Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol when I was in London in 2015 I could not loving believe how many Pret A Mangers there are. Like you can always see at least one location from another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Data Graham posted:

Lol when I was in London in 2015 I could not loving believe how many Pret A Mangers there are. Like you can always see at least one location from another

They have 450 stores worldwide and 250 of them are in London. There used to be a joke challenge about navigating from on side of Central to the other while only being allowed to breathe inside Prets. No idea why they're so successful because it's garbage tier sandwiches and they are corporate hell-holes who fine employees for not being visibly cheerful.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

okay and... what exactly was this tweet that wasn't screenshotted?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Chaser

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Mak0rz posted:

okay and... what exactly was this tweet that wasn't screenshotted?

It was a list of the instragrams of J and K comics. They also do Hey Buddy, Eat The Rich, and F The Moon. They didn't give a reason why but suspected it was of a dinosaur saying "gently caress Joe Kennedy".

Sorry for not screenshotting it I just didn't think the home account that hadn't posted the picture would have gotten suspended.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mierenneuker posted:

I am skeptical that “the boss’s jokes” is something that will encourage people to return to their office.

HAHAHAHAHAAA

i had a different read on that. to me it seems to lean more to describing your work day and then being like remember to clean everything you touch so you can keep enjoying this.

either way its garbage.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Darkhold posted:

https://twitter.com/helloalegria/status/1301290315593191426

The OP is not the idiot. Really that makes work so enticing.

Who on Earth decided this list would appeal to anyone? Like I get that they're going for nostalgia of all the little "normal" things that we haven't done for six months, but it's as if they intentionally picked the most annoying stuff they could about office life.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powered Descent posted:

Who on Earth decided this list would appeal to anyone? Like I get that they're going for nostalgia of all the little "normal" things that we haven't done for six months, but it's as if they intentionally picked the most annoying stuff they could about office life.
the kind of people who work in marketing

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't get the confusion; it's a very effective ad. Assuming the message is "you don't have to work if you catch the virus and die," and I can't see how you'd read it any other way.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Not sure they should be pushing Natasha Romanoff’s buttons like this

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rick_Hunter posted:

It was a list of the instragrams of J and K comics. They also do Hey Buddy, Eat The Rich, and F The Moon. They didn't give a reason why but suspected it was of a dinosaur saying "gently caress Joe Kennedy".

Sorry for not screenshotting it I just didn't think the home account that hadn't posted the picture would have gotten suspended.

I'm confused. What does this have to do with accidentally left getting suspended? :confused:

Powered Descent posted:

Out of touch platitudes like this have been an ongoing thing from marketing since March.

I can't count the number of times I've heard radio ads that follow this format:

"During these uncertain times, we at (company name) are here for you. We want you to continue to buy our products and use our services."

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Powered Descent posted:

People who are so absurdly privileged that neither they, nor anyone they know, has ever in their lives had to work in an ordinary office, and so whose only source of information on the subject is The Office.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pookah posted:

People who are so absurdly privileged that neither they, nor anyone they know, has ever in their lives had to work in an ordinary office, and so whose only source of information on the subject is The Office.

And they think that working in The Office would be 'fun'.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yeah I was gonna say the people who made that have never been stuck in an open floor plan office for slave wages.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pookah posted:

Especially with it being from the UK, that really gives the whole “the boss’s jokes” part a much darker tone.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Exactly - The Office is funny = Offices are fun.

These people are extremely, extraordinarily dumb. They think other people are stupider than them because 'if they were smart, they'd have achieved what I have'. They forget that their 'achievements' were 99.9% driven by the fact that they went to the right school.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Am I the only one who thought they were vertebrae?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Mak0rz posted:

I'm confused. What does this have to do with accidentally left getting suspended? :confused:

Same person who ran all those Twitter accounts ran accidental_left.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/cursing-dinosaur-account-suspended-twitter-joe-kennedy/

Rick_Hunter has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Sep 3, 2020

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rick_Hunter posted:

Same person who ran all those Twitter accounts ran accidental_left.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/cursing-dinosaur-account-suspended-twitter-joe-kennedy/

drat they got the swearing dinosaurs too? RIP

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

There's just something about posting this, being an avid Trump supporter, and calling OTHER people's critical thinking and memory skills into question that just hits every spot.

(This person posts the most insanely stupid poo poo multiple times per day, most of which insults liberals for "being dumb and so goddamn crazy!" and then expects people like me to want to associate with them at all)

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Grimdude posted:

There's just something about posting this, being an avid Trump supporter, and calling OTHER people's critical thinking and memory skills into question that just hits every spot.

(This person posts the most insanely stupid poo poo multiple times per day, most of which insults liberals for "being dumb and so goddamn crazy!" and then expects people like me to want to associate with them at all)

What is the Bubba Wallace hoax? Are they claiming he didn’t drive a Black Lives Matter car, or that he isn’t black, or just that he doesn’t exist?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

What is the Bubba Wallace hoax? Are they claiming he didn’t drive a Black Lives Matter car, or that he isn’t black, or just that he doesn’t exist?

Or the George Floyd hoax? He didn't die? He had past convictions so it didn't matter that he died? He had a fake twenty so it didn't matter that he died?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It wasn't even a hoax, one of the crew team noticed a noose was set up in their new garage. It turned out it had always been there and was part of the door mechanism. Easily misunderstood and everyone moved on fine, except the people yelling SEE SEE IT'S NOT A RACIST SPORT while sporting their heritage not hate avatars.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gross Dude posted:

Or the George Floyd hoax? He didn't die? He had past convictions so it didn't matter that he died? He had a fake twenty so it didn't matter that he died?

