Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

power botton posted:

I got tickets for the RATM and run the jewels tour that was postponed to next year.

I hope rage is still good.

i wanted to go to this, but it's at an arena and neither of them are anyone i want to see in the setting, plus i already saw rtj (with a zack de la rocha appearance!) at a club the night before trump's inauguration, and that was on fire show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I saw Mac Sabbath last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIFZ-tzM_Sc

After seeing the best band on earth, there's no reason to ever see another one.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

sugar hill gang are biters

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

sugar hill gang are biters

i better see you do a septuple head spin

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i got a kayak since i can walk to the river.

its a good way to go wear yourself out in the afternoon.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
kayaking is super good because you're basically out in nature floating around on a small couch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah, i'm really looking forward to getting a little jonnyboat when i go to portland. something i can just huck on top of the truck and drive down to the river with and float around listening to a transistor radio and not staring at a screen.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rotor posted:

kayaking is super good because you're basically out in nature floating around on a small couch

isn't that more tubing? the last (and only) time I was in a kayak staying upright took significant effort

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the problem with drifting down the river is having to hike back up to ur stuff

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

isn't that more tubing? the last (and only) time I was in a kayak staying upright took significant effort

im talkin about ocean kayaking not the lil river ones

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah, i'm really looking forward to getting a little jonnyboat when i go to portland. something i can just huck on top of the truck and drive down to the river with and float around listening to a transistor radio and not staring at a screen.

That sounds fun and all but you still aren’t thinking like a person with disposable income. “What if I just paid somebody to do this for me?”

https://www.freedomboatclub.com/franchises/columbia-boat-club-inc/portland-oregon.html

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the river near me is a very low flow constant level lake.

you can put in moderate effort and row up stream a couple miles to the dam where there is an island where you can watch people throw sticks into the river for their dogs.

then you can relax and the current takes you slowly back down to where you put in.

i start right in the middle of the near set of bridges here, then paddle upstream, which is toward the camera in this photo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

you can put in moderate effort and row up stream a couple miles to the dam where there is an island where you can watch people throw sticks into the river for their dogs.

then you can relax and the current takes you slowly back down to where you put in.

i start right in the middle of the near set of bridges here, then paddle upstream, which is toward the camera in this photo

oooo this seems nice

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

then you can think, oh my god i'm in texas what in the hell has gone wrong why am i in texas and why have i lived here my entire life

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Broken Machine posted:

then you can think, oh my god i'm in texas what in the hell has gone wrong why am i in texas and why have i lived here my entire life

ohhhhhhh

not pictured: 110 degree heat

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
oh yeah it’s 105 here feels like 110. thats why everyone gets in the river this time of the year.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

they're trying to drown themselves but they lose the will do to it at the last minute

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Broken Machine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxP442T-aZ0

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Fool posted:

what if i told you that there were good musicians in all genres

how many grammys has skrillex won

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how many grammys has skrillex won

apparently 8 despite ever only releasing one album and then trying to get into K-pop and failing. wikipedia says he's back to doing emo with his old band which I didn't know was a genre that had active artists in 2020

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

these people were generally, in my experience, high school athletes.

i was a very bad high school athlete on one of the worst soccer teams in the state of maine. its all i talk about now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I like all music except rap and country.

same but only rap and country.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
alright old town road is definitely playing at your funeral

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I was thinking you can never go home again

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Fool posted:

I was thinking you can never go home again

it sure is looking that way lol!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://youtu.be/cCEHQ_nhxOA

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

not very original etc etc

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gbT_QG75Z4

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
well, would you look at that. when was “shoes”, 15+ years ago now?

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Update: I've been buttass nude for for the last 5 major meetings I was in

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i took thursday and friday off because i'm just fed up with everything. wish i had paid leave.

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
I have a bunch of vacation time but see no reason to take it because I'm just going to sit around the house (car's on the fritz)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i took next week off to go hiking a lot

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My 40th birthday is on Saturday, thinking about taking Friday off but I'm technically taking every workday off if you think about it anyway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i’ve got 6 days of vacation left for the year and not much to do with them. doing a few “thursday + friday” long weekends is about as good a plan as any

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

happy birthday in advance tori. as well as can be celebrated in these conditions at least.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Scud Hansen posted:

I have a bunch of vacation time but see no reason to take it because I'm just going to sit around the house (car's on the fritz)

yeah this is my problem too, I'm not sure what the difference would be between officially taking time off and just slacking off when I'm supposedly on the clock

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I have something like 200 hours of pto banked right now, I've been taking random days off here and there all summer but without being able to go anywhere I don't see the point of taking a full week off so I can't spend it fast enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I took my birthday off this last month and spent the time putting together the new tree I bought them.