Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Was the Mario Kart Home Tour an actual announcement? Because they had those toys out at Bic Camera for a bit now and I can't fathom who wants that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Was the Mario Kart Home Tour an actual announcement? Because they had those toys out at Bic Camera for a bit now and I can't fathom who wants that
thats a different thing i think, this one that runs off a switch app is new maybe??

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

drat, for anyone who was interested in Nexomon, they patched the game twice since launch. Aside from some nice balance changes, they also added in Running Shoes that let you run way faster and also an item that guarantees you can run away from fights called...Running Shoes...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a good commercial but in actual practice in my house i think it would suck

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the new nintendo game and watch handheld that doesnt even have the game and watch gallery games on it, shameful

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i couldn't get over that the game and watch looked like it had v-sync issues

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OESf8hkk19c

it also kind of looks fuzzy but i was chalking that up to bad video re-sizing but maybe it looks that bad in play too. The clock function featuring SMW yoshi sprites with SMB mario on SMB mario tilesets also seems somehow cheap or ROM hacky.

Releasing it with just the G&W version of "ball" but with mario head likewise feels like a lazy romhack move. They've literally already been through this before, re-releasing their nostalgic G&W poo poo and it was better than this effort by far. At bare minimum, this thing should've had the crappy old school G&W crap library. Would be an okay product if it just contained the G&W Gallery series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkwqa6ZV0I

footage of luigi beating the poo poo out of waluigi, a big worm, and a ghost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H51Skz1c2U&t=8049s

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 4, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bowsette Sunshine when

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Uh if shredded chicken is gone wtf do you get in a quesadilla?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

There’s no good excuse for not releasing every game and watch game on a single handheld. Game and watch classic, it advertises itself.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

al-azad posted:

Uh if shredded chicken is gone wtf do you get in a quesadilla?

Is Taco Bell shredded chicken different from their regular chicken? It's in such small chunks I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference

e: more food chat
back in March I uh, invested in some instant ramen during the big panic. The store was completely out of chicken flavor, so I got pork instead, having never tried it. Decided to try making one of them just now and gotta say, they do not taste significantly different from the other flavor

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 4, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I ran out of instant ramen so I finally made my own broth. Went with a basic soy sauce - mirin - dashi base to start off with, enriched by slow cooking a chicken thigh and onions in it. I also marinated an egg in the liquid beforehand.

But then my housemate went on a food run so I'm eating pastrami and fries instead right now and that will be for tomorrow

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I tried to make my own ramen once but I made the error of going with pre-made broth which wasn't very good at all. I think I'm slowly returning to my cooking game, though. I live in a very small town with very few food options and I'm finally hitting the point in my life where I'm totally disinterested in fast food, even the more tolerable ones like Wendys. Chipotle is the only place I'll still go to, unless I'm on lunch break at work and I want like a one dollar burger and I need it in ten minutes.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

On the topic of broth, tonight i made Zuppa Toscano (sp?) And the soup is so delicious. Its like chicken broth, water and half and half (or cream if you want it to be really good) all infused w the onions, garlic, paprika and italian sausage you cook in it.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

untzthatshit posted:

On the topic of broth, tonight i made Zuppa Toscano (sp?) And the soup is so delicious. Its like chicken broth, water and half and half (or cream if you want it to be really good) all infused w the onions, garlic, paprika and italian sausage you cook in it.

Where's the kale at?

Different topic: Why the gently caress does the Mario Sunshine logo look like the designer completely forgot to put the "I"s in the logo and squeezed them in at the last moment?

BadAsp
Oct 28, 2016

*WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES*

Fartington Butts posted:

Where's the kale at?

Different topic: Why the gently caress does the Mario Sunshine logo look like the designer completely forgot to put the "I"s in the logo and squeezed them in at the last moment?

Yeah, like it's that hard to put in something that's a single line!

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Got my hands on the new Tony Hawk game and it owns so far.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

At least we know Taco Bell will be the sole survivor of the Franchise Wars

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you cant cut back on mexican pizzas, youll regret this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm still in a dream

Snack Eater

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Resident Evil 7 is now on Gamepass. I'm looking forward to playing it for a few hours and then uninstalling, instead of maybe playing it to completion had I decided to buy it with real money.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s such a missed opportunity to not release the VR version of RE7 on PC. The PSVR exclusivity was just for a year I heard.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RE7 is very good (The DLC is good too but idk if game pass gives you that and I guess it'd feel weird buying DLC for a game you don't own)

I don't know why they brought Ethan back for RE8 though he's so boring

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is the same series that kept bringing back Chris Redfield, after all.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ethan is very deadpan and is a good comedic straight man. His shocked and exasperated “why” in the RE8 trailer was really funny to me.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

This is the same series that kept bringing back Chris Redfield, after all.

Well, somebody called Chris Redfield. He seems to look completely different every time.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Beat Mega Man X for the first time yesterday! That game was really fun and has dated very well, except for having to always do Chill Penguin's stage first to get the dash upgrade. I used a boss order guide though as I don't have as much gaming time these days. I also got all the upgrades which was fun. No idea how you'd find some of them without a guide though, especially the buster upgrade.

Are the rest of them worth playing? I have the GameCube collection as the Steam versions seem to run like poo poo.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly I've had a bunch of fun with all of them up through X5. After that the quality starts to get...questionable.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XnKNOyCFlE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Get up the Duff

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Convex posted:

Beat Mega Man X for the first time yesterday! That game was really fun and has dated very well, except for having to always do Chill Penguin's stage first to get the dash upgrade. I used a boss order guide though as I don't have as much gaming time these days. I also got all the upgrades which was fun. No idea how you'd find some of them without a guide though, especially the buster upgrade.

Are the rest of them worth playing? I have the GameCube collection as the Steam versions seem to run like poo poo.

MMX is a nearly perfect game. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

https://thewitcher.com/en/news/32792/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-coming-to-the-next-generation

quote:

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing, HDR and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game.

Enhanced version of Witcher 3 Complete scheduled for a 2021 release on PC/PS5/XSX. I would definitely do another playthrough of Witcher 3 just to see it with raytracing and HDR on PC.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Assuming saves carry over I'll definitely install that and finish my years old B&W playthrough with ray tracing.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Video games are my only release in the horrible last two years, I'm glad I have something I can throw myself into so I don't just wallow in my own head with negative thoughts. Sic semper games.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

X2 and X3 are sufficiently good but not quite as tightly designed as X1 l, I hear X4 is good as well, buy I haven't played it. Other than that, no. Nothing anyone has said about how bad X7 is is an exaggeration.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Parker Lewis posted:

https://thewitcher.com/en/news/32792/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-coming-to-the-next-generation

Enhanced version of Witcher 3 Complete scheduled for a 2021 release on PC/PS5/XSX. I would definitely do another playthrough of Witcher 3 just to see it with raytracing and HDR on PC.

Hey, you're finally awake

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The X series is basically a straight linear decline to X6 and X7 which are both equally vile games but for different reasons. X8 is an uptick in quality but still bad.

Heres hoping X9 will reboot the franchise with quality, someday

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Some Goon posted:

X2 and X3 are sufficiently good but not quite as tightly designed as X1 l, I hear X4 is good as well, buy I haven't played it. Other than that, no. Nothing anyone has said about how bad X7 is is an exaggeration.

Cool, I'll keep on with the GC collection then as that covers up to X6. It's weird how much better the early sprite based ones look than the later PS2 ones!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if there'll be next gen ports of any games that already released a definitive edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

X3 is better than X2