Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
People are calling KENTA someone who couldn't cut it in WWE and a castoff, a dude who had maybe a combined 20 hours combined in the ring over the length of his 5 year WWE career because he spent most of it injured or not booked. Sure, Hideo Itami had a 5 year career in the WWE but it's so minuscule to the other 15 years he wrestled and I wouldn't be shocked if he was in the ring longer in one month in NOAH than most years he was in the ring for the WWE

The WWE fans are in the cult too and will find any way they can to make wrestlers feel like they didn't matter unless they were working for the WWE, no matter how long or great their careers were outside of it were before or after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

People are calling KENTA someone who couldn't cut it in WWE and a castoff, a dude who had maybe a combined 20 hours combined in the ring over the length of his 5 year WWE career because he spent most of it injured or not booked. Sure, Hideo Itami had a 5 year career in the WWE but it's so minuscule to the other 15 years he wrestled and I wouldn't be shocked if he was in the ring longer in one month in NOAH than most years he was in the ring for the WWE

The WWE fans are in the cult too and will find any way they can to make wrestlers feel like they didn't matter unless they were working for the WWE, no matter how long or great their careers were outside of it were before or after.

Out of curiosity I looked it up and in four and a half years under the WWE umbrella KENTA only had 60 televised matches and 23 of those happened on 205 Live, the show that did not exist. Goddamn.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Mage_Boy posted:

A B A C A B B

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Mage_Boy posted:

A B A C A B B

This was the Genesis Mortal Kombat blood code and I'm sure I'm not the only one that still remembers it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbjfesCI254

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
Is there a list anywhere that shows what WWE contracts are running out? I'd imagine that the people who signed 3 year deals before all this crap really started building up may be counting the days before they can tell Vince to go gently caress himself.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Is there a list anywhere that shows what WWE contracts are running out? I'd imagine that the people who signed 3 year deals before all this crap really started building up may be counting the days before they can tell Vince to go gently caress himself.

I'd think maintaining such a list is nigh impossible due to time being randomly added to those contracts because of injury and whatnot.

Looking forward to many contracts being extended in 2021 because of Corona.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

rare Magic card l00k posted:

i am sure aj felt regret every time he did that dive to the outside in tna that resulted in hitting his calves on the guardrail

unrelated to AJ but this post reminded me - it is loving bonkers that Bryan Danielson did Springboard Flip Dives into the crowd and onto the flimsy loving chairs like every ROH show for 4-5 years

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
I haven't seen the actual clip to see how he's saying it, but saying his cameo may not be around for long is just good advertising for Big E, even if he has no intentions of shutting it down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So Alvarez raised a good point on Observer Radio: Austin Creed isn't even Xavier Woods' real name. So are WWE trying to say they own his fake name, his real name and his OTHER fake name? :psyduck:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Vince should just be honest and state he "just wants a little taste. You know, wet my beak."

Mafia-rear end company

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Neodoomium posted:

Vince should just be honest and state he "just wants a little taste. You know, wet my beak."

Mafia-rear end company

The problem is Vince's approach is more likely to be along these lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDgjLf_rk4

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jerusalem posted:

So Alvarez raised a good point on Observer Radio: Austin Creed isn't even Xavier Woods' real name. So are WWE trying to say they own his fake name, his real name and his OTHER fake name? :psyduck:

I would like this part of history to be studied in Law class where future lawyers would have to come up with reasons of how the WWE would be justified in doing all this.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

RealFoxy posted:

I saw mention of this on the twitter TL a couple days ago and it lead to another conversation about how they just don't know what to do with Japanese talent. Like - What the hell is KUSHIDA doing? Been in the company for a year in a half now. Wildly popular outside of WWE. Seems to just be... coasting.

Tozawa? Not as popular as KUSHIDA but he's been there for 4 years. Was always charismatic and easy to get behind in US appearances before them.

I know they use Nakamura but me not watching I can't really judge. I don't even remember how they followed up his Rumble win. Is it fair of me to say they haven't tried to reach his potential? I know he could be lazy as hell at times in New Japan. Shrug.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 7, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

I would like this part of history to be studied in Law class where future lawyers would have to come up with reasons of how the WWE would be justified in doing all this.

Law Student: .....was it because Vince McMahon was rich?
Law Teacher: Finally, a prodigy!

HulkaMatt posted:

I know they use Nakamura but me not watching I can't really judge. I don't even remember how they followed up his Rumble win. :shrug:

He punched AJ Styles on the dick alot, lost all his title matches and then was the subject of racist jokes by WWE Champion Jinder Mahal. Yes, Shinsuke Nakamura has never been WWE Champion but Jinder Mahal was.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I will never forget the Jinder Mahal run because one of the last WWE events I saw live was with Jeffersonlives - where we got to see the FIRST EVER HOUSE SHOW TRIAL OF JINDER MAHAL - FUTURE MAIN EVENTER

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

P.S the end result of that Jinder Mahal run was him losing the title before they went on their tour of India, where Jinder lost clean to HHH and then bowed to him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

HulkaMatt posted:

I saw mention of this on the twitter TL a couple days ago and it lead to another conversation about how they just don't know what to do with Japanese talent. Like - What the hell is KUSHIDA doing? Been in the company for a year in a half now. Wildly popular outside of WWE. Seems to just be... coasting.

Tozawa? Not as popular as KUSHIDA but he's been there for 4 years. Was always charismatic and easy to get behind in US appearances before them.

I know they use Nakamura but me not watching I can't really judge. I don't even remember how they followed up his Rumble win. Is it fair of me to say they haven't tried to reach his potential? I know he could be lazy as hell at times in New Japan. Shrug.
I love the hell out of Asuka, but I really don't think she's better at wrestling or more charismatic than Tozawa, Nakamura, or Kairi, or Shirai. I don't know what it was about her specifically that clicked for Vince, but as we saw with Kairi it wasn't that he cared less about the women's division, nobody snuck Asuka passed Vince while he wasn't paying attention, she was pretty much always kept strong except for a brief period after she lost to Flair where she lost to fuckin Carmella of all people

They've got the same exact problem with Luchadores, they've unmasked the biggest bulk of them that have come through and the ones who still have masks are treated like jobbers or jokes. Instead of creating this fabled new Rey Mysterio they opted to stall long enough they just got back Rey Mysterio and they're prepping his son up to be the next new star even though he looks like a very large dork without a mask or character.

Let's also add in some of the resentment that Vince has against indie darlings and guys under 6'4. There's just a couple anomalies in the WWE that have been given the chance to get over and stay at the top of the card and I think Vince would probably much rather have an 80's looking WWF roster full of roided out white beef muscle men, a couple racist caricatures, sprinkled with Bikini models like Sable and Sunny type valets that don't or barely wrestle.

The WWE isn't being wrote for fans of Wrestling, it's being wrote for an audience of Vince McMahon and we've seen over the last 15 years if he doesn't "get" it, that act isn't going to stick around for long unless they get so over that Vince thinks he can make money off them (Like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Becky Lynch)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The problem is Vince's approach is more likely to be along these lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDgjLf_rk4

Ricochet walks into an arena all happy, only to see it is Main Event

"Oh No--"

PTEWWWW!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think we're finally to the point where outside talent has seen what happens to the vast majority who sign long-term WWE deals and they'll say "no thanks".

Eventually the COVID stuff is gonna end and there will be indie shows again, and the workers who have been hustling nationwide their entire careers anyway will probably see higher paydays thanks to pent-up demand will tell NXT Paul "I've seen what this company does to hot indie workers and I'd rather just keep doing my own thing"

That's when it's gonna get fun.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Of course he wouldn't have succeeded in the WWE to begin with. He's Asian. Even if he'd made it on to Raw or SmackDown or whatever, all we'd get is him being expected to do "herro herro me Japaneesee herro herro" promos, and cringe-inducing haha-larious knee-slappingly funny skits where you get lovely poo poo jokes about loving sushi and ramen and poo poo. He'd be expected to say "herro herro me Hideo Itami, waarudo-faymasu ramen chef. I chop you up like sushi!" with a smile on his face, right?

Either that or he'd be an angry minority heel, because if there's anyone that is unreasonable and awful, it's a person of colour angry about the way they're treated. Remember Muhammed Hassan? "I'm an American of Arab ancestry, and people attack me and call me a terrorist." Yes, so very unreasonable. That poo poo disgusted me back then, and it disgusts me even more now.

