Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a gold Keymaster Alabaster, that's a safe dust right?

Sloppy posted:

bitch please

It's the only good Hearthstone left at this point.

I see you have surrendered your will to the Kabal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Acerbatus posted:

I got a gold Keymaster Alabaster, that's a safe dust right?

unless you believe in Trump's control Warrior garbage, yes

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Does anyone have any Shaman decks that are fun and can get around a 40% win rate? I love Shaman and am close to a golden one, so I'm hoping to ride the bonus stars with it to Diamond and a gold hero. Don't care if it's great, just as long as it's fun and hits over 35%.

Edit: Looking to use something more intricate than Totem Shaman, and I have all Shaman legendaries except Vashj.

I'm assuming you're not interested in the Quest Pen Flinger deck, soooo

I encountered a Dragon Control deck immediately after the nerfs were announced. It was close to this https://hsreplay.net/decks/OtjlMEYf1M8CucaLHHjYu/ but had Groundskeepers, Witch's Brew, and Earthquake among other things.

There was also someone in Top10 legend playing some weird meme Shaman stuff, but I didn't see enough to get a decklist.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Does anyone have any Shaman decks that are fun and can get around a 40% win rate? I love Shaman and am close to a golden one, so I'm hoping to ride the bonus stars with it to Diamond and a gold hero. Don't care if it's great, just as long as it's fun and hits over 35%.

Edit: Looking to use something more intricate than Totem Shaman, and I have all Shaman legendaries except Vashj.

Kibler has been uploading games of a midrange dragon shaman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMcvFBkdq20
There are various versions of battlecry quest floating about, highlander and normal

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Thanks Anaconda and Beens! I went ahead and crafted Vashj for the midrange Dragon deck since it looked fun. Will definitely look into Quest Highlander and for the big spell version soon.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Did somebody say meme shaman?

### What the Muck
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 1x (2) Witch's Brew
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (4) Hex
# 1x (4) The Fist of Ra-den
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Hagatha's Scheme
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (8) Plagued Protodrake
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
#
AAECAaoIBMWZA9+pA+a3A4/OAw2UA/UE/gWyBq2RA4+UA9u4A5O5A/O7A+DMA83OA6zUA/DUAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Soiled Meat

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

### What the Muck
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (2) Witch's Brew
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
#
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Hell yeah, saw RegisKillbin running this deck and it can out druid druid.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
### Totem Shaman
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (0) Totemic Might
# 2x (0) Totemic Surge
# 2x (1) Storm's Wrath
# 2x (1) Surging Tempest
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) EVIL Totem
# 2x (2) Trick Totem
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Totemic Reflection
# 2x (4) Splitting Axe
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Totem Goliath
# 2x (6) Runic Carvings
#
AAECAZu1AwAPgQS+BpMJnaMD2qUD+aUDta0Dtq0D27gDlrkDm80DltEDptEDt9ID8NQDAA==
#

Probably not good enough for the Legend grind, but this deck got me to Diamond 5 and is a blast to play. There's nothing quite like having 4+ Trick Totems at once.

Edit: Bleh, can't read and didn't see you weren't looking for totems. Still fun though!

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 6, 2020

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

### What the Muck
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (2) Witch's Brew
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
#
#

This is good content

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wild actually has a competitively viable Big Shaman deck in the meta, FWIW.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

just hit legend for the first time using this deck:

### POKE IT
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Freezing Trap
# 1x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 1x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Voracious Reader
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
#
AAECAZ/DAwaHBMkEn6UDh7ADpLkD9tYDDKgCtQP+DPuvA/yvA/+6A9zMA5vNA6LOA4LQA8bRA7nSAwA=
#

the secret is to go for face. thanks to whoever posted it a few days ago.

EDIT: my final boss was a mage with a really bizarre deck that had a bunch of khartut defenders so i just stopped playing minions until i drew kill command to just finish them off that way.

Too Many Birds fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 6, 2020

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

I switched out goody two shields for bronze explorer in my libram deck after someone here posted about it, and it really is massive upgrade to the deck.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Soiled Meat
Oh man, people just are not prepared for Face Hunter unless it's the first of the month.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Bastastic posted:

I switched out goody two shields for bronze explorer in my libram deck after someone here posted about it, and it really is massive upgrade to the deck.

Same, but I also swapped out Lightforged Crusaders for Gift of Luminance x2 (I don't have High Abbess). The dream is to reclaim librams when a minion gets sapped or silenced. I don't know if it's "good" but it is satisfying. Crusaders seem too slow/random for me. Seems I usually have too many cards in hand to play one.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

### What the Muck
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (2) Witch's Brew
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
#
#

This is so much fun. Thanks!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Hell yeah, saw RegisKillbin running this deck and it can out druid druid.

