Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Oh dear me posted:

Where can I see how much dread I have?

It's the raised fist-like icon next to gold, prestige, etc on your character page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I joined a defensive war for my ally, the Duke of Aquitaine, against a revolting vassal. We won, I had sieged 3 baronies (out of 4) while he sieged out the last, and he did all the battles. Yet, at the end, it gave me nothing: due to my "0 war contribution". Bug, was it because I disbanded armies just before he declared victory, or maybe I should have been battling?

Oh dear me posted:

On your character screen, it's the gauntlet next to the gold coins.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

canepazzo posted:

I joined a defensive war for my ally, the Duke of Aquitaine, against a revolting vassal. We won, I had sieged 3 baronies (out of 4) while he sieged out the last, and he did all the battles. Yet, at the end, it gave me nothing: due to my "0 war contribution". Bug, was it because I disbanded armies just before he declared victory, or maybe I should have been battling?

On your character screen, it's the gauntlet next to the gold coins.

War contribution seems to be based on something like losing men. You can get ridiculously high contribution scores in crusades by getting your army wrecked a few times.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
It's 928 A.D. and Byzantium is well on the way to recreating Rome. Except... uh... I'm Flanders. I think claimants to the French throne wound up in Constantinople and the Byzantines have been pushing claims left and right and they've changed the rules so they wind up as Emperor over the kings. Just converted to Orthodoxy because 1/3 of France already has. The Rhine area has converted to non-christian dualism(?!), and I'm occasionally attacked by naked female peasants wearing bits of armor like a 80s fantasy novel cover.

I do think an AI aggression maybe needs a tweak. Claims seem easy and quick to get in comparison to CK@. It's just WAR everywhere. Constant war. Mercs seem a lot cheaper which is nice.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

He already provided his due share of troops to you as a vassal, which is included in what you summoned when you raised your banners. He can do whatever he wants with the rest of his troops. You can increase how many troops he is obligated to provide by changing the obligation laws with a hook, but the only way to get all the troops out of a county is to personally own it.

So if he has 100 troops, and his obligation is set at 20%, then you can raise 20 troops under your own banner and the other 80 can do whatever he wants.

Zeron posted:

Vassals aren't obligated to follow you to war, they already gave you troops as part of your levy. People of your family can usually be called in as allies in the ticker though. You can also usually form alliances with direct family members too.

Interesting thanks. I guess I just thought my own marshal and heir would join my war considering he's on my council and also is going to inherit what I conquer.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Fintilgin posted:

The Rhine area has converted to non-christian dualism(?!), and I'm occasionally attacked by naked female peasants wearing bits of armor like a 80s fantasy novel cover.

:perfect: GOTY

yeah it seems there's a lot more focus on war now, at least at the beginning. I hope they'll flesh out internal management/decisions/events/stuff to do in the coming DLCs, game is good and fun as it is but I can't wait for the usual PDX games improvements over the lifespan of the game

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Oh dear me posted:

It is on your realm page I think, at the bottom.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

On a side note I think they nailed cultural innovations, aside from like Legalism and Tolerance I never cared much about CK2's techs (with the occasional exception), but I often second-guess myself over which innovation to focus on next.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Uh what? How come I lost one of my counties to a neighboring Duke on succession? They're not related to me, they're not my liege, what's going on here?

E: I don't even get a claim on the County that was stolen from me. This is ridiculous

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 2, 2020

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I asked this before but I don't think I've seen anyone comment on it - is the fact that Irish men following Insular Christianity can take multiple wives working-as-intended?

feels like no but idk

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

DrPop posted:

I asked this before but I don't think I've seen anyone comment on it - is the fact that Irish men following Insular Christianity can take multiple wives working-as-intended?

feels like no but idk

It's listed as one of the religion's features so I guess so.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

This game just came out right? But there is already a Vampire: The Masquerade total conversion for it. How is that possible?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

GoodluckJonathan posted:

This game just came out right? But there is already a Vampire: The Masquerade total conversion for it. How is that possible?

Some modders got access early. I guess maybe they worked really hard for the short amount of time they had it?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh I figured it out I think. It did go to my brother, but he automatically became a vassal of the other duke because it was in his de jure duchy. That really sucks, I was trying to usurp that title and now I'm weaker than ever. It's hard to get good allies as a Count.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

where is the create new faith button? im a pagan if that matters. don't see it in the faith screen or in the decisions screen

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Davincie posted:

where is the create new faith button? im a pagan if that matters. don't see it in the faith screen or in the decisions screen

I believe it's when you're looking at your religion's tenets and doctrines it's a big button on the very bottom.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I got the event where Visigoths had to choose whether to stay as such or turn into Asturleonese. I'm the king of Asturias and I wasn't able to choose the Visigoth path because I didn't control 80%+ of the Visigoth-culture provinces.

Thing is, by looking around the map while the popup was waiting I'm pretty sure I had them all - I'd just reconquista'd Valladolid, and I couldn't see any Visigoths in North Africa or some such. Is there any way I can search for stray Visigoths around the map?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i just got a reform button, i suppose its not possible for unreformed pagans. this makes turning feudal rather hard as you need 3 holy sites from all around the map

edit: just noticed ironman randomly turned off when resuming yesterdays game today? rather nasty bug

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

canepazzo posted:

Disbanding armies early didn’t cause me a problem in my game. We’re the baronies you sieges part of the vassals domain?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What's the difference between the seduce and the romance options?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Davincie posted:

i just got a reform button, i suppose its not possible for unreformed pagans. this makes turning feudal rather hard as you need 3 holy sites from all around the map

That is my understanding of how it works. Though, I suppose in theory you could convert to a reformed faith and then establish a new one.

