Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Victis posted:

What makes no sense with that theory is why her daughter/clone would ALSO be identically racist

Huh? You can't see any way? Lmao

Comeon, if its her daughter and she raises her... where do you think racism comes from exactly?

As to "would a nazi clone necessarily be a nazi" I guess that gets into a question of nature vs nurture but this show is pretty cartoony so I don't think they'd have any problems with saying a nazi clone is also a nazi.

As Nero Danced posted:

Exactly. What's more interesting, "I'm the clone of some rando hero from North Carolina in the 70s," "I'm the daughter of some rando hero from North Carolina in the 70s," or "remember how we mentioned the founder of the company was a Nazi scientist in the first episode? Well I was his guinea pig and I haven't age today since I left the Hitler youth."

Yeah and I said the same earlier, I agree. But recognize that we've now ended up at "okay both are possible but this is more interesting so there's no reason it should be that" and we could have skipped the whole "ITS DEFINITELY THIS YOU IDIOTS" phase of the last 3 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

Please stop stating this over and over like its completely 100% definitive.

Jesus christ.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-boys-liberty-stormfront-homelander-madelyn-stillwell-doppelganger-eric-kripke/

quote:

When Valerie — who says Vought paid off her family to keep them quiet — asks the group not to reveal what she’s told them because she is afraid of what Liberty would do to her, they try to comfort her by saying no one has seen Liberty since 1979 and “she’s probably dead by now.” Well, Valerie doesn’t agree, pointing at a picture of Stormfront on a newspaper and informing them that that is Liberty.

And no, she’s not confused.

“I think mostly they do believe the woman. I can spoil the amount that Starlight will be tracking Stormfront in the next episode and will get confirmation that it is, in fact, true,” “The Boys” showrunner Eric Kripke told TheWrap. “Stormfront is just much older than they thought. And with Compound V, anything is possible and she just doesn’t age like other people age. And it all kind of falls into this thesis with her, which is, she comes off as so modern and media-savvy and up-to-the-minute. But what she’s really selling is a very, very old evil and hate that’s been around for thousands of years. And so the idea that she is older than we think and has been pitching the same s–t for decades now, made sense to us.”

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Yeah, to restate my point, I think the good money is on her being Liberty but I can also see why they might not do that.

After how strongly it was telegraphed, the twist would be that she's not Liberty, not that she is Liberty.

Also Jesus Christ do we all have PTSD from the culture wars or something? Bullshitting and thinking out loud is one of the best parts of following a show.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Piell posted:

Ryan secretly being Butcher's kid rather than Homelander's is a more likely twist than Stormfront not being Liberty. Annie being Stormfront's daughter is a more likely twist than Stormfront not being Liberty.

This is from a few pages back but this is my personal pet theory for dumb the dumbest reason: in the comics they made a big deal about how the best way to get super heroes that weren't garbage was to inject a fetus in utero. Homelander's loaded up with V, not entirely unlike Spiderman and his infamously radioactive sperm, and BAM you get super kid. When Becca goes to Vought they realize it's not Homelander's kid, but Homelander sure as hell won't know so they just say it is because that's far more terrifying and easier to use to manipulate everyone involved.

FilthyImp posted:

Cult guys being an arm of Shining Light would be pretty cool.

Though it's also a HUGE get for Scientology to rehab a supe and get them back into the 7. Imagine the PR for them.

I'm pretty sure that's their entire motivation for continuing to deal with The Deep who, based on the reactions, is still too dumb for anyone to want to keep trying to cult him up personally.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

This is from a few pages back but this is my personal pet theory for dumb the dumbest reason: in the comics they made a big deal about how the best way to get super heroes that weren't garbage was to inject a fetus in utero. Homelander's loaded up with V, not entirely unlike Spiderman and his infamously radioactive sperm, and BAM you get super kid. When Becca goes to Vought they realize it's not Homelander's kid, but Homelander sure as hell won't know so they just say it is because that's far more terrifying and easier to use to manipulate everyone involved.

Becca literally said "Homelander raped me". If any other supe had done that to her I feel like Becca would have said something about it since she has no reason to lie to Butcher.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Becca literally said "Homelander raped me". If any other supe had done that to her I feel like Becca would have said something about it since she has no reason to lie to Butcher.

:confused: Yes? The fact that Homelander raped Becca is not incompatible with the idea that she was already pregnant with her husband's child.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

:confused: Yes? The fact that Homelander raped Becca is not incompatible with the idea that she was already pregnant with her husband's child.

