Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dacap posted:

Gargano/Cole would be pretty funny too.

Thinking about it, are any of those four even faces at the moment? Does NXT have ANY main event faces with Lee gone?
drat, it's such a good thing they called Keith up to get a pinfall over Orton and then not be involved in the finish for a Triple Threat at all that decided the next #1 Contender.

In any other company you'd assume that's because they're strapping a rocket to Keith Lee, Orton will win the championship, and Lee will be Orton's first big feud and possibly win the tittle, but I won't be shocked if Orton doesn't even manage to win the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dacap posted:

Thinking about it, are any of those four even faces at the moment? Does NXT have ANY main event faces with Lee gone?

I mean, they have KUSHIDAhahahaha I'm sorry I couldn't even finish the comment.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Just send Ricochet back down. He didn’t have a long run in NXT and never got the main belt. It’s a better use for him than Main Event.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dacap posted:

Yea a Serial Killer proud boy lookin dude lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god.

What a gigantic gently caress you to their fans, lmao. All so they can try and pop a rating with another championship match next week.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

MJeff posted:

Oh my god.

What a gigantic gently caress you to their fans, lmao. All so they can try and pop a rating with another championship match next week.

NXT is on Tuesday next week, too

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea a Serial Killer proud boy lookin dude lol

Don't forget they also have the recently returned pedo, because as Smackdown has shown people who are real-life pieces of poo poo that should be suspended or in jail clearly make for the best faces.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/1300873061734981635?s=20

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1300892005875306504?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Edward Mass posted:

NXT is on Tuesday next week, too

Okay so they're giving their fans a giant middle finger for absolutely no reason. Wow.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder if Gabe is getting creative power now because this poo poo is totally something he would try just to pop an extra house

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how can you say "dude is no dummy" about johnny gargano when he's pointing directly at an open flame and saying "touch this. it feels good if you stop being ascared" metaphauro in the house once again.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
In Iron Man matches that are tied, they usually go into sudden death. You're telling me instead of just doing Sudden death with the two with the highest pin totals, they said see ya next week on Thunder?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

In Iron Man matches that are tied, they usually go into sudden death. You're telling me instead of just doing Sudden death with the two with the highest pin totals, they said see ya next week on Thunder?

They won't, but using the fact it's a TV show with a strict timeslot could work there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A 60 minute iron man match as a vehicle to a singles match. Incredible.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

They won't, but using the fact it's a TV show with a strict timeslot could work there.

I'd say they could do TV time remaining, no one gets a fall before the end of the second hour and oops, see you next week. But that would be doing something the other side would do so they definitely won't.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Gumball Gumption posted:

A 60 minute iron man match as a vehicle to a singles match. Incredible.

I remember thinking distinctly a few years ago that even as they'd continued to ruin some of their most iconic match types, the Iron Man Match was one of a handful that still carried true prestige and they always treated as important and with respect for the stip.

How long until we're having Rumbles on Free TV?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Sanguinia posted:

I remember thinking distinctly a few years ago that even as they'd continued to ruin some of their most iconic match types, the Iron Man Match was one of a handful that still carried true prestige and they always treated as important and with respect for the stip.

They aired the royal rumble that one time on raw the night after when a blizzard snowed them in, does that count?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teddybear posted:

They aired the royal rumble that one time on raw the night after when a blizzard snowed them in, does that count?

That was a fun recap show, it also had Mox hitchhike to Raw and implied he gave a handy at a truck stop.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1300942070761304065

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So they are potentially ending the show with the 60 minute Ironman based on the wrestlevotes tweet. The potential for sudden death next week seems like such a misstep.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's not "sudden death" when the wrestlers have a whole week off to rest jfc :cripes:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
NXT's audience is old enough to be used to waiting around all week for sudden death

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

NXT's audience is old enough to be used to waiting around all week for sudden death

LMAO

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

final battle 2002 had a 4 way match end in a 60 minute time limit draw. this was also how they determined the first ever ROH champion, but low ki was successful in his efforts there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ending in a draw and continuing the sudden death next week is an interesting tactic though. the downside with iron man matches to me is i always wonder if the audience just tunes out until the last 5 minutes of it. if they would have gone with an actual finish i wouldn't have thought the match was a bad idea at all, it's certainly unique. but a non finish is just an excercise in frustration. maybe the match will be good though. it is four very good wrestlers involved.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I have a feeling they'll do a double pinfall as time expires.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

JOHN CENA posted:

ending in a draw and continuing the sudden death next week is an interesting tactic though. the downside with iron man matches to me is i always wonder if the audience just tunes out until the last 5 minutes of it. if they would have gone with an actual finish i wouldn't have thought the match was a bad idea at all, it's certainly unique. but a non finish is just an excercise in frustration. maybe the match will be good though. it is four very good wrestlers involved.

I was actually just thinking about the same thing and was wondering: are there any iron man matches where someone just dominates? obviously there are better ways to just put someone over really strongly, but it might be cool to see if handled correctly

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Professor Funk posted:

I was actually just thinking about the same thing and was wondering: are there any iron man matches where someone just dominates? obviously there are better ways to just put someone over really strongly, but it might be cool to see if handled correctly

feel like the only way this works if you do a total squash and then have an authority figure invent a mercy rule on the fly after 5 falls in 8 minutes or something

still, i wouldn't be shocked if, i dunno, chikara did an angle where an up and coming face just desparately wanted to get one fall on the board against a monster heel

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
an iron man match involving a wrestler with a knockout finish who just hits it and then sits on his unconscious opponent for half an hour

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ironman where a chickenshit heel gets one pin and then runs around the ring the whole rest of the time.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I don't think the idea of the 4-way iron Man match ending in a draw is a bad idea in and of itself, especially to get two weeks worth of TV out of it. But the fact this match was thrown together and none of the participants have any heat is what makes it seem like stalling for time rather than telling a good story.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Betting the use the other finish and have McAfee cost Cole next week.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I want Cole to win so that the best weekly wrestling show, UpUpDownDown Uno can have an all-LRLR Champion's Salute.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

They did one on Smackdown in 2004 and Raw in 2011.

I think I vaguely remember a Tag Royal Rumble on Raw in the late 90s too?

I think Elimination Chamber might be the only non-one-off gimmick match that they haven't done on free TV at this point?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Professor Funk posted:

This doesn't answer your question but it reminded me back when ROH started doing 2 out 3 falls for tag matches with the Briscoes and the Briscoes kept winning 2-0 a whole bunch.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

blunt posted:

They did one on Smackdown in 2004 and Raw in 2011.

I think I vaguely remember a Tag Royal Rumble on Raw in the late 90s too?

I think Elimination Chamber might be the only non-one-off gimmick match that they haven't done on free TV at this point?

I knew about the Smackdown one, but not the Raw,one. Still, I don't think those have done anything to damage the Rumbles prestige at least, unlike this poo poo.

In terms of Ultimate Feud Ender's, did they ever run Three Stages Of He'll into the ground?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sanguinia posted:

I knew about the Smackdown one, but not the Raw,one. Still, I don't think those have done anything to damage the Rumbles prestige at least, unlike this poo poo.

In terms of Ultimate Feud Ender's, did they ever run Three Stages Of He'll into the ground?

The Three Stages Of He Will

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
They've only done like three 3SOH matches that I can think of. Vince probably forgot it existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

IcePhoenix posted:

The Three Stages Of He Will

Call Vince McMahon, I have his next big Wrestling Wedding angle...