Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
We put up lots of great new audio the last few days. First up, Kris did a new Exile on Badstreet episode in his series on NWA Wildside, and it's as good as the previous episodes have been:
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1299875405952888832
And on the new main show, Dr. Keith returned to talk over the week of SummerSlam '98:
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1300284780441997312
Finally, in our newest Patreon special (free preview is already up on the regular BTS feed; I'll do the hard sell tweet in the morning), it's part 2 of our ECW on TNN series, and it's tremendous. One of the things we love about these shows is how we learn as much doing them as you do listening to them, and this is no exception:
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1300658361038524417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/RealPatMcNeill/status/1301292924366475271

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
This is a terrible day for the IWC as Casey Michael (@ifyouseekcasey) passed away and Jim Valley is hospitalized in the ICU.

CopywrightMMXI fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 3, 2020

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

oh no :smith:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We should all be as sweet and insightful as Jim Valley.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What a lovely day for the wrestling community

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Casey died? That loving sucks. His tweets seemed to suggest he’d get better soon.

And Jim? gently caress this

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

We should all be as sweet and insightful as Jim Valley.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress, please be okay, Jim :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

F4WOnline posted:

His wife, Kari, gave us the following update.

"Jim has a rare autoimmune disease called GPA (formerly known as Wegener's) and while it has been in remission for about 6+ years, he is having a flare-up. He got laryngitis in July but it manifested into pneumonia which we didn't know until last week. He has a fantastic team working with him, one step at a time."

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pneumonia can really gently caress you, good luck Jim.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I remember Jim and Dave not sounding well after the Tokyo Dome trip back in January. I wonder if he's been fighting stuff off all year. This is such a shame on so many levels.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Get well soon Jim!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i hope jim gets better, i really like his show with fumi and i think of his 30 minute point by point destruction of seth rollins whenever seth says something dumb and lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jim was and is a big asset to F4W for many reasons but I really appreciated the perspectives he'd provide on Covid response early on as someone who is legitimately immunocompromised.

Get well Jim, hope he pulls through this one.

Also, did Dave acknowledge Casey's death on the podcast? I feel like that's worth a mention on the front page of the Observer site and the newsletter since Dave has used his stories before.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its on the webpage and he tweeted yeah

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jim was and is a big asset to F4W for many reasons but I really appreciated the perspectives he'd provide on Covid response early on as someone who is legitimately immunocompromised.

Get well Jim, hope he pulls through this one.

Also, did Dave acknowledge Casey's death on the podcast? I feel like that's worth a mention on the front page of the Observer site and the newsletter since Dave has used his stories before.

Yes they lead with that on WOR before getting into the latest on Jim.

On a lighter note, I love the San Jose Steamroller one again powering through his watch alarm going off.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dango Bango posted:

On a lighter note, I love the San Jose Steamroller one again powering through his watch alarm going off.

In my mind's eye I see Bryan with a giant bulging vein in his forehead.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I haven't listened today but I was cracking up last time it happened, when Dave was like "Yeah, it's one of these stopwatches. I guess that one goes off at 22 minutes past the hour." Like Dave why, and why aren't you stopping it, and how many stopwatches do you have set to go off at random times

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The stopwatch bit is such incredible bad radio.

Jim is great and I hope he recovers. I need to dig up his amazing WOL appearance from October.
https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1180205916597014528

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 3, 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1301668749888561152

whose ready for the worst gimmick on the b&v show to get worse

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So excited for another season of worked handoffs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

I haven't listened today but I was cracking up last time it happened, when Dave was like "Yeah, it's one of these stopwatches. I guess that one goes off at 22 minutes past the hour." Like Dave why, and why aren't you stopping it, and how many stopwatches do you have set to go off at random times

If I remember right, Bryan even says,"Okay go turn it off" and Dave replying deadpan,"No it's cool I don't even notice it anymore" and then just proceeding to keep talking while the loving thing kept beeping :laugh:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1301668749888561152

whose ready for the worst gimmick on the b&v show to get worse

I mean, rob might speak again 😬

Also, I love Bryan freaking out about the music sounding like poo poo while everyone explains it's just him.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The hubris of thinking fantasy football is of any interest to anyone except those directly involved.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

I mean, rob might speak again 😬

Also, I love Bryan freaking out about the music sounding like poo poo while everyone explains it's just him.