It’s slightly different, I swapped 2x something for 2x lightning storm for all the rogues and hunters

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Bastastic posted:

It really is the little chip healing can help a lot (not enough against aggro decks) and the extra discover dragons help vs slower decks. I also cut out one of the lightforge crusaders because it just felt so loving slow against aggro decks and against slower decks I never have enough room in my hand to play it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s slightly different, I swapped 2x something for 2x lightning storm for all the rogues and hunters

Those Lightning Storms have saved my rear end over and over. Good call.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Been playing a bit of the “impure Paladin” deck that’s been going around, and first impressions are great. It just creates walls of taunts with big stats and heals to recover from all the early game Aggro. Had it run both a face hunter and Aggro rogue completely out of gas to where I could just slam them in the face for two turns to win. It’s also not as mindless as pure Paladin, which is really nice.

### LiBroom Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 1x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (2) Sandwasp Queen
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 1x (4) High Abbess Alura
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (6) Devout Pupil
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAYsWBoqaA5amA4TBA5/NA5PQA8PRAwz7AfYHlaYDyrgD/bgD6rkD67kD7LkDysEDlc0Dns0DwNEDAA==
#

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

paid money to post posted:

Same, but I also swapped out Lightforged Crusaders for Gift of Luminance x2 (I don't have High Abbess). The dream is to reclaim librams when a minion gets sapped or silenced. I don't know if it's "good" but it is satisfying. Crusaders seem too slow/random for me. Seems I usually have too many cards in hand to play one.

Aaod posted:

It really is the little chip healing can help a lot (not enough against aggro decks) and the extra discover dragons help vs slower decks. I also cut out one of the lightforge crusaders because it just felt so loving slow against aggro decks and against slower decks I never have enough room in my hand to play it.

Two lightforge crusaders is too much but I would always want to run one, since about 50-60% of my matchups are slow now. It's been a lifesaver for me many times.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
encountered a Big Warrior, with Vargoth and Commencement and so on, which also ran Restless Mummy :pwn: wasn't Discovered or anything

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bastastic posted:

Two lightforge crusaders is too much but I would always want to run one, since about 50-60% of my matchups are slow now. It's been a lifesaver for me many times.

I've seen people floating the idea of swapping a Lightforge Crusader for Tirion and I can see it; it fulfills the same "big drop with value" role while having more immediate board impact. And the 5/3 weapon can help you race for lethal. I still keep both Crusaders because I'm greedy like that (and because I have a brainworm that makes me dislike the idea of running singles of a non-legendary card :v:) but I probably should at least try it out.

Priests are kind of more common now too, and that's the one matchup where you usually want Crusader.

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

If you have two I imagine you'll easily end up having two in your hand at the same time and 5+ cards, making that two dead cards. I have always used one because the deck I initially copied from hsreplay used one, so it's not something I've figured out on my own. You're right about priests though. Tirion is a good replacement, I use Turalyon in my deck which I prefer right now against priests and warriors, but I can easily see myself switching to Tirion depending on how clairvoyant I'm feeling about the meta.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
This might not be the greatest deck in the world but it is hilarious.

### mecharogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Shiv
# 2x (2) Skyvateer
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (5) Anka, the Buried
# 1x (5) Myra's Unstable Element
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (10) Mecha'thun
#
AAEBAaIHBO0F5/oC8fsChKYDDbQB+wHNA70EmwWIB6QHhgn1uwKbtgOqywOVzQPHzgMA
#

Use anka to discount mechathun. Burn through your deck. Combo is mechathun /broomstick /secret passage to clear hand, then suicide your board in the correct order.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Am I crazy for thinking Amber watcher might be a tech option if you run into a lot of aggro as pure paladin?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Aaod posted:

Am I crazy for thinking Amber watcher might be a tech option if you run into a lot of aggro as pure paladin?

You are not. I tend to play a lot of aggro when I am on ladder and whenever a paladin gets amber watcher off lightforged crusader it's a backbreaker.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

fanny packrat posted:

You are not. I tend to play a lot of aggro when I am on ladder and whenever a paladin gets amber watcher off lightforged crusader it's a backbreaker.

That is what I figured because when I play pure if I get lucky and discount my heal libram enough that is frequently enough to eek out a win vs aggro if I can discount it to 6 or so and amber watcher is 5 albeit without a taunt.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Aaod posted:

Nope not crazy, this was also the recommendation from the vS report, you replace the Argent Braggarts with them to taste.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I cannot for the life of me play the only currently decent warrior deck and pain lock is suicidal against all the aggro out. This meta sucks. :saddowns:

Trying pure paladin, Turalyon might be good against druids and in mirrors.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 8, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

AnacondaHL posted:

Nope not crazy, this was also the recommendation from the vS report, you replace the Argent Braggarts with them to taste.

