Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

jesus WEP posted:

Bayley as a heel is Good Actually but I have no desire to see babyface Sasha ever at all, she’s a million times better as a heel. At least in WWE. She’d probably be super cool and charming as a face in a company where she can do her own character stuff

yeah I'm hoping someone in WWE has enough sense to book a double-turn match for them so Bayley can be the female Cena Make-A-Wish merch-machine she's been meant to be since she started there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cole has been saying "ITS BOSS TIME" when she's a heel too so its gonna stick around

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

They completely ruined face Bayley I don't know why you'd imagine they'd suddenly not ruin face Bayley

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

Bayley as a heel is Good Actually but I have no desire to see babyface Sasha ever at all, she’s a million times better as a heel. At least in WWE. She’d probably be super cool and charming as a face in a company where she can do her own character stuff

She is better as a heel, but I think it's the right call to make her a face and be the one to dethrone Bayley. She's right on the cusp of megastardom. I think she did an amazing job selling and getting sympathy tonight and cut a very good babyface promo before the match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

They completely ruined face Bayley I don't know why you'd imagine they'd suddenly not ruin face Bayley

Yeah for real, anything not completely dogshit in the WWE is in spite of the fuckwombles running poo poo in that lovely shitshow of a poo poo promotion.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Codependent Poster posted:

She is better as a heel, but I think it's the right call to make her a face and be the one to dethrone Bayley. She's right on the cusp of megastardom.

well its a good thing vince is gonna kneecap her and make her a huge dweeb loser like every other face

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HerraS posted:

well its a good thing vince is gonna kneecap her and make her a huge dweeb loser like every other face
This is pretty much it. Sasha works best as a cocky rear end in a top hat, whether that’s as a face or a heel. And WWE faces are all pissbaby losers, and thats ten times as true if you’re a woman and a babyface

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The WWE consolidating all their earnings with massive TV deals does make them theoretically really vulnerable to a strike. Imagine if all the wrestlers just refused to go to the ring when they're filming a live RAW? Absolute scenes.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Beyond any other unionization issues that's sorta like saying drug dealers would go out of business if all their customers stopped doing drugs.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Here's the email Vince sent talent

Vince McMahon posted:

Furthering my comments last Sunday regarding the reinvention of our product, it is imperative that we promote and protect our brand in every conceivable way. Some of you are engaged with outside 3rd parties using your name and likeness in ways that our detrimental to our company. It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension or termination at WWE’s discretion. These actions are necessary in order to rebuild our brand as we enter the next phase of growth at WWE.

I thank you for your cooperation in this matter and for all of your efforts towards the rejuvenation of WWE.

Vince.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao get fuuuucked

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
"it is imperative"
"It is imperative"
When old people who are forgetting words start drafting emails

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Vince is the loving worst.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Beyond any other unionization issues that's sorta like saying drug dealers would go out of business if all their customers stopped doing drugs.

I don't think you know what a strike is.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

We were only half-joking at the time, but I remember plenty of us posting that it felt like a Vince "joke" on Renee that the commentators were constantly asking her to talk about the Ambrose heel turn that THEY wrote but never explained. Turns out, whatever you can imagine, it's worse.

I never joke!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

Here's the email Vince sent talent

"Continued violations will result in fines, suspension or termination at WWE’s discretion."

I'd love to know what who qualifies for termination. I mean, I know, but would love to see it in practice. Someone like Paige that is injured and doing nothing they'd probalby use as an excuse to fire in a second. Anybody they don't want to go to AEW will probably be fined an equivalent to their earnings on these platforms.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If they can get randy orton to do it three times it'll get bumped down to a fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Do many WWE "independent contractors" use their real names for TV?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do many WWE "independent contractors" use their real names for TV?
Bobby Fish despite having the most made-up-sounding name of TUE

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/trevordame/status/1302038618194604033

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can we talk about this stupid thing for a moment? What is this, "WWE Heels"?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1302057613039988742?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Didn't realise WWE were brancing out into fetish videos

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Davros1 posted:

Can we talk about this stupid thing for a moment? What is this, "WWE Heels"?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1302057613039988742?s=20

the long awaited return of eva marie

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Rarity posted:

Didn't realise WWE were brancing out into fetish videos

Into??

