Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bape Culture posted:

Woah holy poo poo how did I miss this? Absolute madness

Fingers crossed. Your chariot is fuckin perfect, I'm not sure how I missed you putting a CF roof on it

meatpimp posted:

I saw that last night and forgot to comment. That much power in a Miata is a riot. I miss mine.

Its never too late :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The end of nice weather season is rapidly approaching. Got a chance to put some miles on and hit the nature preserve this weekend.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

That's rad looking. Dig it.

God drat. This needs to be on the current page.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Somewhat Heroic posted:

As a BMW fanboy it makes me crazy how ugly the design language has been and to constantly have longing eyes for what Audi is doing.

This is the best looking sedan available and they are monstrously fast. :ck5:

It’s comical how receptive the DAZA engine is to mods. ECU/TCU tunes, downpipe, intercooler, intake, E85 and you’re pushing 600whp all day. And it’s DD-able!

Don’t even get me started on the poo poo Iroz Motorsport has going on coming out of Las Vegas. Those cars are loving freaks.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is so beautiful it is breaking my brain. Audi really does have design cornered. gently caress. It is perfect.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bape Culture posted:

Woah holy poo poo how did I miss this? Absolute madness

BlackMK4 posted:

If all goes according to plan I'll have a different track toy by next weekend and the S2000 will be headed back to a more street friendly form

Miata is always the answer. Ex-S1 SuperMiata. ~2200lb, 220whp flat tune on low boost with the ability to turn it up to somewhere around 350whp on E85. I put a deposit down, heading out to California to pick it up Thursday.

I too missed this among the jewel-toned and well-photo'd cars. Holy poo poo, that sounds terrifying yet wonderful in an NA, that's got to feel about like a F1 car. if it's in the LA area let me know, would like to see this beast in person/show you a couple roads to test it on...

All these pics are making me want to wash my car bigly but it's going to be stupidly hot for the next 5 days

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Holy poo poo, that sounds terrifying yet wonderful in an NA, that's got to feel about like a F1 car.

That's an NB, but I'm sure it's still terrifying.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
New project. 1979 Cherokee Chief
Plan is to do the little bit of bodywork it needs (only 2 spots of rust on rear fenders) then this winter the engine comes out and depending on what I find either I'll rebuild the 360 or do a swap.
I've actually had it for a while, ran up to Colorado and trailered it back to NM the week before Covid shut down both states but I was working on the '47 CJ2A you can see and my 73 Super Beetle to get both ready to sell.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tindjin posted:

Plan is to do the little bit of bodywork it needs (only 2 spots of rust on rear fenders) then this winter the engine comes out and depending on what I find either I'll rebuild the 360 or do a swap.
I've actually had it for a while, ran up to Colorado and trailered it back to NM the week before Covid shut down both states but I was working on the '47 CJ2A you can see and my 73 Super Beetle to get both ready to sell.

That owns. Too bad it's a smog year. Friend of mine has a '74 wagoneer in the same color, but I'm really liking the 2-door shape here. I didn't know they had 2-door FSJ wagons.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I love the RS3, but I was astonished to learn that at the price point it had completely manual seats. I'm still annoyed that my fiance's TTS doesn't have memory for the seats.

That being said, if I didn't feel compelled to maker my next car purchase an EV I think I would really enjoy the RS3.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Ether Frenzy posted:

I too missed this among the jewel-toned and well-photo'd cars. Holy poo poo, that sounds terrifying yet wonderful in an NA, that's got to feel about like a F1 car. if it's in the LA area let me know, would like to see this beast in person/show you a couple roads to test it on...

All these pics are making me want to wash my car bigly but it's going to be stupidly hot for the next 5 days

Unfortunately, it isn't plated / streetable as-is. I can plate it here in Arizona, but it needs some headlights (gutted now), stock mirrors (has convex mirrors attached to the cage), and collectors insurance (no emissions) since it is on a Haltech ECU :smith:

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
:flashfap:

Please tell us if you go down the path of power mods so I can live vicariously through you

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BlackMK4 posted:

Unfortunately, it isn't plated / streetable as-is. I can plate it here in Arizona, but it needs some headlights (gutted now), stock mirrors (has convex mirrors attached to the cage), and collectors insurance (no emissions) since it is on a Haltech ECU :smith:

You can probably get away with 2 of the three here but.."I didn't know my headlights didn't exist oh and also that's a race ECU" is a no-go in Emissionsland. That's too bad. That car looks insane, congrats on another wild one.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tindjin posted:

Yessssssss

AI needs more FSJs. I actually just got my LQ4 swapped FSJ running and driving, same reason, seized up 360.

E: oh hey here is my ride, now that it is not immobile yard art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6yWNhFtOk4

kastein fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 8, 2020

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So badass. And another reason to love AI. Just look at the cars over the past 2 pages. Completely different categories and aesthetics. And all awesome.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

MetaJew posted:

I love the RS3, but I was astonished to learn that at the price point it had completely manual seats. I'm still annoyed that my fiance's TTS doesn't have memory for the seats.

That being said, if I didn't feel compelled to maker my next car purchase an EV I think I would really enjoy the RS3.

