Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Palate cleanser:

I(15M) want to be cuddled by my girlfriend(16F) but I don't know how to ask her without being embarrassed or looking wimpy.

quote:

So I dont know how to put this but I like being the one cuddled sometimes but I'm afraid to ask out of embarrassment like what if she thinks that's weird or something! I don't know im really nervous to ask but my Girlfriend is coming over tomorrow after school so I want to ask then but at the same time I'm scared she will think im like weak or something. I know my Girlfriend and she would never insult me but I'm afraid if she thinks something in her head. Like she is my frist girlfriend she was my first kiss and everything. I also don't want her to feel like maternal either because she is a year older then me and a grade above me. Im just really nervous and I dont know how how to go about this.

Td;lr I want to be cuddled but don't want to look like a wimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Straight White Shark posted:

Palate cleanser:

I(15M) want to be cuddled by my girlfriend(16F) but I don't know how to ask her without being embarrassed or looking wimpy.

Awwwwwww

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

"Jay has now sent it to me to do whatever I think is best with it."

whoops. i suspected jay was just trying to leverage this into having sex with OP again given the company he keeps, but apparently he is the rare decent 'landlord'.

Straight White Shark posted:

Palate cleanser:

this is too cute for this thread, how are we supposed to argue now.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for making a fat joke?

quote:

Probably am. But its not as horrible as it sounds. So me and my friends were hanging out at our camper right before school started. Me and my friend Mike (we’re both overweight) we’re having a regular conversation until somehow we starting insulting each other. He came at me about how my girlfriends always leave me, and how I wasn’t “big enough to satisfy them”. I tried to move past it but it hurt because I’m pretty self conscious (not about my pp just in general). Eventually the topic of who’s the better fighter came up, because we all enjoyed boxing. I was still hurt, so I said “Well, mike doesn’t stand a chance because if you put him on his back he can’t get up.” I thought it was hilarious. But everyone went dead silent. They told me after it was a low blow and I should be more sensitive. I apologized because I’m also overweight and I understand how it feels. I said since I apologized on my own accord, I think I deserve an apology over him insulting my history with girls. He said “you always try to play the victim” and “you need to know when you’re wrong”. But I don’t think it’s too much to ask for an apology. AITA?

Edit: Yeah we commonly insult each other but he’s never taken it this seriously before. I think he might have life stuff going on so I’m going to ask him.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

whoops. i suspected jay was just trying to leverage this into having sex with OP again given the company he keeps, but apparently he is the rare decent 'landlord'.

I might be misreading it, but it sounds like Jay and OP were the original couple but broke up on good terms. Then Jay got introduced to the group of assholes and is just trying to do right by OP.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Invisible Clergy posted:

I know they're not doing anything illegal, but I somehow feel like if a bank saw regular £50 transactions from guy 1 to guy 2 with "jane" or whatever in it, it would raise a couple of red flags

Might count as pimping, I'm not sure. She's not having sex for money, but he's demanding money for her having sex so...

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

WIBTA for going over a physicians head when he did not agree on my credentials as a nurse practitioner?

quote:

So I would like to settle this issue I had a while ago.

I am a nurse practitioner. The degree I got was a doctorate. Ok, fine, it is what it is, I don’t go rubbing it in people’s faces. I had been hired at a new practice working with two physicians. I was told I was going to have lab coats and business cards with my name and credentials on them and I needed to let the office manager know what to put on them. So after my name I added my doctorate title and my certification title. This seems pretty standard when it comes to formal things in the medical field.

So I told the office manager how I want my name and titles written. About two days later she came back and said I could not include my doctorate degree on my coat or cards anywhere. She said that one of the physicians saw that and got upset that I, as a nurse, wanted to list my doctorate title. He said that only physicians are real doctors and that nurse practitioners are just glorified handmaidens and cannot use the title doctor.