Oh I see what you mean but that makes no sense based on everything we've seen in the show. Even if my dumb fan theory is true and Butcher is a supe and doesn't know it, the laser eyes are kind of a dead giveaway unless the RNG is hilariously coincidental.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
We need a Maury Povich paternity test episode to get to the bottom of this.

"Homelander believes you can't get pregnant on the first time. Billy says no one in his family has laser eyes. Becca says she knows the truth, but we don't believe her. Find out today."

(As an aside, Jesus daytime tv is poo poo)

E: removing a poor taste joke. Some poo poo should stay in the garbage even if you're pointing out it's flaws.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 13, 2020

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh I see what you mean but that makes no sense based on everything we've seen in the show. Even if my dumb fan theory is true and Butcher is a supe and doesn't know it, the laser eyes are kind of a dead giveaway unless the RNG is hilariously coincidental.

Clearly that's just a red herring and he got the super powers of being mildly stronger than normal, and glowing eyes like a creepy animatronic. :v:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hey, cool thing I found re-watching season 1. You know how Homelander keeps insisting it's super-villains and not super-terrorists? Once the Boys figure out what's going on, Butcher also refers to them as super-villains.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

If only they had put some clues

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I could see them making Butcher sterile just to really twist the knife a little more.

Hate-O-Tron
Apr 1, 2007
I haven't really seen anybody posit this theory in the thread, but what if Stormfront is Homelander's bio-mom?

In the comics, Homelander was made from Stormfront's DNA.

Liberty disappeared off the map in 1979, which would line up to be around the right age for
Homelander.

It would explain why Edgar recruited her for the Seven. He has to know what a complete racist
psycho she is, and chose her despite that because of the maternal connection knowing how
many Mommy issues Homelander has.

The disappointment and reverence she shows as she circles around HL would definitely track
with that theory.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Bust Rodd posted:

I am also genuinely afraid for MM this season and hope this stupid Stormfront psycho never lays a hand on my sweet, beautiful man

I wish MM were my dad.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Hate-O-Tron posted:

I haven't really seen anybody posit this theory in the thread, but what if Stormfront is Homelander's bio-mom?

I've seen someone posit this, but I'm not sure if it was here. I'm kinda expecting for it to be true, and for it to somehow dovetail with Homelander's weird mommy/lactation fetish.

Like he makes a blatant sexual pass at her and she shuts him down by revealing that she's his mom, then he flies away with an angry confused boner.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Tip posted:

I've seen someone posit this, but I'm not sure if it was here. I'm kinda expecting for it to be true, and for it to somehow dovetail with Homelander's weird mommy/lactation fetish.

Like he makes a blatant sexual pass at her and she shuts him down by revealing that she's his mom, then he flies away with an angry confused boner.

She already implied he can come back for sex in that scene together.

Stormfront dont gently caress your son

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Gotta keep the super blood pure and blue

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

unlimited shrimp posted:

She already implied he can come back for sex in that scene together.

Stormfront dont gently caress your son

Makes that "now laser my tits" thing from the trailer something else, doesn't it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Frenchy's sex friend has a target tattoo between her boobs

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^^ you don't?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If only they had put some clues

Kripke is clearly just messing with us so the reveal is even more exciting!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hate-O-Tron posted:

Liberty disappeared off the map in 1979, which would line up to be around the right age for
Homelander.

It would explain why Edgar recruited her for the Seven. He has to know what a complete racist
psycho she is, and chose her despite that because of the maternal connection knowing how

The disappointment and reverence she shows as she circles around HL would definitely track
with that theory.

Now this is a swerve that would be interesting, and paint their last scene in a different light.

I’m wondering if the crowd scene from the previews with Homelander leads to an Iredeemable situation for him where it becomes public knowledge he killed an innocent, he has a public freak out and seriously fucks poo poo up afterwards to force people to worship him again.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Hate-O-Tron posted:

Homelander.

with that theory.

Well HL had to have had sperm from a dad and an egg from a mom and the records of those people are absolutely on file with Vought somewhere and I'm kinda surprised HL hasn't bothered to torture it out of some people by now. Maybe later this season or next season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well HL had to have had sperm from a dad and an egg from a mom and the records of those people are absolutely on file with Vought somewhere and I'm kinda surprised HL hasn't bothered to torture it out of some people by now. Maybe later this season or next season.

