Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dawgstar posted:

Also cheese puffs being so critical to the plot.

That detail is top notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The long, near incoherent and feeling 100% unrehearsed sketch despite possibly being scripted that the riffers do at the end of A Talking Cat?! is one of those I can't really explain why but I absolutely love it comedy bits.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah, Spiker, A Talking Cat?!, And Rollergator are now on Amazon Prime.

I watched Spiker and it was a good riff. Very wired product placement from Souplantation of all places.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fezz posted:

I watched Spiker and it was a good riff. Very wired product placement from Souplantation of all places.

And how about all that Olympic volleyball playing they did!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know we all like to focus on the just overwhelming amount of Olympic Volleyball in Spiker or how what appears to be the lead character just dissapears about 1/3rd into the film, but I like to highlight the kid who is weirdly into olympic volleyball.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also the high flying, high paying world of professional beach volleyball.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How could anyone divorce a Beach Volleyball player? Thats throwing away an unlimited Souplantation meal ticket!

Not related, per se, but the first athlete to have a million dollar endorsement deal was a bowler, and in the 1960s the top paid bowler made more than the two top paid baseball players combined.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Where's the serious movie set in the competitive world of professional bowling the world has been crying out for?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She's really impressively likeable even in the worst RiffTrax films she's appeared in.

Honor & Glory is a great riff.

Fezz posted:

I've tried to watch Spiker several times and just can't get into it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spiker is 3 movies promising a different, 4th movie, that never happens

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Spiker came out 2 years ago but this is the first I'd heard about it, which kinda speaks to its quality. Definitely not worth a rewatch but, eh, I finished it, it was fine

My movie quality expectations had cratered pretty loving hard tho, because immediately prior to that I'd attempted the legendary Rollergator, officially made it 20 minutes. What in the gently caress could possibly fill the remaining hour? I'll never know :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Insanity creeping along a road made of guitar noodling.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg3s7xV__X8

The rapping isn't even the worst part of the video

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spiker is one of their weirder films because it feels oddly luxurious for a film with Souplantation as a major backer. Theres a bunch of scenes with lots of extras, stuff filmed in planes, attempts at exotic foreign locales so it feels like there was a decent budget behind it. Despite it coming out in 1986 I thought it was like a decade older for sure.

Edit: Rollergator will claim your soul

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 30, 2020

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

This week's Riff is Martial Law 2: the sequel that does not star the guy from the first movie.

I love how every criminal they encounter is a martial arts expert.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flesh dance posted:

My movie quality expectations had cratered pretty loving hard tho, because immediately prior to that I'd attempted the legendary Rollergator, officially made it 20 minutes. What in the gently caress could possibly fill the remaining hour? I'll never know :v:

You missed Slingshot!

She uses a slingshot.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mister Kingdom posted:

I love how every criminal they encounter is a martial arts expert.

My favorite is in Honor and Glory, where a senator's daughter picks a fight with a reporter on the street, and they both know martial arts

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If you're open to improvised techniques then most people are martial artists, I'm a distinguished master of Pray-Fu.

:derp: OH GOD NO PLEASE SAVE ME GOD AHHHHH!:derp:

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Davros1 posted:

My favorite is in Honor and Glory, where a senator's daughter picks a fight with a reporter on the street, and they both know martial arts

Everybody in that movie knows martial arts

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Honor and Glory has a chubby guy stalking Cynthia Rothrock and plays it for laughs... who also knows martial arts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Another Bill posted:

Honor and Glory has a chubby guy stalking Cynthia Rothrock and plays it for laughs... who also knows martial arts

Almost everybody in that film knows martial arts.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Live shows are postponed until 2021:

RiffTrax: Mike, Bill & Kevin posted:

We’ve received a lot of questions about the status of the 2020 RiffTrax Live Fathom Events shows. As it stands, we feel that it’s in the best interest of the health of our fans, crew, and staff to push 2020’s live shows into the year 2021. The good news: we’re still going to be performing both shows -- just next year! The tentative dates are June 2021 for Hobgoblins, and October 2021 for Amityville, with the exact dates to be announced later

I wonder what it means for their next year's Kickstarter campaign. Will they simply skip it?

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 2, 2020

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If they do another Kickstarter, I'd imagine it would be to add more than the two shows we're getting.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Fathom is still going to play a rifftrax thing in theaters on October 21st https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rifftrax?mc_cid=58587ec5fb&mc_eid=f0f2775764

there's no way in hell I'm going inside a movie theater anytime soon

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

Fathom is still going to play a rifftrax thing in theaters on October 21st https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rifftrax?mc_cid=58587ec5fb&mc_eid=f0f2775764

Yeah, this isn't a good thing they are doing here...

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Breadallelogram posted:

:same: but at least they said they'll make it available on the site afterward. They're also going to do a live riff of Starship Troopers via "Scener" that you stream at home, which is much more my speed right now (and if you backed the kickstarter this year you'll get a code to not have to buy a ticket).

I've gotta respect this, they're dealing with reality far better than most companies right now who are pretending everything is completely fine.

Also I need to plug Mike and Connor's 372 pages podcast, which has been doing wonders for my mental health during the ongoing apocalypse. They endured Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" earlier this year, and have most recently started in on what could either be the best or worst thing they've ever done............

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is that the one from Edward's perspective?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Yup.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just looked it up and found she also wrote a version where the characters were gender-swapped. Which means she wrote three versions of the same story.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Breadallelogram posted:

obviously there's going to be some inevitable overlap between Rifftrax and the RedLetterMedia Best of the Worst stuff, but the degree of overlap seems to have ramped up quite a bit recently.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

Seeing as that was the date for Amityville Live and how theaters are reopening they probably can't just outright cancel again and have to show something.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Breadallelogram posted:

the rifftrax showings near me are usually pretty sparse. i might actually go (no, i don't value my life)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Our showings are pretty sparse, but I don't expect the theaters to open any time soon so...

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

RandomPauI posted:

Our showings are pretty sparse, but I don't expect the theaters to open any time soon so...

Come to Florida, that poo poo's been open since May!

My local game store (I go to for curbside pickup a lot to keep them going) is next to a bar that has a big sign in the window proudly proclaiming that they don't require masks so come on in! We only have the worst infection rate in the entire country/world/universe

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm in one of the Iowa hotspots so I start dying when I open the front door.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i don't know why they don't just live stream. the stranger things was lovely even with the tech glitches.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

i don't know why they don't just live stream. the stranger things was lovely even with the tech glitches.
I would guess it's because of the VIPs.

By the way they scheduled another live stream, this time for Starship Troopers

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Holy poo poo....

I snagged one of the jingle tier rewards in the kickstarter this year. If anyone in here also frequents the Cute Thread or various cat threads, you're already familiar with my sphynx Phyrexian Obliterator.

Well, as of today, Rexie has her own Saturday morning cartoon theme song, courtesy of Kevin Murphy. I regret nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3j6KLm8hQk

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That was an excellent use of money, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Holy poo poo....

I snagged one of the jingle tier rewards in the kickstarter this year. If anyone in here also frequents the Cute Thread or various cat threads, you're already familiar with my sphynx Phyrexian Obliterator.

Well, as of today, Rexie has her own Saturday morning cartoon theme song, courtesy of Kevin Murphy. I regret nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3j6KLm8hQk

hahaha this is so sweet