Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I was at Wrestlemania 25, 28, and 32. 25 was above average, 28 was a gamechanger (even with some poo poo matches, i remember the show fondly), and 32 I took a poo poo during the HHH/Roman main event and it was the 2nd best part of the night aside from Zack Ryder winning.

Was at the fabled Hell in the Cell PPV where Dean Ambrose died to a hologram of a little girl, I think.

So that's....1 and a half out of 4 major shows that were turds. And all of em were before the times we're living in now, where those angles from those shows would be welcomed at this point.

More house shows, less PPVs, let wrestlers goof off when they're not on camera

I have never known what that hologram was supposed to look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
The last wwe event I attended, and the last I'll ever attend, was the Phoenix takeover show. I was hammered and don't remember anything about it. The last show prior to that was a 4th of July smackdown where they had the new day rap battle with Wale. That was fun!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Ziggler vs Rollins in a 30 minute Iron Man match

Wasn't that the one where the crowd cared so little about the match they only cared about counting down the last ten seconds of every minute?

Then to counter this they stopped showing the clock on the screen and the crowd just counted down whenever they thought it was the ten second mark which eventually prompted them to put it back up on screen.

I seem to recall Dolph exasperatedly saying "NOW THEY'RE JUST COUNTING WHENEVER!" during it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FTR were on Vickie's podcast

FTR posted:

Vince wants to hear ideas. Whether he wants to use them is up to him. But, the 130 people that you have to go through to give those ideas, they are so afraid to be face to face with him. It blows my mind. I understand he is an enigma. I understand he’s created his own legacy in the minds of people in the business. But, they are so afraid of losing their job because they pitch an idea but want to stay as low key as possible because they want to get a paycheck the next week. That is sad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AEW just got almost 930k unopposed, so HHH is going to have a real internal battle in his mind over whether he wants more viewers on Tuesday than on Wednesday (while knowing AEW gets more viewers either way) or to continue fighting a losing battle (while knowing it's kneecapping AEW just enough they can't reach a million with both shows on simultaneously)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I understand Vince is a sociopath that could fire you for sneezing but just give him your loving ideas, jeeze.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My last televised show was Royal Rumble 2008, so I got to be there for Cena at #30.

Otherwise, I went to a few house shows because my wife was able to get the tickets for free. One of them was a Smackdown house show on a Monday night. It was a really surreal show because Raw was going on and someone texted me about Roman dropping the title due to leukemia. There was zero reference to it on the show and who knows when all those wrestlers even found out. It was kind of bizarre, walking to the car at the end and thinking, "There are so many WWE fans here and so few of them know what's going on right now."

Another time, it was me, my wife and two of her nephews. They were about 10 and only knew wrestling from YouTube compilations. One of the matches was Asuka vs. Mandy Rose. At one point, my wife asked one of the kids who he was rooting for.

"I'm rooting for Dollface."

"...who?"

"Dollface. The one who showed up in a the mask."

"OH! Yeah... You... probably shouldn't refer to women as 'Dollface.'"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Last WWE show I attended in person was the one where Rollins turned heel. It was pretty fun.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My friends and I used to go to Raw and Smackdown at the Nassau Coliseum pretty frequently around '99-'01. We were at the show where D'Lo paralyzed Droz, and another where either Jericho or Benoit had to wrestle something like four times in one night to earn a title shot.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thanlis posted:

Heh. My final two WWE shows were Judgment Day 2001 and the following day’s RAW. I have no complaints.

I've been to two WWE PPVs. Royal Rumble 2001 and Wrestlemania 30. That's the last ones I'll ever go to and it feels good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think the last WWE (umbrella) show I went to was the Houston Takeover with War Games & Andrade/Drew. It loving ruled.

The last actual WWE-branded show was probably Mania 30. Maybe the Raw the night afterward? We bought tickets to Mania the day-of and got great seats, so it was a nice way to throw a surprise into our vacation in New Orleans. I'm almost certain we would have gone to Raw the next night but it's completely blanked from my memory.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The last Raw I went to was in 2014 in Miami and it had a bunch of notable stuff happen. It was the one where

- Steph got arrested
- HHH cut his infamous "my friend Mark" promo
- it had the segment where brie_says_bitch.gif was created
- New Day made one of their very few appearances in their original Nation of Domination-esque gimmick

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the my friend mark promo gets funnier every year in a way he definitely did not intend

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The last show I went to was Survivor Series 2015. I got to be crushed Moxley/Ambrose lost, enraged Roman won, laugh that Sheamus actually cashed in, and then mad all over again I left a show with Sheamus standing tall as champion.

