Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

wilderthanmild posted:

Wait, does your sister get one of those noble horses that basically never spawn?

Yeah man, it is loving Awesome. It is called "Purebreed" or something like that. It's stats are really fantastic. I think its the first tier 6 horse I've seen in the hundreds of hours I've played this game.

Not sure what the boy has as the girl is older and I am able to take her in my party. Will need to test it out when I get out of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I feel like an idiot. I am a Mercenary for Sturgia, how do I become a vassal of theirs?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

I feel like an idiot. I am a Mercenary for Sturgia, how do I become a vassal of theirs?

you get to clan level 3 (the bar on the top right corner of the clan menu) and ask the king to let you be a vassal (unlike becoming a mercenary clan only the king can do it)

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah man, it is loving Awesome. It is called "Purebreed" or something like that. It's stats are really fantastic. I think its the first tier 6 horse I've seen in the hundreds of hours I've played this game.

Not sure what the boy has as the girl is older and I am able to take her in my party. Will need to test it out when I get out of work.

A lot of the quality tier drop stuff will never give you good loot with better modifiers.

After battle it will ask for a chance of a random item off each enemy, it says "give me something worth 300 denars" and then adjusts the quality to that price.

Prices don't really vary much from the value only going up slowly over time/level/progress. But never surmounting to something substantial.

I made it so in my mod that this value may randomly get upped by 10, 50, 100, 500x making it so you get some cool rare loot every so often. So you do get cool horses. I also included more modifiers and fixed it for shields/armour.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1899

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

you get to clan level 3 (the bar on the top right corner of the clan menu) and ask the king to let you be a vassal (unlike becoming a mercenary clan only the king can do it)

Thank you!!

On a side note, after taking a break and coming back to this game, I am getting addicted like hell. Just like the good old days.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

My bad it looks like you only need to be clan level 2 to be able to become a vassal, not 3

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
folks, have you ever had lucon immediately die preventing you from finishing the first main quest and getting the banner

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

trapped mouse posted:

folks, have you ever had lucon immediately die preventing you from finishing the first main quest and getting the banner

Aren't there more than enough relevant nobles to ask? It seems like there's three or four in each faction.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Neorxenawang posted:

Aren't there more than enough relevant nobles to ask? It seems like there's three or four in each faction.

I wasn't there. I know Lucon has some thoughts about it.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Is the game worth another visit at 1.5 (is it stable enough)? Haven't played since start of April.

Uppa
Nov 23, 2002

So I don't know if the latest update introduced a whole whack of new bugs or if I'm just encountering them all now, but in my current game I've found (and I have no doubt most of these are well-known):

1. Smithing in general, but two-handed swords in particular is so insanely profitable the hard part is finding towns that can afford to buy them. 120,000 a sword is absurd. By contrast a similar 1-H sword is worth maybe 4-5 thousand. I've started making 2-handed axes instead because the ones I'm making sell for about 12,000 each, so I can clean out every town's piggybank by selling a couple of them. Note that this is my first time giving smithing a go, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's always been this broken. (fake edit: I just looked at other posts on this page and the absurdity of smithing is mentioned twice. I'm actually crafting and then smelting 2H swords worth 6 figures just to save time getting the materials to craft another one and unlock more parts. I certainly don't need the money at this point.

2. I kicked a companion from the clan while he was assigned as my engineer. At that point I permanently lost the ability to assign anyone else as engineer - it wasn't even an available option (had to load an older save to recover).

3. Removing a companion as governor of a castle doesn't put them back into your party, and they're not in the hall or garrison, they just disappear and then pop up in a nearby town in a day or so. I discovered that when I went to grab my engineer from the castle to go a'sieging and she hosed off into the ether.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Shear Modulus posted:

I wasn't there. I know Lucon has some thoughts about it.

