Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

JosefStalinator posted:

I swear I found it earlier but can't find it again - is there a way to see which religions control x amount of counties, like the old ledgers?

Religion screen > "other faiths" at the top right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

If it says my levies are at 1335/2060, how exactly do I get it to max out? Is it just a matter of waiting awhile or is there something im missing?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

And oh god i accidentally opened the dynasty tree

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Sankis posted:

If it says my levies are at 1335/2060, how exactly do I get it to max out? Is it just a matter of waiting awhile or is there something im missing?

Waiting is one part, I'd guess maybe you have some vassals that dislike you? Try checking the realm screen and swaying anyone who holds land and dislikes you.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Promigeniture is hard locked until so late, it's an interesting choice but one that makes my need to OCD order my empire way more difficult!

Qubee
May 31, 2013

People were saying yesterday that you can revoke titles without incurring tyranny for wars declared that are part of your de jure / fabricated claims. I'm trying to revoke titles of people I've conquered, but it still incurs tyranny?!

All my vassals rose up in rebellion and it turns out when they're not giving you levies, you're pretty drat weak. RIP.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 4, 2020

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Just before -- William and Harald Hardrada start at war with England so there's a decent chance of any of the three sides winning. Hell, Denmark sometimes even gets in on the fun.

So, if William wins does he leave the two northernmost Dukes in power as he did historically until he caught them plotting rebellion, or does he do a clean sweep and replace everyone?

I mean, I can play as one of those dukes and simply help Harold win the wars against the invaders if I have to, but I really liked the long game of warring and plotting against Norman vassals until I was strong enough to overthrow the King. It was a race against time, because if one province went English before I did so it was really hard to stamp out that culture and stop it from spreading.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Fintilgin posted:

It's 928 A.D. and Byzantium is well on the way to recreating Rome. Except... uh... I'm Flanders. I think claimants to the French throne wound up in Constantinople and the Byzantines have been pushing claims left and right and they've changed the rules so they wind up as Emperor over the kings. Just converted to Orthodoxy because 1/3 of France already has. The Rhine area has converted to non-christian dualism(?!), and I'm occasionally attacked by naked female peasants wearing bits of armor like a 80s fantasy novel cover.

I do think an AI aggression maybe needs a tweak. Claims seem easy and quick to get in comparison to CK@. It's just WAR everywhere. Constant war. Mercs seem a lot cheaper which is nice.

That sounds kind of awesome actually. :colbert:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Note: Do not get a pet cat and dog at the same time. :(

EDIT: Also screw you queen im keeping my cat

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 4, 2020

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Is there any point in increasing the size of siege units? From the stats it looks like they have the same effect on siege progress at any size.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

fuf posted:

Is there any point in increasing the size of siege units? From the stats it looks like they have the same effect on siege progress at any size.

Maybe to compensate for attrition, but that's about it.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Becoming pope of your own religion is basically unlimited money if you allow indulgences, it's insane.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Do children who are independent landholders outside the realm inherit during partition? If not, is it a good idea to give everybody that I don't want to steal my capital duchy a county and make them independent, then conquer them back as my heir?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Magil Zeal posted:

I've seen people visit the brothel in two different streams, and both times they got the Great Pox. Either they're very unlucky or I'm staying away from Rakish.

Syphilis didn't exist in Europe until the Colombian exchange though?

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
I really like what they've done with the music. How it's all ambient you might hear in, say, an RPG during exploration. Events and wars trigger a more familiar movie score. I've played for hours and I don't register repeating songs. I like OST from EU4 or Stellaris or Victoria 2 very much but it gets old very very fast.

On the other hand modding music probably becomes much harder. At the moment you don't even hear "calm" tracks changing. I suppose modders should only add event music like war ballads.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

So my lunatic plague-ridden King died at a fairly young age. I was happy as his heir was 17 and I'd married him well.

Except that he was already estranged from his wife as he'd been banging a 55 year old.

Tomislav the Gilf-Hunter.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

biglads posted:

So my lunatic plague-ridden King died at a fairly young age. I was happy as his heir was 17 and I'd married him well.

Except that he was already estranged from his wife as he'd been banging a 55 year old.

Tomislav the Gilf-Hunter.