Also some middle aged guy was crying and screaming about wanting a refund in the concourse because Sheamus cashed in on Roman lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Also some middle aged guy was crying and screaming about wanting a refund in the concourse because Sheamus cashed in on Roman lol.

Lmao owned

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TheKingslayer posted:

The last show I went to was Survivor Series 2015. I got to be crushed Moxley/Ambrose lost, enraged Roman won, laugh that Sheamus actually cashed in, and then mad all over again I left a show with Sheamus standing tall as champion.

Roman crying in confetti ruled

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TheKingslayer posted:

Can't believe you got to see Green Lantern Fan.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I went to wrestle mania in New Orleans a few years ago, and the Indy show I went to immediately after was way better. It involved some Kaiju and some Big Battles.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Last one I went to was a RAW back in '98. Through the mid-80s to early 90s the WWF used to due monthly house shows, and my father would take me to them every month.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

At intermission of one of my house shows they did a game where the contestants stood on the stage and then attempted to imitate their favorite wrestler's entrance as their music played. It was mostly little kids doing the normal kid things, Roman, Becky, Cena, things of this nature. Then this one like 30 year old dude tried to Break Orbit like Neville and got really mad when the crowd did not declare him the winner.

Like, i get that he probably posts here, but dude its a little bit for the children, no? It's not your thing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Takeover Toronto last August was my last one and probably the last I'll ever attend. I remember thinking, at the end, that it was fun because live wrestling is basically always fun, but felt pretty by-the-numbers and joyless, especially compared to the other shows I'd attended that weekend (a Progress show and an all-women's show featuring Shimmer and a few other promotions). I think it's widely considered to be the first 'bad' Takeover.

If my kids get into wrestling and like WWE I'll take them, but I don't see myself buying another ticket to one of their shows again.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Xerzes posted:

I have never known what that hologram was supposed to look like.

Congrats on having a lot in common with the whole entire tech industry lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only WWE show I've seen live was Judgment Day 2003. It was, uh, not good

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Day_(2003)

Being fair, the Eddie and Tajiri versus Team Angle ladder match objectively slapped but everything else on the card was garbage.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the last show i went to was the go home raw/ecw/smackdown extravaganza of mania 25. it was terrible rotten poo poo that smelled like poop. great show

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still have young nephews who like to go and since I'm a good person I suffer in life so that I may be rewarded in eternity.

The last shows we went to were the Raw that introduced the Viking Experience, and whatever the gently caress they did on Smackdown the next day. The draft. It was a double ticket thing.

projecthalaxy posted:

At intermission of one of my house shows they did a game where the contestants stood on the stage and then attempted to imitate their favorite wrestler's entrance as their music played. It was mostly little kids doing the normal kid things, Roman, Becky, Cena, things of this nature. Then this one like 30 year old dude tried to Break Orbit like Neville and got really mad when the crowd did not declare him the winner.

Like, i get that he probably posts here, but dude its a little bit for the children, no? It's not your thing

They did this at one of the shows above, and a little boy did the IIconics yell and pose.

He won. Obviously.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ivypls posted:

the my friend mark promo gets funnier every year in a way he definitely did not intend

HHH dared the audience to stop watching

And then

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
I've been to....wanna say 13 live WWE events? 4 RAWs, 2 Smackdowns, 2 PPVs, 1 Smackdown House Show, 3 NXT House Shows I think is the count? To the shock of no one, most of them were bad to nonmemorable.

3 of the RAWs were bad to whatever. 2015 one that I remember because that League of Nations faction for Sheamus formed that night, and I remember Kevin Owens was supposed to be in it but was sick so he wasn't around. 2016 show leading up to Mania with Taker and Shane, but was also the show where PAC broke his ankle. Then one more that had Ricochet and Aleister on it when they were tag teaming. I can tell you nothing else of what happened on that one other than they were there. The "good" RAW, which still had one of the worst segments I've ever seen, was July 25, 2016. The first RAW after they started the brand split again, Finn Balor's main roster debut, and a small glimmer of hope before things went to poo poo real quick.

