Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

valve has been making vr games for a while. wouldn't put much stock behind the newest vr game valve made as proof they're working on anything else

the only playerbases valve really cares about are csgo and dota, and those games aren't going anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
let me have this

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

valve has been making vr games for a while. wouldn't put much stock behind the newest vr game valve made as proof they're working on anything else

the only playerbases valve really cares about are csgo and dota, and those games aren't going anywhere

Valve seemed to have forgotten about developing csgo until valorant came out.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Playing soldier is fun on lower SRs, seems like a good amount of people now don’t know how to deal with him anymore. He feels p good balance wise

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Having a pretty great time in open queue bronze, for me the ability to flex onto a different role when it's needed outweighs the fact that sometimes you will have games where your team goes 6 dps. Also because 222 still exists as an option, everyone in open queue is there because they want to be, and at least in my games that has gutted the toxicity right out of it.

So if something on the team needs a change I have the full hero list available to me, and then those dumb 6 dps games, which can be fun sometimes in their own right, can basically just be filed under GO AGANE. Good times.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Truecon420 posted:

Playing soldier is fun on lower SRs, seems like a good amount of people now don’t know how to deal with him anymore. He feels p good balance wise

the last buff they gave him where he can shoot more quickly coming out of sprint and his rockets cool down faster made him very fun to play. he's still outmatched vs other DPSs but he's very solid

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If those experimental nerfs on Brig make it live it's just going to completely ruin her, the Sigma and Orisa nerfs are also pretty bad

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

drrockso20 posted:

If those experimental nerfs on Brig make it live it's just going to completely ruin her, the Sigma and Orisa nerfs are also pretty bad

I agree, but people have been saying that for like 3-4 rounds of brig nerfs now. She just got out of a major nerf this season and ended up surpassing lucio as a meta staple ???

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

headcase posted:

I agree, but people have been saying that for like 3-4 rounds of brig nerfs now. She just got out of a major nerf this season and ended up surpassing lucio as a meta staple ???

Which is why she honestly just needs to be given a rework on the scale of what Symmetra and Torbjorn got

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Those don't always work either, considering Sym by herself has had like three of those

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Those don't always work either, considering Sym by herself has had like three of those

I dunno, I'd say she's in a mostly good spot now besides her orbs still feeling a tad too weak for the amount you can have out at a time and how long it takes to refill them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's like Torb's turret. It's meant to be supplemental to her damage.

Of course, Symm's primary is deadly as poo poo fully charged (when in range, anyway) compared to Torb's gun which isn't a big deal unless you can nail headshots with that funky rear end arc or you have Overload active.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I'm not calling Sym bad, but it sure took a lot of re-works for her to get where she is now. Remember shield generator?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

i swear to god quickplay is just unplayable lately because a tank slot is always smurf locking hog for tank queues and they literally do nothing but feed all game

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

So Violet is playing Arcade tonight in NA (Phone pic because OW hates print screen)

(Got to the second one from the T500 list)

It wasn't fun for anyone besides the best player in the world and their duo partner loving poo poo up as bap and mercy. It was pretty garbage actually.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 21, 2020

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

thats one hell of a rough matchup, dang

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Before every round I ask "is a hot dog a sandwich?" in match chat as a form of psychological warfare. This question will make anyone drop what they're doing and type out a paragraph of sandwich semantics.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The game is now more than four years old. Please switch Quick Play loot boxes from three wins to three games. You can play five games and get zero wins and no progress toward Loot Box Joy in an hour's time investment. That's lovely for a game that has so much to compete for people's attention with.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I am a pretty bad player but i don't think i've ever ended up below fourth place five times in a row in arcade dm games

If you really want your lootboxes go hog wild in dm, or reaper or something

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

The game is now more than four years old. Please switch Quick Play loot boxes from three wins to three games. You can play five games and get zero wins and no progress toward Loot Box Joy in an hour's time investment. That's lovely for a game that has so much to compete for people's attention with.