In this time period she could be a GGILF

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Charlz Guybon posted:

Syphilis didn't exist in Europe until the Colombian exchange though?
Paradox seems to support pre-Columbian Old World syphilis theory since CK2 for whatever reason. Maybe they just wanted some deadly veneral disease as a risk for lustful/seducer characters.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

One thing I'm always trying to do in CK is to get Alexios Komnin the emperorship in Byzantium and it turned out to be an excersize in frustration. Anyone have tips? I started the faction to get me the BYZ and some people joined and than it feels like you have next to no influence over it. I had the spymaster looking for secrets at random which got me some unlucky dude but thats about it. What can I do to get more people to join? I've seen dudes with -70 opinion of liege who still won't join. The list says there are people with weak hooks who might be persuaded to join but the button says you need a strong hook for that and no option to "persuade" them.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Can someone explain succession to me?

I'm in the default, Confederate Partition. I have a kingdom title, 2 duchies, and about 7 counties. I changed the kingdom to Tanistry Elective by decision, my designated heir is getting the most votes but I'm still losing a duchy and related counties to multiple heirs. Do I have to change the succession laws for each title I own? That's a lot of prestige

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

canepazzo posted:

Can someone explain succession to me?

I'm in the default, Confederate Partition. I have a kingdom title, 2 duchies, and about 7 counties. I changed the kingdom to Tanistry Elective by decision, my designated heir is getting the most votes but I'm still losing a duchy and related counties to multiple heirs. Do I have to change the succession laws for each title I own? That's a lot of prestige
Yes, Elective is Title succession, it only applies to specific titles, while partitions etc. are Realm succession, they apply to your whole realm and all titles.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 4, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

People talking about african sorority thunderdome haven't experienced.

African GENIUS sorority thunderdome.

I started an ironman run with Daurama. In my previous non ironman experiences the starting rival (who has great intrigue) murders you fast. so I uh... killed husband snake slayer since I had decent odds on him. I remarried to a nice genius fellow and heirs, so many heirs, everywhere. Almost all of them got genius as well

Which by the way there is a dynastic upgrade decision if you can get someone as dynastic head who is a Genius/Beauty/Herc(amazon) who has at least 1 positive level of the other two traits and no negatives. So I have made that my goal for the future.

However without being murdered early it turns out having GREAT diplomacy and then going seduction focus lets you blob fairly nice and sets for an easy reformation of the Bori faith.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Can someone help me understand why my vassal King who isn't even in the crusade wins the crusade and suddenly becomes independent? I have ten times the contribution of everyone else and I don't understand why that rear end in a top hat should become independent when he's my drat vassal. Is there any way I can tell the Pope to gently caress off?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Dwesa posted:

Yes, Elective is Title succession, it only applies to specific titles, while partitions etc. are Realm succession, they apply to your whole realm and all titles.

In that case, what is the point of changing the kingdom title to elective? Even in partition, the primary one should still go to your primary heir; in fact, it's worse to change it to elective as you then run the risk of being outvoted. What am I missing?

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Sankis posted:

There's a bug with levy replenishment I think, if you raise all then disband again you'll start replenishing

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
gently caress sake just lost a war because I didn't notice that the enemy's tiny army was sieging my capital

can someone who knows how to mod please mod the AI to defend the war goal instead of immediately sailing to my capital

and mod in a notification for when your capital is under siege

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Not the Messiah posted:

There's a bug with levy replenishment I think, if you raise all then disband again you'll start replenishing

One thing I noticed is that unlike CK2, your levies can replenish in the field as long as you are in your own territory. Outside, the replenish rate drops to 0.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

canepazzo posted:

In that case, what is the point of changing the kingdom title to elective? Even in partition, the primary one should still go to your primary heir; in fact, it's worse to change it to elective as you then run the risk of being outvoted. What am I missing?

You can add elective to your duchies as well and then your heir inherits the entire duchy. Costs 1500 prestige and you can do it without getting the decision to add it to your kingdom. I think the point of elective kingdoms is for swapping heirs but I could be missing something about inheritance.

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Sep 4, 2020

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

canepazzo posted:

It has its pros and cons - its useful for smaller kingdoms or for situations in which you have strong ties and relations across all your vassals. It stops the break up of your duchy/kingdom meaning less warring to try put things back together. It's good for diplomatic focused games and it allows you to vote in a better son/daughter if your eldest is a complete dolt. Its disadvantage is that you have to work to get elected, and obviously if you're not elected, then you'll have to work or war to get back in.

