Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Almond Joys are trash tier candy bars.

Piell posted:

Incorrect, coconut-based candy bars are universally garbage

Triggered af rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

bobjr posted:

I’ll defend Charleston Chew but no one can defend Bit o Honey

I lost a filling to one, gently caress a Bit o Honey.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Butterfingers suck

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think her bafflingly bad taste in candy bars must come from the childhood deprivation she talked about with the donuts.

I assume all you guys who also like Almond Joy were abused as well

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 11, 2020

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

BrotherJayne posted:

... the gently caress?

Murdered, hopefully, why we gotta get all Gitmo with this poo poo bruh

Edit: And dammit, she better get an eye poked out here soon

Ok, I guess I should expand on that particular thought. I could see some sexual relationship forming between her and Homelander because of their similar personalities. But eventually his narcissism and need to be center of attention lead to some heinous poo poo. He does have that creepy vibe going and the show hasn’t exactly shied away from some messed up stuff.

That or he gets turned on by her similar destructive, dominating tendencies and when she rebuffs his creepy advances...well you get the picture. Manchild that can’t handle rejection.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

latinotwink1997 posted:

Ok, I guess I should expand on that particular thought. I could see some sexual relationship forming between her and Homelander because of their similar personalities. But eventually his narcissism and need to be center of attention lead to some heinous poo poo. He does have that creepy vibe going and the show hasn’t exactly shied away from some messed up stuff.

That or he gets turned on by her similar destructive, dominating tendencies and when she rebuffs his creepy advances...well you get the picture. Manchild that can’t handle rejection.

... that's actually a good point.

But I'm leaning towards Liberty/Stormfront being Homelander's mom

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

All Candy Matters

(bounty is the superior coconut chocolate bar - fight me NOW)

MT can we get a super gif of Homelander going "Stop gently caress ING lying to me" with his fist??

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
This thread got a lot more contentious and heated when it veered from Nazism to candy preferences.

Almond Joy is good but people who like Charleston Chew should be institutionalized for their own safety.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vintersorg posted:

All Candy Matters

(bounty is the superior coconut chocolate bar - fight me NOW)

Milk chocolate Bounties are awful. Dark chocolate Bounties are served in paradise.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

bobjr posted:

I’ll defend Charleston Chew but no one can defend Bit o Honey

I legit enjoy Bit o Honey and always laughed at how everybody else hated them at Halloween as a kid, so I'd take them.

That said, I'm not insane enough to put them in my top 5, lmao. Starlight wtf.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

BrotherJayne posted:

I also think my idea would probably be too shocking/disturbing and might really screw with the shows viewership. I just find this show continues to surprise me with what it shows, the recent racism being a big one.

Edit: on topic, I love almond joys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PostNouveau posted:

I assume all you guys who also like Almond Joy were abused as well

I assume you just hate coconut? Never understood people who hate coconut.

Almond Joy and Mounds are fine. Not the best but certainly edible.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Zaphod42 posted:

I assume you just hate coconut? Never understood people who hate coconut.

It's okay, we don't understand you either.

PopetasticPerson
Jun 18, 2006
I love how incredibly creepy Homelander's milk obsession is getting, it's just such a nice little touch that's so weird and pathetic and skin tingling cringy that I actually felt kind of bad for him afterwards.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Doppelgänger seemed like a pretty cool person and I like the idea that his impossibly valuable and incredibly useful superhuman ability which would make him the most powerful living intelligence asset in human history is relegated to a sex doll and he/they seem perfectly content with that.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Swollen Member posted:

Fuel to the fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz8LmEyA83c

Still, I think this kind of controversy is good for the show overall. Even bad publicity is still publicity.
The problem with stupid people thinking that actors *are* the characters they play is as old as time, or at least as theatre, and it won't go away anytime soon.

Edit: If anything, this is a cadeau to Aya Cash who's knocking it out of the park. I can't wait to see her mask slip further and further off during the rest of the season. OG Stormfront was way too on the nose. But Lady Stormfront makes fascism look cool - until you stop to think about it.

catching up with the thread and this video is awful and so are you for posting it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Doppelgänger seemed like a pretty cool person and I like the idea that his impossibly valuable and incredibly useful superhuman ability which would make him the most powerful living intelligence asset in human history is relegated to a sex doll and he/they seem perfectly content with that.

He rapes a person in his first appearance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah, I had the same thought about his power being squandered. It seems like how much he enjoys loving with people's heads sexually might mean a bit of a loose cannon who they can't trust to do reallllllly important stuff that he would be able to do.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gaius Marius posted:

He rapes a person in his first appearance.