No wonder the Empire's in trouble, nearly every one of their generals seems to have skipped out on their biggest battle.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

You can still go ask other faction leaders I think. It's just a certain number not specific nobles.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Uppa posted:

So I don't know if the latest update introduced a whole whack of new bugs or if I'm just encountering them all now, but in my current game I've found (and I have no doubt most of these are well-known):

1. Smithing in general, but two-handed swords in particular is so insanely profitable the hard part is finding towns that can afford to buy them. 120,000 a sword is absurd. By contrast a similar 1-H sword is worth maybe 4-5 thousand. I've started making 2-handed axes instead because the ones I'm making sell for about 12,000 each, so I can clean out every town's piggybank by selling a couple of them. Note that this is my first time giving smithing a go, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's always been this broken. (fake edit: I just looked at other posts on this page and the absurdity of smithing is mentioned twice. I'm actually crafting and then smelting 2H swords worth 6 figures just to save time getting the materials to craft another one and unlock more parts. I certainly don't need the money at this point.

I'm sort of shocked they haven't fixed smithing yet, but I suspect it lets them get better feedback since the money allows people to explore more aspects of the game.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Yeah I was wrong about the quest being unable to complete. I should probably Stop Posting until I learn a little bit more about the game.

However, because I know this is a goon mod I feel compelled to ask. Does anyone know if Fishbus's Power Up mod is compatible with 1.5.0?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

trapped mouse posted:

Yeah I was wrong about the quest being unable to complete. I should probably Stop Posting until I learn a little bit more about the game.

However, because I know this is a goon mod I feel compelled to ask. Does anyone know if Fishbus's Power Up mod is compatible with 1.5.0?

Description says:

BUILT FOR LATEST BETA BRANCH v1.4.3
(and main branch v1.4.2)

Wouldn't bank on it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I think the super horses are used by nobles so I guess if the game spawns your siblings with a generic noble equipment set they could end up with one.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my game where i sided with sturgia is going horribly. the sturgian nobles decided to declare war on EVERYONE and are now down to two settlements. i'm thinking of betraying them and signing up with the vlandians. i can't win enough impossible battles to overcome the thousands of khergits and battanians swarming the north.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Did they ever make the perks work?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Comrayn posted:

Did they ever make the perks work?

slow but steady they're being implemented / reworked. 1.5 changed a bunch.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade/status/1301179096949567488

Hell yes! Nothing about single player or captain mode troops though.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

juggalo baby coffin posted:

my game where i sided with sturgia is going horribly. the sturgian nobles decided to declare war on EVERYONE and are now down to two settlements. i'm thinking of betraying them and signing up with the vlandians. i can't win enough impossible battles to overcome the thousands of khergits and battanians swarming the north.

Sturgia always seem to get stomped, I'm not sure why.
Wasn't the last patch meant to stop lords voting for "we're already losing two wars, let's vote for three more"?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tree Bucket posted:

Sturgia always seem to get stomped, I'm not sure why.
Wasn't the last patch meant to stop lords voting for "we're already losing two wars, let's vote for three more"?

Sturgia has fantastic soldiers. Their vets and shock troopers do work in battle.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think if sturgia tends to get screwed it's because of their territories being so spread out that unlike most other kingdoms when theyre in multiple wars the fronts are incredibly far away. also they have to fight the khuzaits who are basically godlike (i remember at release the autobattle algorithm would just give a flat bonus to the effectiveness of mounted troops vs infantry, dont know if thats still the case)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shear Modulus posted:

i think if sturgia tends to get screwed it's because of their territories being so spread out that unlike most other kingdoms when theyre in multiple wars the fronts are incredibly far away. also they have to fight the khuzaits who are basically godlike (i remember at release the autobattle algorithm would just give a flat bonus to the effectiveness of mounted troops vs infantry, dont know if thats still the case)

Khuzaits are always horrifying to fight again. Even when they bring the spear bracing for troops in the single player, most of the Khuzaits are horse archers. They will not be rushing into that wall of spears.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

one of sturgia's big problems is that huge loving lake + river corridor that runs through their lands which creates a choke point against themselves. Theoretically they'd have like boats or something and those rivers and lakes would be a bonus instead of a penalty, but they don't and they get boxed in super easily because of it.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

trapped mouse posted:

It's updated to 1.5.0, but not 1.5.1 now

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mesadoram posted:

Khuzaits are always horrifying to fight again. Even when they bring the spear bracing for troops in the single player, most of the Khuzaits are horse archers. They will not be rushing into that wall of spears.

