Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Looking for some advice:

I generally start a game, play for a few hours, and then have a holy war declared on me by a much larger ruler with 5x my military power and get rolled despite calling in reinforcements from allies, using mercenaries, etc. Is this just me not focusing enough on military? I feel like even if I knew this was going to happen and tried to prepare for it from the very beginning I'd be unable to defend or have allies of high enough power. What am I doing wrong?
if you're badly outmatched by a lot of large and hostile enemies get yourself vassalized by a big kingdom. there are almost no downsides. a holy war on you would then be a holy war on that kingdom.

Zane fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

VelociBacon posted:

Looking for some advice:

I generally start a game, play for a few hours, and then have a holy war declared on me by a much larger ruler with 5x my military power and get rolled despite calling in reinforcements from allies, using mercenaries, etc. Is this just me not focusing enough on military? I feel like even if I knew this was going to happen and tried to prepare for it from the very beginning I'd be unable to defend or have allies of high enough power. What am I doing wrong?

You can always start somewhere in the middle of your religion.

Trying to rock around on the borders and conquer your religious enemy lands will almost certainly result in them hating you and attacking at the first opportunity

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 6, 2020

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Beginning to find that the AI is both smart and dumb at the same time. Smart because its good at forming up to win a fight or run away, but its also dumb in that it always ends up beeling for your capital and it seems to follow the same path all the time when fleeing.

EDIT:

Wooooo

ooooooooh poo poo..

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 6, 2020

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wanted to report that the Scholar perk tree is perfect for goody two-shoe players like me that could never get into murdering and/or sleeping with half my family. Being able to just buy claims with piety lets you expand at breakneck pace.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Bussamove posted:

If I get the last county I need for the Kingdom, will that make it easier to bring the other Irish counties under my rule without fabricating claims and then going to war because I’m their De Jure ruler? I see the option to suggest they become my vassal but there’s always huge penalties to it because of that.

Yes, it helps. Being someone's De Jure liege lord both makes it much easier to diplomatically convince them to swear fealty to you -- it's nearly impossible without it -- and is a conveniently valid reason to kick their teeth in and force them to swear if they refuse.

Note that unlike claim-on-county wars which give you control of the county, I-am-your-boss wars will make them keep the province but be your vassal. Note also that exactly what De Jure Cassus Belli are available is a tech thing. De Jure wars for counties is a tribal innovation, duchies is early medieval and kingdoms is late medieval.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Bussamove posted:

Extremely noob question incoming because this is my first CK and holy crap. Apologies.

I continued the Irish tutorial dynasty because it seemed like a good way to get my bearings and worry about a somewhat small goal to start (get counties, establish Kingdom of Ireland), but I wanted to straighten out something in my brain. If I get the last county I need for the Kingdom, will that make it easier to bring the other Irish counties under my rule without fabricating claims and then going to war because I’m their De Jure ruler? I see the option to suggest they become my vassal but there’s always huge penalties to it because of that. I suppose I could manipulate the succession lines to get them too but that involves figuring that poo poo out and one thing at a time.

You'll still usually have to go to war, you just get to skip waiting around for claims to fabricate since you have a real claim by virtue of being the proper king over everybody

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Re: inheritance with partition, I've actually had complete success holding only a King level title, Duchy level title, and the complete six counties in that duchy (one of them being my realm capital). The whole duchy seems to count as my primary title, and it'll only distribute titles outside of that.

I think this is something that was improved from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3. I had difficulty keeping even my capital county in 1.0.2 but so far in 1.0.3 that hasn't been an issue. Another thing I've noticed with title management is that if you give your potential hiers land, that will count towards the titles they get in inheritance. So if every hier is due to get 3 titles, you can give them each 3 titles of your choosing and then they won't get more once you die, allowing you to divide your realm on your own terms.

I *think* the number of titles your heirs are due is based on your overall realm size. So when you're expanding your realm, if you give most of your conquests to the characters in your line of succession, then you should be able to keep your other holdings you've been developing and building up. At least, that's how it's working in my Haraldr Fairhair campaign.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It's kind of ridiculous how early the Meritocracy perk is in the Stewardship focus. Being able to just declare that you ought to be the real Emperor/King/Duke is pretty nutty.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Had the 5000 piety I needed, and was all ready to Mend the Schism and make my gnostic, we love parties, gender equal, gays are cool 'Vlaanderen Creed' Orthodox Christianity the One True Faith, but the loving count of Antioch was a heretic and I was lining things up to take the county away when I died.

:negative:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am 65 now. I wonder if I have enough time to put into motion the plot:

1. Swear Fealty to the empress.
2. Use the Claim Throne scheme to get a CB for the Empire title .
3. Kidnap the empress
4. I am now the empress.

