Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I only stopped playing CK3 because the game crashed lol and then I realized I was hungry.

I am gonna make the ramen I was planning to eat yesterday. This will also clear out the fridge for some batches of pizza dough.

I tasted the shoyu-based broth before I put it away and it was pretty good. I am so used to spicy ramen though that I am tempted to just blast it with gochugaru, gochujang, and sriracha-infused pepper flakes. In the fridge it still moves like a liquid rather than a jelly so maybe I need to make it even fattier lol

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

FirstAidKite posted:

too much pesto

this isnt a real thing, Kite, I'm afraid you've posted cringe

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay Paradise Killer update

Game is neat. The writing is like a combination of Disco Elysium where everything is some sort of existential abstraction and Barkley 2 where every sentence introduces two new proper nouns that are completely ridiculous like Blood Extinction or Oath of the Forsaken or Torture Meridian. The exploration is half really neat and half completely anxiety inducing and frustrating because every item on the map is either some useless flavor text trinket that will give you a varying level of interesting lore (sometimes you'll find the remnants of a secret vampire attack, other times it'll be dominos), or it will be a very important piece of evidence. I've collected two power ups so far, one that shows me where these items are located, and a double jump, which gets to the fact that the game is also partially a platformer and has you going from rooftop to rooftop looking for gems and convos with demons.

The game's got a like...demon vaporwave futurefunk vibe to it which is cool but can very quickly turn into just background noise as you're scouring for whatever collectable poo poo you can find. Items in the world emit noise, which is how you can easily identify if something is nearby. The actual investigative parts of the game are fun to engage with and the more carefully crafted setpieces where you have to investigate crime scenes are cool.

I think my final take on the game is gonna depend on how the whole mystery works out. I haven't even talked to uh...like the three most important people on the island (the accused killer, the island president, and the prison guard) but I've already got an awful lot of evidence and honestly I really hope I don't know where this is going because if I do I'll be disappointed. Phoenix Wright has a great way of making interesting trial sequences where you have all the evidence going in, after all. It's just that, I'm sitting on some pretty heavy stuff and when confronted the person just totally blows it off and says "no idea!!!!! haha." On that front, I'm not even totally sure how much longer the game is? I guess I need enough to where I'm sure beyond a doubt, but I'm not sure what the difference will be between me being sure and the game being sure, because I'm pretty sure now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

this isnt a real thing, Kite, I'm afraid you've posted cringe

I think it overwhelmed the main sauce and I could have done with like a spoonful less than I used

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Brothmakers: I've just been tossing bones, both raw and cooked, into a container in the freezer (it's been piling up for maybe the past month or so?) Is that safe to work with?

I'm planning on doing a stovetop boil, skimming off the scum, then doing another couple hours in the instant pot.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

okay my hunch was partially right but just in the last 20 mins or so there's been a lot of plot stuff and now I'm going with my secondary, much more interesting hunch

also if you were to ask me what open-world game the exploration most reminded me of here my asnwer would be Lego Island

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 4, 2020

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

FirstAidKite posted:

I made red lentil pasta for dinner.

I just discovered this myself recently and it's excellent. However I also stand by there being no such thing as too much pesto and so the rest of your original post is invalid.

(We've been making all kinds of lentil dishes lately. Curries of all stripes and various fresh flatbreads to go alongside it, sometimes with nice cranberry added into the dough for the occasional treat in a bite. God, it's good.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I should clarify that everything was store bought, the noodles, the sauce, and the pesto, and it was red pesto, not green pesto.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

presto, its pesto

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i thought it was kirby this whole time, my life is a lie

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Big fan of Edgeworth's pesto theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pucxhTspFrQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FanbyteMedia/status/1302022112102801419?s=20

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to fire all your employees who can now dish about you with no fear of repercussion or being blacklisted because you're already on the industry poo poo list.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That whole GPU analogy is the most convoluted nonsense I've ever read.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Brothmakers: I've just been tossing bones, both raw and cooked, into a container in the freezer (it's been piling up for maybe the past month or so?) Is that safe to work with?

I'm planning on doing a stovetop boil, skimming off the scum, then doing another couple hours in the instant pot.

Yeah, theoretically you can freeze meat forever.

Although I would suggest roasting the bones first, like 450 for 30 minutes or so. Give deeper flavor and nullifies that off freezer taste.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Feel like people kept defending MikeZ for a while, even as everyone who met him seemed to hate him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/segadriven/status/1302021892241530886

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

More non game chapters can only help the series

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I love that there's two possibilities for this

1) the anime ends with nothing at all having changed, still chasing after Lan Di but failing to stop him after all these years

2) after 20 years, they finally get to make a 3rd Shenmue, but then end up resolving the story in a spinoff anime series instead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm incredibly in love with how it looks like an anime that was made in 2003 or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I love that there's two possibilities for this

1) the anime ends with nothing at all having changed, still chasing after Lan Di but failing to stop him after all these years

2) after 20 years, they finally get to make a 3rd Shenmue, but then end up resolving the story in a spinoff anime series instead

The first possibility, is that how the 3rd game ends? I completely forgot that game even happened. After years of people wanting it, the 3rd game released to almost zero fanfare and no one cared.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

The first possibility, is that how the 3rd game ends? I completely forgot that game even happened. After years of people wanting it, the 3rd game released to almost zero fanfare and no one cared.

