Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
wtf this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

The art in Monstress is sick as hell 100% of the time. Shame the writing is kinda boring.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
What in the gently caress is that thing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
An old god

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Infinity #3:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
And I got to stop wearing pants!

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Grendels Dad posted:

And I got to stop wearing pants!

Shiny chrome butthole.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

yaffle posted:

Shiny chrome butthole.

Shiny silver butthole. :colbert:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Shiny silver butthole. :colbert:

Shiny silver butthole surfer!

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

tribbledirigible posted:

They were all in love with flyin' they were heralds of Galactus.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

tribbledirigible posted:

Hero with no pants on-
Surfer power!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It always bugged me that even at the time the Makers were being written as this unstoppable alien race far beyond our power whose return meant our certain doom, Hickman was also telling us about the Ivory Kings, an even more unstoppable alien race even farther beyond our power whose return meant our even more certain doom. Really took the stings and triumphs out of Infinity for me. It was impossible to stop looking past the crisis when we constantly got told how bad the next one would be.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Nilbop posted:

It always bugged me that even at the time the Makers were being written as this unstoppable alien race far beyond our power whose return meant our certain doom, Hickman was also telling us about the Ivory Kings, an even more unstoppable alien race even farther beyond our power whose return meant our even more certain doom. Really took the stings and triumphs out of Infinity for me. It was impossible to stop looking past the crisis when we constantly got told how bad the next one would be.

So you're saying we were basically reading 2020?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Nilbop posted:

Where were the Ivory Kings mentioned? I totally must've missed them somehow, as I always thought the Makers were the Biggest of Bads. Wonder if he was just setting them up for an "Infinity" like event down the line.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sticksy posted:

Where were the Ivory Kings mentioned? I totally must've missed them somehow, as I always thought the Makers were the Biggest of Bads. Wonder if he was just setting them up for an "Infinity" like event down the line.

Swan mentions them in New Avengers, I think. Right at the end of Infinity,

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The ivory kings get mentioned by black swan a bunch and then again around the time doom meets up with Dr strange near the end right before it's revealed they're the beyonders

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Fun fact in one issue (it's after Infinity) someone mentions the Ebony King's.
It turned out that this was a mistake and was supposed to be Ivory King's. But for weeks fans were convinced that there was another faction of big bads out there, waiting to be revealed.

And while Hickman stuck the landing hard with the end of all the Incursion stuff one leading theory about the Ebony King's/Ivory Kings/ Mapmakers etc.. was that they were all the end results of the various members of the Illuminati (Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Ironman etc...) going all mad and powerful and destroying the multi verse.

It was a cool theory because it played into the narrative that the ultimate biggest threat faced by the Illuminati was one they had created and were perpetrating.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It only took 10,000 loving chapters of backstory nonsense, but the Straw Hat crew is back together again in the latest chapter and ready for war!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
It still makes me so happy whenever I see Jinbei standing alongside everybody else.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I find it amusing the ladies are way deep in the background.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's countered by Robin getting to do a rad take down of the most powerful woman in the world in the same chapter.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I'm around 400 chapters behind the current, but it looks like Franky's redesign doesn't get any better, does it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I'm around 400 chapters behind the current, but it looks like Franky's redesign doesn't get any better, does it.

I haven't liked Franky's design since the timeskip.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Original Franky was a masterpiece and while I've made piece with his redesign it is a huge downgrade.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Honestly, while I usually like timeskips for whatever reason, the one in One Piece really killed my momentum and interest. I've been going through it on the Jump app, but now I'm kind of forcing myself to get back to it, rather than being compelled to. That, and original Franky was, indeed, perfection.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I love seeing Jimbei interact with the crew but it's so weird having a former captain just decide he absolutely wants to join Luffy to the point of abandoning his own crew. It never really worked for me.

On a side-note, can we agree Chubby Kung-Fu Chopper is best Chopper?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The newest One Punch Man, this is what happens when the world's most powerful psychic decides that she's done fuckin around.

Read right-to-left

Nilbop posted:

On a side-note, can we agree Chubby Kung-Fu Chopper is best Chopper?

Yes

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Honestly, while I usually like timeskips for whatever reason, the one in One Piece really killed my momentum and interest. I've been going through it on the Jump app, but now I'm kind of forcing myself to get back to it, rather than being compelled to. That, and original Franky was, indeed, perfection.

Honestly that did the exact same thing to me. Nami and Robin's redesigns don't really help either, nor do their role in the story to when I finally dropped off.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Alacron posted:

The newest One Punch Man, this is what happens when the world's most powerful psychic decides that she's done fuckin around.

Tatsumaki is such a loving badass.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So I'm guessing she just killed a whole lotta innocent bystanders with that

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That particular city's (in an unbelievable coincidence, its where Saitama lives) been abandoned for a long rear end time.
Rip Saitama's apartment though.

e:Also she PSI'd all the heroes to safety.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 8, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That sassy lost child is really cool

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

tribbledirigible posted:

now we know who Marvel needs to get for the Silver Surfer OST.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

site posted:

The ivory kings get mentioned by black swan a bunch and then again around the time doom meets up with Dr strange near the end right before it's revealed they're the beyonders

Doctor Strange somehow became the leader of the Black Priests at one point, their power being the words of power. Not sure how that concluded though.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

This could have gone to the Funny Panels, but I decided it was better here..

Gee, I always wondered.. what if you gave someone other than Rex Tyler some Miraclo?

Context: Dr. Mid-Nite and Hourman are up against a minion of Stalker, an apocalyptic demi-god villiain.
Hooty, Dr. Mid-Nite's mascot, has attacked the minion, but he has the power of plagues and he blasts Hooty point blank.
Mid-Nite tries to think of a way to save his beloved pet, but Hourman offers a suggestion..

Smash Comics #1 (1999)

Earlier in the story, McNider related to Rex his origin story; Hooty was instrumental in guiding McNider back to a life of meaning after he was struck blind by explosives, so he is super grateful to him.

This scene, went to the Funny Pages.. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3691736&pagenumber=874&perpage=40#post507919123

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 9, 2020

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Super-Owl is amazing, but also you'd think an editor would have asked "Why is the bird yelling 'whore'?"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Elfface posted:

Super-Owl is amazing, but also you'd think an editor would have asked "Why is the bird yelling 'whore'?"

Now I’m picturing Hootie being voiced by Danny DeVito

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Now I’m picturing Hootie being voiced by Danny DeVito

I'm hearing Gravity Falls' Alex Hirsch as Hooty in the Owl House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4lssi_BuGk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Doctor Strange somehow became the leader of the Black Priests at one point, their power being the words of power. Not sure how that concluded though.

They were wiped out by the Black Swans and Stephen was captured and brought before Ra'bum'alul, Dr Doom.