And if the fucker gets over despite this, then hey, job him out to loving Jinder or something because then those fickle fans will have absolutely no choice BUT to cheer for our shitfuck flavour of the week champion, who'll then be pushed back down the card so quickly you'll even wonder if their title reign even happened to begin with.

gently caress this racist-rear end misogynistic company, and gently caress Vince, the avaricious poo poo. I hope that big WWE logo outside the building falls on him one day.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hope Vince gets eaten by the T-Rex skull in his office.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Ricochet walks into an arena all happy, only to see it is Main Event

"Oh No--"

PTEWWWW!

loving amazing.

Also, Adam Cole gets called up to the main roster for a big push, then walks into an office filled with Vince's plans for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edfZ0Z4is4&t=123s

Creative: We didn't have anything for him.
Regal: What does that mean?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"Tommy Gets Made" is basically the story of every NXT callup

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Jerusalem posted:

loving amazing.

Also, Adam Cole gets called up to the main roster for a big push, then walks into an office filled with Vince's plans for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edfZ0Z4is4&t=123s

Regal: What does that mean?

Now the guy's got Vince as a boss. Any problems, he goes to whoever Vince spoke to last. Trouble with the booking? He can go to Bruce. Trouble with the music, costumes, mic work, he can call Dunn or Triple H or any number of road agents that Vince might have given five minutes of time to in the last hour. But now the guy's gotta come up with Vince's cut of his Twitch or Cameo money every week, no matter what. Bad livestream? gently caress you, pay me. Oh, your account got locked because your hot wife was dressed too sexy one time? gently caress you, pay me. You can't wrestle any more because we eventually ruined your neck or knees or just broke your body down beyond repair and so this is now your main source of income, huh? gently caress you, pay me.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Every NXT callup is Billy Batts after the shinebox comment.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

We've got a comedy pyramid going

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

It's real simple. In their minds they own everybody who is under contract.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Neodoomium posted:

Mafia-rear end company

I think it is less to do with money. More to do with other human beings are exercising their autonomy and doing things that Vince cannot personally control.

The owning of their real names is an example of this. I think it's very much a "Stop doing things that YOU want to do. Do things MY way and that I can control. ME ME ME,! I don't like it when other people are allowed to be themselves and not who I want them to be."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's some kind of joke comparing the WWE and the US draft during the Vietnam War here, someone catch the lay-up

Vince absolutely thinks he's entitled to control the lives of everyone who works for him and the fans still around encourage the behavior by attacking anyone that's ever worked there and speaks badly against it. I know there's obnoxious fans from almost every single promotion out there but WWE has done more harm in the last 10 years to Wrestling than it has to help it and Vince would rather have the entire wrestling industry die with him by any means necessary than see any kind of legitimate competition or alternative to his brand in his life again.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 7, 2020

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lol on the last New Day Podcast, Kofi was super excited about his new Cameo.

Woods also mentioned that it took hours and hours to do his tribute to Ruby Rhod hair, only for someone to tell Vince and being told that it was too much and to undo it

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A million snitches and narcs in that company and zero good ideas

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's real simple. In their minds they own everybody who is under contract.

If they can't even push back against something this detrimental to them then there's no 'in their minds'. They do own them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Lol on the last New Day Podcast, Kofi was super excited about his new Cameo.

Woods also mentioned that it took hours and hours to do his tribute to Ruby Rhod hair, only for someone to tell Vince and being told that it was too much and to undo it

I believe it was something like "10 hours in the chair, 10 minutes of taking it all out" said in the most dejected tone.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

One day, Vince McMahon carried my tag team’s mallets all the way home from Saudi Arabia. You know why? It was outta respect

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vince: hey pal, how’s 10% of your cameo revenue sound as a perk for signing another 5 years?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

oldpainless posted:

Vince: hey pal, how’s 10% of your cameo revenue sound as a perk for signing another 5 years?

PTEWWW

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Trying to find a pic of the Ruby Rhod hair led me to this, which is the most delightful thing. Hotter Than July (and its cover art) is one of my favorite albums ever (even if Higher Ground is definitely not on it).

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1160747075283410946?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Uh oh

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1302722529744900101

And love to profit on a pandemic while failing to follow safety measures that infect dozens of staff with the virus

https://twitter.com/WWEShop/status/1302992528942272514

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not sure if I want to damage my hands with Trips' magic sword spray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not sure if I want to damage my hands with Trips' magic sword spray

Your cell walls will be punctured for at least 90 days