Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
lol president knowingly killed thousands just because *shrug* i can't wait for this to dominate the news for a few hours, maybe a whole day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesFallows/status/1303743575566491648
lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Grimdude posted:

Aren't all those pictures because some dumb assholes decided they needed explosives for a gender reveal party?

Yes.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

No.

The initial source of some of the OR fires seems to be downed power lines during a red flag fire scenario with high winds.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Catastrophe posted:

No.

The initial source of some of the OR fires seems to be downed power lines due to being under a red flag fire scenario with high winds.

Oh I thought those were of the socal fire (the pictures I mean). That one was a gender reveal bomb.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 9, 2020

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Nope, there’s a LOT of fires. At least one was started by a gender reveal party. We don’t know about all the others yet.

Edit: or power lines, that too

red19fire
May 26, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

lol president knowingly killed thousands just because *shrug* i can't wait for this to dominate the news for a few hours, maybe a whole day!

It's just another thing that should end his presidency overnight, but we'll forget about it tomorrow because melania or ivanka says something stupid into a microphone somewhere.

Awesome country, great job.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lol he won't even let woodward get a word in. "shutup woodward let me talk to you about crimes!"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/briantashman/status/1303743309660254209

LOL

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol that they're going with "He never said this" the day that we have him on tape saying the thing

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

GOPishly: Just because he "wanted to" doesn't mean he actually "did" play it down.

Checkmate, libs.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
to get ahead of the newscycle, I've decided that I've already forgotten about them saying he didn't say something he said on tape.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

explosivo posted:

Lol that they're going with "He never said this" the day that we have him on tape saying the thing

She even phrased it at one point as something Trump allegedly said to Woodward.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237027356314869761?s=20

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

lol all these people just lying for trump. here's video

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1303744874777280514

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

What are they going to do, accuse Woodward of deep faking Trump's voice to get audio of him saying things he never actually said?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

gret posted:

What are they going to do, accuse Woodward of deep faking Trump's voice to get audio of him saying things he never actually said?

lol once that cork gets popped, republicans will be permanently safe from any disgusting poo poo they say on tape. i'm surprised it hasn't happened already

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

gret posted:

Can you prove it's not a deep fake, huh?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
nothing calms me more than clueless leadership "we were only PRETENDING to not be taking the deadly disease seriously."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Strong Sauce posted:

lol all these people just lying for trump. here's video

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1303744874777280514

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1292197409368334336?s=20

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

If only we could evaluate people by what they did as well as what they said

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TheAardvark posted:

to get ahead of the newscycle, I've decided that I've already forgotten about them saying he didn't say something he said on tape.

I think we can fast forward this further straight to “that’s not how he meant it” -> trump confirms that is exactly how he meant it.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

gret posted:

"trump talks a lot"

"you can't take him seriously"

other things you say about the old rear end in a top hat in the bar, not the god drat loving presi-loving-dent

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1303735591360761861

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol @ a pandemic that needs a promotional campaign tho. Every. Other. loving. Commercial.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

and that's why we'll never, ever, ever get to see trump's tax records unsealed. no government is going to want to reveal a previous president owed 99% of his wealth to putin's companies.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

underrated lol from the bob woodward article:

"Woodward reports that Trump's national security team expressed concerns the US may have come close to nuclear war with North Korea amid provocations in 2017. "We never knew whether it was real," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is quoted as saying, "or whether it was a bluff." But it was so serious that Mattis slept in his clothes to be ready in case there was a North Korean launch and repeatedly went to the Washington National Cathedral to pray."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
because praying frequently is better than doing something

god gently caress we're in this poo poo because everyone's a loving moron

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

LordSloth posted:

Do not watch this video, your brain cells will die. It is the interview mentioned. Heed my warning or share my pain- for misery loves company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQ0fLHT100

Edit; I’ve watched this two minute clip four times, each stupider than the last. Looking closely upon junior I can’t believe he’s a real human being, and not some wooden toy trying to be a real boy.

this was worse than i expected it to be.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
has that Kkyllaiiighengh person ever said anything that doesn't make people want to punch puppies in the face?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Catastrophe posted:

has that Kkyllaiiighengh person ever said anything that doesn't make people want to punch puppies in the face?

No she got the job by being easily the most annoying talking head on CNN during the 2016 campaign.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol good to know we handle the threat of nuclear war caused by two unhinged dipshits with smoothbrains having a pissing/loving match the same way we handle school shootings.

thots and prayers

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So, uh, Woodward withheld this information until his book released so he could sell more copies of his book? Kinda seems like this is information that would've been good to know sooner but what do I know.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Groovelord Neato posted:

Trump also bragged about a secret unrevealed nuclear weapons system to Woodward.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1303725730216529927?s=20

Has to do with 10, 15 flushes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

explosivo posted:

So, uh, Woodward withheld this information until his book released so he could sell more copies of his book? Kinda seems like this is information that would've been good to know sooner but what do I know.

Yeah he sucks. Almost 80 years old and already has millions in the bank. Like you said would've been nice to know!

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 9, 2020

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration's top infectious disease expert, is quoted telling others Trump's leadership was "rudderless" and that his "attention span is like a minus number."

Lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

TheAardvark posted:

and that's why we'll never, ever, ever get to see trump's tax records unsealed. no government is going to want to reveal a previous president owed 99% of his wealth to putin's companies.

Just out of rampant speculation but if this were in fact revealed to be true, wouldn't it be an act of war and require a military response?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ehud posted:

underrated lol from the bob woodward article:

"Woodward reports that Trump's national security team expressed concerns the US may have come close to nuclear war with North Korea amid provocations in 2017. "We never knew whether it was real," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is quoted as saying, "or whether it was a bluff." But it was so serious that Mattis slept in his clothes to be ready in case there was a North Korean launch and repeatedly went to the Washington National Cathedral to pray."

LOL!!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

:pressf:

I mean these numbers for the flu are still pretty deplorable for a country claiming to be great

COVID thus far is basically 60000 Benghazis or 63 9/11s. The irony being conservative jingoism is directly responsible for innocents dying in all of these scenarios

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

It depends on what your definition of "wanted" is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

this trump guy seems kinda dumb