Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Belan posted:

Fubuki has been promoting every Hololive en member on twitter so far, wonder is she's gotten any sleep lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5PrReAnjQE

probably not, shes acting out sharks intro now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Reclines Obesily posted:

coco helped screen the new talent, shes gonna run the company one day

she's essentially responsible for its global presence and a ton of her content like pushing all of hololive into ARK and doing asacoco was huge for everyone. then we have holohouse

Buddha Fett
Apr 8, 2011
I formally submit Holmies for Watson's crew nickname.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JazzFlight posted:

One more favorite Korone vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEQDRu8HY2g

She's just so freaking adorable.

Korone is basically cuteness incarnate and it's even funnier because she often says or does the weirdest poo poo in the most ridiculous cute way.

My favorite is still Pekora because I like how just throwing her into any collab means quality content.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 2, 2021

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Buddha Fett posted:

The hounds

Tabletops posted:

Holohouse kinda scares me. Bunch of babies who've never lived on their own (at least afaik w/ Kanata and a lot of the other younger talent). I think what scares me the most is coco taking on a lot of financial risk. If hololive tanks or viewers move on Id be worried. Seems a bit fast but idk.

Also little sad that Pekora hasn't done any offline collabs w holohouse stuff. Id never expect her to move in given she's uhh a bit of a hikki lol but she's been great in the few she's done before.

Are we talking about financial risk in the context of the same Coco that happened to mention that she slept on a futon and then had to go buy the most expensive bed she could find because she was showered in money?

Marine will probably convince Pekora to do some hololive stuff soon. She's nice like that

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I fell into the hole by watching a clip of the Trash Taste podcast where they talk about how Gigguk donated during Coco’s 3D debut. It was all downhill from there.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
for the english audience i feel like theres been many vtuber hole moments, in order of appearance

miko gta > fubuki scatman > asacoco > matsuris viral translated clips > korone and pekora being memed all over the internet > pikamee and tomoshika clip

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I wouldn't worry about holohouse or the talent. Keep in mind without doxxing at all, many of them are adults well into their 20s/30s who have been professionals in various fields prior to becoming vtubers, they can handle it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

yo what da gently caress

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I think my first exposure was Kizuna Ai clips of her saying "gently caress" and having those in my youtube but not watching any of her stuff regularly ended up putting Miko saying english game titles in my recommendations

and that was that.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

RubberLuffy posted:

I think my first exposure was Kizuna Ai clips of her saying "gently caress" and having those in my youtube but not watching any of her stuff regularly ended up putting Miko saying english game titles in my recommendations

and that was that.
I remember seeing Kizuna Ai clips years ago but just writing it off as "oh interesting, but I don't understand anything she's saying."

Now that this whole thing blew up and has major companies putting money behind it and fans editing together shorter compilations with subtitles, it's much more palatable.

Buddha Fett
Apr 8, 2011
[url="I succeeded! https://imgur.com/gallery/x7COvaA"]I think I succeeded![/url]

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

RubberLuffy posted:

and that was that.

going to expose how much of a nerd i am but i was exposed from watching eilene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET3CJ0i2rOo

then i moved over to kizuna until her company tried to kill her then i dropped off vtubers until i saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcpB9F67k6M

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Buddha Fett posted:

i was down for this and then people brought this up https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Holmies

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Shut up and take my coupons!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's a fancy intro

Hahaha this is a next level layout

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Onean posted:

Right? (Though, mine was Korone's Chainsaw clip, then Pikamee and Tomoshika's Ho clip shortly after.)

I was brought in by the later. "Lets Kill da Ho!"

Buddha Fett
Apr 8, 2011

Ashtarath posted:

i was down for this and then people brought this up https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Holmies

Yeah, reddit pointed that out to me, and now I really, really hope it doesn't happen.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Phew, I only wanted her to have a British accent if she really had one.
I'm glad she dropped it so that she wasn't going to do bad fake cockney all the time.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m vibing off the energy Amelia is giving me. Her accent throws me off so much as a British person but I still enjoy listening to her.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
This is that character with maxed out charisma.

Belan
May 7, 2007
January 6th is Sherlock Holmes birthday :S

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hmm... I was kinda hoping she'd be like, the smart one.
Right now her vibe is like, squeaky/sensual/babyish.

Hmm... dunno. Kinda want her to tone it down.

EDIT: I'd never be able to have my speakers up within earshot of a normal person with her. This is way baby kink role-play level. Like FOAM ADVENTURE cringe.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 13, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Something to look forward to with the collab stream:

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1304905482700644355?s=21

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

there is now two hachama

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Dislikes: Wearing clothes to sleep. It turns out that the detective was the lewd one after all.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, hell yeah, Girl's Last Tour.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Strong anime choices.

The squealing...

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

She is so far into a caffeine high who knows how normal this will be lmao

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Girl’s been up 20 hours, has to do a debut stream and do a collab stream one after the other. That’s some serious work for the detective.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
made in abyss

“i like the... HOLE”

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
First career goal reached in under half an hour

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Sindai posted:

At least she reached her first goal in under half an hour

always make your goals attainable

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Welcome to the BBC.

-e-
BB doesn't stand for British Broadcasting

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 13, 2020

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Oh my god, this song choice. She rules.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I look forward to seeing her when she hasn’t been awake for 20 hours and filled with god knows how much caffeine. I still love and support her cause all the girls are awesome and she was great in keeping everyone hyped during all the girls’ debuts~.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Atleast we dodged any awkward fan names
well gently caress why did i say anything

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ashtarath posted:

Atleast we dodged any awkward fan names

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Noooooooo