My heir is a Cynical Callous Content Grey Eminence? On succession she might be able to hold things together and possibly even boost education enough to finish all the tribal innovations in her reign (there are like 3 left)

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

One thing to bear in mind is that this is basically hard mode in the game - it's not as difficult as a OPM in EU4 but it's still much harder than starting out as a duke. Most of the advice I'm about to give is from experience playing CK2 so I don't know how well it holds up in CK3, but I think they are similar enough that it should still basically work:

1) If you have a huge same-religion kingdom near you, ask to let them vassalize you. You are much more vulnerable to getting your poo poo stolen by being independent as a count. If the only people around you are other counts, you are safer, but even a nearby duke can be a risk and worth submitting to pre-emptively in the short term. Being part of a larger realm also gives you more opportunities for conquest, because you can now individually invade other counts under the same duke/king without having to take on the entire kingdom. The best playstyle to go from a count to a king is to be a tumor in someone else's realm rather than trying to conquer and create it yourself from scratch.

2) Get used to waiting around a lot. You can only expand by kicking people while they're down, so there will be a lot of waiting for opportunities to present themselves. You can use the time you're waiting to set up a lot of marriages and try to form good alliances, but as a count it will be harder for you to get them since most dukes or kings are not going to see you as a worthwhile ally. Making friends with them can be very helpful for this.

3) Focus heavily on martial as your primary stat. Since it will be hard for you to get good marriages as a nobody, your main way of expanding will be through direct conquest and your power will come much more from your ruler's stats than your territory itself - CK3 gives you some extra opportunities here, and going heavy on knights is a good way to punch above your weight. Knights with 20+ prowess are worth hundreds of levies.

Yeah... I kinda hosed off and went to go play as the duke of Bohemia, which is a good way to get my feet wet in a place that's not as simple to even fuckin navigate as Ireland.

Having fun so far and I think I've got a couple of marriages set up where I'm going to be able to inherit a kingdom or two. Gonna see if I can usurp the drat HRE. Thank you for the advice though. I'm glad I tried playing as a duke vassal first rather than a count lol

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

PittTheElder posted:

Re: inheritance with partition, I've actually had complete success holding only a King level title, Duchy level title, and the complete six counties in that duchy (one of them being my realm capital). The whole duchy seems to count as my primary title, and it'll only distribute titles outside of that.

Thats not been my experience with it. I held the Kingdom of Lithuania, Duchy of Prussia, and the 5 provinces inside of it. It would always pass on my Kingdom, the Duchy, and then one province from the entire duchy. The rest would go to my sons even if I only had one. The only way I could make sure my heir would get all the provinces of the duchy was to conquer another duchy for each heir that wasnt disinherited.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Well I had enough of dealing with the same clique of vassals either declaring independence or liberty wars after every succession so I stripped them all of their titles, executed them all and redistributed their former holdings to any character I could find with the Content trait. I now have -400 relations with my vassals thanks to tyranny so lets hope this maxed out Dread can hold it all together until that wears off.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How long will it take for neighbouring pagans to take up a reformed religion? I'm three dukes deep into not getting a single person outside my realm to swap to the new Asatru. Do I really have to go and convert all of Scandinavia by force?

Also both enemy and allied AI feel like they're colluding against the player. I attacked Sweden for the third holy site while they were getting their poo poo kicked in in their British colonies by both unruly locals and a Karling holy war and they sailed right back home, knocked over all my allies who lined up one by one maxing out the battle warscore and then focused entirely on capturing my territory while surrendering to all their other enemies. Good job ceding 2/3rds of the Danelaw just to spite me, guys!

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
I'm Norwegian King of the Isles in 1080, and the King of Scotland comes knocking like "hey, that's my land," starts a war with me that would absolutely crush me... except I had Norse bros waiting just off the coast. We trounce the Scots, forcing him to pay reparations. In one of the battles I happen to capture his wife. Instead of ransoming her back, I negotiate to recruit her to my court, butter her up for a while, seduce her and start banging. She has a kid with a bunch of claims on the rest of Scotland. Whose land is whose now, Malcolm III?

This game is amazing.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Founding a new faith offshoot turned out fantastic; after switching to equal gender rights my knight roster got a massive instant upgrade with all the random high-prowess female characters who'd been kicking around my realm with nothing to do (and no battles to kill them off all this time).

Procedural rhetoric definitely has it's moments. Love it. God this game is so good.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Tetramin posted:

Gonna see if I can usurp the drat HRE.

