Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Punk when he retired was a Hall of Famer. Now look at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hefty Leftist posted:

CM Punk's value died the day he got destroyed by Mickey Gall

Yea losing a real fight is one thing, Punk lost like no one ever in history because he doesn’t have an athletic bone in his body, I think the UFC used him to laugh at wrestling.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punk showing up in AEW would still do insane business, people don't care about the MMA poo poo as much as y'all think.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
IMO Punk is in that Lesnar position where he could very well be a draw but he'd also ask for so much money that it wouldn't be worth it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
People might not care about the MMA stuff, but I'm sure if he ever came back WWE fans will continuously try and dunk on him because that's what they do every time someone leaves the company.

Since Punk had to deal with that lovely lawsuit that caused him to become completely disgruntled with the whole Wrestling business and burn bridges with his best friends I don't think he'll be itching to get back into wrestling anytime soon

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Punk had fans chanting his name for years after he walked out because he was anti-establishment and the only guy to openly belittle Triple H and get away with it, and then when he had the chance to join Anti Establishment Wrestling he... sold the gently caress out and went back to Vince then tried to work the fans by claiming he was actually employed by Fox and could say anything he wanted, which turned out to be a big pile of nothing. Who would even still be a fan of his anymore? He's got nothing left to offer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone on this very forum posted “his arms were too short to box with Gall” right after he got his whupping and I feel like that should be his entire legacy now.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

as time goes on peoples memories are likely to reduce down to "oh yeah he lost a fight" and not remember just how truly bad he was in UFC but all it takes is a few clips to resurface and bring those memories back. an all time trainwreck. pick a random guy on the street and theres a 95% chance they're a better fighter.

and any remaining intrigue for a return to the wrestling world was wasted on returning to a show nobody watched to shill for the company he was famous for walking out on. it almost feels like he pissed away all of his allure on purpose because of how good of a job he did

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Punk getting his poo poo whipped in MMA is the most entertained by him I've ever been.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

That's why NXT is never moving off Wednesday. With football starting, Dynamite would probably beat at least one hour of Raw in the demo before the year's out

Eventually It's going to be USA's decision rather than WWF's and every week we see WWF's leverage slip away.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I imagine Ol' Phil is in no hurry to be in the same locker room as Cabana

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1304079155194200069

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

karmicknight posted:

Eventually It's going to be USA's decision rather than WWF's and every week we see WWF's leverage slip away.

The fact that WWE got USA to air NXT at all makes me doubt they are giving the orders in their relationship. USA has no shows anymore.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
AEW has more big name draws than WWE does now. Jungle Boy is a big name draw now.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I don't buy into the whole 'punk is washed up' thing because it's stupid he's still a huge deal

buuuut taking the WWE talk show job did demonstrate that he has terrible instincts and maybe doesn't understand his own appeal. I don't think there's anything less punk than being a WWE talking head. I'm sure it was a lot of money but it's very bad for his brand. Maybe he legitimately doesn't give a gently caress any more and just wants to cash checks, which is kinda sad

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Personally I've always thought it was hilarious that Punk conned Dana White out of a dumptruck of money

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If Punk had shown up to All Out 1 in Chicago and started working in AEW full time it would have been one of the biggest moments in Wrestling history, and anyone who would claim otherwise is delusional. Nobody cared about his MMA thing, and even on this very forum which had come to despise him for what happened with the lawsuit and his screwing over Colt more people than not were SALIVATING at the thought of his return under AEW's banner.

Punk returning to WWE on a Fox Sports 1 kayfabe sportscenter knockoff DID damage his value though, and given how stacked AEW's main event and UMC scene is now I think questioning if he has any place there given the damage that he did to himself by doing that is entirely fair.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

If Punk had shown up to All Out 1 in Chicago and started working in AEW full time it would have been one of the biggest moments in Wrestling history, and anyone who would claim otherwise is delusional.

Don't disagree with you here. But I think there's something to "CM Punk" becoming the go-to show hijacking / "we don't give a poo poo" chant.

I think what I'm saying is "CM Punk was only chant over".

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Late Dynamite thoughts:
That Hardy promo was just so simple and sincere, lovely to hear :)
I love how divisions still have everyone gunning for the championships - regardless of heel/face allegiance. Jericho & Hager should want the titles, but WWE having 90% face/heel programs means it's refreshing to see.
Doesn't entirely make sense that Wardlow isn't paid by Tony Khan, but hey, it's a good plotline.
Very disappointed to see AEW having the tag champions compete non-title. Moxley did that vs. jobbers, but this feels like it's a great way to have it become less meaningful. Champions get to not have to wrestle as much, make them do multi-man matches, singles matches, tune ups vs. jobbers, but not non-title vs. actual teams.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I absolutely think if Punk showed up in AEW next week people would pop and love it. I also think there is an alternative universe where Punk didn't spend the last few years losing at mma, getting into a messy fight with colt, working at a wwe adjacent job, and just generally becoming more of a curmudgeon. That version of Punk would get an earth shattering reaction. Like AEW not only brought him back to wrestling but back from the dead right there in front of the audience.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Punk wants to come to AEW, cool, I wasn't around when he was going so if he's good and can get over, more power to him, but every time he posts some sly hint tweet about not being done or whatever makes me less interested.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Wazzu posted:

