Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1302097696795365376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

IS IT? CAN IT BE? IT IS! ITS ANDREW YANG’S MUSIC

BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON?! :tinfoil:

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Endless Mike posted:

BAH GAWD THAT'S ANDREW WANG YANG'S MUSIC!!! :bahgawd:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

loving hell that's a shot fired from Woods

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’m gonna have to sue someone tonight 🎶

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

WWE gonna get taken down by the 1-2 punch of money marks Tony Khan and Andrew Yang.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WWF considered Scott Hall's accent, hair, and toothpick part of Razor Ramon's likeness when they sued WCW.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Endless Mike posted:

Well, not pro ones, anyway.

Anyway, imagine if Disney said Chris Evans couldn't do Cameos as Chris Evans because he played Captain America.

Chris Evans has a union (granted, that union just hosed its members on their health care)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I went to reddit and saw the thread "Vince McMahon officially bans all WWE talent from associating themselves with 3rd Parties (Twitch, Cameo). Talents given 30 days to comply."

I thought "well maybe it's because I browse Squared circle occasionally" that it was on the front page, so I loaded up my VPN and I switched between 4 different servers in four different countries.

WWE's awful treatment of their wrestlers is trending internationally on reddit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MassRafTer posted:

In case anyone believes it is because of AJ or any other particular problematic comment:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1302025686455062528

Weren't WWE trying to recreate the Meet and Greet packages by selling 2 minute zoom calls for an insane amount of money as part of Summer Slam?

It's not just income though, it's probably like the one fun thing these wrestlers do where they get to interact with fans and just be themselves. I'm sure some people would even be against the ban if WWE threw another $100,000 at them to make up for the lost income. They're already grossly underpaid for what they do, now they're trying to take away extra income and joy from these people

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Liquid Communism posted:

The only reason they haven't broken up New Day yet is Woods (and now Kofi) being out for long term injury recouperation.

If they were all healthy, they'd have tried to pull the trigger by July.

The three of them said if Vince breaks up the new day they walk. And they are huge moneymakers for WWE as a group too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

Weren't WWE trying to recreate the Meet and Greet packages by selling 2 minute zoom calls for an insane amount of money as part of Summer Slam?

It's not just income though, it's probably like the one fun thing these wrestlers do where they get to interact with fans and just be themselves. I'm sure some people would even be against the ban if WWE threw another $100,000 at them to make up for the lost income. They're already grossly underpaid for what they do, now they're trying to take away extra income and joy from these people

Yes they did virtual meet and greets for Summerslam.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Astro7x posted:

I'm waiting for the hot take that Brandy's Heel's also charges for a similar service while ignoring that AEW doesn't loving care what people do in their free time

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1302099041166274561

Bix, Andrew Yang & Marty McFly's mom are gonna save wrestling together.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It was $125 fora 2 minute video chat.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Andrew Yang is a complete idiot at best and a malicious piece of poo poo at worst, but when he's right he's right. Not that the Democrats would actually stand up for workers' rights, but still.

Besides that, having Jey Uso go up against Roman is at least some kind of storytelling, so at least for me it clears the exceedingly low bar that WWE has set.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Bix, Andrew Yang & Marty McFly's mom are gonna save wrestling together.
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1150120053947412480?lang=en

Unionize

Cerebral Bore posted:

Andrew Yang is a complete idiot at best and a malicious piece of poo poo at worst, but when he's right he's right. Not that the Democrats would actually stand up for workers' rights, but still.
I don't know anything about Yang besides him fighting for Universal Basic Income, what's he doing poorly?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The last time I spent any money on WWE related stuff was day one of Big E’s Cameo and it was a steal at 75 bucks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have a feeling WWE management had no clue just how much money talent was making on these outside gigs and figured they wouldn't put up much of a fight about it. Can Vince McMahon comprehend that Paige is making 500K per year on Twitch? They probably look at the relative pittance the company gets from youtube and figured they could easily move in on whatever talent are making and get their cut too.

Now they are probably realizing they stepped on a hornet's nest (and I'm sure they want those big bucks even more than before) and are trying to figure out what to do next.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know anything about Yang besides him fighting for Universal Basic Income, what's he doing poorly?

His UBI idea was absolute dogshit that would have included abolishing basically every other aspect of the social safety net and as such would have hosed over the poor even more than the current system.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

it'd be amazing if they caved on this and moved NXT to Tuesday as it'd be the biggest capitulations the company has done in years. And if they don't it could end up even worse for the company

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHAT'S ANDREW YANG DOING IN THE JUDICIAL ZONE?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

His UBI idea was absolute dogshit that would have included abolishing basically every other aspect of the social safety net and as such would have hosed over the poor even more than the current system.

