Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i got brain damage and i can't jog anymore but it's ok! because i'm not dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Normally it's brain damage that gets people jogging

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Pistol_Pete posted:

My biggest driving hate were the people who didn't know that you're supposed to use motorway slip roads to accelerate up to the speed of the existing traffic and would instead move out onto the motorway at 40-50mph, expecting people already on there to brake/ make space for them.

I've not had a car for 3 years and it's honestly just one less thing to worry about.

Oh man, a few years ago I was accelerating down a looping slip road only to have a learner driver stopped dead right before joining the dualcarriage way. I poo poo a brick and had to then try and get from 0 to 60 in about 25 metres before merging (unsuccessfully, obvs)

I don't blame the learner, rather the lovely instructor who took them down there when they weren't ready.

Also people who brake to exit a motorway/DC onto a slip road... brake in the slip road you tits

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

mrpwase posted:

Generally you don't take the racing line and corner at 175mph on your commute to work*, which I think is why changing gears irl is easier than in games

*if you do, let me know where so I can stab you

**if you both live and work at a racing circuit then I guess this is fine

The slip road from the m25 clockwise onto the m40 eastbound is a lovely little two lane decreasing radius number which is great for outbraking and overtaking round the outside the bmw that was tailgating you at 85mph a few miles back because they're too afraid to put a little heat in the tyres

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Nobody's sure why exactly but the daily death rate has collapsed in the last couple of months and has remained in the single digits, even as cases rise again.

In my own mind, a rapidly spreading disease that's killing 1000 people a day is well worth altering your routine to avoid catching it; one that's killing 5-6 people a day is a lot more :shrug:

I guess a lot of people are feeling like that now?

the most vulnerable who were susceptible to it might already be dead. it killed what 60k people here? i assume we're gonna ger yearly outbreaks where it comes and kills tens of thousands, ravaging care homes etc, then goes away for a bit.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So when do I stop judging everyone for the way they live their lives?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

never stop judging people quietly. just become a seething ball of pent up rage.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
My (unsupported by scientific studies) opinion is that the virus is already mutating to become less deadly. We're all swarming with viruses constantly but we normally never notice, 'cos it's not in the 'interests' of the virus to actually kill their hosts.

I think in years to come, we'll have a corona season like we have the flu season now but it'll be people taking a couple of days off work to recover rather than ending up on ventilators in hospitals.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Bardeh posted:

Why would you want a car with a dick cutting tool?

dial-a-rabbi :jewish:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
When I play pandemic and notice that people are starting development of cures I sell some of the more lethal mutations to get the heat taken off me but continue infecting people, I assume similar here

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So when do I stop judging everyone for the way they live their lives?

You're British m8, never

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Natalie Fartman posted:

It did not, it expired with my visa. I've been intending to learn here (I too, only know automatic, yikes) but ... Rona

Bae's Mississippi licence was good for one year I think? Or maybe two, then she had to take the UK test. She, too, only drives automatic, but we sold the car when we moved to London anyway because gently caress driving in London.

Some countries we recognise their driving test to be strict enough it's just valid forever over here, iirc. America's...not so much.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The bellend that fixed by phone lens glass has cracked the actual back of the phone case in the process. Now what

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the estate agent doing the valuation is late by half an hour

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Bit surprised they even bother and don't just look on Zoopla and Street view or whatever

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the main problem is the dog is getting wound up because he has not had his walk and if this twat turns up and bangs on the door he will go bezerk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
See if they want a threesome to make up for the lateness

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Probably doing 40 on the M6

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Partner and I went to the Steve McQueen exhibition at the tate modern. It's the first time we've been inside a public space longer than 5 mins since lockdown but we were comfortable going as you had to book in advance, everyone in masks, numbers managed + large rooms so we never had trouble keeping well away from others.

It was bloody lovely, even just the experience of putting on tidy clothes and leaving the house with a plan that wasnt groceries. The work itself was cool too, would recommend

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

When I was a kid I wanted live the life of the Wild Thornberries

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smashing

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

lol the estate agent got the wrong house so is coming back tomorrow

i should have guessed, a guy in a pink shirt pulled up next door in an audi, banged on the door, and left after not getting an answer

i should probably have said something but i do not like to interfere in next doors business in case i end up getting a stabbing he's overdue

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

now you can take the dog out to poo poo in his front garden

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i should probably have said something but i do not like to interfere in next doors business in case i end up getting a stabbing he's overdue

Probably don't say that to the dude valuing your house.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

feedmegin posted:

we sold the car when we moved to London anyway because gently caress driving in London.
The closer you get to the centre, the worse it gets. Was up in Chinatown (by Leicester Square) last Thursday and even on foot the junctions around that area are enough to make your head spin, almost literally in some places, because you have to look in about 7 loving directions to cross over without being hit by whatever traffic has suddenly materialised in the few moments you were looking out for other traffic.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
You cannot pay me enough to drive in central London, let alone make me pay ultra-low emission zone charges :colbert:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Can you drive a cyber truck right into the magnetic centre of London for free?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

yay i got on to the ma course

just got to sort out the loan now

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

grats op

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I've let the vegetarian diet slip and bought some discounted millionaire filled doughnuts. Interested to see how it tastes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

yay i got on to the ma course

just got to sort out the loan now

Well done.

Try not to punch any university children or write anything worse than Twilight.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tesco plant sausages are not home freezer-able. I will have to eat 12 of them in 4 days.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

three sosses a day is eminently feasible

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

goatface posted:

Tesco plant sausages are not home freezer-able. I will have to eat 12 of them in 4 days.

Yeah they aren't.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

cook them into food then freeze the food?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What happens if you freeze them? Freeze the last one as an experiment.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They become meat

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Woah now. It was not a complaint.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

goatface posted:

At least you can cook stuff. My oven is completely and utterly hosed right now so I'm sinking into oblivion spending all my money on takeaways and spreading them out for two days at a time for the next loving week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Have you even heard of a hob? Omg my god