Amber Watching healing minions makes it pretty stellar once you start getting big bodies on the board, you can make some real high value trades if you need to.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

The Yoinks Priest posted earlier in the thread is sweet, hopefully the Acolyte nerf doesn't hurt too bad. Just rolled from Bronze something or other to D5 with a 63% win rate. The worst matchups were stealth Rogue and spellpower Mage.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
What's a "good" rating for battlegrounds? It's basically the only thing that holds my attention and I'm not super great at it, but I want to know how I fall.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Olpainless posted:

This might not be the greatest deck in the world but it is hilarious.

### mecharogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Shiv
# 2x (2) Skyvateer
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (5) Anka, the Buried
# 1x (5) Myra's Unstable Element
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (10) Mecha'thun
#
AAEBAaIHBO0F5/oC8fsChKYDDbQB+wHNA70EmwWIB6QHhgn1uwKbtgOqywOVzQPHzgMA
#

Use anka to discount mechathun. Burn through your deck. Combo is mechathun /broomstick /secret passage to clear hand, then suicide your board in the correct order.
This is actually pretty solid. The final Mecha combo costing only 3 mana gives it a lot of wriggle room and Secret Passage allowing you to hoard cards right into the combo is powerful defensively.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Silly Newbie posted:

What's a "good" rating for battlegrounds? It's basically the only thing that holds my attention and I'm not super great at it, but I want to know how I fall.

Just guesstimating here, but I think the absolute best players are somewhere in the 12k-13k+ range now. I would say players who play to win in general are in the 8-10k range. I hover around 7k because I don’t pay enough attention and mess around with builds. But this kind of rating system is also sort of a function of how much you play, you can creep up slowly to a high rating just playing a ton (if you are doing fundamentally solid things) and banking 4th places.

I would also guess that like 90% of the player base are at like 5k or below.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Flayer posted:

This is actually pretty solid. The final Mecha combo costing only 3 mana gives it a lot of wriggle room and Secret Passage allowing you to hoard cards right into the combo is powerful defensively.
I'm going to change my opinion to that this deck is fully sick. I've yet to lose a game with it and some of the insane bullshit Mechathun kills I've pulled off have been downright dirty and hilarious. Turn 8 has been my earliest kill so far but pretty sure you could knock that down to turn 6 with a super good draw.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Flayer posted:

I'm going to change my opinion to that this deck is fully sick. I've yet to lose a game with it and some of the insane bullshit Mechathun kills I've pulled off have been downright dirty and hilarious. Turn 8 has been my earliest kill so far but pretty sure you could knock that down to turn 6 with a super good draw.

I think that Hemet might actually be worth it as well as an extra deck thin option in hindsight, but yeah, I revise my claim to it being not very good to being a potential good thing.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Is it your deck? It's very good. I'm not sure if Hemet works though because 2 of the 3 combo pieces are 1 mana and most games I found myself needing one of those pieces to complete the combo. Hemet would certainly allow some pretty unstoppable turn 6-8 kills if you got Secret Passage, Broomstick and Hemet in the first few turns but probably less consistent overall.
Worth trying out tho, instead of maybe one of the Saps.

I also thought about using Vanish as a tech card against aggro but the wild meta seems pretty hellbent on value and outlasting at the moment. Perfect fodder for Mechathun...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Olpainless posted:

I think that Hemet might actually be worth it as well as an extra deck thin option in hindsight, but yeah, I revise my claim to it being not very good to being a potential good thing.

That’s the magic of Wild: there are so many cards that went from being useless pack filler in their time to cornerstones of decks years down the line.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Flayer posted:

Is it your deck? It's very good. I'm not sure if Hemet works though because 2 of the 3 combo pieces are 1 mana and most games I found myself needing one of those pieces to complete the combo. Hemet would certainly allow some pretty unstoppable turn 6-8 kills if you got Secret Passage, Broomstick and Hemet in the first few turns but probably less consistent overall.
Worth trying out tho, instead of maybe one of the Saps.

I also thought about using Vanish as a tech card against aggro but the wild meta seems pretty hellbent on value and outlasting at the moment. Perfect fodder for Mechathun...

It is. Yeah, in hindsight I'm not quite sure hemet would be right either... Just anyways want more cards gone quick with this thing!

I tend to find the deck really depends on drawing the auctioneers to be able to rip through the deck more than anything, but yeah, at I'm playing it now, I think I've actually stumbled onto a core of a good deck. Being able to wipe your hand so easily is a hidden strength of secret passage. I'd tried anka and mechathun decks in the past, but not being able to clear hands made it almost impossible to trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yeah, the Secret Passage nerf is only a small one to this deck. Slightly less options when digging out draw with the second passage in the deck but that's all.