Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

peanut- posted:

I don’t get this. It’s like Sagan at his peak except instead “better climber than most sprinters” it’s shredding the peloton up HC mountains.

Plenty of good time triallists/classic riders can do it. It's so spectacular because they get used 3rd or 4th and crank out absurd power for 10 minutes then die. Cancellara was a classic example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Fun stage, and it’s looking like Nairo will continue to be the Lucy to everyone’s Charlie Brown. That said, I‘m fairly concerned there’s going to be an outbreak, given the precedent set by crowd size and behavior today.

Fingers crossed.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Seeing captain-on-captain head-to-head like todays stage was an absolute treat, and I hope what we saw today means we'll have more of them during the race.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Holy gently caress was all I could think seeing all those fans, many of whom ran unmasked alongside the riders.

If they don't loving protest that poo poo then this tour deserves to die.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Chances of Pinot starting today?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

think he'll try to make it to the rest day at least. and hope to recover enough to go for a stage in the alps.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

For what it's worth, FDJ just chased back Alaphilippe's solo breakaway attempt with 133 km to go (lol)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would he abandon now when he could gently caress up his team for another mountain stage?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

fast start

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

rip aru.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

pinot in the break now.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wout just bouncing between group 1 and the GC group at will

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if Aru can make it into the gruppetto from the back, or if even the likes of Andre Greipel outclimb him today

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

RIP Thibot (lmao)

e: I refuse to spell his name correctly, apparently

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

reports of pinot's resurrection were greatly exaggerated.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Les Douze Morts De Thibaut

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

What happened to aru(uuuu)? Saw him minutes out back but no context

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

What happened to aru(uuuu)? Saw him minutes out back but no context

He dropped out the back on his own pretty soon into the stage (they went flat out for the first 50 km). No idea why exactly. He kinda motioned to his stomach once, but he looked all around awful.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ah, :rip:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Aru is out, did I miss anything else? Just joining in

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

gaudu killing that spectator.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol Gaudu

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Might be my favourite moment of the race so far

https://streamable.com/0el695

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bit grubby out there then

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm impressed he somehow simply made it back almost immediately.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Today has Richie Porte withdrawing after an incident on a descent written all over it.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yesss, we got Zakarin Cam :sickos:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I hope I don't jinx it, but it sure looks like Hirschi is having the ride of his life

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Using the Garmin mount as the worlds tiniest spinaci bars

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Using the Garmin mount as the worlds tiniest spinaci bars

Genuinely surprised there isn't a UCI reg on the length of garmin mounts for this reason.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rad shortcut

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I want him to win so bad

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

JV reeling this in quick

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Jumbo are ridiculous this year. Roglic is surely going to attack with this lead out at this pace.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You watch Wout take 2 minutes off this guys lead in a km on this climb.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Jumbo are ridiculous this year. Roglic is surely going to attack with this lead out at this pace.

I’m really surprised if they attack on a day where they need to make it stick on a wet descent.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wout is shredding this lead

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

I’m really surprised if they attack on a day where they need to make it stick on a wet descent.

Roglic is the best descender in the GC fight now and I imagine he can just take a lead over the top and make the other guys push on the descent. Let them risk crashing catching up to him.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Wout is shredding this lead

I was joking with my post but :stare:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ineos have been shredded already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Man, this is murder