Honestly there's not much point in getting elected to HRE as Bohemia - you've already got the second-ish largest army between the borders of France and Byzantium and the bonuses from being on the HRE's council are absurdly strong. The prestige gain and new outfits seem hardly worth it unless you need it for some gamey reason like you can't be bothered fabricating claims in the Baltic or Sardinia and want to go directly to holy warring in those areas or whatever.

It honestly seems super beneficial to keep the empire as stable as possible so you can milk the council bonus, the innovation effusion from the Germans, and easy nearby ducal pickings that no one else is really in a position to target (Tyrol, Steiermark, Austria, etc). Found the liberty faction and keep crown authority low in the empire and it's all gravy.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 6, 2020

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DurosKlav posted:

Thats not been my experience with it. I held the Kingdom of Lithuania, Duchy of Prussia, and the 5 provinces inside of it. It would always pass on my Kingdom, the Duchy, and then one province from the entire duchy. The rest would go to my sons even if I only had one. The only way I could make sure my heir would get all the provinces of the duchy was to conquer another duchy for each heir that wasnt disinherited.

Oh interesting. I have not yet tried it where my heir has not been one of my sons. Though even with multiple sons it all went to one of them

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Two questions:

1. Am I missing anything not having a Paradox account?

2. Playing my Disaster Viking game, I tried taking a neighboring county, easily won the fight and siege, but never got the option to enforce demands or a surrender from the opposing guy. Do I just stay and occupy for a while or what? It seemed like the war score was slowly creeping up while we were there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol the empress managed to foil my plans with a "taint reaped again" level of self-own by trying to have me arrested and thus forcing me to fight a rebellion war. She got deposed and now I have to start over on the plot, lol. The new emperor is a Likable Compassionate guy of my house, maybe he'd be good to lead...

(I'm still gonna cue up the Claim Throne plot)

Edit: OK maybe there's something I'm not understanding about vassal ties?

So the situation is de jure (and de facto) this

Empire of Kanem-Bornu
Kingdom of Hausaland (Me)
High Chiefdom [Duchy] of Igboland (my daughter)
Chiefdom of Ibibo (Me)

I wanted to hand off the chiefdom to a son, and I assumed that he would be placed as my daughter's vassal. But it didn't do that, and it didn't make him my direct vassal, but instead a direct vassal of the emperor :confused:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 6, 2020

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
This game is a really incredible refinement of the things that made CKII great. I love all the different things that push you towards having to really specialize each of your characters to meet specific goals and react to the circumstances of their reign. I love having just a few Capital 'T' Traits for each character that are locked in and then lifestyle stuff that accrues on top of it, I love that things are generally a bit harder and a bit slower across the board, especially in the early start date.

The border gore is truly horrendous and I hope the dev team can find some smart ways to limit it. Most of my wars right now are siegeing down a couple of counties that border my kingdom and then disbanding my armies and cranking the speed to maximum because the rest of the realm I'm at war with is half the map away.

The two things I miss the most from CKII right now are character inventories for collecting fingerbones of saints and nails from the true cross and rad swords, and garrison reinforcements. I don't mind that the AI aggressively goes for the headshot every time, but I do mind that when I get home to defend just a day too late to break the siege, the holding suddenly has repaired walls and a full garrison and restocked supplies and it takes months to retake it. Maybe let armies give up some levy numbers to hold the garrison? I want a pop up and a pause when I win sieges anyway...

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
All right: let's say I formed my own organized religion based around cats and feasting. What is the best way to attack and dethrone god, aka develop a proper holy war CB on the papacy?

I'm not getting the option. Is it (I hope it isn't) because I picked Pluralist as one of the doctrines? Or is it because I organized it starting from Catholicism that it's just an organized Christian denomination rather than some heretical formulation?

The former would be lol as hell but sadly not conducive to dethroning god as I intended, if true.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Zane posted:

if you're badly outmatched by a lot of large and hostile enemies get yourself vassalized by a big kingdom. there are almost no downsides. a holy war on you would then be a holy war on that kingdom.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You can always start somewhere in the middle of your religion.

Trying to rock around on the borders and conquer your religious enemy lands will almost certainly result in them hating you and attacking at the first opportunity

Thanks, having a better time now.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I forgot to share my best story: my greatest king so far, Edwin, lived almost to his 80s and had ten children across three wives. The very youngest was a son, and at his birth his mother pleaded that he be given the name... Oats. There are nine kids with good names already, those are the ones that are going to matter in the next generation, so you know what, sure, name the kid Oats! I'm not even sure who his father is.

