Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

Matt reinvented himself like a dozen times and only one of them didn't suck, let's not get too crazy.

I will not accept this slander against Matt Hardy v1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People don't want to admit that Broken Matt has been kinda lovely for years now

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Benne posted:

People don't want to admit that Broken Matt has been kinda lovely for years now

If he loses to Sammy on Saturday, the ending will redeem the story.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cartoon Network Latin America announced a Rey Mysterio cartoon https://luchacentral.com/cartoon-network-latin-america-announces-original-production-agreement-with-rey-mysterio-along-with-viva-calavera/

quote:

Rey Mysterio will tell the story of one of the most iconic luchadors, a figure admired by all and star of the ring, but he will also delve into a great secret: unimaginable forces threaten our world and he will be a fundamental part of that fight. When their number one fan discovers this secret, together they will immerse themselves in a world where the excitement and adrenaline of wrestling coexists with mystery, mythology, history, magic and supernatural beings.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Cartoon Network Latin America announced a Rey Mysterio cartoon https://luchacentral.com/cartoon-network-latin-america-announces-original-production-agreement-with-rey-mysterio-along-with-viva-calavera/

quote:

Rey Mysterio will tell the story of one of the most iconic luchadors, a figure admired by all and star of the ring, but he will also delve into a great secret: unimaginable forces threaten our world and he will be a fundamental part of that fight. When their number one fan discovers this secret, together they will immerse themselves in a world where the excitement and adrenaline of wrestling coexists with mystery, mythology, history, magic and supernatural beings.

Finally, another season of Lucha Underground

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Everyone should watch DaParty play Monopoly if only for Claudio getting incredibly pissed in the first 15 minutes of play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JPHtuzeHo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Well yeah, its a game meant to criticise capitalism. Of course Claudio would be offended.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cole is such a lovable geek in the first few minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna be even more ghoulish when we see months added onto the contract of talent that stayed home cause of Covid

this is in fact happening

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

This sounds like Rey is going to become part of Qanon.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1301979700676435969?s=21

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
How did the WWE manage to screw up those two dudes so badly?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

:psyduck:

I mean, :psyduck: to everything that was done with them after they got called up, but releasing guys like them without at least breaking them up first and having one or both have a dancing gimmick and a million matches against Dolph Ziggler is extremely uncharacteristic for WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

AOPeePee

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

skaboomizzy posted:

Well, they're a tag team

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

is it another purge day or was this brewing for a while?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol I remember when they took Paul Ellering away from them and knew right there their goose was cooked.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Grendels Dad posted:

:psyduck:

I mean, :psyduck: to everything that was done with them after they got called up, but releasing guys like them without at least breaking them up first and having one or both have a dancing gimmick and a million matches against Dolph Ziggler is extremely uncharacteristic for WWE.

Easier to just release them. Akams rezar

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just tried to think of all the WWE men's tag teams I could remember and all I came up with was New Day and the Usos

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rezar is free! He's the coolest.

Nobody cares about Akam

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

skaboomizzy posted:

WWE has perfected the formula for loving up talent that you'd expect to be un-fuckupable.

They turned goddamn Shinsuke Nakamura into a joke for gently caress's sake.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

projecthalaxy posted:

Rezar is free! He's the coolest.

Nobody cares about Akam

honest to god i didnt know there was a good one and a meh one

i remember them being a really menacing hoss force team so long as the match was relatively controlled and was booked around their weaknesses. so its no wonder they didnt work out in wwe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

skaboomizzy posted:

They made them talk.

Isn't one of them still injured as well?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Also, and I'm pretty sure this at least factored into the decision somewhat, their gear kinda looks like SHIELD/Roman gear. Can't have too many guys wearing tactical poo poo, it will make people like Roman less.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

People say that Vince is stuck in the past.

Akam and Rezar are proof that's wrong. With the tag division WWE has, the old Vince would have seen two guys who look like Akam and Rezar, salivated onto his steak wrap, and made them the top guys in the division day loving one.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Like how long do they even keep the New Day together at this point? I know they all said they'd all bail if they got split up but who do they even have to face as a team anymore? Will be pretty interesting to see UUDD basically become a time capsule once Woods leaves. Either that or they try to hand it off to some WWE producer and it instantly goes to poo poo.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

explosivo posted:

Like how long do they even keep the New Day together at this point? I know they all said they'd all bail if they got split up but who do they even have to face as a team anymore? Will be pretty interesting to see UUDD basically become a time capsule once Woods leaves. Either that or they try to hand it off to some WWE producer and it instantly goes to poo poo.

aren't Adam Cole and Tyler Breeze also doing a lot of content for it? I unfollowed it when I figured out it's still a WWE property

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smikey posted:

aren't Adam Cole and Tyler Breeze also doing a lot of content for it? I unfollowed it when I figured out it's still a WWE property

Yeah they are but I feel like Austin still runs the show. You're right though, hey could probably hand it off to one of those dudes and it'll be acceptable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought Xavier had worked a lot to keep UUDD free from WWE's hands so he could maintain it as a business if he ever left the company?

Akam and Rezar will probably do really well in Japan once the pandemic lifts. They've got the big beefy look that promotions over their love. Like, NJPW still hasn't found anyone to replace KES.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AoP had so much potential in NXT. Then they get screwed coming up to the main roster.

I see a trend.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

So how many dudes under 30 does WWE have now lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"These guys are cool there's no way the main roster fucks them up"

*main roster fucks them up*

"Ah, well, nevertheless"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Meanwhile, here's this absolute bullshit https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2..._medium=twitter

quote:

Vince McMahon issued an edict this past week that talent can no longer "engage with outside third parties," which would presumably include platforms like Cameo and Twitch.

McMahon held a call with talent last Sunday regarding the reinvention of the product. During the call, McMahon said that WWE owns the real names of talent, not just their character names.

McMahon followed up the call by sending a letter on Thursday. McMahon wrote that it was imperative that they promote and protect the brand in every conceivable way, and that talent have 30 days to stop engaging with third parties.

"Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company," McMahon wrote. "It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension, or termination at WWE's discretion."

McMahon wrote that the these actions are necessary as part of WWE's rebuilding process as they "enter the next phase of growth at WWE."

It will be interesting to see if this is legal in any way. WWE wrestlers are classified as independent contractors, which has been heavily criticized in the past by shows like HBO's Last Week Tonight.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow so uh that'll be another great morale booster I'm sure. I was just thinking the other night about how you never see WWE talent hanging out outside of taping like you do with a lot of AEW talent (Dark Order at Cracker Barrel) but then remembered that Breeze/Woods/Cesaro/Cole/etc all have really fun streams together where they're relaxed and shooting the poo poo and genuinely seem like good friends. Can't have none of that!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Love to treat my independent contractors like employees.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol how dare talent make money beyond their WWE contract

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That would be such bullshit if they try and enforce that. Some talent would probably be better off just getting fired and streaming on Twitch or Youtube.

Also you'd think just about any woman on the roster who also streams would laugh, because AEW would snap them up in a second. And as I look right now, Dakota is still streaming.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fightful is confirming this is true.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ah, the classic independent contractor clause of gently caress you we own you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN