Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's past midnight here and it's still 90 degrees outside, ugh...

If I hadn't bought this air conditioner I might not even be in a condition to game right now

Edit: Holy crap it's supposed to get to 105 degrees midday where I'm at :stare: I don't think I've ever seen that temp here before

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hiro Protagonist

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Post Badpun

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Disguy Shant

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's past midnight here and it's still 90 degrees outside, ugh...

If I hadn't bought this air conditioner I might not even be in a condition to game right now

Edit: Holy crap it's supposed to get to 105 degrees midday where I'm at :stare: I don't think I've ever seen that temp here before

It's been near 100 the past couple days and through Monday but then Tuesday is supposed to be like 35 and snowing

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
After replaying the first game during the past few days, I just got to playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I thought the first game was awesome, but holy poo poo, this is so much better so far. :vince:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sleve McDichael

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My friend tried Craftopia

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did you know you can pay Jon St John to say whatever the gently caress you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bUYRWcr5TM

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does a metroidvania thread exist on these here forums of ours?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Wildtortilla posted:

It does but you need both the double jump and the super missiles to gain access to it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

or just glitch it by posting "lol 69" in three different subforums within a minute

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

You can make it, but you have to defeat people who want to call them Metroidlikes or Exploration Platformers first in order to get the thread post power

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Justin Baileys

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Somebody is trying to make "Keyring Platformer" happen and that person is wronger than Sakamoto's vision for Metroid: Other M

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You have to backtrack to the very first place you posted on the forums to find the mod permission to make Metroidvania thread.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This has been tremendously helpful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Camestrotlevainida

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hollow Knight pre-clones

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poor "Legacy of the Wizard", not good enough to get the genre name nod despite releasing first.

To be honest, its actually kind of interesting how July and October of 1987 four major Metroidvanias released, with Metroid and Castlevania 2 releasing within 3 weeks of each other.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

This has been tremendously helpful.

I've got you mate

Metroidvania thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

u fucker

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Barudak posted:

Poor "Legacy of the Wizard", not good enough to get the genre name nod despite releasing first.

To be honest, its actually kind of interesting how July and October of 1987 four major Metroidvanias released, with Metroid and Castlevania 2 releasing within 3 weeks of each other.

Castlevania II isn't a Metroidvania. Only the Castlevanias from Symphony of the Night forward are.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm looking forward to all the big Metroid 35 celebrations next year

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm looking forward to all the big Metroid 35 celebrations next year

Is this when all 35 metroid fans get together and reminisce on the good times

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
No misuse of Samus will ever top the time she was told to show up to work because she was gonna be in an ad where her armor turns into an speckled Easter Egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vSsGgKX-Gg

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Did you know you can pay Jon St John to say whatever the gently caress you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bUYRWcr5TM

logical conclusion of paying voice actors to read whatever u want
https://soundcloud.com/ayanami-reid/voiceover-post-mk-ii-return-to

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OhFunny posted:

Castlevania II isn't a Metroidvania. Only the Castlevanias from Symphony of the Night forward are.

Im curious how you define them because to me it totally is

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

then you are the single person this planet of earth who thinks that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Castlevania 2 is just Zelda 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stux posted:

then you are the single person this planet of earth who thinks that

Won't be the first or last time Im wrong and stubborn about it

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

I knew you'd post that fuckin bug and I was right.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if symphony of the night is the inflection point, where castlevania and metroid were powerfully synthesized, then you can orient all metroid and castlevania games along a spectrum that are positive or negative metroodvanianess in relation to sotn

this is my relative theory of metroidvania

simons quest is probably -5 or -6, by my estimation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So where's the four-quadrant chart with the Metroid and Castlevania axes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all metroid games are metroidvanias but not all castlevania games are

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Castlevania 2 is just Zelda 2

What a horrible night
for a post.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Stux posted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

I have been consistently saying this and treated like a kook by people who reply with things like "no you see gear with stats is key to the metroidvania formula" [citation needed]

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I see goons say metroid fusion isn't a metroidvania all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been consistently saying this and treated like a kook by people who reply with things like "no you see gear with stats is key to the metroidvania formula" [citation needed]

Metroid: Federation Force and Metroid: Pinball I'd not put in the Metroidvania bucket