Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1705
Here's the SAclopedia entry, it says March 2009. Remember for links in Saclopedia with "&" in them you have to change "&" to "&". You might need to quote me to see what I'm saying cause the forum will convert it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

El_Elegante posted:

get a knife block

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Moon Slayer posted:

New thread title when I get home.

Heath posted:

Ham Incorporated is a good username

Mods, pleaseeee... :kiddo:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

I remember that gentle giganto. Night clerking can be scary, and it would have been very nice to be physically intimidating when I did that job

If I remember right, he had a job later as an orderly at some kind of psychiatric hospital for underage kids. He did an Ask/Tell thread on it that was about as sad as you'd expect it to be as someone helping those kids. :smith:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

quote:

CARROLL VALLEY Ian T. Chesnick, 24, on March 5, 2009, passed from this life and is continuing his journey into the great beyond. He was born December 7, 1984, in Pittsburgh, the son of A. Scott and Sharon Soderquist Chesnick of Carroll Valley. Ian was a member of St. John Lutheran Church in Fairfield. He was a Resident Night Staff member at the Hoffman Home for Youth and was a longtime "Liftee" at Ski Liberty. He attended courses at the FAES School at the National Institutes of Health. He was an avid computer gamer with contacts around the country. Ian voiced one of the aliens in the Halo videogame franchise. Mr. Chesnick was also a Medieval Artisan who participated in Renaissance Faires in the area. In addition to his parents, he is survived by a maternal grandmother, Hazel Soderquist of Gibsonia; two sisters, Ingrid Graves and her husband, Andrew of Blue Ridge Summit, and Ilsa Chesnick of Carroll Valley; as well as numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 21, 2009 at Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, Fairfield, with the Rev. Dale Williams officiating. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to The Ian T Chesnick Memorial Scholarship Fund- c/o S. Chesnick 8 Champion Trail Fairfield, PA 17320.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Kaptain K stands for Kinky, I guess. That or Kapital Offense.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

ZerglingMinor

e: also having done the same loving job at manlet smol ben size, goddam would he have been a good coworker

In awe at the size of this lad

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

In awe at the size of this lad

One of the original absolute units.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Inceltown posted:

One of the original absolute units.
The Ur-Goon. We are sad echoes of his majesty

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Giants roamed the forums in those days

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Came across this and had to repost. In which a goon randomly marries her literal stalker:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909673&userid=116393#post501870628

bradzilla has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Sep 7, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Came across this and had to repost. In which a goon randomly marries her literal stalker:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909673&userid=116393#post501870628

Yikes. That person does not seem balanced at all.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just get sent to the first post when I click

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bradzilla posted:

It's hard to parse but it seems like it was also part of some global ARG game she was involved with? And she stole all his game loot as well?

Seems like a LARPing thing, the people who get deep into that, WoD specifically, tend to lose their understanding of the differences between the real and the fake world.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, hopefully everything turned out OK.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I somehow ran across that in real-time, I think it's the earliest :wtf: moment I specifically remember in the cursed YOOL 2020.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
ZerglingMinor was on top of everything else a genuinely great dude and it sucks he died.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

ZerglingMinor was on top of everything else

He really sat around the house!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Someone made a A/Tthread about Larping nearly ruining their life years back. It goes real deep into how Larping attracts a lot of socially vunerable people as well as abusers.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735668

quote:

I played in a few different LARPs. World of Darkness was the main one, and it’s the focus of this stuff.

quote:

The former was grim. We all knew the dude would cheat on his wife - one Halloween at a party, he showed us a video of him proposing to his wife (she was still living out of state). He proposed at a con, of course. Anyway, while the video was playing, I saw him in a corner of another room licking some other chick's neck. Classy. So we knew he'd do it, we just didn't think he'd be stupid enough to do it AT GAME. And this was a big regional game so there were 30-40 people there. He and the girl snuck into another room (that was still part of the game space) and his wife opened the door and there they were in all their glory. It was an enormous scandal because he and his wife were super high up on the LARP echelon and they both had to immediately quit the organization over the shitstorm that followed.

quote:

Dude, one girl was notorious for offering her body in exchange rides to game. It really, really is like a drug addiction. You lose all semblance of dignity.

quote:

The girl giving the Blow-J's was doing it out-of-character, and she was never confronted. People talked about it, everyone knew it was happening right there, but no one in 'authority' addressed it with her. And that's standard. And one of the reasons it was so toxic. Again, because Lifers are so bloody afraid to stir the pot lest their membership be revoked and their addiction hampered, it was the most non-confrontational culture I've ever seen.

quote:

