Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Homelander getting mad at memes is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I have a real bad feeling about Butcher (ep 4) telling Becca he’s under a pawn shop in East Flatbush. Just seemed so out of place and specific, like either she will give that up or Homelander was listening.

Also you’ve gotta hand it to Homelander. A lot of people do lie to him.

Glad to see Anthony Starr continues to nail it. I love his facial expressions when he confronts Stormfront.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Frenchie looks at his hands and says "Je suis tellement foutu"

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Really thought Homelander was gonna watch himself suck his dick.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

See, to me I don't think Stormfront is Liberty because the characters in-universe are speculating about it. It makes me think there's got to be a twist to it, like how Homelander's son was the big twist in S1.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 11, 2020

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

See, to me I don't think Stormfront is Liberty because the characters in-universe are speculating about it. It makes me think there's got to be a twist to it.

I mean she basically says it herself in the meeting with Homelander

Anyway I liked that episode a lot more than the first three. Feels like the humour is back.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

SardonicTyrant posted:

See, to me I don't think Stormfront is Liberty because the characters in-universe are speculating about it. It makes me think there's got to be a twist to it.

My guess is she's an actual German nazi from ww2 like in the comics, or maybe the child of one. If she isn't aging it fits, just change the public identity every now and then.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Starks posted:

I mean she almost says it herself.
I interpreted that as the writers winking to the audience.

I dunno, it just seems too obvious.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SardonicTyrant posted:

I interpreted that as the writers winking to the audience.

I dunno, it just seems too obvious.

Yeah it stood out.

I'm willing to bet though the big ending for this season is about Homelander himself though. Him losing it and being paranoid about the team is building up to something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ep 4: Haha Homelander with Doppleganger-Stillwell. I guess he's taking the advice and re-asserting his power over The Seven, including Maeve.

Black Noir: the only member of The Seven who is working

Roadtrip with Starlight, Hughie and MM was very wholesome. :3:

So once again I'm wondering why Mr. Edgar put Stormfront on The Seven

That final scene :stonklol:

Starks posted:

I mean she basically says it herself in the meeting with Homelander

Anyway I liked that episode a lot more than the first three. Feels like the humour is back.

:agreed: to both

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

Yeah it stood out.

I'm willing to bet though the big ending for this season is about Homelander himself though. Him losing it and being paranoid about the team is building up to something.

Something we still haven't seen from the season preview is him lasering someone, I think a soldier even, in front of a huge crowd of people. Really looked like a "mask off in front of the world" moment.

That scene with Stormfront and Homelander was something else. She really did a number on him in a matter of minutes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Something we still haven't seen from the season preview is him lasering someone, I think a soldier even, in front of a huge crowd of people. Really looked like a "mask off in front of the world" moment.

That scene with Stormfront and Homelander was something else. She really did a number on him in a matter of minutes.

I do like that even she knows she went too far with her sass. When the lasereyes appear, you done hosed up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 11, 2020

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm glad there's 3 people in the superhero show that's either threatened to laser eye someone or actually has laser eyed someone.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I need like every single Homelander meme shown cause some were goddamn hilarious.

God Antony is a beast - “stop gently caress-ING lying to me!”

Jesus I jumped at that convo.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so do we have a bead on her being racist or no?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rando posted:

so do we have a bead on her being racist or no?

idk maybe she isn't who the show says she is despite the it being plainly laid out. Because that would be too obvious.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Loved the billboard:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I do like that even she knows she went too far with her sass. When the lasereyes appear, you done hosed up.

I read that as her pretending to be scared to lull him into a false sense of security, especially based on the trailer "laser my tits" clip.

Unrelated, but that final scene has set up some wild possibilities - it kinda seems like Homelander could fake his own death? It seems like Doppelganger got "stuck" in his form when he died. They could be even less subtle about his character and have him to a Jesus-style resurrection to completely overshadow Stormfront in the public eye.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I read that as her pretending to be scared to lull him into a false sense of security, especially based on the trailer "laser my tits" clip.

Eh, I don't see it that way. He does have different lasereyes settings besides MAXIMUM POWER. He was probably cauterizing her wounds, but that remains to be seen. It didn't seem like he was blasting her at full power.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Of course Homelander would sympathize with the the character from Taxi Driver lol

*redacted
(edit nevermind not gonna engage with that post)

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 11, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yo this episode owned

Confederate Homelander cape mural was awesome

Also I feel like they should have included a scene with a police scanner or actually showed the robbery, because with the missing scene it just felt like Liberty was killing a dude for being black?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also I feel like they should have included a scene with a police scanner or actually showed the robbery, because with the missing scene it just felt like Liberty was killing a dude for being black?