He did drugs at some point so he definitely died of an overdose and not from the dude's knee on his neck.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
He was "no saint" so all the people who felt sympathy towards him or his family were hoaxed big time into having soft feelings for another human.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

flashy_mcflash posted:

He did drugs at some point so he definitely died of an overdose and not from the dude's knee on his neck.

And yet if he had COVID, somehow his cause of death would be the cop and not COVID :thunk:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

It wasn't even a hoax, one of the crew team noticed a noose was set up in their new garage. It turned out it had always been there and was part of the door mechanism. Easily misunderstood and everyone moved on fine, except the people yelling SEE SEE IT'S NOT A RACIST SPORT while sporting their heritage not hate avatars.

“All the door pulls are like that!”

And then it turns out that was the only one they could find after checking several racetracks.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PhazonLink posted:

ah yes 1990s internet censor problem of banning the city of Fishkill and breast cancer support groups in 2020.

why are computation machine stuff so dumb?

I worked on a large system once which had a minimum length of three letters for customer surnames. Which was fine until you still having to deal with Mr. Ng.

And another really old customer service system which did mail-merges to send letters out to all customers, unless the first customer in the file had the initials "GH" which for some reason it treated as a file-identifying magic character string (like "#!" in shell scripts) and wouldn't load it because it didn't think it was a customer name file.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Stack Machine posted:

Am I the only one who thought they were vertebrae?

Yep
They certainly arnt 'bamboo'

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mega Comrade posted:

Yep
They certainly arnt 'bamboo'

Really? I was convinced.

I feel bamboozled.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Stoatbringer posted:

I worked on a large system once which had a minimum length of three letters for customer surnames. Which was fine until you still having to deal with Mr. Ng.

And another really old customer service system which did mail-merges to send letters out to all customers, unless the first customer in the file had the initials "GH" which for some reason it treated as a file-identifying magic character string (like "#!" in shell scripts) and wouldn't load it because it didn't think it was a customer name file.

Yeah, Google+'s "real names" policy screwed up a lot of people with "funny" names, like Native American names made of multiple English words, people who only had one name, IIRC yes, people whose names were too short; it had so obviously never been tested on a non-Googler customer base.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Bobby Digital posted:

“All the door pulls are like that!”

And then it turns out that was the only one they could find after checking several racetracks.

Wasn’t part of the investigation them finding a pic of it as is months before Bubba’s team moved in?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Wasn’t part of the investigation them finding a pic of it as is months before Bubba’s team moved in?

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it was common. If it was done months earlier with no ill intent but was the only one, then the reaction from Bubba and crew is perfectly understandable if misplaced. For the right wing it has to be an intentional deception on the part Bubba Wallace. If a photo hadn't been found from months earlier they'd be claiming Bubba tied the noose himself.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it was common. If it was done months earlier with no ill intent but was the only one, then the reaction from Bubba and crew is perfectly understandable if misplaced. For the right wing it has to be an intentional deception on the part Bubba Wallace. If a photo hadn't been found from months earlier they'd be claiming Bubba tied the noose himself.

They totally claimed that anyway.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, Google+'s "real names" policy screwed up a lot of people with "funny" names, like Native American names made of multiple English words, people who only had one name, IIRC yes, people whose names were too short; it had so obviously never been tested on a non-Googler customer base.

Yeah, the correct solution to this was for Google to issue everyone a unique, pronouncable string ID that can be used as the primary key in their database, and require all users to legally change their names to their assigned identifier. It'd solve the whole problem in one fell swoop.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Iran's so far away.
I couldn't get my pay *guitar stab*

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Gross Dude posted:

Previous posters have mentioned that the "mainstream" shitheads now blame George Floyd's death on drugs and/or say that he was "no angel," but it should be mentioned that Q people think that everyone in the video is a crisis actor, and that the cabal hired Ben Bailey of Ca$h Cab to play one of the cops.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

There is a professor at George Washington University that got caught in a Rachel Dolezal/Elizabeth Warren situation today. She's white but has been pretending to be black. She tried to pre-empt getting outed by posting a non-apology to Medium.

https://medium.com/@jessakrug/the-truth-and-the-anti-black-violence-of-my-lies-9a9621401f85

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/09/03/white-gwu-professor-admits-she-falsely-claimed-black-identity/

But the REALLY funny thing is someone posted a clip of her on a Zoom call that shows how poorly she faked her accent.
https://twitter.com/gringatears/status/1301576760820215808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Euphoriaphone posted:

There is a professor at George Washington University that got caught in a Rachel Dolezal/Elizabeth Warren situation today. She's white but has been pretending to be black. She tried to pre-empt getting outed by posting a non-apology to Medium.

https://medium.com/@jessakrug/the-truth-and-the-anti-black-violence-of-my-lies-9a9621401f85

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/09/03/white-gwu-professor-admits-she-falsely-claimed-black-identity/

But the REALLY funny thing is someone posted a clip of her on a Zoom call that shows how poorly she faked her accent.
https://twitter.com/gringatears/status/1301576760820215808

The Medium post says at first she pretended to be North African, I kinda want to here the accent she used for that bullshit.