Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

sugar free jazz posted:

lol third crash for liquid vs 5 men in the same game

They're remaking the game for the fourth time. This is real bad.

EDIT: Nope, they're postponing.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ikpayi/bot_ti3_details_live_matches_new_bot_ai_all_info/ Bot TI details, starts Sept 23

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://twitter.com/BeyondTheSummit/status/1300871317776818177

ive never been so relieved to see the talent lineup

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

who is danog

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Token Aussie replacement for Tobi

(He does some of SEA the and China games that don't get the more mainstream Western casters)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kyle in a spicy mood https://twitter.com/keepingitKyle/status/1301105257657835521

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kyle should shut up

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

gently caress swindlemelonz

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
He's absolutely right that people shouldn't restream tournaments lol. The fact that Valve allows it is incredibly bad for most TOs, especially now that every tournament is entirely online.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yup. The pro scene is dying real hard. Meanwhile Valve are still raking it in.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kyle owns.

This Khan/NiP game does too

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I used to hate Kyle, but he's 100 percent right on every single thing so now I like him

Dota's dyin, Valve

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
"30 million dollars disagrees :smug:"

Doesn't Valve get 70 Million dollars off of that though? For selling some cosmetics that they underpay the artists for?

This read like a poo poo post but in 100% honestly and sincerety:

25% of all Battle Pass sales go directly to the prize pool of The International 10.

So Valve is directly profiting 75% of the Battle Pass sales. So they've made 90 million dollars off of this year. (multiply the prize pool by three to get what valve pockets)

DotA can and very well might be a dumpster fire, but Valve is making a killing anyways so why would they care about improving DotA or the Pro scene at all. Give QoP booty shorts and the money just rolls in.

life_source fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 2, 2020

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Valve should fund a pro scene and sell passes and all that poo poo to fund it without everyone relying on some gaming chair company putting on events in exchange for ad space. They sort of have a self-funding mechanism in place for that already with the ticket stuff they did years ago that went away for reasons that I can't remember

I also think there is a pretty distinct line between funding a viable multi-tier pro scene and funding flying a bunch of the same commentators around the world to run the same studio show over and over. Streamers commentating pro games draws thousands of eyes onto events and is good for Dota overall but bad for the studio people, which is pretty obviously where Kyle is coming from.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I agree with Kyle that something needs to be done but I'm not sure what attacking Sing like that is supposed to accomplish. The guy has his dedicated fanbase that watch him do whatever, if he wasn't watching omega league they wouldn't be in the official streams

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Also Sing's subcount + donations went up when he stopped playing dota fulltime and trying to be a pro player.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Are we going to rehash this poo poo every few months?

e: clearly Kyle will

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kyle apologized to sing for lashing out and talked about other stuff

https://medium.com/@keepingitKyle/the-elephant-in-the-room-d3a5d55e9f80

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He still sucks. Also loving Gorgc isn't a commerical entity that is dumb as poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

he constantly pulls in like 8k+ viewers he absolutely is lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He still sucks. Also loving Gorgc isn't a commerical entity that is dumb as poo poo

What

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

I spent almost two weeks talking to your agent about finding ways to have you involved in the official broadcast from the comfort of your home. I haven’t heard back from him since August 19th. I assume you chose to simply stream the games yourself.
Ultimately, I can’t really blame you. It makes me mad, sure. But until Valve changes their rules, all I can be is angry.
We’d still love to include you on the broadcast, Marc has my number.

They just want Gorgc to stop streaming and pay him off for his viewers. It's all dumb esports gatekeeping bullshit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

They just want Gorgc to stop streaming and pay him off for his viewers. It's all dumb esports gatekeeping bullshit

Did you fall and hit your head?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Do you guys think that 'be a part of the official broadcast' means anything beyond a few hundred dollars for turning on his webcam for a segment and hosting the official stream on his site?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Red Red Blue posted:

I agree with Kyle that something needs to be done but I'm not sure what attacking Sing like that is supposed to accomplish. The guy has his dedicated fanbase that watch him do whatever, if he wasn't watching omega league they wouldn't be in the official streams

This was my thought. He's deluded if he thinks I'd switch to his commentary over hearing sing watch his old friends play without the hypecast. Or that I'd know his tournament is going on at all.

Sponsorships or something? Idk

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Half the time Kyle doesn't even talk about the game or dota

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anyway, this liquid/vp game 3 owns

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

Anyway, this liquid/vp game 3 owns

What a crazy ending!

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Having Taiga play 4 heroes as the three and have boxi play the 4 has certainly payed off for liquid

e: grammar

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

This was my thought. He's deluded if he thinks I'd switch to his commentary over hearing sing watch his old friends play without the hypecast. Or that I'd know his tournament is going on at all.

Sponsorships or something? Idk

It's naive to think that there would be absolutely no sing or gorgc viewer who wouldn't switch over to the official stream if that was the only way to watch.

Also, sponsors don't like the fact that they've paid good money for a tournament and half of the viewers don't see any of their ads because of unofficial streams. It's the reason why the only people willing to sponsor Dota 2 are mainly gambling sites (other companies like Mercedes have agreements with ESL as a whole across all the games they cover).

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This Viking/Alliance game is incredible.

54 minutes in, 2k gold difference.

66 Minutes, less than 1k difference.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 2, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm loving this vikin.gg/alliance game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao a ballista on drow

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I wanted to take a nap but told myself I would after this game was over... no regrets tho

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
haven't had a good long match in a while. love to see it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol what an ending

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Even a great ending. Incredible.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The whole viking.gg team was alive and Alliance had 3 dead without buyback when the game ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Ragingsheep posted:

It's naive to think that there would be absolutely no sing or gorgc viewer who wouldn't switch over to the official stream if that was the only way to watch.

Also, sponsors don't like the fact that they've paid good money for a tournament and half of the viewers don't see any of their ads because of unofficial streams. It's the reason why the only people willing to sponsor Dota 2 are mainly gambling sites (other companies like Mercedes have agreements with ESL as a whole across all the games they cover).

For what it's worth, if people want to hear from those involved:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/il4nwx/sings_reaction_to_kyles_tweet/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/il7w41/singsing_taking_the_higher_road/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/il5rle/gorgc_on_free_content_and_kyle/