Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Echotic posted:

Just bought this to replace this because 'family friendly'. Came with a few goodies from Japan, namely intake, full exhaust, aftermarket Recaros and upsized front swaybar.

Those things are hilarious because you can drive them flat tack everywhere and they have a tonne of grip and great brakes. My mum had one for more than a decade and because of how used to the Swift she'd got other cars were dicey for her (especially when I leant her my Mazdaspeed 3 which she immediately floored in second gear and just about torque steered off the road)

Interesting definition you have of 'family friendly' though, that car had to go as soon as the grandkids came on the scene (replaced with a much more practical but much less fun Jazz RS)

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Its family friendly in the fact its has 4 doors and was made this millennium. Its really just for me to get to work and back but I can take the little fella places if need be. We had a second gen Fit RS which was replaced with a 2009 Mazda Atenza as the family crap carrier. This thing handles better than the Levin which surprises me. Needs a muffler though. Its straight piped with a resonator.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ziploc posted:

Big foglight gang.

Very nice! I think the blob eye might be my favorite WRX face. I used to have a bug eye (non-sti) and I miss it very badly so I'm super jealous.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

AFewBricksShy posted:

Wouldn't swapping struts be a colossal pain in the rear end to do 2x a year?

I have replaced all 4 struts on a Subaru rally car within a 30-minute service....

goblox
Sep 13, 2012
Fun times at VIR.

Dilophosaurus mode activate!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
TIL the rear clamshell tilts like that, rad.

goblox
Sep 13, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

TIL the rear clamshell tilts like that, rad.
It doesn’t normally, it usually is a pain in the butt to pull off and takes two people. I have a clam hinge kit from BOE Fabrication and it makes my life so much easier.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Drove this thing for the first time in a couple of weeks. It’s been in the garage behind the S2000 since the weather was so nice.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Drove this thing for the first time in a couple of weeks. It’s been in the garage behind the S2000 since the weather was so nice.

Underappreciated car. They really look great. Nice!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

goblox posted:

It doesn’t normally, it usually is a pain in the butt to pull off and takes two people.

Does dropping it total the car?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The new lighting I added in the garage helps a lot with visibility. Really happy with this car, the weight distribution is fantastic.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Proper pics :)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
that splitter is going to absolutely destroy the medieval hedgerow and kill many hedgehogs. unless you go in backwards. good luck OP

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004
Zoinks. Bape—that is beyond awesome. Bravo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

phwoar

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ether Frenzy posted:

that splitter is going to absolutely destroy the medieval hedgerow and kill many hedgehogs. unless you go in backwards. good luck OP

Too mean.

Looks pretty darned okay, Bape.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Owns Bape

dk2m
May 6, 2009

gently caress yeah

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yup. That'll do.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

If all goes according to plan I'll have a different track toy by next weekend and the S2000 will be headed back to a more street friendly form

Miata is always the answer. Ex-S1 SuperMiata. ~2200lb, 220whp flat tune on low boost with the ability to turn it up to somewhere around 350whp on E85. I put a deposit down, heading out to California to pick it up Thursday.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 5, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jesus gently caress

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
lol :same:
thing is sick man

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I traded in my mk2 TTRS for a RS3 this past month. The RS3 is Paint to Sample in British Racing Green, and to my knowledge is either 1:1 in the US or the world. As soon as it showed up from California I immediately put H&R springs and my LM-R's on it, as well as some secondary decat pipes. I have a set of ecode headlights that I intend to put on the car this weekend to remove the amber corners. It's night and day difference compared to the TTRS, couldn't be happier.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 6, 2020

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well i'm pretty fuckin jealous.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

Too mean.

Looks pretty darned okay, Bape.

He knows I'm a fan. looking pretty sharp there.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:dong:

Thing loving RULES.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

GramCracker posted:

I traded in my mk2 TTRS for a RS3 this past month. The RS3 is Paint to Sample in British Racing Green, and to my knowledge is either 1:1 in the US or the world. As soon as it showed up from California I immediately put H&R springs and my LM-R's on it, as well as some secondary decat pipes. I have a set of ecode headlights that I intend to put on the car this weekend to remove the amber corners. It's night and day difference compared to the TTRS, couldn't be happier.

:bisonyes:
Whoooo that's insanely nice. The interior is a perfect compliment to the gorgeous exterior.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Some seriously nice cars been posted in here very recently.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

That is the prettiest car

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Gorgeous color!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah that colour is absolutely sensational mama Mia

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ether Frenzy posted:

He knows I'm a fan. looking pretty sharp there.

You obviously missed that "too mean" is "not mean enough."

Wheel choice and fitment in those flared arches is god-tier.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

If all goes according to plan I'll have a different track toy by next weekend and the S2000 will be headed back to a more street friendly form

Miata is always the answer. Ex-S1 SuperMiata. ~2200lb, 220whp flat tune on low boost with the ability to turn it up to somewhere around 350whp on E85. I put a deposit down, heading out to California to pick it up Thursday.

Woah holy poo poo how did I miss this? Absolute madness

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bape Culture posted:

Woah holy poo poo how did I miss this? Absolute madness

I saw that last night and forgot to comment. That much power in a Miata is a riot. I miss mine.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Thanks for the compliments everyone, much appreciated. Photos don’t do the color justice. Wish you all could see it in person at like a Goons Cars And Coffee or something

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
More pics of that s3 needed.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

GramCracker posted:

As a BMW fanboy it makes me crazy how ugly the design language has been and to constantly have longing eyes for what Audi is doing.

This is the best looking sedan available and they are monstrously fast. :ck5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
rs3 engine is apparently same engine block (only half) as huracan/r8 v10. tuners have been doing some crazy poo poo on it

https://youtu.be/9-x0Z4wiMqM