Remember when Bryan shut down a show because the cats were making so much noise nobody could hear anybody else speak... except Bryan was literally the only person who could hear them. Craig pointed this out so Bryan went out of his way for their next show to prep cat howls on audio and play them over the top of Craig talking while screaming,"WHAT'S THE MATTER CRAIG I THOUGHT NOBODY COULD HEAR THIS!?!"

What a wonderfully petty little man :allears:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

New Rudocast is up! An All AEW episode, we talk Dynamite and preview All Out with our picks and predictions. Plus, after the PPV on Saturday we will have a live Rudocast on Twitch. I will be giving away some sweet Lucha face coverings as part of the live stream!

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptj0hfTQCoo

Twitch Channel - Follow us to get notified when we go live on Saturday!

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

Audio version:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Remember when Bryan shut down a show because the cats were making so much noise nobody could hear anybody else speak... except Bryan was literally the only person who could hear them. Craig pointed this out so Bryan went out of his way for their next show to prep cat howls on audio and play them over the top of Craig talking while screaming,"WHAT'S THE MATTER CRAIG I THOUGHT NOBODY COULD HEAR THIS!?!"

What a wonderfully petty little man :allears:

After re-listening to older B&V reviews of retro RAWs/Nitros, I think my tolerance for this kind of stuff has plummeted, but this one was one of the worst cases.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

If I remember right, Bryan even says,"Okay go turn it off" and Dave replying deadpan,"No it's cool I don't even notice it anymore" and then just proceeding to keep talking while the loving thing kept beeping :laugh:

I definitely remember a follow up to this where Brian said "Well we can HEAR it" and Dave went "yeah" and then just back to whatever other point he was talking about

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm irrationally angry about this.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Pylons posted:

I'm irrationally angry about this.

I looked at the left side and disagreed with some of the choices but wasn’t too upset. Then I looked at the right side and now I’m filled with rage.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I looked at the left side and disagreed with some of the choices but wasn't too upset. Then I looked at the right side and now I'm filled with rage.

Having listened to the podcast, their reasoning behind picking a lot of the movies they did was real dumb. And they included a lot of movies they haven't actually seen.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I looked at the left side and disagreed with some of the choices but wasn’t too upset. Then I looked at the right side and now I’m filled with rage.

Thunderdome over Fury Road?!?!?
Bloodsport over Enter the Dragon?!??!
Running Man over Dredd?!?!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fury Road should have won the whole thing, also Aliens is a better action movie than Terminator

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Less bad but still abysmal

Edge of Tomorrow over loving RoboCop in 2020 when RoboCop is the most appropriate movie ever right now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

jesus WEP posted:

Fury Road should have won the whole thing, also Aliens is a better action movie than Terminator

Terminator isnt even an action movie! Its a sci fi horror thriller!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dango Bango posted:

Having listened to the podcast, their reasoning behind picking a lot of the movies they did was real dumb. And they included a lot of movies they haven't actually seen.
What did you expect from Dan "The man who didn't try mayonnaise until he was 35" Rykert

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Lid posted:

Terminator isnt even an action movie! Its a sci fi horror thriller!

I mean, Heat is on there and that’s a loving crime drama way more than it’s an action movie.

This feels like it would be less ridiculous seeming as a “Dude Flicks” tournament than ascribing itself to an actual genre.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lid posted:

Less bad but still abysmal

Edge of Tomorrow over loving RoboCop in 2020 when RoboCop is the most appropriate movie ever right now

Look RoboCop is obviously great but Edge of Tomorrow is also a near-perfect movie so I will not be mad about it advancing

I'm more upset about Die Hard somehow getting eliminated in the first round of an action movie bracket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Concept is basic as gently caress