Now, I wasn’t even using the term “Dr.”. I never use it in practice. Honestly I never use it and could careless. But his attitude rubbed me the wrong way. It is simply a credential, and lots of people list their credentials after their name. Here’s where I think I was TA. I went over his head to his superior and let him know what was going on. He said he was embarrassed on behalf of the physicians attitude, and I would put whatever o want on my jacket/cards. Physician got mad and wouldn’t speak to me for a couple days. AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (24M) therapist (45+F) is a hard right conspiracy theorist...

quote:

So, I’ve been doing telephone therapy sessions with my therapist for a few months now; overall, I found it to be pretty helpful and the advice to be pretty reliable. In the last session towards the end, while making small talk, we got into politics. I’m a very liberal person and love to talk politics , but my therapist went off on a tangent, essentially saying that Trump is the greatest president ever, Obama was proven in the Mueller report to be behind it, Obama was behind corona and a spy, and other stuff talking about the deep state.

Usually, when I hear these types of things are kind of just laugh it off, but as my therapist, I have found it a little bit disturbing that she could be so accepting of easily disproved lies and willing to talk to me about it so matter of fact. I trust her with my mental health, and these comments make me question her judgment.

I’ve spent a fair amount of money and time with her. I don’t really want to get a new therapist and have to go through everything All over again...

What should I do?

Also, I would like to reiterate that having differing ideologies is not a problem but as a medical professional being so accepting of something so outlandish kind of gives me a bit of worry.

TL;DR, my therapist, is really involved in right-wing conspiracy theories, and it has made me hesitant towards her advice on my mental health.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We like to talk up therapists but honest to gently caress everyone I've ever known who became a therapist started out an incompetent incomplete person.

Anyway good luck finding one less wrong and stupid all the time.

Tarkus V2.0
May 30, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

People always claim that therapy is a plus and will help you and I would agree with that, however... Every therapist I've ever met, aside from one, has been an absolute train-wreck of problems who shove their own baggage onto others. I'm not even sure what to say except that, that poo poo sucks, change your therapist.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Motherfucker posted:

We like to talk up therapists but honest to gently caress everyone I've ever known who became a therapist started out an incompetent incomplete person.
Anyway good luck finding one less wrong and stupid all the time.

Advice columnists especially, who tend to respond to these r/relationships or r/aita type problems, like dear prudie especially like to use it as a catchall recommendation.

Within the actual medical community, therapists, (especially talk therapists of the sort OP is seeing, who aren't doctors and may not even be psychologists) are largely regarded as people who have issues of their own and think that learning the craft will enable them to fix their own problems. It never seems to turn out that way.

Either way, if OP's therapist is a chud, somehow I doubt she's very good at her job, and op should definitely quit giving her money.

It's been too long since a good old fashioned dirty rear end post:

AITA for telling someone it’s disgusting that they don’t wash their rear end properly?

quote:

so i was talking to my friend bother let’s call him john,a tik tok came up talking about how some men don’t let the water go between their rear end checks when they shower and how it’s nasty. john said “why would i do that”. i just look at him and said “john are you not cleaning your rear end properly” he said “broo i am i’m just not gonna let the water get it like what”. i told him that’s disgusting and no one wants to smell his stinky rear end. let’s just say after i went home john blocked me.

Tarkus V2.0
May 30, 2008

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for telling someone it’s disgusting that they don’t wash their rear end properly?

rear end, hermetically sealed for freshness. Take a bite, or a lick, if you dare!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

The unbroken seal on Tutankhamun's rear end.

AITA for crying at work?

quote:

For context, I(19M) just moved from Oklahoma to Florida on my own about two months ago.

On Tuesday of last week, I got home from a rough work day at a kayak rental place. That night, I got a call from one of my best friends’ parents. They let me know that my best friend had died. I was absolutely broken.

This was not a friendly call, either. They were upset at me. They had informed me that I was listed as a reason for his death, in a note he left, and it was because I moved away. I wasn’t the main reason, but I contributed to it.