Yup.

That UBI plan was one of the worst thought-out policies I’ve ever seen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Yang sucks and I doubt he'd get Labor (if he gets any cabinet position) but someone like Yang is online enough that he might actually want to go after WWE. More importantly enough wrestling is enough of a joke that the administration wouldn't care if he does. The same way wrestling has always skated on abuses because it's wrestling and no one cares might work in reverse because it's an easy target for the administration to look "progressive" on.

So it won't happen but I'm hoping for the first meme pro labor action by the US government.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Britt Baker's boyfriend's girlfriend is dunking on the competition!

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1302105295112593408

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rarity posted:

Coward Cole is afraid of calling out Vince because he'd have to go to AEW and go nose to nose with Riho

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Board of Directors should remove Vince as CEO.

And replace him.

With....

THIS MAN.

Give F. Murray Abraham the book, is I guess what i’m saying.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

RealFoxy posted:

Coward Cole is afraid of calling out Vince because he'd have to go to AEW and go nose to nose with Riho

Bruh....

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

This is the 3rd time that Bray has lost a world title and not gotten a rematch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Bruh....
Yeah kinda fucks me up too that Riho has been wrestling since 2006 and is Cole's senior

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rarity posted:

You missed the best bit!

https://twitter.com/AdamColePro/status/1302105758696341504?s=19

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

First, I thought the "WWE doesn't own wrestlers real names" thing has already been proven in law. Warrior warrior changed his name legally to Warrior Warrior so that he could keep using it in WCW. Also Test changed his name legally to Andrew Test Martin, so WWE couldn't stop him from performing as Test. So unless they have re-worded their contracts since then, (which it looks like they might have), there is precedent that people can use their own names to do what the gently caress they like with them.

And also, amongst the hosed up things WWE has done in the past day, why is nobody talking about how they broke up Bayley and Sasha? At least they kept Bayley heel, so she can continue to be adorable and trash talk. But BOO to them for breaking up two friends.

Going back to the twitch stuff: I don't think it is about the money. It's about control. It's about "I OWN you!!!!", and "You will only do what I tell you to do. No more, and no less."

Edit: On the control thing, I also think it is about trying to strip wrestlers of their own identity, and opportunity to be themselves, and replacing that with a WWE approved and vetted identity where they can recite the catchphrase that somebody else wrote for them/the company..

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 5, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BrigadierSensible posted:

First, I thought the "WWE doesn't own wrestlers real names" thing has already been proven in law. Warrior warrior changed his name legally to Warrior Warrior so that he could keep using it in WCW. Also Test changed his name legally to Andrew Test Martin, so WWE couldn't stop him from performing as Test. So unless they have re-worded their contracts since then, (which it looks like they might have), there is precedent that people can use their own names to do what the gently caress they like with them.

Those were both cases where the wrestler was no longer under contract

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

And also, amongst the hosed up things WWE has done in the past day, why is nobody talking about how they broke up Bayley and Sasha? At least they kept Bayley heel, so she can continue to be adorable and trash talk. But BOO to them for breaking up two friends.

WWE gonna WWE.

Also I kinda glossed over the summary, but your post prompted me to go back and read it over more thoroughly and are my eyes deceiving me or did a two-hour wrestling show literally only have three actual wrestling matches on it?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They've been building to this for months, this is the least objectionable thing WWE has done lately

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Intruder posted:

They've been building to this for months, this is the least objectionable thing WWE has done lately

Agreed, like it's genuinely one of the few decent long-term stories they have.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know she's really good at it but it's still loving wild to me that we're doing the Bayley/Sasha feud with Bayley as the heel

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

Besides that, having Jey Uso go up against Roman is at least some kind of storytelling, so at least for me it clears the exceedingly low bar that WWE has set.

Speaking from personal experience, gently caress ANDREW YANG.

But I’m glad he’s using his non wrestling notoriety to take WWE to task here

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 5, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bayley as a heel is Good Actually but I have no desire to see babyface Sasha ever at all, she’s a million times better as a heel. At least in WWE. She’d probably be super cool and charming as a face in a company where she can do her own character stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

Bayley as a heel is Good Actually but I have no desire to see babyface Sasha ever at all, she’s a million times better as a heel

90% of this is cause of the way that Michael Cole says IT'S BOSS TIME