Very disappointed to see AEW having the tag champions compete non-title. Moxley did that vs. jobbers, but this feels like it's a great way to have it become less meaningful. Champions get to not have to wrestle as much, make them do multi-man matches, singles matches, tune ups vs. jobbers, but not non-title vs. actual teams.

FTR are arrogant rear end in a top hat heels, so them going on about how nobody else is worthy of a title match without having to jump through a bunch of hoops first is absolutely in character.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also it'd be fun to have them beg off a title challenge against a ranked opponent (Jurassic Express aren't ranked right now) because they're challenging a non-ranked opponent in a non-title match.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punk taking the FOX job just feels like peak pessimism/nihilism. Which, not only understanding from a personal level, but even if you're in a good place looking at the world in the last decade how can you blame him?

Like, you have AEW come up and you're going to believe this will finally work to be a viable mainstream option? Sure, no way that won't end up like ash just like everything else seems to.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 11, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hour 1

Q1: 989k - 498k

Q2: 1.004m - 496k

Q3: 1.026m - 487k

Q4: 1.017m - 486k

Hour 2

Q1: 1.026m - 523k

Q2: 989k - 469k

Q3: 973k - 427k

Q4: 1.066m - 458k

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pylons posted:

Hour 1

Hour 2

The middle of hour 2 would be when the Raptors game was really getting exciting, so it makes sense that that's where the dip came.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pylons posted:

Hour 1

Hour 2

No real dips, solid throughout that’s pretty drat cool

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm sure in Punk's mind he thought he was sticking it to the man by being paid by a larger corporation to talk trash about his former employer on a show about his former employer but it was never even that satisfying because the WWE was already sunk so low at that point he was barely getting jabs in.

Then again I'd love HBO to do a podcast series with the Game of Thrones cast on why the last season sucked total rear end and how much they hated working on it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

1) I feel like making GBS threads on Punk for being bad at MMA is like making GBS threads on a fish for not being able to climb a tree.
2) I enjoy that 3 months of 'Cody is slowly turning heel' was just completely sideswiped by 'Brodie turned Cody into industrial extruder sludge'. It was a swerve but not a 'haha fooled you' swerve. More of a 'life doesn't work according to plan' swerve.
3) I bring this up because FTR jobbing out the titles in short order to Jurassic Express would be awesome. And I mean for what reason are you pushing Jericho and Hager in the tag division if not for this specific showdown? Also Jungle Boy is absolute fire and could seriously be a GOAT contender in like 5 years. I mean right now barring injury his floor is 'The modern day Ricky Steamboat to MJF's modern day Ric Flair'
4) Jericho and Hager need to be collectively known as 'Jager' (Or Covid-denier and MAGA Chud. Either works).
5) I love that Miro is 'Extremely online Twitch Streamer' instead of 'just another menacing Hoss'. I feel like he might pull Kip face because people arn't going to want to boo Miro. And it's not like people really hate Kip in the first place.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 11, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Eat My Fuc posted:

That really is impressively stable. Everything within a range of less than 90k and most movement being 10-20k up or down. Which means that the significant majority of people sat down and watched the whole show.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eat My Fuc posted:

yeah there was a wild playoff game going and they went UP at the end. would be pretty incredible to see what aew could do without nxt OR basketball

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ChrisBTY posted:

4) Jericho and Hager need to be collectively known as 'Jager' (Or Covid-denier and MAGA Chud. Either works).

A double team finisher called the Jagerbomb would be fun

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I guess the only question is do you pronounce it 'Jager' or 'Yager'?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
When does Miro say Poggers on TNT?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

When does Miro say Poggers on TNT?

Not till Chuck says poo poo :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope warhorse gets another shot, even if its just a few matches on Dark

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dodgeblan posted:

Maybe [punk] legitimately doesn't give a gently caress any more and just wants to cash checks, which is kinda sad
That’s cool as hell actually

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

That’s cool as hell actually

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

1) I feel like making GBS threads on Punk for being bad at MMA is like making GBS threads on a fish for not being able to climb a tree.

I would definitely laugh at a fish that tried to climb a tree and failed badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Andrast posted:

I would definitely laugh at a fish that tried to climb a tree and failed badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TChsHvHnb7I

SEE EMM PUNK SEE EMM PUNK

Hes still my avatar isn't he. In my defence its an adaptation of an amazing red text i got over the Punk v Cabana case.