Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I should probably grab RE7 next time it's on sale and play it through via PSVR and be freaked the gently caress out the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

In america zingers are coconut twinkies so this sounds loving disgusting

hosed up to call zingers a twinkie. zingers are way better than twinkies and they actually get moldy really easily because theres moisture and food in there instead of a twinkie that never goes bad because its the food god forgot

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Twinkies suck and always have

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Got this achievement in Death Stranding last night:

Childminder
Reach maximum connection level with BB.

Not a big deal, right? You go the whole game with this bb, obviously you get your connection up to 5 star sooner or later, right?

Only 10.7% of players got the achievement. Goddamn, most people who play this game are just monsters I guess

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Got this achievement in Death Stranding last night:

Childminder
Reach maximum connection level with BB.

Not a big deal, right? You go the whole game with this bb, obviously you get your connection up to 5 star sooner or later, right?

Only 10.7% of players got the achievement. Goddamn, most people who play this game are just monsters I guess
still thinking about all the podcasters complaining about BB constantly crying

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Worked on some pizza dough tonight and I hope things are going to be OK with it.

I've done this quite a few times already and so I thought it would be pretty straightforward - measured out the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast, with 65% the mass of the flour in water.

Do you mix by hand or use a stand mixer?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There needs to be a button on videos on the Youtube front page so I can go "I don't want to see [Game X] spoilers on my front page/feed for like a month"

Cause there are just straight up Avengers spoilers on my front page atm..

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

There needs to be a button on videos on the Youtube front page so I can go "I don't want to see [Game X] spoilers on my front page/feed for like a month"

Cause there are just straight up Avengers spoilers on my front page atm..

its bad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes, but I have heard the SP story is very good and I'm a very big Kamala Khan fan and it's apparently very focused on her.

So I wanted to pick it up when it goes on sale for like $20.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Not a game but if anyone likes Black Panther, literally every issue ever is free on Comixology right now. Including some weird ones where he had a cameo appearance in a different series back in 1977 or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Convex posted:

Not a game but if anyone likes Black Panther, literally every issue ever is free on Comixology right now. Including some weird ones where he had a cameo appearance in a different series back in 1977 or something.

Thank you for the heads up, I am only familiar with the movie but liked it a lot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

cant tell if just stupid, bad at videogame, or heartless lol. i rock that baby to full happiness even if im in the middle of an inky black timefall storm four feet from BT

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

BB almost never cried for me during my entire playthrough.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

BB almost never cried for me during my entire playthrough.
that's because you understood and engaged with the mechanics of the game, instead of just running full speed everywhere and dropping poo poo all over the place

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

that's because you understood and engaged with the mechanics of the game, instead of just running full speed everywhere and dropping poo poo all over the place

Sounds tedious, gotta go fast

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Reviewers, even ones who liked death stranding, also talked a lot about how difficult it was at first and how they fell all the time. Like, just hold the triggers. According to my end stats I hard fell a total of like 5 times in the entire game, and all of those were off mountains because I was trying to do something stupid with zip lines.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Well you actually do get places faster if you're not constantly tripping over rocks and poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lets hang out posted:

Reviewers, even ones who liked death stranding, also talked a lot about how difficult it was at first and how they fell all the time. Like, just hold the triggers. According to my end stats I hard fell a total of like 5 times in the entire game, and all of those were off mountains because I was trying to do something stupid with zip lines.

Yeah, I pretty much held down the triggers the entire time when playing. It was a non-issue and the game was a lot of fun to play. You have to really plan ahead and figure out where you want to go, you stay way more engaged than you would think. Death Stranding was one of my favorite games of 2019. And then the real treat is when one of the songs from the soundtrack started playing while you were out adventuring. I lived for that happening.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beat Touhou Luna Nights 100% map, all items in about 6-7 hours? The last two bosses are super rude, and I have some QoL issues, but for a budget as hell sprite game not gonna get mad.

Homing shot is disgustingly broken

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CubeTheory posted:

Do you mix by hand or use a stand mixer?

By hand.

The only thing I did differently this time around was pouring the flour into the liquid as opposed to the other way around, but I can't imagine that would make that much of a difference since you're immediately incorporating everything into a blob?

I also read some recipes while trying to troubleshoot and some of them say to wait 15 minutes after combining before starting to knead, which I haven't ever done

Looking at it eight hours in the fridge it seems to have risen well enough so the yeast isn't dying or anything

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 5, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lets hang out posted:

You can usually get away just tapping them. Also tap b to crouch then again to uncrouch and it instantly resets your balance. I do have a few deadly ziplines where there's either only one safe direction to dismount, or none at all. One leads directly to a really steep drop and I always wonder if that zipline made it to anyone else's game and if any of them ever feel to their doom.