Having work the next day was the last thing on my mind. Either way, it was too late to call in from work. So the next day, with this regret and anger and sadness and absolute grief hanging in my mind, I went to the kayak rental place.

This turned out to be a bad idea. I cried at work. I tried not to make it obvious, I really did, but I kept breaking down. Now, as of this last Monday, I discovered that, all around the rental place, I’m known for being a “big baby”.

I never told them why I was crying (save for one person who asked). But even so, I was doing my job, and I don’t feel it’s any of their business, nor do I want to dump my problems on them. I’m still horribly broken up, but I’ve been able to keep my tears from their line of sight and away from work.

I might have made them feel uncomfortable when I cried though. I should have kept it at home. So I do feel bad in that aspect. But an unbiased view would be appreciated. AITA?
Boss makes a dollar; I make a dime. That's why I cry on company time.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Clenching my buttcheeks while I shower because my rear end in a top hat is the Wicked Witch of the West and will melt into a puddle of gay goo if it gets wet.

Like do these guys question their sexuality if they take a dump and some splashback hits their rear end in a top hat or what?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

cumshitter posted:

Clenching my buttcheeks while I shower because my rear end in a top hat is the Wicked Witch of the West and will melt into a puddle of gay goo if it gets wet.

Like do these guys question their sexuality if they take a dump and some splashback hits their rear end in a top hat or what?
Pretty sure they'd say kissing dudes is gay. I imagine that goes double for Poseidon's kiss.

I want to read an erotic science fiction short story called "The Gay Goo Scenario."

AITA For not shaving my legs

quote:

Throw away because my brother uses reddit and I don't want him to bother me with it "oh you really made a post about that?" I'm currently a freshman (F) but because of quarentine many more and I have been doing online school. My mom keeps trying to get me to shave my legs... I don't see the issue about it, it's just hair and plus we live where ticks and bugs are evil and like to bite the poo poo out of you and I barley get bit because I feel them touch my leg hair and smack them, I also only wear sweat pants because they are comfortable also when it's summer I wear cargo shorts, It's almost fall. Next nine weeks I'm going back to school (physically) and my mom blew up at me getting really upset saying that everybody is going to look, stare, gossip, and pick on me for having hairy legs. I told her it doesn't matter what they think and my friends don't care, plus people think I'm already weird. I think it's a hassle to shave my legs because I stab myself and it pulls the hair, it's VERY annoying. She keeps saying I'm just a rebelious teenager... now my mom and dad are in there whispering in there and laughing at how I'm rebelious teenager and how I know nothing about high school. Also she just came in here and asked for a hug and she said shes just worried about me. Hairy legs won't cause me an issue if I wear sweat pants and it's not like it's the first time ive been bullied. So AITA?
(banjo playing intensifies)

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Every single super macho "I ain't doing no gay poo poo and I don't tolerate no gay poo poo" guy should go to an actual gay bar and see how long it takes for someone to hit on them and buy them a drink as if they were a beautiful woman. It doesn't happen, because heterosexuality is a disease of the soul and is therefore not outwardly apparent, so everyone will just assume they are a disheveled gay man and then ignore them.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Sanford posted:

Miss Drew retired at Christmas of that year, and went to live in Africa where she caught malaria and died.

It's very 2020 for this sentence to be a happy ending. I hope it gets used more!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Yeah, definitely.

AITA for making my kids wear their school uniforms for online school?

quote:

My kids’ school is completely online right now due to social distancing precautions. The school has a policy that the kids must wear their uniforms during zoom classes. The teachers can see the kids when they’re on camera, so they can tell who is wearing the uniform during zoom classes, but only on top, and obviously not when they’re not on zoom but doing independent work. My daughter wanted to just wear the top of her uniform the other day; she claimed that none of her friends are actually wearing the uniform skirt and that the teachers can’t tell, but I told her that it was up to me to enforce the school rules and that she needed to wear full uniform. Then, when she was done with her zoom classes but had some independent study time, she wanted to change out of her uniform, which I also didn’t allow. She keeps complaining that none of her friends’ parents are enforcing uniform at home and that I’m being unfair. My view is that school rules should not be bent just because she’s doing school from home. My son does not have the same complaints and seems to be fine wearing his uniform the whole day. My husband says that maybe I’m being too strict, but he’s not the one doing laundry or interacting with the school/teachers. AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

Yeah, definitely.

