Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tony Phillips posted:

8 playoff teams and the AL still doesn't have anything resembling a race.

Can I get these odds on the Yankees not making the playoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
I am now a Blue Jays fan

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/1303143311532851200?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Good thing the Yankees changed pitching coaches so the whole entire loving bullpen that was good last year doesn't go completely to poo poo...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Must've been a good jump with a big lead and a slow delivery because Higashioka came up *firing* and even though Estrada cut a little short Vladdy was ahead of it. drat.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees seem to be dogshit.

I take back my earlier response to this statement. The Yankees are indeed dogshit.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

They should literally fire umps that do the exaggerated strikeout signs thing. Holy poo poo its obvious your narcissism is showing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jays are fun!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

coronavirus posted:

They should literally fire umps that do the exaggerated strikeout signs thing. Holy poo poo its obvious your narcissism is showing.

You're a big loving idiot

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
If your team is poo poo this year and you’re looking for a fun bandwagon, you could do worse than the 2020 Buffalo Blue Jays.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not gonna lie I might be more on board with the idea of the 2020 WS Champion Buffalo Blue Jays than I am the Cubs at this point.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/StatsBySTATS/status/1303158612743815168

lol goddamn

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/longleysunsport/status/1303184973814521857

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is a new excuse for sucking. It’s usually that you’re tipping pitches.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Laughing at Chad Green/Adam Ottavino combining for 9 ERs and getting one out

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Well it's a good thing 9 of the Yankees last 19 are vs the Blue Jays including 6 more in Buffalo.

Orioles now 1.5 games back of the Yankees.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

spanky69 posted:

Well it's a good thing 9 of the Yankees last 19 are vs the Blue Jays including 6 more in Buffalo.

Orioles now 1.5 games back of the Yankees.

It literally doesn’t matter who they are playing. They can’t beat anyone.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yankees are now under the Buffalo Curse

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Maybe they should just coat their fingers with thermoluminescent paint. Signs lit by ballsack heat.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

Yankees are now under the Buffalo Curse

I'm ok with it really.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:qq:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

coronavirus posted:

lol what the hell

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Zigmidge posted:

You're a big loving idiot

You used to ump, didn't ya?

Gimme laser strike zones and gimme them now.

bewbies posted:

lol what the hell

What is going on today? Is this bizarro land where people actually like the exaggerated dragon ball z punch strikeout call? I definitely trust the ump to call balls and strikes fairly when they get off in calling people out in the most grandstanding way.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

coronavirus posted:

Strong unwritten rules energy in this post

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

coronavirus posted:

What is going on today? Is this bizarro land where people actually like the exaggerated dragon ball z punch strikeout call? I definitely trust the ump to call balls and strikes fairly when they get off in calling people out in the most grandstanding way.

In thinking about it I'd say I do indeed like the theatrical punchout, although I can't say I've ever given it much thought let alone been seriously upset by it.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

coronavirus posted:

I definitely trust the ump to call balls and strikes fairly when they get off in calling people out in the most grandstanding way.

https://twitter.com/GOCPBL/status/1289809687458615296?s=20

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like whichever ump yells ZIG-TWAHHH like the green power ranger

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Bregor posted:

Strong unwritten rules energy in this post

Theres nothing more in the game I like better than the Acuna's and such of the world hitting massive dongs and strutting their poo poo around the bases.

Nothing about the baseball cops doing exaggerated karate chops is cool. If anything, any of the dumb ump stuff is "written rules" energy.

bewbies posted:

In thinking about it I'd say I do indeed like the theatrical punchout, although I can't say I've ever given it much thought let alone been seriously upset by it.

I'm sure I'm just having flashbacks to some really outside strikeout call in the 2019 WS or something.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it was cool when you could tell Jim Joyce was umpiring a game without even needing to look at the screen

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I dont mind umps doing that stuff at all and every now and then you get an ump doing it on strike 2 or something and he looks like a big ol doofus.

I say we just get rid of the bad umps that are bad at their job instead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coronavirus posted:

What is going on today? Is this bizarro land where people actually like the exaggerated dragon ball z punch strikeout call?

I think bizarro land is where the people who don't like it are tbqh

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I want a strikeout where the pitcher shoots an arrow, the catcher spikes the ball, and the umpire does a little breakdance ala Naked Gun. Is that too much to ask?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
oh god we don't have any pitchers
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1303331245900943366?s=20

also why didn't Culberson get basically any time with Camargo playing like poo poo and Hechevarria not much better

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
i'd rather all umps behave like frank drebin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyghaQMO5HQ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mike_V posted:

i'd rather all umps behave like frank drebin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyghaQMO5HQ

Hey, it's Enrico Palazzo!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/StoneLarry/status/1303162947733086208

Both of these paths are... ideal.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Poque posted:

I like whichever ump yells ZIG-TWAHHH like the green power ranger

I like it when they sound like they are trying to lift a pallet of bricks with their back while suffering from a hernia.

"HOUUGHHHHH"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

coronavirus posted:

You used to ump, didn't ya?

Gimme laser strike zones and gimme them now.

Its the only good thing umps do and the only compelling case for no robo umps.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Its the only good thing umps do and the only compelling case for no robo umps.

It's a legitimate argument to keep human umps after robo umps are in play. Just have them act out the call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

elentar posted:

oh god we don't have any pitchers
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1303331245900943366?s=20

also why didn't Culberson get basically any time with Camargo playing like poo poo and Hechevarria not much better

Isn’t fried their only starting pitcher