I think he juiced the guy that would have known best when he got the info about Becca's whereabouts

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this was such a good early scene

https://i.imgur.com/RsZ2xpI.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/LqDduDN.gifv

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lmao I didn't even notice that amazing cut when I first watched this, was too distracted by those facial expressions.

Also, Liberty is definitely Stormfront, but just for the sake of fun, these are the only two actual images of Liberty in the show so far I believe:

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

TV IV... TV IV never changes.

I knew Zaphod and Bioshuffle would end up on the same page as one another.

TV IVs ability to misinterpret clear signs in shows is an inevitable as the tides.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the goons in this thread start claiming Homelander and Doppleganger are the same character because they're portrayed by the same actor. Why even bother watching the show if they already have all the puzzle pieces figured out? It's baffling. To say the least.

There is absolutely no evidence in the show that they are the same, outside one sentence which could be interpreted a million different ways, and an accusation from someone who had one encounter, in the dark literally decades before the present. Don't forget that during the incident where Liberty kills the brother, she is wearing a hoodie, in the dark, and the girl is inside the car. That's outside the fact that witness testimony is notoriously unreliable. I'm going to bookmark this page so I can see how they backpedal when it turns out the whole thing was a red herring.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:goonsay:

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah i would be seriously suprised if she is not Liberty, even if that would be my personal preference.
Ultimately these are just superficial details.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Baudolino posted:

Yeah i would be seriously suprised if she is not Liberty, even if that would be my personal preference.
Ultimately these are just superficial details.

Part of me thinks it would be just as interesting if they were the one and the same. It'd be cool to see how she's had to change and adapt to survive cancel culture. Especially since there's been no overt hints that racism was any part of Vought's agenda. If they are one and the same, does Edgar know the truth?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Bioshuffle posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the goons in this thread start claiming Homelander and Doppleganger are the same character because they're portrayed by the same actor. Why even bother watching the show if they already have all the puzzle pieces figured out? It's baffling. To say the least.

There is absolutely no evidence in the show that they are the same, outside one sentence which could be interpreted a million different ways, and an accusation from someone who had one encounter, in the dark literally decades before the present. Don't forget that during the incident where Liberty kills the brother, she is wearing a hoodie, in the dark, and the girl is inside the car. That's outside the fact that witness testimony is notoriously unreliable. I'm going to bookmark this page so I can see how they backpedal when it turns out the whole thing was a red herring.

Will you actually admit you're wrong if it turns out you are, or are you just going to continue this full steam ahead thing where you say "I don't believe a character is ___ even though the character, actors, writers, producers, showrunner, and the source material all say said they are ___"?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe Edgar is a clone of that nice lady's brother

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“There’s absolutely no proof in the show except the proof in the show” is certainly a take, I’ll give you that.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Bioshuffle posted:

so like, are you unbothered and just Putting This Out There or fantasizing about owning the non-believers

these contrarian vibes are so 2005

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Disapointed at lack of ghana pole bearers in the memes, and also disapointed at lack of 70's dad rock, kripke get yourself together.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

strokes beard, swirls glass

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

As Nero Danced posted:

"I don't believe a character is ___ even though the character, actors, writers, producers, showrunner, and the source material all say said they are ___"?

Viewers should and do have the right to disagree with the show runners. That's the beauty of art. Once you release it into the world you no longer have the final say in how people interpret it.

“All worthy work is open to interpretations the author did not intend. Art isn't your pet -- it's your kid. It grows up and talks back to you." -Joss Whedon

If what I predicted doesn't turn out, the thing I'm guilty of is guessing wrong. It's not like we're in some contest where we have to guess everything correctly. Speculating about potential outcomes is half the fun.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bioshuffle posted:

Viewers should and do have the right to disagree with the show runners. That's the beauty of art. Once you release it into the world you no longer have the final say in how people interpret it.

“All worthy work is open to interpretations the author did not intend. Art isn't your pet -- it's your kid. It grows up and talks back to you." -Joss Whedon

If what I predicted doesn't turn out, the thing I'm guilty of is guessing wrong. It's not like we're in some contest where we have to guess everything correctly. Speculating about potential outcomes is half the fun.

"Frodo rode an eagle to drop off the Ring, the movie was like twenty minutes long, I don't get what the big deal about the LOTR movies is." Why are you even watching this if you're just going to make a show that only exists in your head? I mean, you can argue interpretations and themes all you want. You don't get to have your own facts. Stormfront is Liberty.

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Aya Cash is the best and I'm super happy to see her getting more high-profile work and everyone should watch You're the Worst that's all