Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nate RFB posted:

It's funny that Dio is the most famous JoJo villain even though Kira in Part 4 has about four times more screentime, a way cooler and more interesting power, and is just all around far more charismatic and entertaining.

Yeah kira owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

399 PS5 Hype

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nate RFB posted:

It's funny that Dio is the most famous JoJo villain even though Kira in Part 4 has about four times more screentime, a way cooler and more interesting power, and is just all around far more charismatic and entertaining.

Dio has screentime in half of the original 6 parts and has a lot more of an effect on more characters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder how much marketing power the pack in astrobot game is going to have with consumers. Will they see it as a value add to have a 5-6 hour kids game preloaded on the console when deciding or will it be overlooked as a dumb demo.
:iiam:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hurricane Laura hosed up the gulf coast of Texas and Louisiana a bit back and some of the weather thread goons wanted to start a donation drive for it. Some other poo poo got in the way, but better late than never.

Here are some of the resources I've been able to dig up. If anyone has others that they think are great tell me and I'll edit them in.

They aren't in that area (mostly) but are national level things that are involved and specialized in this:

https://www.allhandsandhearts.org - All Heands and Hearts. They were founded in the wake of the Indian Ocean tsunami and specialize in supporting communities both immediately after a disaster and the longer term rebuilding. Everything I've found online seems to indicate they're legit as hell, but do your own due diligence.

https://www.directrelief.org - Direct Relief. Was involved big time in Harvey, so it's in the area, and they're getting in on this one. Another well vetted one but again, do your own digging (I'm going to skip this disclaimer for future ones)

https://familypromise.org - Specializes in supporting homeless and low-income families hit by these disasters. Also involved in the Laura afflicted gulf region.

https://www.houstonfoodbank.org - Houston Food Bank. They're getting pallets of food ready to go to support people in the hurricane areas.

As an added bonus, if you post proof of a donation in this thread I'll hook you up with this cool gangtag that an awesome goon in the weather thread made:

Make sure to scrub any PII off of the proof of donation. Could you fake it to get one without paying anything to a worthy cause? Well, yeah, but you'd be a lovely person and I'm gong to assume no one wants a little picture under their av bad enough to literally scam charity.

One final note: if you already have 3 or more gangtags please prioritize and tell me which ones you want to keep, up to 3 normal sized ones. The one we're giving out in this thread is a "normal" sized gang tag. We're just trying to cut down on the clutter of people having a dozen of the things on them.

Link here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939742 if anyone is interested!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LawfulWaffle posted:

I feel like I’ve died more in Control than I did in Dark Souls. I’m using everything I’ve got but I’m still getting creamed. It’s just not fun to deal with floating explosive enemies and floating shooting enemies and teleporting enemies that can hit for half my health while I’m trying to juggle ammo and psychic poo poo which includes the ability to dodge. Ugh, maybe I’ll just turn on the assist mode

Upgrade your Throw Stuff ability and throw more stuff. Use the shotgun upgrade OR get better at headshots. Try to never fully empty your clip.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

Dio is literally the villain of Part 1 AND Part 3.

Plus he has a better back story than Kira's built up over the course of those 2 series.
(Kira still rules, but his motivation of "Leave me alone" pales in comparison to "I want to end the Joestar bloodline and murder everybody")

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Dio is literally the villain of Part 1 AND Part 3.

Plus he has a better back story than Kira's built up over the course of those 2 series.
(Kira still rules, but his motivation of "Leave me alone" pales in comparison to "I want to end the Joestar bloodline and murder everybody")

I really enjoyed Dio in part 1 but I agree he's a bit flat in part 3. He doesn't actually do anything or express any motivation other than being menacing from afar and indirectly putting a Joestar's life in danger.

The actual battle was really fantastic but the idea that every other villain was so terrified of his supreme power of pausing time for literal seconds was amusing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

399 PS5 Hype

This is what I am hoping for, but I bet PS5 is the same price, on top of being delayed until next year.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nate RFB posted:

Dio appears in or casts his shadow across every story in the series except part 2. Kira is a charismatic and interesting villain in one part. Dio is a constant narrative force throughout the series.

PS5 is gonna be 495 or some poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A good villain has to be somewhat relatable and boy howdy do I relate to leave me alone chopping off hands.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Quote isn't edit.

PS5 will be $510 since it's the luxury option.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

stev posted:

The actual battle was really fantastic but the idea that every other villain was so terrified of his supreme power of pausing time for literal seconds was amusing.