For about six years, I had a routine - whenever I noticed a LARP dude was paying some attention to me, I would 'innocently' and companionably invite him to make character ties with mine. It was always in-character stuff; I wasn't interested in reality. I wanted to get my fix in the place where I felt the most beautiful, powerful (seductive) and worthwhile. So, we'd start building character ties. After a bit, I could tell whether or not they would be what I needed: someone who'd fall completely for me, to the point of obsession/worship. It was going to take a lot of attention and praise to sate me, so it had to be that deep level of besotted-ness. If they looked like they were headed that way, I'd start RPing with them online a lot, and doing side-scenes at game alone with them. Nothing physical and, sometimes, not even really romantic or sexual. But a immediate source of attention and validation I could tap any moment I started feeling worthless or ugly.

quote:

My final 'conquest' was a guy ten years younger than me (he was legal) who had joined the group with his wife. They'd been married less than a year. He became so obsessed, he followed me places. He was also very, very bad at discretion. We got found out, first about the in-character cybering, then his wife found the out-of-character chats we'd done. She left him.

quote:

Once, our local group was invited to play at a game in another city nearby. In the Cam, traveling to play in other cities was a big part of things, so we did it a lot. We hadn't been to that game in a while, but the folks who'd played there before said it was a solid game, so we gathered ourselves and headed out there.

It was being held in someone's tiny house. No AC in summer. There were about fifteen of us, so we really crowded the site. The whole place smelled like cat piss. The house itself was filthy. Our Domain (term for a city's LARP group) wasn't prissy, but it was a little offputting. Then, I noticed that there was fetish stuff hung up all over the walls. Framed photos of BDSM acts and whips and whatnot. All over the house. Ok, not exactly what I'd display in my home, but whatever. But THEN, a little boy came out into the living room. That was really uncomfortable. He's blinking at us all innocently next to a picture of someone with their nipples clamped.

And the hostess of the game walks in from the back yard and yells at the kid and grabs him and yanks him down the hall, shrieking at him. We heard him crying and we're pretty sure she was spanking the gently caress out of him. And I was like 'Ok, I'm done'. And it seems the whole Domain had the same thought because we all seemed to file out of the house at once. Went back to my place and finished the night gaming there.

These are just from the OP, but the thread is full of posters talking about their experiences with larping.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, hopefully everything turned out OK.

They haven't posted since Jan 24 so given that it was a goon project they've been murdered and are rotting in a swamp now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:sigh: Some loves can never be...

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Does anyone have that guy who had a meltdown about chessex dice not being perfectly random saved? The A/T thread appears to be gone and there's a very relevant thread happening in tradgames.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Some Goon posted:

Does anyone have that guy who had a meltdown about chessex dice not being perfectly random saved? The A/T thread appears to be gone and there's a very relevant thread happening in tradgames.

there are still three unread posts showing for me which I need a mod to reveal ASAP

Also they should at least quote all the posts related to dice testing that don’t incriminate the op

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Well, that GBS lowtax thread sure went bad fast. Never seen a thread before where mods have gone in to blank a poster and remove it from quotes as well.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Were they the lowtax/logan’s foot photos? They weren’t obscene, it just wasn’t the kind of drama you’d want to host on the internet between two parties involved in a criminal action. The photo itself was very funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Those photos may not be obscene but they're gross in several different and distinct ways and I don't want to see them at breakfast time or indeed at all.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Santana faces

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

El_Elegante posted:

Were they the lowtax/logan’s foot photos? They weren’t obscene, it just wasn’t the kind of drama you’d want to host on the internet between two parties involved in a criminal action. The photo itself was very funny.

No, it was Logan posting that Lowtax is renting his house and car and hookers.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
the yikesaroo thread or a different one?

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

the yikesaroo thread or a different one?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938817

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Her reg date was also changed to lowtax’s birthday. When did that happen? That feels like some kind of fuckery is going on.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
valiantly trying to protect someone from themselves

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Thank you for sharing that thread, since it also gave us several bad probes and a good anime thread asking what the gently caress

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pick posted:

valiantly trying to protect someone from themselves

Doomed to failure

Spinz has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Sep 8, 2020

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
Lowtax did 6/23

Burt hid the facts

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
WATCH KM START A loving WAR

-fyad December 2019

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

WATCH KM START A loving WAR

-fyad December 2019

I did find it kind of odd that the actual live saga that occupied the last 100 pages of the old thread and rocketed it into the goldmine basically hasn't been mentioned over the first few pages of the new thread. I mean, sure, the sagas thread should be about all the sagas, and starting with the old ones is definitely the way to go, but elephant giant koala in the room much?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Same reason the old one got goldmined, the lols were had and people were starting to get weird. Let it get some distance.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Super Soaker Party! posted:

I did find it kind of odd that the actual live saga that occupied the last 100 pages of the old thread and rocketed it into the goldmine basically hasn't been mentioned over the first few pages of the new thread. I mean, sure, the sagas thread should be about all the sagas, and starting with the old ones is definitely the way to go, but elephant giant koala in the room much?

what else is left to say? goons got a good week out of elaborating on the same joke, i know we have a reputation for really piledriving any scraps of humor left into the dirt but jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Did the qcs thread that finally got bobbie wickham demodded already get posted? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897141&pagenumber=1&perpage=40