Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

normally I'm a sucker for good costumes (please don't look at my fuckin warframe account) but I don't think I've seen a single costume in this game I'd spend a buck on

there's this cool red hoodie in the marketplace I bought along with a grey and red catsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there something u have to do to unlock all the missions on the table? People on Reddit keep recommending missions I don’t have. I’m looking for the Day of the Remains but I can’t find it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

Is there something u have to do to unlock all the missions on the table? People on Reddit keep recommending missions I don’t have. I’m looking for the Day of the Remains but I can’t find it

Sometimes, but you just don't have everything at once. The table updates. It's a pretty short interval.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

fadam posted:

Isn't that part of the Reigning Supreme mission chain?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheAgent posted:

normally I'm a sucker for good costumes (please don't look at my fuckin warframe account) but I don't think I've seen a single costume in this game I'd spend a buck on

Kamala wearing a Throg hat is an instabuy.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I just unlocked widow in the campaign and it still feels like I am hopelessly button mashing.

Something about the lengths of the combo animations results in me often punching the air or shooting at no one.

I don’t really know how to get better at playing this game. Sure my people get stronger but that’s a different axis.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Seedge posted:

Isn't that part of the Reigning Supreme mission chain?

Yeah it’s in the inhuman sanctuary sub quest line in the main reigning supreme (post game) quest line. You get to it after doing a couple vaults and a few hives

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury
I'm currently working on the Reigning Supreme mission chain and I need to complete the Vault Onboarding to continue.

Looking online they all are telling me to go to missions I don't have to be able to unlock the vaults. And tracking that mission specifically doesn't lead to any assignments. Stuck on what to do next.

Edit: wow, guess you just have to wait for that specific mission to pop.

Sturm fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 12, 2020

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah it’s in the inhuman sanctuary sub quest line in the main reigning supreme (post game) quest line. You get to it after doing a couple vaults and a few hives

cheers!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sturm posted:

I'm currently working on the Reigning Supreme mission chain and I need to complete the Vault Onboarding to continue.

Looking online they all are telling me to go to missions I don't have to be able to unlock the vaults. And tracking that mission specifically doesn't lead to any assignments. Stuck on what to do next.

Yeah looking up info for this game is a bit of a pain in the rear end right now. Seems like the critical mass of weird informational youtubers haven't bothered with it and all the sites that used to do written guides started using them for info as well so they have nothing as well.

Stark realities is probably the one you're being told to go to when you look online right? That one was the go to last week to get the vaults and I still have it this week, it's a priority mission for me but if you don't have it then that is a bit of a pickle. I've found vault keys in other missions but can't remember off the top of my head.

Just in case you don't know, the vault keys are found in missions that then let you go do vault missions. So like in Stark Realities you have to go to the left of where the mission starts, ignoring the actual objective of the mission and then a little rangefinder thing will pop up and tick down as you get closer, when you find it you get an interactable and then that opens a little vault with a chest that has a vault key in it. Then you can go do a vault mission, to repeat them you have to get another vault key and they respawn so you can just rinse repeat a mission once you find the vault key in it to get them again.

Related, anyone else finding the dailies/weeklies and the requirements for them pretty crazy sometimes? Like I have a Cap one this week to do five vault missions as him and I just, can't be arsed to do that cause that's a lot of a slightly repetitive mission type to do on one character. Then on another character I have "rescue 20 hostages" but I only seem to find them when I'm playing another character and then the daily version of that is "rescue 10 hostages" which is a bit of an ask imo. Then sometimes it's just something you can literally do in a single mission like killing 10 enemies with headshots as cap or taking out 60 enemies while flying as an example. Minor issue compared to some of the other poo poo but just screams that it wasn't playtested in a "is this fun/does this feel good" way cause you could half the requirements sometimes and it'd still be a task.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I don't really like the daily/weekly challenges. I wish it was just XP based, because I like to switch between characters on missions to level each of them up. But it seems like the game really wants you to pick a character and stick with them.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is it worth going out of your way to get the bonus stuff on the maps?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Invalid Validation posted:

Is it worth going out of your way to get the bonus stuff on the maps?

It's loot, resources, and XP. You don't miss out on any sort of story stuff by not doing them, but if you're trying to collect stuff and/or do challenges, then those help. So just depends on what your goal is.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I used to get all of them on the map but now I don’t pick them up unless they’re on my way to the main objective.

Basically farm them if you’re trying to push up your Power in the early to mid-late game. I actually don’t want to raise my power level too far out of line with my character level when bringing up a character because then you end up in later game groups/missions without having your skills filled out.

They’re also a good source of comics and upgrade materials though so you definitely want to get SOME

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Daily for Widow yesterday, when I had all day:
Press L2 then R2 and shoot a few dudes

Daily for Widow today, before work:
While the moon is in retrograde on a night map in New Jersey, with Iron Man on your team, defeat enemies with a 7 hit combo finisher while they're affected by Pym Particles and your Intrinsic energy is full

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I guess they nerfed it online, but if you unplug your Ethernet and play campaign and full the Day of the Remains mission you’re guaranteed a +5 piece of gear and a bunch of xp, Nats and upgrade modules.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

It also gives a blue pattern. Easy way to stock up on cosmetic credits. Offline the cosmetic vendor refreshes in 1 hour.