Yo what? I don't even remember Doppelganger being IN the first season

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yo what? I don't even remember Doppelganger being IN the first season

He's the one they use to film the blackmail sextape with the senator to get his approval for the military bill.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ohhhh yeah that's right, he shapeshifted into a babe and catfished the senator

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I had the same thought about his power being squandered. It seems like how much he enjoys loving with people's heads sexually might mean a bit of a loose cannon who they can't trust to do reallllllly important stuff that he would be able to do.

I'm pretty sure the backstory is Homelander once again going rogue, kidnapping him to Vought Acres and threatening to murder him if he declines

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Zaphod42 posted:

Never understood people who hate coconut.
Same, but also this re: black licorice.

But then, most people I run into make me feel like I'm the only one on the planet who likes the taste of black licorice.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
I wonder how awkward that conversation between Homelander and Doppleganger to set that arrangement up must have gone. I feel a little guilty just asking my friends to help me move.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Beef Stew posted:

I wonder how awkward that conversation between Homelander and Doppleganger to set that arrangement up must have gone. I feel a little guilty just asking my friends to help me move.

"Alright, so you gonna make yourself look like Stillwell. And offer me milk. But in a sexy way. Like a sexy mommy."
"...with you so far."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Beef Stew posted:

It was probably a mix of

and

https://i.imgur.com/tI0wX95.gifv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This show rules but it is so mean spirited it's hard to watch sometimes.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 11, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Don't forget

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bioshuffle posted:

IMHO, Stormfront being racist is not as cut and dry as people want to believe. Upon a rewatch and a frame by frame, it's pretty clear to me the reason she kills the family is because the father stands in her way. Once he dies, she obviously has to kill the witnesses. I'm not saying what she did was right by any stretch of the definition. There's no denying she is evil and reckless, but I didn't get any racist vibes from her. Let's not forget that the person who invited her into the Seven and is her boss is a POC. Why would a racist agree to work for a POC? It obviously doesn't add up. Not to mention she's working alongside two POC and she has had no negative interactions with them at all. Also, let's not overlook the fact about the ethnicity of the actress portraying her. Even though it's 2020, there's no way any casting director who cares about their job would cast a Jewish person to portray a Nazi. Obviously you're welcome to speculate, but I'm not seeing the racist narrative. At all.

She's by far my favorite superhero we've seen in the series, especially as she's seemingly the only one who isn't afraid of Homelander. Can't wait to see where the character goes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Here's an ad hominem for you: Go gently caress yourself you racist piece of poo poo.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

BrotherJayne posted:

You mean he would have two reasons to be attracted to her?!?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/LiE635X.gifv

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Episode 4 -- jesus

Homelanders the most looney tune crazy character I've seen in so long, I can't remember a comparison

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

re: Homelander and Stormfront

He's going to 'lazer her tits' possibly twice so I'm wondering how that comes about or in what context. In the trailer she's already scarred up at that point

Also Lamplighter is in this season so that's cool. He's the one that Frenchie has beef with

edit: poor Doppleganger, what he was saying didn't seem scripted so I feel like he really had a crush on Homelander :smith:

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
I went into the season thinking that maybe they would want to avoid naming one of the heroes after a white suprematist internet forum, like Stormfront, but maybe they were actually being a little on-the-nose about that one.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

homelander encounters mother's milk and is overcome with conflicting emotions

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Wollawolla posted:

I went into the season thinking that maybe they would want to avoid naming one of the heroes after a white suprematist internet forum, like Stormfront, but maybe they were actually being a little on-the-nose about that one.

Stormfront has been a Nazi phrase for basically as long as Nazis have had iconography. Ennis had this poo poo pegged 10-15 years ago.

I don’t understand why so many people are like “drat that was really unintentionally funny or smart coming from a room of high payed genre savvy Hollywood writers!”

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
I know Homelander has extreme mommy issues but I find it HIGHLY unlikely that she would be his biological mom since there's a scene with her asking him to laser her tits in the trailer

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm curious to see what happens with that - I could see Vought being incredibly pissed because yeah, Doppelganger's ability is arguably the most useful / powerful of any of them outside of a pure "gently caress it, we're taking over" situation, especially in the context of them trying to integrate supes into national defense, but the fact that he's locked into Homelander's shape also has a ton of potential - at the very least it would let them lay the perfect trap for the Boys and send Butcher into a tailspin if he thinks his revenge got taken away from him somehow.

Also I like how they handled MM's backstory and I really, really hope if they go any deeper into it they stay as far away from the source material as possible because christ it's awful.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Also, coconut candy bar owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I have a fatal nut allergy, so when dealing with most chocolate bars all my life, i’ve been limited.

I do love Mounds bars though. Twix and Milky Ways are excellent, too.