Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
That's useful, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah as a tribal it's vastly easier to steal your development from more develot places. It's +40 development progress in your capital every time it fires. But your leader must be leading the raiding army for it to fire.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Hryme posted:

The silver mine in Innsbruck gives +3 gold per month at the lowest upgrade level. It is just great. Is there any other really powerful special sites out there?

the wiki is up with all of them, annoyingly there isn't a easy way to see which ones have what in game though

the only ones worth note are the mining settlements, which are relatively cheap and explode in delicious money

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I did enjoy a bit of the old raiding in CK2 so development seems like a decent excuse to once I've grabbed all the land I can on my way to holding 3 holy sites.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

As a tribal, or at the very least as Norse, you can get development points in your capital from raiding. Sometimes you get an event that gives you a choice between some cash/prestige, or a big chunk of development progress in your capital.

Other than that, set your steward to the "develop county" task.

You only get these events if your leader is leading the raid army. I discovered this 200 years into my game as I was trying to kill my old king right before I switched from tribal to feudal :eng99:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Started as the County of Płock and in two generations I'm an Empire attempting to conquer the world!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Eej posted:

Started as the County of Płock and in two generations I'm an Empire attempting to conquer the world!

You should probably try taking Galicia next. You know, to avoid an opinion hit with your primary heir.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Woah, I didn't notice until now how much your standing with your realm priest matters for how much money they pay you. Going from +1 to +60 has increased his tax to me from .6 to 3.4. He's currently giving me over a third of the income of my entire realm's bishoprics.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tamba posted:

How bad of an idea is declaring war on the pope if you're catholic? Should I make my own religion first?

As long as your relationship with the Pope isn't super low it isn't that big of a deal. Just keep in mind that the Pope is usually rich as gently caress so he will likely hire mercenaries and field an army larger than what is listed on his character screen.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Can you set up an antipope in this yet?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Really declaring war on the Pope as a Catholic should cause him to call literally every other Catholic ruler into the war.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I don’t think so. Mod wise, it should not be much more complicated than duping an existing doctrine to get an identical Catholic heresy, right?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Can anyone recommend any decent YouTube Let's Plays? I'm hoping to find a campaign done with a good player who's able to explain what they're doing and why.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I wish there was an easy way to redistribute vassals so I was under my Vassal Limit. Although part of the problem is that I should have formed an empire by now since I have like 5-6 kingdom's worth of land.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Dreylad posted:

I wish there was an easy way to redistribute vassals so I was under my Vassal Limit. Although part of the problem is that I should have formed an empire by now since I have like 5-6 kingdom's worth of land.

give people duchies and all the de jure counts get given away too

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

FreudianSlippers posted:

Really declaring war on the Pope as a Catholic should cause him to call literally every other Catholic ruler into the war.

I mean, really, I think that would only make sense as a mechanic in a war to take Rome from the Pope. I'm not completely familiar with the history behind it, but I know the territory of the Papal States grew and shrank, and even in this game the Pope seems to desire the Duchy of Romagna for himself. Since you can only take your war goal(s) in this game, I don't think the entire catholic world would uproot themselves to get involved in a boundary dispute with the Duke of Spoleto or whatever.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah I was thinking mostly in wars to completely depose or replace the Pope though surely even minor aggression against god's representative on earth should at least make pious Catholics a bit annoyed.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Careful pissing off vengeful characters, they will never stop trying to get revenge. I raided some vengeful dude in Gwynedd 20 years ago, and he is still trying to murder me with schemes.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is there a mean time to fire for the Losing Weight gimmick to work?

I've had it for combined decades on different rulers and it's never happened.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arbite posted:

Never had it trigger either, and I played a multiplayer game where everyone tried running it when they got obese. Never triggered.

I think it might be bugged.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Travel times in the Middle East are a real son of a bitch huh

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Careful pissing off vengeful characters, they will never stop trying to get revenge. I raided some vengeful dude in Gwynedd 20 years ago, and he is still trying to murder me with schemes.

That actually owns incredibly hard and I'm gonna aggro vengeful characters when I want to kick the bucket from now on.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Arbite posted:

Depressingly realistic game mechanics.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I thought it was the "you used Feast too many times" malus

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Arbite posted:

I didn’t see it fire over dozens of years including 40 on one character who was also athletic. I’ve decided it’s either broken or takes so long to fire as to not be worth it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I don't know if it's related to the feast decision, but you seem to get it passively if your character has gluttonous.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Excelzior posted:

I thought it was the "you used Feast too many times" malus

That tracks, but still it shouldn't exist if there wasn't hope.

Also I got triple dipped losing levels of devotion when I acknowledged a bastard as Orthodox. I was supposed to lose one but went from almost an icon to dutiful.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is there like, some kind of realm tree I can look at to show who exactly is under who in my domain? The UK is loving LIT right now and I'm going through enough champions that I cant keep track of any of these people.

Also to be clear I've killed more champions than I lost so I consider it a win :colbert: seriously even loving Sweden is over here trying to get a piece and Ireland is entirely blue and red except Leinster somehow

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

very cool that the dynasty tree button turns into a "press here to crash the game" button after a while

e: it's alright I was just at 1300 from my 867 game I don't mind losing that ironman save :shepicide:

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 8, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Does True Christian Knight status exist in ck3?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I've lost two long, fun Ironman games to savegame corruption now. Is this happening frequently for anyone else? Is there anything I can do to make it happen less often?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I was running an observer game to check out the effects of a tweak I made to an event, and this couple in Germany caught my eye...

And yes, they've got children. Two sons.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrPop posted:

I've lost two long, fun Ironman games to savegame corruption now. Is this happening frequently for anyone else? Is there anything I can do to make it happen less often?

Can just make backups of the save if nothing else

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Azhais posted:

Can just make backups of the save if nothing else

Make backups of the already-corrupted save? Or while the game is in-progress? What would either accomplish?

they were cloud saves if that matters, idk if it's better to do local or cloud

DrPop fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 8, 2020

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there any way to direct where the Fylkirate title ends up? It appears to be pretty much stuck as sort of primogeniture, which is mighty inconvenient because that would mean having to kill or disinherit all my failsons, and their failsons to even have a chance of it ending up in the same place as the nephew that's guaranteed to win all other titles under Scandinavian Elective.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just that if you've got a backup maybe you can recover something. The cloud backups are just stored in the steam folder so they're as easy to copy as the non-cloud versions

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
On that note, sure would be nice to I don’t know maybe hold an ecumenical althing to tweak an already reformed religion as paganpope.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Okay, this is driving me crazy- is it possible to add a county that I own to a duchy controlled by a vassal? I feel like it should be there, but I don't see it on the county or duchy screens. I can just grant the vassal the title to the county, but I think that would just become a separate title he owns and not a part of his duchy? But maybe it wouldn't?

Edit: nvm, gave it to him and it became part of his duchy I guess.

Electro-Boogie Jack fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 8, 2020

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Goddamnit, I've had all the requirements to form India for several rulers now except the need to be the highest level of Devotion and I cannot for the life of me reach that within the life of one ruler. The best piety gain I got was +16 a month and was still 2000 Devotion away when he finally keeled over. You can wage a kingdom level holy war once per ruler and that still only gets you 150 points.

e: figured it out

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Is there a way to diplo-vassalize de jure dudes? Is it behind a lifestyle perk?