Yeah, they finally got a kickstartered sequel after 20 years and the creator decided not to end the story but instead cliffhanger it AGAIN with a 'next time in Shenmue 4 you'll finally get your revenge!'

Like holy poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its arguably worse than that because the entire quest is two areas where you master the same move (there is absolutely no other narrative to speak of) leading you to think "ok, this move is important" but then you finally meet Lan Di at the end and he chumps you and leaves so everything you did was a waste if time.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

i love shenmue, its easily among my favorite games. shenmue 3 is absolutely not what anyone was waiting for, gently caress all happens in it and it barely addresses the incredible ending of 2 at all. people say its not possible to make a sequel to shenmue in 2020 and i don't buy that at all for several reasons, but shenmue 3 is totally not how you do it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im going to say it isnt possible to make a sequel to shenmue in 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

2021 or later? maybe sure

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I haven’t had Red Lentil noodles, but using them to make burger patties rules with the right spices, highly recommend.

I’ve successfully 100% both THPS1 and THPS2 on the remaster. The hundreds of hours spent playing as a kid all came back to me like it happened last year. I’m not really a nostalgic person, but drat did this game put me right back in my parents basement.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

From the Shenmue anime announcement:

quote:

The third Crunchyroll and Adult Swim collaboration, based on the classic SEGA Dreamcast game series, will be a 13 episode series with animation production from Telecom Animation Film (Tower of God, Lupin the Third: Part 5), directed by Chikara Sakurai (Magimoji Rurumo, One-Punch Man Season 2). Shenmue creator and game designer Yu Suzuki will act as Executive Producer for the project. Further details will be released at a later date.

Telecom Animation Film (TMS) is Sega's own animation studio.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

im going to say it isnt possible to make a sequel to shenmue in 2020
wrong. its 2020 and heres my sequel to shenmue, https://snail.moe/shenmue4.exe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

Yeah, theoretically you can freeze meat forever.

Although I would suggest roasting the bones first, like 450 for 30 minutes or so. Give deeper flavor and nullifies that off freezer taste.

Oh that sounds good! I didn't do it this time around but I will keep that in mind for later.

I ended up with three servings' worth of broth. I did end up making it spicy, once I remembered that I need to salt things more than I normally think, it turned out pretty good -- a subtler heat with a bit of tang to it, not overloading like the chicken bomb

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Everyone is probably focused on CK3 or Wasteland 3 on Gamepass, maybe RE7 because it is now on there...

But there's also a game called Touhou Luna Nights?

sv, octg

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone is probably focused on CK3 or Wasteland 3 on Gamepass, maybe RE7 because it is now on there...

But there's also a game called Touhou Luna Nights?

sv, octg

I saw it, I just chose not to install it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Touhou Luna Nights is for me, the person who Resident Evil 7 derailed all interest in the franchise but will play any metroidvania unquestioningly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

watching some of the videos on Shenmue 3 are loving mindblowing. The entire loop of needing to buy pork buns and wine and play loving gambling games to make progress is INSANE.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DLC Inc posted:

watching some of the videos on Shenmue 3 are loving mindblowing. The entire loop of needing to buy pork buns and wine and play loving gambling games to make progress is INSANE.

That's halfway to a sleeping dogs 2

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay Paradise Killer review. Took me 11 hours to beat it.

I don't think the open-world components actually help or contribute to the mystery solving. You know how sometimes games like LA Noire or Phoenix Wright can get kind of pixel-hunt-ey? Now imagine that but in a big open world. I was honestly lucky to come across certain things when I did, and it was good that I decided to be thorough. Once you get towards the endgame and you're following up on a small number of leads, it can feel loving impossible to find exactly the one item you need or the one specific place you need to be. And, honestly, a HUGE portion of the world is filled with collectables but nothing else.

The mystery also starts to kind of uh, lose interest once you hit the point of having what is essentially a confession from each person, but still need to go evidence gathering. In terms of the actual mystery content, it's about the length and complexity of one of the longer Phoenix Wright case, just padded out because of the open world puzzle-solving requirements. The attempt at a "twist" the game pulls is also kind of meh and honestly detracts from the story. The one courtroom sequence doesn't capture the spirit of any of the other games in the genre because you know exactly what's going to happen going into it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Tony Hawk remaster is really good except it really, really wants to read me as ending my combo a half second after I actually did

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 5, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Touhou Luna Nights refers to "retries" as "retlies" and I don't know if Im missing some esoteric in-joke or what.

Game is good so far and now Im very interested in future Ladybug titles

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RBA Starblade posted:

The Tony Hawk remaster is really good except it really, really wants to read me as ending my combo a half second after I actually did

The framerate chugs deeply anytime you're in the shop, too. Other than that, it's really good and it's amazing how long muscle memory lasts.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Its at least faithful to Shenmue 1 and 2 in that regard

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah I'm enjoying THPS remakes a lot. The character creator leaves much to be desired, but that's a minor complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shenmue 3 is just as bad as Shenmue 1 and 2.

just like it should be