Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!

worm big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
music and tone of the trailer were hella-weird compared to the teasers
but it looks like there's a good movie behind it

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Good poo poo. Not sure about the music in the trailer. But maybe it’ll grow on me.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Well drat, I did not expect Pink Floyd to be the bit of Jodorowsky’s Dune to finally come true

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Link for those who haven't looked deep enough inside themselves yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9xhJrPXop4

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
current mood: my body is ready

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

December 20XX can't come soon enough

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Pink Floyd song lmao

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

that worm made me orgasm

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anne Frank Funk posted:

December 20XX can't come soon enough

I just now noticed a release date was not shown. Not even December.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
It's good. This trailer basically shows most of the action scenes in the film. I think all that was left out was the seige of Arakeen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

It's good. This trailer basically shows most of the action scenes in the film. I think all that was left out was the seige of Arakeen.

Where is Jameis???

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
THEY WERE WEARING THEIR MASKS! MY BEEFSWELLING!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pnumoman posted:

Really hope all this Hollywood hype bullshit works, because while I'd rather have a good movie that bombs than a bad movie that's wildly successful, I want my beefswelling to be in response to an epic movie that's a smash hit so I can get more and more DUNC
the good news is that the nature of hollywood investments these days is that it's almost impossible for them to fail financially now. the market is so big you have to gently caress up pretty badly to lose money

i mean even the world of warcraft movie made triple its money back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A lot of that followed lynch but not as colorful

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

FBS posted:

that worm made me orgasm
that's what he/she said

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
didn't realize it was floyd, retracting my criticism.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

omfg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope it’s three hours long

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I loved how much of the dialogue was straight out of the book

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

FBS posted:

that worm made me orgasm

a very powerful worm
everything about this was already better than the 80s Dune even if that one holds a weird, special place in my heart

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I hope it’s three hours long
the movie seems to end halfway through the book so you'll have to wait for the sequel

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I really like the personal shields! I think while it does kind of look similar to the Lynch film from this trailer, you would be batshit insane to make a trailer for this that wasn't 90% shots of the ridiculously beautiful open desert and HUGE real Arrakeen palace like this is, and tbh it's quite hard to not have a desert look similar to another desert. I think it's all the other scenes that are more likely to set it apart, the few of those that we got are real nice and indicative of great stuff. Shai Halud is fuckin boss af. Dare I say, beefswelling?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FBS posted:

I loved how much of the dialogue was straight out of the book

The juxtaposition of the animal chew off leg line with images of atreides house actually in a trap was pretty good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the movie seems to end halfway through the book so you'll have to wait for the sequel

What

There is another one ?????

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

the good news is that the nature of hollywood investments these days is that it's almost impossible for them to fail financially now. the market is so big you have to gently caress up pretty badly to lose money

i mean even the world of warcraft movie made triple its money back

I agree, but I mean a hit in terms of how the studio determines what projects to push next. They definitely won't lose money, and they'll most likely make a large amount of money, but whether that's enough for studio execs to view it as something worth pursuing for multiple sequels is another matter entirely.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there any reason to believe Dune is coming out December 18 now? The trailer did not say when it was coming out. Denis Villeneuve like a month ago, said that because of the pandemic, he was not even finished yet with the editing, and that editing and reshoots were far from complete. Between that, and that Tenet flopped in theaters due to the pandemic, I don't think this film is coming out this year.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

What

i was under the assumption that to make it work as a movie villeneuve is splitting it up, with the first film ending with paul and jessica escaping into the desert spoiler alert

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

i was under the assumption that to make it work as a movie villeneuve is splitting it up, with the first film ending with paul and jessica escaping into the desert spoiler alert

Correct, this is two movies. I'm really worried we won't be getting the 2nd part at all because of the pandemic. Filming hasnt even started and its original release was to be next Christmas.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They didn’t film two together ? Dumb

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Is there any reason to believe Dune is coming out December 18 now? The trailer did not say when it was coming out. Denis Villeneuve like a month ago, said that because of the pandemic, he was not even finished yet with the editing, and that editing and reshoots were far from complete. Between that, and that Tenet flopped in theaters due to the pandemic, I don't think this film is coming out this year.
:shrug:

dunno

i thought some of the promotional language in the colbert preview was funny. like you get the hottest zoomer celebrities + prestige actors, shove masks in everyone's faces, and tell the audience the movie is going to change the world and is "relevant to our dark times." don't tell them it's about trump.

how is it relevant?

uhh... well you gotta see the movie

I said come in! posted:

Correct, this is two movies. I'm really worried we won't be getting the 2nd part at all because of the pandemic. Filming hasnt even started and its original release was to be next Christmas.
what shai-hulud giveth, shai-hulud taketh away

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

euphronius posted:

What

tfw you are surprised by the movie having a sibling because it was blocking your prescience

big mood

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

I suspect that it's going to end with the Fremen accepting Paul as the Kwisatz Haderach, surely? Like that's only a little bit later and a much more 'ending' ending?

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

!Klams posted:

I suspect that it's going to end with the Fremen accepting Paul as the Kwisatz Haderach, surely? Like that's only a little bit later and a much more 'ending' ending?

the final couple of shots made me think it would end like the Lynch version with Paul becoming emperor and for half a second I hoped part two would just be Messiah :negative:

still, looks good. hoping we can get part II out of this and not another Blade Runner 2049 situation.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I loved the new look of the reverend mother's. That gom jabbar scene looked like a nightmare.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

So why was Duncan alive, calling Paul his Duke?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Well drat, I did not expect Pink Floyd to be the bit of Jodorowsky’s Dune to finally come true

That was a real nice bit.
Hope they have Magma(?) for Harkonnen as well.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Vlex posted:

So why was Duncan alive, calling Paul his Duke?

I think they might have kept him around longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DebonaireD posted:

I loved the new look of the reverend mother's. That gom jabbar scene looked like a nightmare.
yeah they're like gothic witches