Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CVagts posted:

It was Labor Day, to be fair. Disclosure: I don't know how much Labor Day actually hurts the ratings, but I'm guessing it doesn't help the ratings.

last year raw lost like 5k viewers for labor day

also there was a pandemic this labor day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pro Wrestling Tees are in the process of taking down all stores belonging to WWE wrestlers

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Rarity posted:

Pro Wrestling Tees are in the process of taking down all stores belonging to WWE wrestlers

Stand up for yourselves god loving damnit

I hate this company i hate everything about it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

I was always really surprised when any signed WWE guy had a shirt on there, I wonder if WWE just didn't know about it at all for a while it seemed like they were using guys putting shirts on there for their storylines like when Owens was kayfabe fired or something and started selling Steen shirts

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rarity posted:

Does this include legend contractors or just active signed talent?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

This roster's full of quitters on literally every fight to have Except when it comes to actually leaving the company

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Does this include legend contractors or just active signed talent?

So far Mustafa Ali, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Zelina Vega are notably gone
Edge and Adam Pearce are still there but it sounds like it's the beginning of takedowns so I wouldn't expect that to still be the case for either by the week's end

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

last year raw lost like 5k viewers for labor day

also there was a pandemic this labor day

So everyone should have been inside watching TV?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

I know that the Thunderdome is safer but I prefer them having wrestlers in the crowd.

To be honest, not if they're forced to be there under the insane and inhumane conditions leaked before.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yes, you love to see it

Time to move Raw to Wednesday so they can feel like winners again

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Jackie D posted:

Stand up for yourselves god loving damnit

I hate this company i hate everything about it

I don't know what it'll take. This latest third party incident will at most be something a couple of people bring up when they don't resign down the road.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jake Atlas is the guy they signed with fanfare and immediately jobbed out to the Dexter guy, right

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seth Rollins posted:

nobody knows which wrestlers are on which show.

Ricochet's on Main Event!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1303827030698418176

Wild.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

is that a lot?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bonnie Hammer got promoted and is no longer in charge of NBCU content, btw.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

Bonnie Hammer got promoted and is no longer in charge of NBCU content, btw.

What does this mean

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

What does this mean

Pretty sure she's been the liaison between Vince and NBC for years and was a friendly voice for WWE to the network masters. If they get someone in who thinks the product sucks or doesn't like wrestling and they may be rear end out when the contract is up

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Superstars are in between a rock and a hard place, either lose all your cameo money or lose all your working on TV money. And AEW can’t take everybody.
Should strike, it’s a great way to have Obama come in and tell you not to do that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Astro7x posted:

Also... 30 camera cuts in the last 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYEstrnYwa8&t=264s

I can't watch that clip again lest it give me a headache but I believe the total in the last ~30 seconds was closer to 46 cuts.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just saw that UpUpDownDown has it's own merch shop online that started today.

The fact it exists must mean that it's WWE affiliated right? Or does it not count somehow in the 3rd party rules?

And if it is WWE related, why aren't WWE selling it on their own online shop?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

In case you're wondering, the NXT replay tonight has confused at least one person, my dad.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
tell ur dad to watch aew dynamite on tnt

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

The fact it exists must mean that it's WWE affiliated right? Or does it not count somehow in the 3rd party rules?

UUDD is 100% WWE owned - if you go to the bottom of the page and click privacy policy it just redirects to the one on wwe.com

as for why it's not part of the main shop, it's (imo) because they still want people to think it's unrelated/third party

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Given they're selling replica championship belts, use the WWE copyright notice, and using the same store backend as WWE's shop? Yeah, WWE affiliated.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Seams posted:

tell ur dad to watch aew dynamite on tnt

I tried, but I think he's a a bar.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

UUDD is WWE affiliated yes, it's not on the WWE Shop because they want to keep the illusion of the WWE being cool and just letting a bunch of guys have fun.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Another possibility as to why it's not on the WWE main shop is WWE trying to toss a bone to Xavier Woods insomuch as "look, we'll let you have this thing, but you have to get off Twitch etc." in a ploy so that he doesn't leave, and take Big E and Kofi with him.

Or also maybe as a pilot project as to see if they can have a quasi-independant outlet for all the other Twitch/Cameo wrestlers, but still under the WWE iron fist.

Either way, and as a general statement: WWE is poopy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think they said Twitch is okay now but you can't use your ring name. Cameo is the one that's up in the air.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Codependent Poster posted:

Cameo is the one that's up in the air.

anything goes on the Money Plane

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

oh but seriously I posted:

This gave me a HUGE LAUGH

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I AM TAKIN' DOWN THE MONEY PLANE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Instead of Cameo, Big E now has to do low budget movies which contain him wishing happy birthdays to random people

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

you wanna see a dementia-riddled millionaire gently caress his employees? money plane

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Codependent Poster posted:

Instead of Cameo, Big E now has to do low budget movies which contain him wishing happy birthdays to random people

A bar room scene in which he pummels the same 3 stunt men over and over with each hit say " Happy Anniversary BOB!" "Happy Birthday, JUDY!"

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
a Cameo effectively is a low budget movie, WWE Films got jealous that it could actually turn a profit

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Does "Money Plane" count as a 3rd party income stream? (Assuming that it is not a WWE Films production.)

So wrestlers aren't allowed to take roles in films that aren't WWE Films productions?

Coz lets say you break your leg, or are otehrwise long term injured. In a sane world you would be allowed to film a quick movie, (obviously not an action role), over those couple of months, and rehab in your time off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

. In a sane world

WWE is an American company

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
From her Instagram

Nia Jax posted:

I get that Facetune is a “thing” now, but I’m not a big fan. I wear enough makeup and have great hair installed to pick up where I lack in looks, Facetune is a bit much. Yes, in my untouched pic you can see a big zit on my chin, whatevs. I have asked WWE to please replace my obviously facetuned pic with the untouched, I’m not happy with the message it sends.

For all her shittiness as a worker, I really do like the effort Nia puts in to promote body positivity

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those patented wwe superstar photo edits really do send the wrong message that they all look like decent but not great wax figures of themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cavauro posted:

those patented wwe superstar photo edits really do send the wrong message that they all look like decent but not great wax figures of themselves

Leave it to WWE to make something soulless.