Primogeniture is a most secure approach, but prone to infighting and again, if your eldest is a dolt, you're going to have to start stabbing to fix that, which in the case of CK3 now might not match the traits of your current player.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Communist Bear posted:

if your eldest is a dolt, you're going to have to start stabbing to fix that, which in the case of CK3 now might not match the traits of your current player.
afaik, you can just disinherit them in CK3.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Megasabin posted:

Has anyone in this thread experienced frequent crashing? I can't play for more than 10 minutes before I see my other monitors flicker and turn light gray and then the game crashes. Still happens even if I disable my other monitors and play on a single one. My system is easily powerful enough to play the game.

I haven't had a single crash, but I have noticed that the game draws power like nobody's business: I had to rearrange what was on battery backup for my UPS, because otherwise a few minutes of playing CK3 would cause the UPS to alert for overdraw.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ah, yes, of course

game's great, though. after getting tired of tutorial ireland I decided to play as a French count to try and learn how playing as a vassal is like, and found it a much more chill time. then i assassinated my way into being a duke, and king phillip made me his spymaster, so that's fun. i guess everyone's terrified of me now. the only problem is my dude is both callous and forgiving, so no matter what he decides to do he has a minor stress aneurysm about it :argh: but it's been nothing a trip to the gay brothel couldn't fix, so far

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Been loving around in Ireland and for some reason Connach just deletes any attempt to invade. I outnumber them three to one at least and five to one on the most recent, have roughly even relevant stats and it doesn't seem to be the terrain cause it happens regardless of where i fight their army. I've got the rest of the county but every time I send an army west it just meets the Connach force and goes 2500 v 700 to 0 v 650.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 4, 2020

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
is it possible to expand the diplo actions menu? having to click 'show more' everything gets annoying after a while. much preferred ck2's scrollbar

MonikaTSarn
May 23, 2005

canepazzo posted:

It's great if you have TWO or more kingdoms, but no Empire on top of them yet. Then the prestige is worth it to keep both kingdoms on one heir, and you automatically rule over all the duchies in the kingdoms.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Charlz Guybon posted:

So, if William wins does he leave the two northernmost Dukes in power as he did historically until he caught them plotting rebellion, or does he do a clean sweep and replace everyone?

I mean, I can play as one of those dukes and simply help Harold win the wars against the invaders if I have to, but I really liked the long game of warring and plotting against Norman vassals until I was strong enough to overthrow the King. It was a race against time, because if one province went English before I did so it was really hard to stamp out that culture and stop it from spreading.

AI William won in my current game and it looks like the north is kept in Anglo-Saxon hands, yeah.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Been loving around in Ireland and for some reason Connach just deletes any attempt to invade. I outnumber them three to one at least and five to one on the most recent, have roughly even relevant stats and it doesn't seem to be the terrain cause it happens regardless of where i fight their army. I've got the rest of the county but every time I send an army west it just meets the Connach force and goes 2500 v 700 to 0 v 650.

Maybe they got men at arms?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

fuf posted:

This is definitely not the case, trebuchets add 1 progress/day per level of retinue.

canepazzo posted:

One thing I noticed is that unlike CK2, your levies can replenish in the field as long as you are in your own territory. Outside, the replenish rate drops to 0.

As long as you're in any friendly/captured territory where the resupply limit is above your current present army size, levies/MAA will replenish while there.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 4, 2020

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Sekenr posted:

Maybe they got men at arms?

Could also be they have a bunch of murder knights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

someone awful. posted:

game's great, though. after getting tired of tutorial ireland I decided to play as a French count to try and learn how playing as a vassal is like, and found it a much more chill time. then i assassinated my way into being a duke, and king phillip made me his spymaster, so that's fun. i guess everyone's terrified of me now. the only problem is my dude is both callous and forgiving, so no matter what he decides to do he has a minor stress aneurysm about it :argh: but it's been nothing a trip to the gay brothel couldn't fix, so far

So I’m a huge noob and have never done much with the intrigue plots except to kill an occasional older heir. But roughly how did you go about killing to make yourself a duke, did you have to marry your children to the dukes children, then stabby stabby and get your son to inherit a dukes titles?

I’ll be firing up a game like this later today and can probably figure it out on my own, but I’m just curious the basics