I wonder if it's for weight savings? I think the M2CS is like that

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

1982 F100 towed the R1 Locost out to the local drift/kart track for some lapping yesterday morning.

Truck details - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=106767&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post480250040
Locost details - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=106767&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post487153997

:getin: perfect

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Gratuitous rear end shot because why the gently caress not.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

don't stop, I'm almost there

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

4 wheels burnout time :twisted:

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Theophany posted:

I’m unable to contain my excitement with all the recent 4-ring hotness.

I’d like to know more… :agesilaus:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I have a problem

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Now you just need a Solstice / Sky.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BlackMK4 posted:

I have a problem

Yeah, looks like you might need more garage for the next one.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, looks like you might need more garage for the next one.
If they're progressing left to right they'll need a hangar :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yall both right, I need more garage. Also, the S2000 has a wing too, I just don't leave that trunk on it since I drive the car to work occasionally. I'm starting to part out all of the expensive stuff and it'll be pretty streetcar again.

Charles posted:

Now you just need a Solstice / Sky.

Don't tempt me, some local dude has one of the ex-race cars and it is pretty quick.

FWIW, I'd never even sat in a Miata before I bought this. It feels like a tin-can compared to the S2000, but there is surprisingly more cockpit area room since the transmission tunnel is smaller/lower, the steering shaft is smaller, and the doors are gutted.

Need to dyno it for classing, figure out a quiet exhaust option (it is vbanded near the rear diff), and clean it up a bit. I have six events back to back in Oct/Nov.

Longer term it'll get BMW MK60 ABS and an electric steering column.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 11, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BlackMK4 posted:

Longer term it'll get BMW MK60 ABS and an electric steering column.

Oh, now I’m really interested.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Easy Theo, god drat.

Also - get it tuned, loser.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Needed a flu shot for work yesterday and it was gorgeous.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

thealphabetsez posted:

I’m unable to contain my excitement with all the recent 4-ring hotness.

I’d like to know more… :agesilaus:

All the motoring journalist cliches of 'grip for days' and 'facebending acceleration' are all true. A lot of people prefer the E63 wagon, but I'm not a fan of the looks/interior personally.

GramCracker posted:

Easy Theo, god drat.

Also - get it tuned, loser.

Every time I open the Litchfield website I can hear the sound of the car's warranty laughing. :shepspends:

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

We had a delivery last night

It's a 1970 with a 455 swapped in from a 1975 with unknown modifications. Obvious modifications to the car itself are the formula hood, t-tops, shaved door handles.

It's been pretty much sitting for 15 years. My father in law impulse bought it in on eBay after he and my wife watched Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, and we've been joking half-seriously about adopting it from him for the last 10 of those years. When my next door neighbor sold his house and offered to sell his lift to us for cheap, my wife asked her father if he'd send the car to us if we had a lift. So we bought a lift that came with a Firebird, essentially.

Known things we need to look at / address:
- tires are ancient and need to be replaced
- probably needs a new starter and maybe a new ring gear / flywheel; makes a real bad screeching noise if you try to start it too quickly
- takes a serious amount of throttle to get started and real good bit of warming up to idle consistently
- there's a wiring issue with the door release on the driver side; only the passenger side opens reliably and the driver side will sometimes open itself (hooray)

At any rate, excited to have a stupidly loud car that I am actually comfortable working on, and a nice space in which to do so, even if it will be the slowest of our vehicles.

Steve French fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 15, 2020

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It may be 'slow' but gently caress that's cool

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If you are going to replace the starter throw a mini starter on it. The way the headers run on the Pontiac v8 the starter can stop working from get soak. Also enjoy those parts prices :v:

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

BigPaddy posted:

If you are going to replace the starter throw a mini starter on it. The way the headers run on the Pontiac v8 the starter can stop working from get soak. Also enjoy those parts prices :v:

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that. I'll be honest since this has mostly fallen into my lap, I have no idea if the parts price comment is sarcastic or not.

...can't possibly be more expensive than parts for the RS4...right?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

There are parts out there for Pontiac v8s but they are not cheap. Since the gen 2 firebird is just a gen 2 camero with a different nose you will be good for everything else.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Holy poo poo that Firebird

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I never know how to feel about shaved door handles. I mean, I like technology, but on the other hand, I like simplicity and originality, and for stuff not to break.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Charles posted:

I never know how to feel about shaved door handles. I mean, I like technology, but on the other hand, I like simplicity and originality, and for stuff not to break.

It's sort of funny to me; I think the newer electronic door handles on Teslas and the like are absurd. But I can't hate the same problem on this. Maybe partially because if it just broke forever I'd probably be okay with only ever driving it with the t-tops removed and windows down anyway.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I'm somewhat inclined to start a thread (probably slow moving, kids are a thing), to selfishly see how many of you I can trick into helping me figure poo poo out and fix things on it. Interest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Steve French posted:

I'm somewhat inclined to start a thread (probably slow moving, kids are a thing), to selfishly see how many of you I can trick into helping me figure poo poo out and fix things on it. Interest?

hell yeah brother.

:justpost:

edit: I started mine to share and hopefully give back some entertainment to the community, and it ends up being a fun way to create a diary of your project.