Of course, Crusader Kings happens, and a few years and a string of catastrophes (including one accidental castration) later, King Oats of Scotland takes the throne.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
It's annoying that an alliance expiring doesn't allow you to bug out of a war. Come on man, I have no reason to be involved and my pilgrimage cooldown just timed out.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

When are the Crusades supposed to fire? It’s 1107 in my game and the Muslims have activated Jihad, but nothing yet for Catholicism.

e: in the 1066 start

Bold Robot fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 6, 2020

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Bold Robot posted:

When are the Crusades supposed to fire? It’s 1107 in my game and the Muslims have activated Jihad, but nothing yet for Catholicism.

In my games, the crusades fire by 1000 AD every time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I had two of them by like 980

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Generally speaking, do I want to create Men-At-Arms regiments for my army if I can afford them? Is there some unforeseen cost or penalty to having them, like massively higher upkeep on your army?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Generally speaking, do I want to create Men-At-Arms regiments for my army if I can afford them? Is there some unforeseen cost or penalty to having them, like massively higher upkeep on your army?

They do have a lot of upkeep. You can see that upkeep when you select them and look at their info card. It will generally outweigh your main levies' upkeep by a good amount.

That said, men at arms are way more powerful than your levies and are a must if you want an army with some actual killing ability. You should recruit as many as you can comfortably afford. I recommend lots of bowmen in the early game. The AI likes to spam light infantry, and bowmen counter them while being pretty capable in their own right (25 base attack compared to your levies' 10).

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 6, 2020

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Good news, I finally got a computer that's able to play this game yesterday (instead of Wednesday as was promised to me, gently caress you, online shop :argh:), and I already lost some hours in this. So expect some updates to the OP now that I can finally sink my teeth into CK3.

One cool thing I discovered is that my favorite CK2 start (Umayyads in Spain) is still pretty cool. You are following your own branch of Sunni faith, and you only need two holy sites to make yourself the head of your faith. One is in Cordoba, and there's one in Morocco, so you will get this just by normally playing the game and expanding into Africa. It's also nice that your faith plays really well with having different faith vassals, and homosexuality is already legal. I'm definitely going to do my usual "wipe out all Abbassid" game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

They do have a lot of upkeep. You can see that upkeep when you select them and look at their info card. It will generally outweigh your main levies' upkeep by a good amount.

That said, men at arms are way more powerful than your levies and are a must if you want an army with some actual killing ability. You should recruit as many as you can comfortably afford. I recommend lots of bowmen in the early game. The AI likes to spam light infantry, and bowmen counter them while being pretty capable in their own right (25 base attack compared to your levies' 10).

Once I got the special italian pikemen, I went all in on that, with my holdings giving them huuuuge boosts.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
If nothing else you always want to at least have a single size one regiment of the best available siege engines as they make sieges much faster. Also if you can afford it some light cavalry will let you inflict far more fatal casualties on the enemy when you win a battle.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is the warhorse from the Chivalry lifestyle events bugged? Doesn't seem to show up.

Edit: I have selected the wrong duchy/county for a conquest war now so many times it's not even funny

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 6, 2020

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Just reformed the Asatru religion as Haraldr Fairhair. A few notes about that process:

- Resetting my perks so I can branch into the Prophet perk cost more stress than it said in the tooltip. Perhaps the listed cost is modified by your whole of body stress reductions while the actual cost is without them. Still, kinda lame that it's different. I planned the reset so I wouldn't get a mental break, but I got one anyway.
- Reforming the faith cost less than it said it would. Was supposed to cost 5050 piety, but it cost something like 4800. Not sure why. I'll take the free piety I guess.
- Your vassals will be given the chance to convert, which auto-converts their land. But the vassals of your vassals do not appear to be given that chance. So none of the counts under my duke vassals converted, making that 20 of 22 vassals converting much less impressive than it first appeared. Also, only your capital and your converting vassals' capitals will convert.
- I switched from concubines to full polygamy, and the game just made me drop my concubines entirely instead of making them proper wives. Not sure what I was expecting, and I suppose this makes sense (wives are a much bigger deal than concubines), but I have a million characters in my court and I'm never finding my former concubines lmao. On a similar note, the "child of concubine" trait sticks around. I guess because, again, wives are a bigger deal.
- Be ready for some succession upheaval if you switch to full Equality. It sorta slipped my mind that my meticulously managed line of succession would be potentially thrown into disarray by the change. Thankfully only one new character entered the mix.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 6, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well my overpowered 32 intrigue Queen of Thorns died before I could execute the plot against the emperor :negative:

My heir was off to a good start before immediately getting Melancholy out of nowhere. Still over 10+ in all stats except Martial though. When the Hausaland partitioned my uncle got the Kingdom of Yorubaland title, while I kept Hausaland (which included that little piece of Ashanti on the coast for some reason?)