Kinda but not really? Like its good to keep people in their routines when they are WFH / School from home. Which means getting up at a consistent time and doing things you'd normally do on a work / school day.

A lot of WFH advice does say to actually "get ready for work" which means wearing something like you might actually be going to work (ie not PJs or sweats).

I dunno. Routine can be a good thing especially in these weird times.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

how the gently caress do unwashed rear end people be like 'This is normal', one of my biggest loving horrors is finding out I'm doing private poo poo like wiping or washing up weird and wrong. Like what if I'm shaking the piss off my dick wrong. I'll never know.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Kinda but not really? Like its good to keep people in their routines when they are WFH / School from home. Which means getting up at a consistent time and doing things you'd normally do on a work / school day.

A lot of WFH advice does say to actually "get ready for work" which means wearing something like you might actually be going to work (ie not PJs or sweats).

I dunno. Routine can be a good thing especially in these weird times.
Every time I think I've found a post no one can take the wrong side on.

Motherfucker posted:

how the gently caress do unwashed rear end people be like 'This is normal', one of my biggest loving horrors is finding out I'm doing private poo poo like wiping or washing up weird and wrong. Like what if I'm shaking the piss off my dick wrong. I'll never know.
Like cumshitter says, it's rooted largely in homophobia/toxic masculinity. As with most toilet habits, it's down to bad parenting, like the classic reddit post of the guy who had been making GBS threads wrong his entire life. He left the toilet seat up at all times, even when he was making GBS threads, causing him to perch precariously on the very edge of the toilet base. He commented that he thought all men left the seat up at all times and was only disabused of this notion when replacing a toilet for his home and asking the salesman at the toilet store if he could pay less for a toilet with no seat since "as a man living alone, [he] would never need it." I assume he lived in a cave and had never seen tv or movies with people using toilets normally. I struggle to think of more than one way to shake the piss off a dick, so you're probably fine. If you're ever in doubt, fire up a few incognito tabs and so some research.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Motherfucker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8-Vjn2a8c

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
It feels like my (29F) best friend’s (30F) husband (30M) is trying to compete with my fiancé (31M) and it’s tearing our friendship apart.

quote:

My best friend Caroline is married to Derek. For full transparency me and Derek “dated” for two months when we were 18 but ultimately broke it off because he wanted to have sex and I wasn’t ready to take that step. He got with Caroline over two years later and she asked me if it was okay for them to date and I gave her my blessing so there’s no bad blood between the three of us. My fiancé also knows about our history together and is okay with me maintaining a friendship with Derek.

My fiancé proposed to me last year and ever since, it seems like Derek sees our relationship as a competition with his. He’s also made weird remarks about our past since which have made things awkward between all of us at times.

Some examples:

My fiancé is a lawyer, and now Derek is determined to go to law school despite mocking the profession multiple times. Caroline has been begging him not to as they can’t afford the financial burden of law school, but he made ‘jokes’ about how he was going to be a better lawyer than my fiancé. My fiancé shrugged it off and offered to help him if he chose to actually pursue law which pissed Derek off for some reason.

Caroline and Derek were child free by choice. Me and Caroline were talking about kids and I mentioned we were planning to have at least two and now she says Derek has been hounding her to change her mind about being child free and having a kid before us.

I was over at Caroline’s house, since she’s going to be my maid of honor and she was helping me with the early stages of planning the wedding, when Derek came home. He now wants to do a vow renewal with Caroline at the same location we were hoping to use. I don’t really care about the location, but Caroline had been begging him to do a vow renewal when they got to their tenth wedding anniversary, but he said the idea was dumb and was very against it, so the sudden change of heart is weird.

