Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

piratepilates posted:

by the way I have not seen it, probably won't see it,

So you're saying there is a chance?

Lock him up boys!

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

luchajones posted:

So you're saying there is a chance?

Lock him up boys!

:smug:

if you're going to come after me, don't expect me to take it lying down, I've seen you at the meetings.

wait poo poo, no I mean, no I have no idea what you're talking about 👀

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LabyaMynora posted:

Also, France took in Roman Polanski after he fled the U.S. rather than face charges for raping a 13-year-old girl.

And he shacked up with a 15 year old when he got there because he definitely learned his lesson!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

I'm in camp "laugh at both 9/11 jokes and Netflix being very incompetent"

Sounds good to me.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

If Ted Cruz refers it to the Justice Department, does that mean Bill Barr has to sit down and watch Cuties?

Also, I guarantee there’s nothing in it that’s in anyway actionable by law enforcement.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah, there’s nothing actionable there. It’s just old fish monster whipping up his base.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

I'm in camp "laugh at both 9/11 jokes and Netflix being very incompetent"

When I think of how a million Iraqis died in the war, I get sad and think about how it could have been avoided, if only I had laughed harder at 9/11.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PerniciousKnid posted:

When I think of how a million Iraqis died in the war, I get sad and think about how it could have been avoided, if only I had laughed harder at 9/11.

Should’ve pantsed GW Bush at ground zero when he had that bullhorn.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I lust for death.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerniciousKnid posted:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Lets joke about something a little more pleasant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy-F2CXsqTk

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember AIIIIIDDDDSSSS being longer.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Rich Evans caused Tower 7 to go down.

What was he trying to hide?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mallratcal posted:

Lets joke about something a little more pleasant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy-F2CXsqTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip5OTN5XWQ0

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
gently caress MOOPIES

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Cuties seems exactly as horrifying as Dance Moms and Toddlers and Tiaras. It's all bad and only a Deaundra and Neil Breen collaboration can save us.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i don't know how it's even controversial to be antagonistic toward cuties

like, you can absolutely make a movie with an anti-rape message, for e.g., but if in order to make that movie you end up actually raping a whole bunch of people perhaps the deluge of criticisms against your movie's content goes above-and-beyond a simple misreading of the surface features of your original message

likewise, you can absolutely make a movie with an anti- child exploitation & sexualization message, but if in order to make that movie you actually exploit and sexualize a whole bunch of children perhaps the deluge of criticisms against your movie goes above-and-beyond a simple misreading of the surface features of your original message and, mayhaps, other formats would've been more appropriate for your visionary message

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
*Testifying against the advice of my attorney*

Your honor, I admit I did run a dogfighting ring for several months, BUT it was to make a movie about the evils of dogfighting.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PostNouveau posted:

*Testifying against the advice of my attorney*

Your honor, I admit I did run a dogfighting ring for several months, BUT it was to make a movie about the evils of dogfighting.

you are hereby sentenced to be a NYT columnist, but please mr. eichenwald, stop trying to investigate things on your own

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finally filling in some loving backstory!!! How many years have we been asking "How did little Bruce Wayne become a person? Was he grown in some kind of pod or something?"

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1304833533865725952

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Change it up. Make it twins. It gives batman another villain to face in the future.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

luchajones posted:

Change it up. Make it twins. It gives batman another villain to face in the future.

you know they’d just go the hack route and make the twin the joker

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wait, there's an Alfred show?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

Finally filling in some loving backstory!!! How many years have we been asking "How did little Bruce Wayne become a person? Was he grown in some kind of pod or something?"

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1304833533865725952

For a moment I thought they were Mulder and Scully. Also:

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

In its second season

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's probably on one of those off brand channels that nobody knows

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's probably on one of those off brand channels that nobody knows

Its website is like an ad for a fake channel on a better TV show

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Meanwhile in Germany we are enjoying our big titted beer-wenches and just...*shakes head*

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just read a review of it, and apparently it's a spy show that takes place in 60s London and for some reason Thomas and Martha Wayne are there too, and they're also both spies.

Total guess here, but it sounds like they took some original script and shoved Batman characters into it to make it more marketable.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Tip posted:

I just read a review of it, and apparently it's a spy show that takes place in 60s London and for some reason Thomas and Martha Wayne are there too, and they're also both spies.