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1302059390980296706?s=20

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

After this latest loving horseshit news wwe is pulling, I’m THIS CLOSE to cancelling my wwe network subscription!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
When I mentioned to my wife that WWE was forcing their superstars to stop third-party streaming, my 15-year old daughter burst out of her room, stormed downstairs, and proclaimed to both of us "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!"

I am not making this up.

Maybe there is hope for the future.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

How much do you think Vince hates having talent who have SOs who work for other companies?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't think you know what a strike is.

I know that it's really hard to organize a strike in pro wrestling because, among other concerns, wrestling is a drug and keeping every wrestler out of the ring would take a miracle.

Davros1 posted:

How much do you think Vince hates having talent who have SOs who work for other companies?

I think Vince hates that he can't nerve staple his talent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Renee Paquette spoke to Sports Media with Richard Dietsch

Renee Paquette posted:

One of my biggest issues when Vince would feed me a line for something is I couldn't hear him or understand him. I was like, 'Wait, what?' and trying to get him to repeat on the little spy cam on the commentary desk. It felt like a bit of a lack of communication. Even when I wanted more direction to be produced in different ways, I don't feel like I was really getting that. Obviously, when you're out there, you're gonna get production notes and Vince is going to throw stuff your way, but there are also times where I felt like I was left out to dry and it was sink or swim, and I was floundering. Being the A person on a broadcast for the majority of my career to being the third voice at the commentary table, Michael Cole and Corey Graves don't need a third voice in there. Those two are covering everything wall-to-wall that by the time you get an opening, there's nothing to say anymore. I was so hard on myself, feeling like I didn't belong or people didn't want me in that spot.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Renee Paquette spoke to Sports Media with Richard Dietsch

Yes I also agree that Michael Cole and Corey Graves never shut the gently caress up.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Something very important from that email if it's real is Vince saying the word 'rejuvenation'

He's admitting that the company is in the shitter and that must be a huge deal in his tiny bubble

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

Something very important from that email if it's real is Vince saying the word 'rejuvenation'

He's admitting that the company is in the shitter and that must be a huge deal in his tiny bubble

He and HHH are constantly at odds changing their own minds by the day on whether they're the best around or the sympathetic underdog

It's the former when talking to investors or, occasionally, fans
It's the latter when talking to fans about AEW (or New Japan) [or World of Sport]

If NXT ever makes the long-term move to Tuesday HHH will make a crack about how good it is Tuesday finally has real wrestling again, restarting their war with TNA (a company that currently has a sixth of NXT's audience and 1/14th of Raw's and SD's, yet has a successful MOTY nomination more recently than either brand)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

HerraS posted:

I can see them both becoming catty tweeners who will express their hatred for each other by calling each other "bitch" a bunch.

It will lead to a cinematic match, winner gets the rights to the word "bitch". Nobody will get over from this, Sasha and Bayley barely manage to make it any fun.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I have more fun watching the occasional episode of Impact than I did watching WWE the last several years before I quit.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the word bitch on a pole match

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ricochet, real name Trevor Ryzing, slept on the issue at hand and called an important locker room meeting to calm the boys and gals:

quote:

Team, just let it go. It’s such an honor and privilege to be here. You should be thankful to be here. This is everything!

Ricochet held up a picture of Drew Brees and called on action, saying it’s our duty to be leaders and set examples for those climbing through the WWE ranks.

“This is leadership right here. I’m not only deleting my twitch but all of my social media. I’m swearing off video games and doing anything online, period. Never again. Be humble. Be thankful. Do your job.”

You can catch Ricochet, real name Trevor Ryzing, every Saturday on WWE Main Event, pre-taped for the WWE Network.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If only that were real and he would delete all of his social media

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

jey uso going for a world title is some vgcw rear end booking

It reminds me of one of the Smackdown vs. Raw games where I traded every main-eventer to Smackdown and defended my title on Raw. I ended up feuding with guys like Jimmy Snuka and Hawk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I don’t feel bad for the wwe wrestlers at all, at this point EVERYONE knows Vince is a huge piece of poo poo who will actively gently caress you over any chance given. You sign with the wwe you’re an idiot and probably an rear end in a top hat yourself

Stop giving wwe money