Also the offer of a free box from playing a low demand role needs to be fixed so it gives you the current event box and not just a standard one, literally every other thing in the game that gives you loot boxes as a reward takes this into account, so it's really dumb that this one specific instance doesn't do it as well

Also raise the credit reward for doing that after you get your box from 25 to 100, that would make it much more appealing as a potential reward

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Klaaz posted:

I am a pretty bad player but i don't think i've ever ended up below fourth place five times in a row in arcade dm games

If you really want your lootboxes go hog wild in dm, or reaper or something

Or just do Mystery Heroes as that's the easiest one to farm

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
loot boxes are pointless rewards

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

DM and Team DM are good places to farm boxes, they're shorter than a regular match so you can fit in a few rounds in the time it'd take you to run one qpc. Team DM is also a good place for farming endorsements, if you stay on the lobby you'll eventually get endorsed by most players in it.

Don't get me wrong, I like MH, but I would not play it with the expectation of winning multiple times in a row

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

drrockso20 posted:

Or just do Mystery Heroes as that's the easiest one to farm

i don't like slamming my dick in a drawer tyvm

enemy team rngs into 3 tanks and 3 healers

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

xtal posted:

Before every round I ask "is a hot dog a sandwich?" in match chat as a form of psychological warfare. This question will make anyone drop what they're doing and type out a paragraph of sandwich semantics.

I do this pretty frequently except my line is "ur cute"

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

xtal posted:

A loaf of bread is a ready-to-eat bread sandwich.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

paid money to post posted:

A loaf of bread is a ready-to-eat bread sandwich.

if a single mass of bread can constitute a bread sandwich, one must conclude that a slice of bread is also a bread sandwich. any slice of bread of any thickness is therefore also a bread sandwich. we arrive at zeno's paradox of sandwiches: in order to eat one sandwich, a person must first eat the infinitely numerous stack of arbitrarily thin sandwiches that comprise it, each of which consists of infinitely many thinner sandwiches, and so on to absurdity. therefore, sandwiches cannot actually be eaten.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

World War Mammories posted:

if a single mass of bread can constitute a bread sandwich, one must conclude that a slice of bread is also a bread sandwich. any slice of bread of any thickness is therefore also a bread sandwich. we arrive at zeno's paradox of sandwiches: in order to eat one sandwich, a person must first eat the infinitely numerous stack of arbitrarily thin sandwiches that comprise it, each of which consists of infinitely many thinner sandwiches, and so on to absurdity. therefore, sandwiches cannot actually be eaten.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Game. Set. Match.

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

So is a toast sandwich bread-toast-bread, or toast-bread-toast, or even toast-toast-toast?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

A toast sandwich is bread, toast, bread.

toast, bread, toast is a toasted bread sandwich.

toast toast toast is a toasted toast sandwich.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

bread bread is a wish sandwich

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sockser posted:

bread bread is a wish sandwich

Correct. you may put condiments but its still a wish sandwich.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
All bread is toast and all toast is bread. You have now achieved enlightenment you're welcome fuckers

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
All of you need to stop looking into the abyss. The sandwich paradox is like Bird Box.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Today I learned that Bob apparently counts as a player for the purposes of capping or pushing the cart(or defending/stalling either)

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Man I haven't played Comp in so long. I played a few rounds today and I just lost a match because of a duo on my team. Mercy + DPS. The Mercy didn't help anyone except his buddy. Then the DPS made fun of the other DPS for having a low DPS compared to his own. Then we lost and they blamed the team.

Never change, Overwatch.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Playing OW with friends and playing with the community-at-large are basically two separate games

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Comp is LoL levels of terrible in this game. I won't even touch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I only play mystery heroes anymore. I don't think I could touch comp without muting all the chat in advance, but of course doing that means you're going to get people throwing because they're mad that you're not in comms, so I don't see the point.