Theres supposedly some more time skip stuff you can do like maxing out factions and challenge cards quickly. Don't think I'd do these.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So how does gearing work in this game, I know the PL cap is 150, but can I get there just by doing this DotR mission over and over?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

fadam posted:

So how does gearing work in this game, I know the PL cap is 150, but can I get there just by doing this DotR mission over and over?

From what people have been saying, 130 is the highest drop gear, then you can use the upgrade system to boost it to 140, and then get +10 levels from your Artifact to get to 150.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gotcha, thanks! So I should find a legendary at 130 with the perks I like then crank that?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

fadam posted:

Gotcha, thanks! So I should find a legendary at 130 with the perks I like then crank that?

Yeah pretty much. Some legendaries at that level drop with 3 stat bonuses so I stick with legendaries that have 3 useful stat bonuses then whatever other gear effects are secondary to me.

I’m currently sitting at 141 power with my hulk and solo elite hives, vaults, and villains without any real trouble. I rarely even use my rage trigger anymore unless I really fall asleep at the wheel

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
has anyone found any drops with cosmic?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m at 130 on my Iron Man and I feel like a lot of poo poo still fucks me up lol.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
just found my new favourite bug -- I died once against elite abomination, and the second time he just literally stood there and never attacked. He was T-posed half the time, it ruled, I just got to beat him up like a pinata

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soonmot posted:

has anyone found any drops with cosmic?

Not a thing. I'm thinking it might get added when Captain Marvel does.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

fadam posted:

I’m at 130 on my Iron Man and I feel like a lot of poo poo still fucks me up lol.

It doesn’t hurt that I have over 23k health and over 300% recovery effectiveness. With some occasional dodging and using skills/takedowns to regen I’m basically unkillable. And things are rarely even able to hit me because I’m either holding them or they’re in midair after I punted them

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
What's the deal with the fabricator atm, it's bugged and won't give you your rewards? I'm scared to try it :ohdear:

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Yes do not use it, I have been hosed out of like a dozen costumes. Either the fabricator just doesn't give you anything or the costumes it does give you disappear.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
Game has a bunch of bugs and things that are straight-up busted but I'll be damned if I didn't have blast running around with some friends last night. It feels like the game is in a worse position than Destiny 1 at launch, but if they fix the bugs and do some quality of life upgrades I can see myself playing this for years. Hopefully the community doesn't die before the fixes come.

And just to be clear: matchmaking is at least partially busted, right? Or are there really no other people online to do coop with?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oh man this reigning supreme quest line goes on forever. I thought I’d go back and knock it out but it just keeps going. The new ask is to complete all the iconic mission chains for every character dang

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Oh man this reigning supreme quest line goes on forever. I thought I’d go back and knock it out but it just keeps going. The new ask is to complete all the iconic mission chains for every character dang

You're closer to the end of that quest chain than you think. I auto completed that because I did all the Iconic stuff after the campaign because I wanted the costumes :D

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Hellburger99 posted:

And just to be clear: matchmaking is at least partially busted, right? Or are there really no other people online to do coop with?

No it's fully busted, some people can get the purely random matchmaking to work but for a specific mission it seems pretty busted. I'm not sure cause I didn't bother getting playstation plus until I hear reports it's fixed or Spelunky 2 comes out on tuesday.

As you say though, the core of the game is pretty solid. It just needs way more environments to smash through and some more variety in the enemies imo. Like if the first couple heroes come with missions that have some new locations and then the Wakanda update or whatever has similar then that'll be a good start, get Hydra, the Hand, the Kree and the Skrull all involved with each successive hero or something. Those first couple updates will be very telling in my opinion cause right now this doesn't feel like a game that a bunch of studios spent 4 years working on in terms of content.

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury
Was trying to do that Elite Forest Vault mission as part of the post game mission chain and torpedo is rough. Just getting knocked out all the time.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Torpedo means dodge after pretty much every move. Dodge - throw rock at drone. Dodge - throw rock at turret. Mixing in big attacks on any stunned guys whenever they appear.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Finally got to the end of the post game quest line and beat the 14 floor hive. 14 floors of hive really shines a spotlight on how few activities there are to do in hives right now. There's smash a couple stationary objects, stand in 3 spots, kill the enemies, and protect the scientists. It was moderately harder than the other missions but I only got downed once when I decided to stand in the middle of 4 assault adaptoids and got chained to death. The artifact you get for it also seems kinda bad, especially compared to the one you get for beating all the iconic missions which is great.

Now to never play a mission in single player ever again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Namaer posted:

Yes do not use it, I have been hosed out of like a dozen costumes. Either the fabricator just doesn't give you anything or the costumes it does give you disappear.

When you appear to get nothing, it was an emote.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Anyone have their inputs violently poo poo the bed on PC? It looks like it’s flickering between M*KB and game pad like ten times a second and it obviously turns the game unplayable when that happens.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Shut off steam in the background it fucks with controller real bad.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Invalid Validation posted:

Shut off steam in the background it fucks with controller real bad.

If steam’s doing it does forcing its stupid controller settings stuff to “off” fix it? It’s weird, never had the problem until tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It does help if you shut it all off but it still crops up sometimes if it’s in the background