Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Racist redneck pieces of poo poo got someone elected president, why would it be surprising they could shower money on Cornette?

He's another of those "he gives me a voice" people who have a platform for people who think the world is too PC because they can't walk outside and shout the N-word without consequences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cornette telling a 16 year old to blow him

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1302585329711489024

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"gently caress you" is the correct response to anything Cornette says so good on them

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
not that it will or should surprise anyone but jim came to the defense of JRs bad line about Anna Jay adding further that showing her tits is "the only reason she's there" and that he didn't believe anyone was actually upset about it because no women watch AEW and only women could be bothered by it I guess

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Congrats to Jim Cornette on his NXT deal.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

not that it will or should surprise anyone but jim came to the defense of JRs bad line about Anna Jay adding further that showing her tits is "the only reason she's there" and that he didn't believe anyone was actually upset about it because no women watch AEW and only women could be bothered by it I guess

i listened to this and that's not what he actually said. you are either being disingenuous or jim cornette has successfully broken your brain.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and yet you elected to not tell us what actually he said

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
good. dont tell me what he said

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

"so what the gently caress is she actually there for? she's there as one of the heels and to look good in that loving outfit. she's the only member of the dark order that looks like anything. it's not like, 'wow i'd like to see her titties bouncing around.'"

the part about him not believing people are upset because only women would be upset seems to be based on a joke at the end where brian quoted a comment from a woman fan and he said "well i don't believe that first comment is real because women don't watch aew"

he never said anything like only women would be upset. he did say several times that he thinks people are out of their minds to be upset.

you could criticize what he actually did say of course, won't debate that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

"so what the gently caress is she actually there for? she's there as one of the heels and to look good in that loving outfit. she's the only member of the dark order that looks like anything. it's not like, 'wow i'd like to see her titties bouncing around.'"

the part about him not believing people are upset because only women would be upset seems to be based on a joke at the end where brian quoted a comment from a woman fan and he said "well i don't believe that first comment is real because women don't watch aew"

he never said anything like only women would be upset. he did say several times that he thinks people are out of their minds to be upset.

Sounds like he literally said she is only there to be eye candy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Sounds like he literally said she is only there to be eye candy.

Yeah that's exactly what he's saying. I don't know how anyone could read that differently.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
That is not near different enough for you to make an ominous first post then come in for the kill on a second post.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah but like i said you don't need to say he said "showing her tits is the only reason she's there." that is a much more offensive statement than saying she is there to look good, which like i said, you can still criticize.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yeah but like i said you don't need to say he said "showing her tits is the only reason she's there." that is a much more offensive statement than saying she is there to look good, which like i said, you can still criticize.

Sounds like the same thing to me.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

they're both offensive and whether he said "tits" or not doesn't make a meaningful difference

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
if in the context of people being upset that a commentator made a joke about wanting to see a woman's tits, someone says (exact quote) "what do they think she's out there for?", the most charitable interpretation is that this person is saying she's out there for commentators to make comments about her tits. i guess technically that's not saying she's out there to show off her tits, and it's also not saying her job is to go out there and expose her bare breasts because that is obviously not allowed on television, but the implication most certainly is that her role is to have tits and be in front of a camera, for people to see them, or at least their facade under one or more layers of clothing.

going even further with "so what the gently caress is she actually there for?" (exact quote) that person is expressing their disbelief at the idea anyone would care about this (or any) woman except for her tits, and seeing them, and talking about them. if i stop being charitable i think jim cornette sees no value in women in television (or anywhere else) except as sex objects. i think he's a misogynist. to be fair, he's also a lot of other things, and probably has issues seeing the value in anything that doesn't fulfill his base needs of sex, cheeseburgers, 70's memphis wrestling, and the adulation of somehow even sadder and lonelier wrestling nerds.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
The really sad part about Cornette is that he almost gets it sometimes. I was going to listen to his podcast with FTR, and at the start he is discussing the whole situation with BLM and George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, and from what I heard he was 100% in support of people protesting, stated that the cops murdered George Floyd, and sounded genuinely upset about the circumstances of Taylor's senseless death at the hands of the cops. Real life intervened so I didn't get to finish listening to the whole thing, so maybe at the end before FTR arrived he said something stupid that invalidated whatever points he had made previously. But from what I did hear, he sounded like he was 100% on the side of people protesting and that they had every right to be angry and wanting things to change. So it's almost like if he could just not be a toxic masculinity kinda rear end in a top hat, he'd actually be a decent person. But yeah, broken clocks and all that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so we can only criticize what he says as long as we give what he says incredibly generous readings that only assume the best of Jim and Brian, got it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dying on this here hill at Camp Cornette.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

You're just like Trump supporters who thought the reason everyone was mad at him because he said the word pussy, not that he admitted to sexual assault. What the gently caress is wrong with your brain?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Im sorry sir you have a fatal case of internet contrarian disease.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lol the Cornette cockroaches that linger around here are so loving weird

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mod Edit: Don't post people's thread ratings.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 12, 2020

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The following people considered this thread better than a 1

this is a deadass honest question

who gives a gently caress?

Mod Edit: Removed thread ratings

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 12, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im 100% certain every time i've voted a thread anything over the past few years was misclicking while trying to go back to the subforum main page

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

i like this thread where people dunk on the tennis racket man

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Critical posted:

yeah why would you post this. what are you trying to do here?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 12, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Alaois posted:

im 100% certain every time i've voted a thread anything over the past few years was misclicking while trying to go back to the subforum main page

:emptyquote:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chris James 2 posted:

I accidentally vote all the time. In the days of mobile browsers and fat goon hands it's a bit of a dick move calling someone out here imo

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 12, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just voted it a 4 to bridge the gap

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
voted 5 to lure

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Critical posted:

yeah why would you post this. what are you trying to do here?

sk posted:

i like this thread where people dunk on the tennis racket man

Quoting these people because they're correct. Honestly, if people want to concentrate their "make fun of Jim Cornette and call him an out-of-touch brokebrained fuckwit" posts in this thread and enjoy doing so, then who gives a poo poo?

The only thing worse than Cornette in this thread is the crybaby wanks who come in here to whinge about people talking about and making fun of Cornette. gently caress off, then.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've been around for almost 20 years and I'm pretty sure I've never ratet a thread ever, let alone on purpose.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Let's fight Jim Cornette's stupid bullshit, not each other

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still want to know who rated the worst thread ever in imp zone a 2. i want names, i want blood.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Orange Carlisle posted:

Let's fight Jim Cornette's stupid bullshit, not each other

Seriously. Use this thread for its intended purpose of quarantining Jim Cornette from the rest of the wrestling world, not having a go at each other. Thanks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what did i rate this thread?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tim Cornette

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sometimes I rate a thread 5 so I can go into the thread and say "I went Hog Wild. 5."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thread raters should remain a mystery