I think I can speak for all of our ancestors that were murdered by Mongols when I say: nerf horse archers

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
fians behind like 10 shields murder horse archers dead

bigger problem is that the horse archers do so well in autoresolve against everyone else

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Maybe the Khuzaits need to be balanced out by suffering more of the difficulties experienced by real-world steppe lords. More persistent and dangerous bandits, maybe, or a big increase to the influence cost of gathering armies.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

terrorist ambulance posted:

fians behind like 10 shields murder horse archers dead

bigger problem is that the horse archers do so well in autoresolve against everyone else

Fians are the bestest :allears:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

its very annoying to me that you can't get the top tier armour in this game. i've got smithies in all the highest prosperity cities but none produce anything but like 1 piece of the lowest-grade tier 6 armour there is. I want the nice armour the cataphracts and such get.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

its very annoying to me that you can't get the top tier armour in this game. i've got smithies in all the highest prosperity cities but none produce anything but like 1 piece of the lowest-grade tier 6 armour there is. I want the nice armour the cataphracts and such get.

I played this game a fair bit when it came out, have now dumped it until it's "finished". The stupid, broken attempt at a self-perpetuating economy is the #1 turn-off for me. Weapons costing as much as whole cities, armour being un-findable as you say. FFS, just set a price on the top-tier gear and have it be widely available once you reach a certain level/renown/vassal status. You're telling me a warlord who is baron over a couple cities can't get a custom suit of armour made?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the best way to reliably get top tier armor, horses and bows is to marry, wives typically come equipped with the highest possible tier of armor and weapons. If they die in childbirth you can remarry for more high end loot

Presumably you can do the same with husbands but it's impossible for them to die in childbirth so you'll have to enable combat death if you want more stuff and I don't know how remarrying works with a female pc

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 3, 2020

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Fishbus posted:

It's updated to 1.5.0, but not 1.5.1 now

Awesome, thank you for letting me know! Now I just have to peel myself away from CK3 for long enough to test it out.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

the best way to reliably get top tier armor, horses and bows is to marry, wives typically come equipped with the highest possible tier of armor and weapons. If they die in childbirth you can remarry for more high end loot

Presumably you can do the same with husbands but it's impossible for them to die in childbirth so you'll have to enable combat death if you want more stuff and I don't know how remarrying works with a female pc

ah poo poo i married a wife with terrible gear. i figured that marrying the daughter of the king of vlandia would be worthwhile, but it doesnt seem to give me any benefit at all. is there a mod that makes armour actually available?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Flavahbeast posted:

Really, everybody should just be playing Fishbus' mod, since by far my favorite thing about it is being able to land some amazing gear every now and then rather than just getting the usual poo poo drops:

Edit:

ah poo poo i married a wife with terrible gear. i figured that marrying the daughter of the king of vlandia would be worthwhile, but it doesnt seem to give me any benefit at all. is there a mod that makes armour actually available?

Yeah, this ^^^^

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 3, 2020

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
they really need to have a wide variety of top-tier prestige armor so you have something cool to work towards after you're all kitted out

even if it's just cosmetic, it would be great to keep getting shinier and more elaborate as you become more powerful

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Has there ever been discussion of Black Armor in Bannerlord? That was always the 'endgame', and I was surprised it's nowhere to be found in this one.

Though I see black armor actually got removed, so shows how long ago I played the original, I guess :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

trapped mouse posted:

Awesome, thank you for letting me know! Now I just have to peel myself away from CK3 for long enough to test it out.

I've also now just updated the mod to 1.5.1

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Really, everybody should just be playing Fishbus' mod, since by far my favorite thing about it is being able to land some amazing gear every now and then rather than just getting the usual poo poo drops:

That is my fav thing too, there's always the chance of better armour, and me and my companions have more varied looks as well, since everyone doesn't end up with the best store bought armour because store bought is only normal quality, so finding the best armour comes with fighting against tougher armies/enemies.

It also allows for really good light armour as well.

Edit: If anyone streams footage of them using it that would be good just because I like observing how stuff is played to get feedback

Fishbus fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 3, 2020