Total guess here, but it sounds like they took some original script and shoved Batman characters into it to make it more marketable.

I seriously can’t believe they made another pointless Batman prequel that doesn’t even line up with the existing timeline/canon. I hope they introduce “the Joker”, but then do a big switchero like they did in Gotham and say it’s not really THE Joker, it’s his relative or something.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Beware the Dad Joker!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

mallratcal posted:

Beware the Dad Joker!

He'll never be caught dad to rights. :dadjoke:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shut up, sleeveless.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm watching Fateful Findings and its like its written by an alien. The conversations are insane. They don't talk like human beings.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

colonelwest posted:

In all fairness, I do understand the context of the life experiences of the French-Senegalese filmmaker, and the ultimate message. This isn’t the sort of argument that I relish, and I apologize to Sleevless and any one else on the opposite side. I don’t want to come off like I automatically think that you’re terrible people just for disagreeing with me.

But, beyond the marketing being complete pedo-bait, I do question the film’s methods; especially since it brings up a lot issues. Such as, does an 11 year old actress, who is well under the age of consent and too young to even watch the film without an adult present, fully understand the sexual things she’s being asked to do in front of a camera? Or do we really need this many sexualized scenes, including long shots of the butts and crotches of children to drive home a message that sexualizing children is wrong?

I don’t give a single poo poo what consenting adults do. But with children, I have to draw the line somewhere, and this is it for me.

Anyway, that’s all that I’m going to say. It’s too ugly of a topic for a thread about lovable hack-fraud schlubs from Milwaukee.

As people have pointed out, Jodie Foster is 12 when she’s portraying an outright prostitute. And Taxi Driver is considered a seminal film. It kicked off a decades long career for her, one of her most famous roles being feminist icon Clarice Starling.

Part of what bugs me about these discussions is the removal of agency from these girls. It’s 2020. Part of the film apparently deals with just the outright access of all this stuff. Growing up, I had cable. If I was gonna see a raunchy music video, it was going to be on one of three channels and be restricted in someway due to airing standards. “The Thong Song” by Sisqo was hugely scandalous. I was 11/12 when it came out and me and my classmates were all singing that “thong th th thong thong thong.” I loving LOVED when that video would air on MTV. My parents probably never had any idea that I was being exposed to it.

And are we asking these questions when kids are in movies with tons of violence and gore?

So yeah, I would expect that these young girls being led by a woman director telling HER story have probably been treated respectfully and have a better understanding of everything than you give them credit for. Otherwise, please consider Jodie Foster w a coked-out Marty Scorsese in a role in which she’s described as having a tight rear end in a top hat, and ask if you’re not having some kind of double-standard.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Boywhiz88 posted:

As people have pointed out, Jodie Foster is 12 when she’s portraying an outright prostitute. And Taxi Driver is considered a seminal film. It kicked off a decades long career for her, one of her most famous roles being feminist icon Clarice Starling.

Part of what bugs me about these discussions is the removal of agency from these girls. It’s 2020. Part of the film apparently deals with just the outright access of all this stuff. Growing up, I had cable. If I was gonna see a raunchy music video, it was going to be on one of three channels and be restricted in someway due to airing standards. “The Thong Song” by Sisqo was hugely scandalous. I was 11/12 when it came out and me and my classmates were all singing that “thong th th thong thong thong.” I loving LOVED when that video would air on MTV. My parents probably never had any idea that I was being exposed to it.

And are we asking these questions when kids are in movies with tons of violence and gore?

So yeah, I would expect that these young girls being led by a woman director telling HER story have probably been treated respectfully and have a better understanding of everything than you give them credit for. Otherwise, please consider Jodie Foster w a coked-out Marty Scorsese in a role in which she’s described as having a tight rear end in a top hat, and ask if you’re not having some kind of double-standard.

Settle down Mr. Hinckley

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

luchajones posted:

Settle down Mr. Hinckley

I choose to take that as a compliment!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Boywhiz88 posted:

I choose to take that as a compliment!

settle down, Humbert

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Settle down Beavis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you know they’d just go the hack route and make the twin the joker

The twin is Alfred before he goes back in time to secretly become his own butler.