Broken Cog posted:

I believe when you seduce them you have the option to just lay with them or then make them into a lover, while romance can result in a soulmate relationship.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I miss being able to hit up the Jews for a loan. Also I have yet to see a Jewish character outside of the Khazars. In Ck2 I would always have one or two show up in my court every now and then.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anybody playing any tribals? I'm struggling to find where I can up my tribal authority - it doesn't seem to show up in my realms page. Can someone tell me specifically how I am being stupid?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Anybody playing any tribals? I'm struggling to find where I can up my tribal authority - it doesn't seem to show up in my realms page. Can someone tell me specifically how I am being stupid?

theres 4 buttons on top of your realm page

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Broken Cog posted:

Seduce is when you're trying to get your bone on (big permanent opinion boost with the target, potential for children and scandal if discovered).

Romance is for Prestige hunting - you get a small temporary opinion boost with the target, and a big whack of prestige, but no sex (unless you choose it, which is probably a bad idea).

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Does anyone else find the new map hard to parse sometimes? I'm probably just too used to the old one. Is there a "show direct vassals" map mode like in CK2? That might help. But the bigger problem for me is that it's too busy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Davincie posted:

theres 4 buttons on top of your realm page

but there aren't

CK3 is trolling me, mods?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

I miss being able to hit up the Jews for a loan. Also I have yet to see a Jewish character outside of the Khazars. In Ck2 I would always have one or two show up in my court every now and then.

I got a random one when I was looking for a court physician once.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ASAPRockySituation posted:

but there aren't

CK3 is trolling me, mods?

They mean the realm page from the buttons on the top-right, that's just the page for one of your titles. It's the green crown icon I believe.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Dee Ehm posted:

So I'm the king of Ireland and could declare myself the King of Wales and now I'm at the point of the game where I don't want to keep playing because I don't want my nice tidy kingdom to fall apart.

I'm a little confused about how Confederate Partition works. Will the kingdom of Wales be created if I die whether I make it or not? I have a primary heir who's unlanded and a murderer and the second-in-line to the throne is the duke of two duchies in Wales. Is it just going to fall apart no matter what I do and I need to just deal with it and let the family branch out?

As an aside, my grandson tried to kill me on a hunt. I exposed him but apparently my family would all dislike me if I put him in prison for trying to kill me so I guess he walks free. Also very confused why mayors are able to call themselves powerful vassals when I'm a drat high king.

it seems so, i purposefully destroyed all my king level titles and every time i die they all get created and go independent anyway

its really really annoying because someone has an assassinate scheme against me months before i'm able to complete my empire and no matter what i do it succeeds

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Magil Zeal posted:

They mean the realm page from the buttons on the top-right, that's just the page for one of your titles. It's the green crown icon I believe.

jesus christ thank you

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

AnEdgelord posted:

I had a random one just turn up to my court in Ireland and wanted to join.

Then my wife got into a fight with him and I had to kick him out.

Then my wife got into a fight with like 4 more courtiers in a row and I had to tell her to knock it off.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Something very strange happened, when I saved and quit for the evening yesterday my heir was imprisoned by the Aftasid Emirate, and had been for a couple of years. Now on reloading he suddenly isn't imprisoned, and isn't in any of the previous years auto saves either. Any ideas what could have happened?

Is there a way to access all the dismissed logs?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

AndrewP posted:

Interesting thanks. I guess I just thought my own marshal and heir would join my war considering he's on my council and also is going to inherit what I conquer.

It is a bit annoying, but at the same time one good thing about CK is that the rules are consistent for everyone. So it sucks as a ruler, but if you end up playing as a vassal then it makes sense because otherwise you could never take the marshal role, otherwise your liege could just steal all your troops whenever they felt like it and you couldn't gain new land.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i imprisoned everyone in my realm who was a criminal and executed like 25 people and became a kinslayer and then it kicked me out of being the head of the family/dynasty. now i have to kill even more people to get it back

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Had two seemingly buggy things:

1. Was suggested that I go raid my neighbor, but when I send my raiding army there, they stand around and do nothing.

2. Pressed a claim, called my 3 allies into war and won, but immediately went from 100-something prestige to -250 and I'm not sure why.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I had some weird event chain where a serial killer was randomly murdering my relatives. After killing 3 of my sons and a grandson, I got enough clues that I figured out who it was, picked the choice to confront them, and..... nothing happened. Nothing more came up. Anyone else had this happen?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Glass of Milk posted:

Had two seemingly buggy things:

1. Was suggested that I go raid my neighbor, but when I send my raiding army there, they stand around and do nothing.

2. Pressed a claim, called my 3 allies into war and won, but immediately went from 100-something prestige to -250 and I'm not sure why.

Make sure your army is on the barony, you can't siege towns/temples (this is a bit finnicky/annoying tbh). And calling allies costs prestige (renown for calling in dynasty members).

Edit: Wrong on the raiding part. Also claim wars cost a lot of prestige to declare and any gold/prestige/piety rewards are split based on contribution so you may not have gotten much of that.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 2, 2020

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

violent sex idiot posted:

i imprisoned everyone in my realm who was a criminal and executed like 25 people and became a kinslayer and then it kicked me out of being the head of the family/dynasty. now i have to kill even more people to get it back

I feel like this is a greek tragedy waiting to be written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Zeron posted:

Make sure your army is on the barony, you can't siege towns/temples (this is a bit finnicky/annoying tbh). And calling allies costs prestige (renown for calling in dynasty members).

That's not how raiding works, Raiding can hit towns and temples too, but normal wartime sieges do not.

I suspect that Glass of Milk might either have:
a: 'raised all armies' instead of 'raise armies as raiders' which are 2 different things.
b: maybe they're on a region that's already been pillaged, as shown by a torch icon. (Places can only be pillaged every 5ish years or whatever. )