She was, that's why the family got paid off

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Unrelated, but that final scene has set up some wild possibilities - it kinda seems like Homelander could fake his own death? It seems like Doppelganger got "stuck" in his form when he died. They could be even less subtle about his character and have him to a Jesus-style resurrection to completely overshadow Stormfront in the public eye.
Now that you say it, I really hope that Vought pulls a Death and Rebirth of Superman Homelander to rehab his image/comic book sales. It's the perfect amount of on-the-nose for this show.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Hughie and Starlight singing in the car is the type of wholesome I needed today

Also "living with a loaded gun" is the perfect analogy for every scene with homelander wow

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I need a screen grab of Homelander and Negligee Homelander, PLEASE

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AtraMorS posted:

Now that you say it, I really hope that Vought pulls a Death and Rebirth of Superman Homelander to rehab his image/comic book sales. It's the perfect amount of on-the-nose for this show.

poo poo, this was a plot that was happening in the comics too.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

PostNouveau posted:

poo poo, this was a plot that was happening in the comics too.
I haven't read those, so...yay? I guess?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I wanna see all the memes :3:

Homelander seriously cleaning house today.

-Fires A train just like that
-Threatens Starlight in the elevator
-Outs Maeve to the world
-Gets all glowy eyed at Stormfront
-Black Noir the only one actually working like always

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AtraMorS posted:

I haven't read those, so...yay? I guess?

Well it was different. Basically when a popular supe died, they'd do an unholy reanimation of the corpse that was good enough for a few public appearances but needed like, hospice care at all times.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PostNouveau posted:

Well it was different. Basically when a popular supe died, they'd do an unholy reanimation of the corpse that was good enough for a few public appearances but needed like, hospice care at all times.

Yeah I'm curious what their plan is for Lamplighter, since clearly something happened to him, but I doubt they're bringing in Shawn Ashmore just to piss and poo poo himself in a dungeon.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I really hope nothing happens to Becca, it would really feel like fridging at this point

Also I'd bet on photos leaking of Starlight walking away from the truck crash

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 11, 2020

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, gotcha. Yeah that doesn't seem to be the case here.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah I'm curious what their plan is for Lamplighter, since clearly something happened to him, but I doubt they're bringing in Shawn Ashmore just to piss and poo poo himself in a dungeon.
Speaking of Lamplighter: He's gotta be behind the Shining Light Liberation Army, right? Like, it's right there in the loving name.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

PostNouveau posted:

They didn't do it. It was a side effect of compound V. So superheroes that died kind of popped back up with major brain damage from the oxygen deprivation and what not.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The song We Didn’t Start the Fire is from the album Storm Front.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

frgildan posted:

They didn't do it. It was a side effect of compound V. So superheroes that died kind of popped back up with major brain damage from the oxygen deprivation and what not.

That happened with Blarneycock but I thought Lamplighter and the storm parody from the G-men both got shot up with v post mortem to (kinda) bring them back.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Im assuming they are building up to a story like the start of Invincible. Homelander trains up his son, but his son has lived a loved life believing he is a normal human. When Homelander starts going psycho around him, his son will stand up to him and become an actual hero. (spoiled in case any one cares about not being spoiled on Invincible even though it's pretty lovely with stuff like fan service and overwhelmingly powerful woman characters constantly becoming damsels in distress)

That’d be kind crazy since Invincible is supposed to get its own show on Amazon too.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo this episode was loving incredible.

I really appreciate how they juxtapose the hyper violence against really soft and demure sex scenes between the pairings that have real connection vs the disgusting and oblique eroticism of Homelander and Stillwell

Overall my favorite episode of the series so far. It’s insane how tense I was the entire time. Every soft moment had this incredible dread hanging over it.

The show is also setting up Butcher vs Black Noir and that’s gonna SLAP.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

lmao I went back and rewatched it and really really sounds like Ava doing a deeper fake voice.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
was Stormfront's quip "Change with the times, I did"? that was great.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

The show is also setting up Butcher vs Black Noir and that’s gonna SLAP.

PROBABLY

But!

Noir was just sobbing uncontrollably when he learned about Vought. He's suddenly showing an interest in finding Butcher, whom he knows is out to get Vought.

Buddies?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Where are you seeing a trailer for next week’s episode?