Smackdowns were whatever, Smackdown house show was whatever. House show was better than the live show, don't think that's a shock.

Both PPVS....oh boy. I've seen live not one, but TWO of the worst Iron Man matches the WWE has produced in the past 5 years. Featuring babyface champion Sasha Banks tapping out to Charlotte Flair 2 seconds before the time was up at Roadblock 2016 and babyface challenger Seth Rollins blowing a 3-0 lead to lose to Dolph Ziggler at Extreme Rules 2018.

NXT shows were good though that was in a time when NXT was actually good. Shoutout to the Andrade/Roderick Strong/Adam Cole triple threat at one of them that was a great match.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

My last show in person was Wrestlemania 23

It was fine, I guess. I got to see a literal fascist get hit with a stone cold stunner.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

NXT Replay on SyFy did 185k which is ... about 100k more than I was expecting them to do?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The two TV/PPV events I went to were

WCW Souled Out 1999: Goldberg/Scott Hall in a ladder match after Goldberg's streak was ended + a REALLY awesome 4-Way between Psicosis/Rey/Juvi/Kidman
AEW Dynamite #5: The Halloween episode where Kenny came out as Sans from Undertale and I think it was Shida's Dynamite debut

On the subject of NXT to Tuesday, it's kind of funny that they'll be saddled up with TNA again after TNA tried very unsuccessfully to start a war against the WWE, and less than 10 years later the WWE has bled out so many viewers that they're getting the same ratings as TNA did in their futile Monday Night War attempt

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I went to one of the last Smackdown drafts. Best part of the night was KO opening the show as the first Smackdown pick and Nakamura doing his entrance. Didn't get to see him wrestle since he was the dark match and I had to work at 6AM so we split instead of sitting through 205. Didn't bother with anything again until All Out and the Boston Dynamite.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1301627761715490817

Trump is going to get this fella killed by not @ing Vince

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Critical posted:

I went to one of the last Smackdown drafts. Best part of the night was KO opening the show as the first Smackdown pick and Nakamura doing his entrance. Didn't get to see him wrestle since he was the dark match and I had to work at 6AM so we split instead of sitting through 205. Didn't bother with anything again until All Out and the Boston Dynamite.

This was also my last WWE show and my thought process was "Nakamura will be there and this is probably the last time you can see him untainted by WWE and in person" so I had to go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1301627761715490817

Trump is going to get this fella killed by not @ing Vince

Didn't even @ HassanRouhani

Lazy!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I probably went to a SmackDown after it, but the last WWE show I specifically remember attending was No Way Out 2000 and it was good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've only ever been to one WWE show, a house show in Dublin last year that I took my friend to for his birthday. I'd been at an OTT show a few weeks earlier and by comparison, the WWE stuff was like watching wrestling in slow motion.

It was fun enough. The Revival did the Bucks pose. Luke Harper and Eric Rowan were there. Sin Cara too. All gone!

Roman got the biggest pop of the night, the kids just LOVED him.

Daniel Bryan stole the show for me, the man can turn just absolutely anything into gold. The absolute GOAT of WWE imo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The last televised WWE show I went to was Smackdown 1000. It wasn't great, but I at least got seats in a booth.

It was a complete contrast with the last televised show I went to: the first episode of Dynamite.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lamuella posted:

Only WWE show I've seen live was Judgment Day 2003. It was, uh, not good

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Day_(2003)

Being fair, the Eddie and Tajiri versus Team Angle ladder match objectively slapped but everything else on the card was garbage.

so which seal was the ladder match behind

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The only WWE tv taping I’ve ever been to was a Superstars taping in 1995. There were a lot of squashes but they’d have real matches every once in a while, like Bret vs Sid and Yoko/Owen vs Razor and The Kid.

The advertised main event was Diesel/Shawn/Razor vs Yoko/Owen/Bulldog. We ended up getting Diesel/Marty/Ahmed vs Owen/Bulldog/Jean-Pierre Lafitte.

At least we got a cool Avatar/Skip match to kick off the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I went to NXT Takeover 25 and I also watched Spurs bottle the Champions League Final against Liverpool that afternoon.