The OVA final battle is worth a watch as well, because it's delicious delicious cell based animation of the 90s and still looks wonderful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NOT Stickbug
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qgczwtT5hd1t1ig6n_720.mp4

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Real hurthling! posted:

I wonder how much marketing power the pack in astrobot game is going to have with consumers. Will they see it as a value add to have a 5-6 hour kids game preloaded on the console when deciding or will it be overlooked as a dumb demo.
:iiam:

I feel like the only pack-in titles around at launch that have ever mattered are Super Mario Bros, Tetris and Wii Sports. I do not think that the little Astrobot thing will be on that level

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

add stick bug

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

afaik they have no interest in putting jedi fallen order in the basic tier (which is what the console sub covers) so the value is basically 'have you still not played titanfall 2 yet??' and 'do you like.... anthem....'

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

mango sentinel posted:

Dio appears in or casts his shadow across every story in the series except part 2. Kira is a charismatic and interesting villain in one part. Dio is a constant narrative force throughout the series.
I feel like saying he has a presence in Part 5 is pretty misleading (and Giornio being his son basically not mattering at all being yet another aspect of that arc I don't like). And even in his most famous Part he basically does nothing until the very end and then his fight is over really quickly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dio + Jotaro kept being shoehorned into all the other series past Stardust Crusaders, and it always felt super forced. Even in Part 4 where it 'kinda' made sense.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hit a part of The Touryst where you can't fully control the camera and must jump on orbs glowing in the darkness without any reference to where they are in 3d space.

No.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I feel like saying he has a presence in Part 5 is pretty misleading (and Giornio being his son basically not mattering at all being yet another aspect of that arc I don't like). And even in his most famous Part he basically does nothing until the very end and then his fight is over really quickly.

Giorno's whole personality and motives and actions are a combination of both of his fathers and Part 5 is a retelling of Part 3 but inverted, subverted, everted, or otherwise obverted.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Dio + Jotaro kept being shoehorned into all the other series past Stardust Crusaders, and it always felt super forced. Even in Part 4 where it 'kinda' made sense.

Jotaro isn't shoehorned in though, he takes on the role many other characters in the series take on of being a character from the previous part who plays a major protagonist role in one part but becomes a minor protagonist or otherwise supporting character in the latter. In a series so tied to the idea of family lineage and fate, it's hardly shoehorning to have a character from another part show up in a later part.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The JoJo defender has logged on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think its funny how joseph could solve the mystery of part 4 immediately but is too old to remember to use his powers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Joseph couldn't even get an exact bead on Dio's location even when he was in the same city as him

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Then NOT watching :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tired: jojo
wired: shoujo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

wired: shoujo

That's Part 8 character design

Its all Jojo sorry

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
tired: JoJo
wired: Yu Yu (Hakusho)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

jojo stand attack but instead of JoJo it's Jar-Jar and the stand is yelling MEESAMEESAMEESAMEESAMEESAMEESA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Joseph couldn't even get an exact bead on Dio's location even when he was in the same city as him

He got a picture of the building. That would be useful in a small town like morio

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1302638484683927554

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
tired: jojo
wired: bobo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

He got a picture of the building. That would be useful in a small town like morio

He couldn't even get a pic of his son because the spiritual power of a random murderer kept showing up instead and preventing any useful photos from getting taken.

His stand can divine the location of stuff but not necessarily give an exact enough location to let them home in on it, especially if whatever he's looking for has a strong enough spiritual defense so as to not want to be found.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

He couldn't even get a pic of his son because the spiritual power of a random murderer kept showing up instead and preventing any useful photos from getting taken.

His stand can divine the location of stuff but not necessarily give an exact enough location to let them home in on it, especially if whatever he's looking for has a strong enough spiritual defense so as to not want to be found.

True plot magic would stymie him

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1217910459896082433?s=20

tell me how this game actually looks sick as hell

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

like an anime game where you get deep cuts with a costume a character wore once or a reference to a funny part that got meme'd but it's Spike's son, the puppy, and Tom shoving himself through a mousehole and coming out the shape of a loaf of bread

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

New pandemic self-improvement milestone: Cutting my own hair. I always thought this would be difficult so I'd been avoiding it for the past six months, but I pretty much nailed it in one. As long as you have a double mirror it is NOT hard at all. I may never pay money for a haircut again!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just yank your scalp off and it will stop growing all together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know anything about Jojo except the police hat guy who points at people but youtube kept putting this as a recommended video so I listened to it and it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0TXIXTzJEY