If we mention we’re going to do something, Derek always has to find a way to one up us. For example; we mentioned I was going to get a new car since my old one is starting to have a lot of problems recently. Derek went and bought Caroline a new car that was more expensive than the model we were talking about. She was pissed because she didn’t need a new car and it was really expensive.

Caroline has noticed this weird competition Derek is trying to force on us all too. However, she’s blaming my fiancé. She asked me to tell him to stop “showing off” (he doesn’t) and goading Derek (again, he doesn’t). I tried to explain the problem was Derek, but she just gets defensive and angry.

How can I discuss this with Caroline without both of our emotions getting in the way? Is there a way to get Derek to stop this? I honestly don’t get what he’s gaining from being like this since he’s known my fiancé for 5 years now and they’ve never had a problem before.

TL;DR – My best friend’s husband, who I very briefly dated, is suddenly making things between himself and my fiancé a competition. Some examples are wanting to renew his vows at the same location we wanted for our wedding, buying expensive stuff to try to “one up” whatever my fiancé buys, wanting to have kids when he was previously child free, wanting to switch careers to my fiancé’s to prove he was better than him. etc. It’s begging to cause problems between my best friend and me and I have no idea what to do.

Top reply:

redditor posted:

Tell Caroline you and your fiance are doing couple's therapy twice a week.

Hopefully Derek one ups you again and they go three times a week and he can get the help he obviously needs.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

That sounds like the opposite of a problem. Derek has handed OP a remote to make him do whatever kind of poo poo she wants.

"Fiance is going skydiving. Fiance is donating bone marrow. Fiance is donating money to charity." and so on.

AITA for "snitching" on my neighbor who has a dog in an apartment complex that doesn't allow pets?

quote:

I live in a pretty small apartment building; I think there are like 4 apartment complexes per floor. It's a relatively new building and so not all of the apartments are currently occupied. On my floor, there is only one other woman who occupies the apartment right next to mine. When I moved in, I remember being told about a strict no pet policy.

My neighbor, who I've only ever talked to in passing, has somehow been sneaking a small dog into her apartment. Not sure how she gets past the security cameras but she has managed to smuggle this dog into her apartment for at least a month now without getting caught.

My problem is I work 40 hour weeks which have only gotten more stressful due to the pandemic. Recently, this dog has been barking and waking me up at the same time in the middle of the night. At first I didn't say anything because I thought maybe it could be a service animal. But after having this happen repeatedly for the last week, I went over to my neighbor and asked if she was allowed to have the dog in her apartment.

She ended up confirming that it wasn't a service animal, and kinda laughed about "how clueless management is" since they haven't caught on to her having a dog. I told her "well can you make him not bark at 3 am? Cause I can hear it almost every night." She told me she'd take care of it.

Sure enough, a few nights ago I get woken up by this dog. So yesterday I told management.

Today, my neighbor comes over and knocks on my door and is fuming. She starts telling me that she just got a warning that if she doesn't get rid of the dog, she risks getting evicted. She told me how she's new to the city, doesn't know anyone, and this dog is all she has to keep her company and now she either has to get rid of it, or risk losing her apartment.

I told her it's not really my problem, especially since I brought up the fact that her dog kept me up several nights. She told me I was cruel for "snitching" on her since now she risks losing two important things. After thinking about it, I kinda feel bad now. AITA?
reapingsowing.jpg

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

That sounds like the opposite of a problem. Derek has handed OP a remote to make him do whatever kind of poo poo she wants.

"Fiance is going skydiving. Fiance is donating bone marrow. Fiance is donating money to charity." and so on.

AITA for "snitching" on my neighbor who has a dog in an apartment complex that doesn't allow pets?
But after having this happen repeatedly for the last week, I went over to my neighbor and asked if she was allowed to have the dog in her apartment.

OK so person goes and asks about the dog but doesn't say anything about the barking?