I spent the first years in a Holy War to the west grabbing a duchy, which was decent... and my uncle decided to gank the fellow vassal kingdom of Igbo-Benue and absorbed it all putting him on equal footing with me, which was uh probably a better deal.

Of course the emperor didn't do anything about it I guess because we're tribal, anyway he's been fighting a losing war for the past 20 years to avoid being subjugated by a random vassal of Akan lol. It's a real Game of Thrones deal, the seat of the Empire is a garbage county and 75% of his nominal military power comes from distant alliances while the Kingdoms of the Hausa, Yoruba, Sao, and Darfur make up the majority of the power and we're all probably just biding our time. There are a string of duchies through the Sahara up to the coast that I haven't been paying attention to at all since I've been so focused down here, so we have the potential attention of both the Byzantines and the Abbasids.

The diplomatic range of the empire is pretty cool though, as now I'm getting Euro and Arab courtiers, and as someone mentioned getting superwomen whose talents would be wasted elsewhere is a nice bonus. My chancellor is a Lithuanian lady with 21 Diplomacy, also she was Brave and had one of the highest prowesses in my army before I started recruiting champions. I noticed she ganked an enemy general in combat which was cool but then I realized I should probably forbid her from battle because I need her alive and at court lol.

I really, really like the skill tree system. You have some choices baked in from your education and prior growth but there's still room to make choices and it feels like you're adding tools to your arsenal in a really clear way. Diplomacy seems like the obvious path for this character and I think I can pretty much stabilize domestically with Befriend schemes, but then I have to figure out what to do about the other kingdoms + foreigners. I do have to mark out ten years to spend on some Intrigue and Stewardship though -- the combination of Fabricate Hooks plus Demand Money for Hooks is like a blank check. Plus I could always decide to do the Kidnap strat and that will require getting both Abduction and Claim Throne schemes...

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

"Station Besiegers" splitting off your men-at-arms before your levies is the dumbest thing. Why is that the way it was coded? lmao

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well my overpowered 32 intrigue Queen of Thorns died before I could execute the plot against the emperor :negative:

My heir was off to a good start before immediately getting Melancholy out of nowhere. Still over 10+ in all stats except Martial though. When the Hausaland partitioned my uncle got the Kingdom of Yorubaland title, while I kept Hausaland (which included that little piece of Ashanti on the coast for some reason?)

I spent the first years in a Holy War to the west grabbing a duchy, which was decent... and my uncle decided to gank the fellow vassal kingdom of Igbo-Benue and absorbed it all putting him on equal footing with me, which was uh probably a better deal.

Of course the emperor didn't do anything about it I guess because we're tribal, anyway he's been fighting a losing war for the past 20 years to avoid being subjugated by a random vassal of Akan lol. It's a real Game of Thrones deal, the seat of the Empire is a garbage county and 75% of his nominal military power comes from distant alliances while the Kingdoms of the Hausa, Yoruba, Sao, and Darfur make up the majority of the power and we're all probably just biding our time. There are a string of duchies through the Sahara up to the coast that I haven't been paying attention to at all since I've been so focused down here, so we have the potential attention of both the Byzantines and the Abbasids.

The diplomatic range of the empire is pretty cool though, as now I'm getting Euro and Arab courtiers, and as someone mentioned getting superwomen whose talents would be wasted elsewhere is a nice bonus. My chancellor is a Lithuanian lady with 21 Diplomacy, also she was Brave and had one of the highest prowesses in my army before I started recruiting champions. I noticed she ganked an enemy general in combat which was cool but then I realized I should probably forbid her from battle because I need her alive and at court lol.

I really, really like the skill tree system. You have some choices baked in from your education and prior growth but there's still room to make choices and it feels like you're adding tools to your arsenal in a really clear way. Diplomacy seems like the obvious path for this character and I think I can pretty much stabilize domestically with Befriend schemes, but then I have to figure out what to do about the other kingdoms + foreigners. I do have to mark out ten years to spend on some Intrigue and Stewardship though -- the combination of Fabricate Hooks plus Demand Money for Hooks is like a blank check. Plus I could always decide to do the Kidnap strat and that will require getting both Abduction and Claim Throne schemes...

I don't think you can change lifestyles, only focuses. And the latter once every five years at most

If I'm missing something though please tell me

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

HiroProtagonist posted:

I don't think you can change lifestyles, only focuses. And the latter once every five years at most

If I'm missing something though please tell me

No you can definitely change lifestyles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

"Station Besiegers" splitting off your men-at-arms before your levies is the dumbest thing. Why is that the way it was coded? lmao

Watching Arumba it didn't even leave his onagers