Most of my "hard drops" seem to just be questionable geometry, like, just taking a step on a surface thats the wrong angle and suddenly you're huffing bloodbag and bb is crying, like, what even happened I didn't fall. Oh and sometimes when you clip a tent or low overhanging cliff and your tall-stack just pop goes flying oops.

MMF Freeway posted:

Well you actually do get places faster if you're not constantly tripping over rocks and poo poo

I watched part of some speedrun, without spoiling ahead , just curious how their speedrun strat goes for the first part. Turns outs constantly tripping actually is a way to get around faster with some cargo loads, you just have to do it with style, intentionally, over and over but never actually fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRB60cOmRpU&t=507s

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah you definitely pick up speed when you're in the danger state, you just have to keep you rbalance

imo holding the triggers constantly is going too far the other way and playing too conservatively + it kills your stamina, you're doing best when it feels like you're maintaining a manual in tony hawk. its a risk management game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The thing you get early in Ch.3 mitigates most of the extreme imbalancing you can get in normal circumstances to the point where I never really thought about it unless there were extreme weather/terrain effects at work.

This is how I know that any player complaining about "my baby was crying all the time because i kept falling over" never got out of the starter area

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah that feature really changes the entire game. DS has become my podcast-listening game. Go swinging from point to point while listening to office ladies

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
To be fair you have to have a high iq to understand death stranding

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SeXReX posted:

To be fair you have to have a high iq to understand death stranding

of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in BB's existential catchphase "waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
This is dumb but does any one else think it's a little uncomfortable that speedrunners complain about a game not behaving or being uncooperative when they can't pull off some super tight move or the RNG doesn't go their way? Especially when speedrunning is full of violent language, like breaking a game or abusing a bug, combined with the general adversarial relationship a speedrunner naturally has with whatever they're running. In some cases it feels like an abusive relationship, where a game is only "good" when it is submitting to the precise demands of the runner, and when the runner doesn't get the desired results it is the game's fault despite having no influence on the entered command and no ability to produce an unexpected response to said command. I prefer a more compassionate relationship between gamer and game, myself.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Eh, good speedrunners just go on or loop it until they get what they want while educating viewers. The ones who complain are just speedrunners you shouldn't be listening to.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Games are toys, not people, and it's fine to be salty when a toy doesn't do what you want imo

Overly salty people are unwatchable but that's just a general rule

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Speedrunning is totally a bdsm thing but you have the power dynamic completely backwards

We're all subs and the games are our doms

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i actually have a game backlog now, its weird. i dont know if its because i have a life now or because im just spending that time playing warframe instead

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grapplejack posted:

In america zingers are coconut twinkies so this sounds loving disgusting

Hey Jules, what do they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Australia?

Zinger with Cheese

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

By hand.

The only thing I did differently this time around was pouring the flour into the liquid as opposed to the other way around, but I can't imagine that would make that much of a difference since you're immediately incorporating everything into a blob?

I was actually going to post exactly this, this is it. I had the exact same problem until I figured this out. I think it has something to do with the sides of the bowl being covered in flour allowing the dough to form into a ball without getting pulled away. I always put my flour in first now and make a little well, and then pour the liquid ingredients into that. I haven't have a dough ball fall apart once since I started doing this. It really does make a huge difference.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9qLwH_VhI

something something Ma-G-ma

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

I was actually going to post exactly this, this is it. I had the exact same problem until I figured this out. I think it has something to do with the sides of the bowl being covered in flour allowing the dough to form into a ball without getting pulled away. I always put my flour in first now and make a little well, and then pour the liquid ingredients into that. I haven't have a dough ball fall apart once since I started doing this. It really does make a huge difference.

Oh, this makes sense!

I also read another tip that I should reserve way more of the intended flour than I'm currently doing for the kneading so that when I'm done it will be dialed into the correct hydration, I might try that next time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cuntman.net posted:

i actually have a game backlog now, its weird. i dont know if its because i have a life now or because im just spending that time playing warframe instead

i've been v busy at work for a couple months and it means i have money to buy stuff but not enough time to play them all........... feels intentional ...........................

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the solution is to buy stuff for worthless layabouts that can actually play it, like me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Game on company time imo

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i told my boss i finally found all 120 shrines in breath of the wild. he was impressed but he still demoted me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He's testing you - you need to find all the korok seeds