I'd be curious why the dog is barking in the middle of the night and she either doesn't hear it or is ignoring it. Maybe she's locking it in another room at night?

He could have at least said something while having the conversation with her.

Edit:

Angrymog posted:

OP did say something. " I told her "well can you make him not bark at 3 am? Cause I can hear it almost every night." She told me she'd take care of it."

Ugh I'm tired. My bad. Too bad for her.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 12, 2020

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

MarcusSA posted:

OK so person goes and asks about the dog but doesn't say anything about the barking?

I'd be curious why the dog is barking in the middle of the night and she either doesn't hear it or is ignoring it. Maybe she's locking it in another room at night?

He could have at least said something while having the conversation with her.

OP did say something. " I told her "well can you make him not bark at 3 am? Cause I can hear it almost every night." She told me she'd take care of it."

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Invisible Clergy posted:

reapingsowing.jpg

Unfortunately for OP, the problem is that her friend is blaming her fiance for all of this, and not realising that Derek is planning on killing him, absorbing his essence, wearing him as a skin suit and getting back together with OP, who I'm assuming is his "one that got away" given that he started dating her best friend......

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
She carries the dog around in her purse and treats it like an accessory. I have an aunt who used to do that when she had a tiny dog, but she didn't live in a place that forbid having pets.

I say snitching is fine in this case. For their building the "No pets" rule isn't just between her and her landlord, but a common agreement between all tenants.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I know some people itt dislike SBC tweets because they seem fake, or seem like exaggerated trashy-people tourism like a Jerry Springer episode, but I think there are some that can easily stand on their own, like these two large daughters:

https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1303739900555132933?s=21

And Mr. “I’m from Maryland” over here

https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1303739905412083712?s=21

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Pirate Radar posted:

I know some people itt dislike SBC tweets because they seem fake, or seem like exaggerated trashy-people tourism like a Jerry Springer episode, but I think there are some that can easily stand on their own, like these two large daughters:

Those people are to be ignored. The same could be said for any posts in this thread. Always a delight to see SBCposting.

Q5: I feel like if you cuck the older brother, that makes you the de facto biggest brother until the balance of power can be restored somehow.

AITA for telling my wife she helps the kids too much with their school work and problem solving?

quote:

In my opinion my wife helps the kids way too much with their school work. As soon as there are any signs of struggle she bails them out and finds the answers for them. The latest example, this morning my HS freshman daughter was doing a mind map and my wife was googling ideas for her. I told my wife to stop helping and she got really defensive. I explained (probably in not the right tone) that she was hurting them by not letting them learn problem solving on their own. She shut me out and when I asked why she said, "I'm a grown rear end adult, and you're talking me to like I'm a child... I know what I'm doing and I don't help them too much."

Past examples are when they make poor choices and wait to the last minute with school projects (which is frequent), she usually ends up doing most of the project for them, or at least hovering and directing. At the start of this school year, my daughter couldn't figure out her virtual school schedule. She pitched a fit, whined, and went to her room. My wife figured out the schedule and laid out everthing for my daughter.

I've spent many late nights in my life working through school problems, last minute, projects, etc. I've learned a ton about personal responsibility and figuring out my own poo poo. In my programming job, I'm constantly figuring out little problems. There's times when I think I'm stuck and question my career choice, but I always figure out how to get past the problem. I think being able to deal with adversity is a strong skill for adults to have and I don't think my wife is allowing my kids to figure this out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Fuuuuuck that , what a waste of time. I went to schools with uniforms for 14 years. Absolutely loving hated them and taught me no valuable life lessons except that school uniforms are insanely uncomfortable.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

They're also extremely expensive due to kickbacks. That's the only reason they're there. :capitalism:

AITA: Not letting younger sister eat ice cream

quote:

I (22) sternly told my younger sister (13) she can’t eat ice cream. This has been goin for a while, she eats a light breakfast, then junk food for lunch, and when it’s time for dinner she barely eats. I asked her today what she ate for breakfast and she told be bacon and eggs, that’s in the morning. It’s 3:15 and she served herself ice cream, when I saw her at the table I asked her what did she eat for lunch, she said nothing. I told her she can heat up the spaghetti and eat (her favorite) afterwards she can have her ice cream. Now so feel bad because she’s angry at me. I have no problem with her eating ice cream, but if she does she’ll tell out mom she’s full from earlier and not finish dinner. So AITA

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA: Not letting younger sister eat ice cream

Why is this person trying to parent their sister?

