Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Victis posted:

The fights in Daredevil are the gold standard, especially the later seasons

The long-take stuff is insane

Oh man, that's such a high bar to meet I'm not sure what else would come close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

As Nero Danced posted:

Oh man, that's such a high bar to meet I'm not sure what else would come close.

Cobra Kai had some great fight scenes, if you can get past the cliche 80s tone overlaying all the action sequences.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It's kind of amazing how bad the fight choreography is across the board on film and television. Shows with small budgets I can understand but even tentpole blockbusters with quarter-billion dollar budgets just completely drop the ball on it constantly.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Bioshuffle posted:

Cobra Kai had some great fight scenes, if you can get past the cliche 80s tone overlaying all the action sequences.

Honestly that tone would kinda sell me on it even more.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bioshuffle posted:

Judging by all the derailing posts and personal insults, it appears to me like you guys are turning into the very thing you're accusing me of.

All I want to do is discuss the show. I don't think she's racist. I'm allowed to have opinions. If you disagree, that's great. There's really no need for this level of hostility.

Seriously.

There's a lot of white supremacist sites out there that would agree with your reading, go there.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

There's a lot of white supremacist sites out there that would agree with your reading, go there.

What makes you think he would be able to identify those sites?

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

Bioshuffle posted:

I don't think she's racist.

Okay, then you won't mind toxxing that the character won't be explicitly revealed as a racist/white supremacist by the end of the season.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Listen, the actual Nazi that founded the company is surely a red herring

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Avasculous posted:

lol

edit:

Victis posted:

Listen, the actual Nazi that founded the company is surely a red herring
Maybe he was just following orders? Not every German who served under Hitler was a Nazi, and furthermore,

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 11, 2020

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Avasculous posted:

I'm sure he posts on the character's official fan site! Weird that it was made in 1995.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Stormfront was a literal 1940s Nazi in the comics, but I guess Showfront spouting asian racial slurs and indiscriminately killing black people is just a coincidence.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh, I should "shut the gently caress up, dumbass"? That's called an ad hominem, nerds, and it means I've Won the conversation :smuggo:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stormfront being a racist isn't a question of opinion. The character is scripted to be a racist, the actress playing her speaks of playing a racist.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh, I should "shut the gently caress up, dumbass"? That's called an ad hominem, nerds, and it means I've Won the conversation :smuggo:

When you think about it, the people calling me pants-shittingly stupid are the real Nazis

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I'm having flashbacks to when the concluding novel of an obscure fantasy series finally dropped and a single goon's tireless pedantry ruined the thread for everyone and killed the enthusiasm for discussion.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah but that was a debatable moment. This is a cut and dry situation, like how it was Wrong for child actor Arya Stark to go topless

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

unlimited shrimp posted:

I'm having flashbacks to when the concluding novel of an obscure fantasy series finally dropped and a single goon's tireless pedantry ruined the thread for everyone and killed the enthusiasm for discussion.

The day before an episode airs is always the hardest. Reason 142 that weekly releases are inferior: the threads are worse

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Starks posted:

The day before an episode airs is always the hardest. Reason 142 that weekly releases are inferior: the threads are worse

2 days before air date is the day people start getting into fan theory territory and then 1 day before is spent calling them all stupid.

BTW Black Noir has been a ghost the whole time change my mind :colbert:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am still surprised right wing chuds inhabit this forum trying to loving sea lion people.

"I am just asking questions"

Nah, shut the gently caress up you loving imbecile. You loving smooth brain rear end in a top hat. Go gently caress off to the actual Stormfront website and talk about how she's just getting stuff done.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Any idea if they're just dropping single episodes going forward or is it going to be in batches like the first drop?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

2 days before air date is the day people start getting into fan theory territory and then 1 day before is spent calling them all stupid.

BTW Black Noir has been a ghost the whole time change my mind :colbert:

Ghosts don’t cry.

Checkmate.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

sliami posted:

... Anyway stan Kimiko

I really glad they're giving Kimiko more to do and a voice in the new season. She felt super problematic and cliched in the first season.

The actress really sold the last scene of her burning hatred at the TV.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
In a weird definition of "Friday", the 4th episode is up.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheOrange posted:

Any idea if they're just dropping single episodes going forward or is it going to be in batches like the first drop?

Single episodes until the finale in October.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheOrange posted:

One weekly afaik

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Avasculous posted:

Oh poo poo, thanks!

They released early last week, too. Maybe they're using UTC+0 or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Avasculous posted:

gently caress yeah

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Is this Madelyn Sitwell a dream, or is Homelander banging the shapeshifter from season 1?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/w4cjpaf.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/z4M8NXg.gifv

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Thing is, what's to stop Homelander from declaring himself king of the world at this point? Has the show presented anyone who is on his level? Maybe they're going there with Stormfront. But other than that, the show has been pretty clear about Homelander being, "What if Superman was a sociopath?" If Vaught were to declare Homelander as Public Enemy Number One...then what? Sure his money runs out and his current brand of celebrity runs dry, which I guess he loves and is probably what keeps him in line. But if they push him too hard and he just decides to take whatever the gently caress he wants (in which case, who gives a poo poo about money?), do they have anything they can do to stop him?

Im assuming they are building up to a story like the start of Invincible. Homelander trains up his son, but his son has lived a loved life believing he is a normal human. When Homelander starts going psycho around him, his son will stand up to him and become an actual hero. (spoiled in case any one cares about not being spoiled on Invincible even though it's pretty lovely with stuff like fan service and overwhelmingly powerful woman characters constantly becoming damsels in distress)

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Bioshuffle posted:

Judging by all the derailing posts and personal insults, it appears to me like you guys are turning into the very thing you're accusing me of.

All I want to do is discuss the show. I don't think she's racist. I'm allowed to have opinions. If you disagree, that's great. There's really no need for this level of hostility.

Seriously.

Would be interested to see if you don't think she's racist after episode 4.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Haha, Vought+

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Not much of a spoiler, but still. I love that Homelander's favorite movie is Taxi Driver.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

6 hours is a weak freakin' punishment for that garbage

It is way too late in The Internet to treat stuff like what Bioshuffle is saying as an innocent mistake or something. It is 100% straight out of the playbook of alt-right trash that has no place on this site

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

xerxus posted:

They are gonna have to keep laying it on thicker and thicker for the ones that don't get it.

Also, good episode, I love this show so much. Great social commentary on Nazis re-inventing themselves to adapt to changing time, and showing how a small army of angry alt-right trolls can be weaponized to pollute discourse

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Romes128 posted:

Single episodes until the finale in October.

SON OF A GOD drat BITCH I HATE THIS

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

xerxus posted:

I'm never shocked by how bad Goons are at readings TV shows or even the emotion an actor shows.

Earlier we had someone thinking Black Noir was laughing at the news report about compound-V. :doh:

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 11, 2020

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Lol someone is having fun writing the episode descriptions for this show.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow Homelander is a huge piece of poo poo. That TV interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This episode has many small yikes.