Who gives a poo poo really.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I went to a school where the uniform was suit jacket, button down and tie and all that uniform taught me was rich kids have too much loving money.

The top one is giving me intense female author trying to write from a man's perspective and failing.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Invisible Clergy posted:

Yeah, definitely.

The son doesn't complain because uniforms for guys are generally more comfortable than the ones for girls. I'd have killed to be allowed to wear the male uniforms in school. They weren't fuckin starched plaid skirts.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Alas, the kinds of schools that force uniforms on their students tend to be the ones who will say you can only wear one sex's uniform.

AITA for leaving a one-star review?

quote:

I'm (F24) an expat living in an European country for 2 years. I speak the local language and identify more as a local here than to my homeland (also Europe). I recently started grad school and was after a part time job. I applied to a cleaner job at this company, and got called in to an interview. The emails we exchanged with the manager (M45-50) were professional and in the local language.

I arrive and initiate the conversation in the local language. He seems surprised, saying ‘he hasn’t met a single person here who speaks this well'. I take it as a compliment and am happy that I might have a bigger chance of getting the gig. We start the interview, and after almost every basic expression, he asks if I understood them correctly. After a while this made me uncomfortable, and it also disrupted the flow of the conversation. I started to feel belittled.

I worked in cleaning before, I was employed by a restaurant for 1,5 years. I consider myself a professional and have never received any complaints about my work nor from guests neither from management. The manager starts asking about my experience and I tell him the exact same thing. He then asks if I can use a mop. I say sure, and in my confusion jokingly asked ‘why, do you want me to show you?’ And then, he pulled out a mop and asked me to start mopping in the office. He agreed that I can indeed mop, then mansplained the right technique– that I just demonstrated. I say, ‘that’s exactly what I just did’. He ignored it. He then starts talking about how cleaning is hard labor, and not everyone is cut for it. At this point I am very confused, my experience of 1,5 years is clearly stated in my CV. I repeated that I did work in this industry for a while, and I do know what I’m getting into. He continues explaining the hardships of the industry. I, at this point extremely embarrassed and belittled, kinda gave up repeating myself. I still hoped to get the job since he is just the middle man for the personnel company.

That same night I went out and shared my experience about the interview. People were horrified and told me I should leave a bad review. I left a one-star review without any comment and my name visible. I then went to bed and kinda forgot about it.

The next day, my phone rings and it’s the manager, screaming that I'm a terrible person and must take my review down immediately. He says I must be bitter that I didn't get a job from him (he did not get back to me after the interview yet with any sort of answer) and then yells that there are people working for him that need to feed their kids and I ruined their reputation. I told him I didn't aim my review to anyone but him because of how he treated me. I did take down the review – I thought he had a point about other cleaners and could have specified that I reviewed only him as a manager, not the people working for him. I sent an email to him instead, explaining my experience in detail. AITA for how I handled the situation?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

you're the rear end in a top hat for caving lmao.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

fins posted:

It's very 2020 for this sentence to be a happy ending. I hope it gets used more!

Your quote reminded me of a detail I missed. She retired at Christmas of that year after smacking the poo poo out of a kid. Imagine that happening now and the teacher being allowed to just retire. Poor Oliver. He was only sitting under a table.

Sanford fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 12, 2020

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA For Telling My Father To Buy Me A Apartment (In A Dickish Manner)?

Confirm you are in the will. Kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but uniforms are standard in the UK until sixth form, then I think some posh sixth forms still have them