Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JazzFlight posted:

Kinda don't want to hear any of their hot takes on any 2020 topics...

Well last season at least was pretty much done without any major commentary of current events. I could see them just doing that this season as well with just some light commentary... especially how off the rails their last election season went.

I guess comedy central is getting the Daria spin off too, so I could see them trying to line up their new animation series with South Park to try and get a big spike in viewers... If they could get a 4th show, they could run a 2 hour animation block even... And I'm sure Matt & Trey would be on board for more viewers because they like money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Good luck with them not tackling current events, what the hell else is there? I guess they could do a whole season in space?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I guess comedy central is getting the Daria spin off too, so I could see them trying to line up their new animation series with South Park to try and get a big spike in viewers... If they could get a 4th show, they could run a 2 hour animation block even... And I'm sure Matt & Trey would be on board for more viewers because they like money.

They're also rebooting Ren & Stimpy for some reason, although I doubt they'll run everything in a two hour block.

edit: or maybe not. rumor is that it's already been shelved.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 13, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I was curious so I checked, the first episode of South Park premiered 3 months before the las episode of Beavis and Butthead.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What if one thing is bad, but also, other thing is bad??

You know, I learned something today guys:

* Yeah, maybe it sucks that the cops make mistakes, but that's no excuse to burn down your home.

* People that don't wear (stupid rear end analogue for masks) are selfish and kind of lovely. But that's what makes our country good. And being a whiny little bitch about it just sucks dude.

* dumb poo poo about the impeachment

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm pretty sure I will enjoy this next season with everything happening.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe they don't have to do it in a week. Maybe they can take their time, be safe, give it some legs. Maybe

That's just not how Trey works.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FilthyImp posted:

You know, I learned something today guys:

* Yeah, maybe it sucks that the cops make mistakes, but that's no excuse to burn down your home.

* People that don't wear (stupid rear end analogue for masks) are selfish and kind of lovely. But that's what makes our country good. And being a whiny little bitch about it just sucks dude.

* dumb poo poo about the impeachment

Stan believes one thing about a hot button issue. Kyle believes the other thing. Cartman profits off the issue.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Randy goes on crusades about people not wearing their masks properly/at all, but then does the same things himself.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode is just Randy going around punching people in the nose who wear their masks below it. Emmy nominee.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
None of the kids (except Wendy, and maybe Kyle, duh) wear facemasks.

They all die except Kenny, because his parker is the best protection money can buy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Episode is just Randy going around punching people in the nose who wear their masks below it. Emmy nominee.

Given Randy's track record of being the worst person ever (especially recently) I'd say it's more likely that he denies the virus exists and ends up spreading it to most of the town.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Given Randy's track record of being the worst person ever (especially recently) I'd say it's more likely that he denies the virus exists and ends up spreading it to most of the town.

Yeah, it seems a pretty easy thing to link it to his whole 'tegridy ethos. Common "sense" Boomers ignoring all public health warnings because "when one of the kids had the mumps we'd throw them all in a room together to help with herd immunity."

Seems like the kind of thing Sheila would promote too, given her track record with Chicken Pox.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

the first episode opens with mr mackey addressing the students but cut to the seats that are all empty and it's just a webcam on a tripod. all the kids are attending class from home except cartman who has his webcam turned off and he's just eating cheesy poofs and watching tv (or playing around with obscene zoom backgrounds with photoshopped images of kyle's mom or something)

nobody can go to school/outside because city wok has a new product on the menu that everyone is going crazy over but is farting a bunch and it smells really really bad outside (copy/pasted idea from when people explode from holding their farts but whatever).

most people stay inside all the time or only go out with gas masks, other people brave going outside bc "freedom" but wind up getting really sick and some old person dies, causing a big scare.

the kids use underground tunnels (underpants gnomes, stick of truth) to get to the bottom of the menu item "poison" which turns out to be made from bats caused and is being hauled in by trump/garrison as a method of crowd control and to be reelected. the kids use a webcam to expose him by hacking it into all the zoom calls going on and get him forced out of office.

e: make it so that garrison is farting directly into a funnel system (sponsored by FOX news) that is contaminating the air through the sewer vents and it's because he's eating a diet of bat meat city wok food meanwhile he's constantly tweeting slanderous comments about the restaurant and is exposed as a phony.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 15, 2020

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

They're Republicans.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Cartman would so not wear a mask.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

They're Republicans.

Garrison puts a ban on City Wok's whose newest menu item is a really big hit with all the old people who are going out and stinking up the town to the point of suffocating everyone. Stan's Grandpa (playing the role of geriatric Biden) rallies the old people in defiance of this ban and puts out a smear campaign against him. Rabble rabble divisive town. The kids get to the bottom of it and turns out Garrison and Grandpa are profiting from the same thing at different angles or something.

All I know is SP is best when they use stand-ins for social topics instead of hitting it directly on the hose and highlighting how the two groups fighting against each other are both wrong etc etc

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Stan believes one thing about a hot button issue. Kyle believes the other thing. Cartman profits off the issue.
Stan begins his JROTC training and Kyle attends a BLM protest.

Cartman sells "MY LIFE MATTERS" masks but falls to ruin when cyberterroristas declare No Lives Matter

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Cartman becomes the next big Online Republican Talking Head. Special appearance by Ben Shapiro's sister's tits.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Randy refuses to take covid seriously and ends up dying. He then comes back as a Twitter ghost and spends the rest of the season haunting people's phones and telling them it's not that big of a deal and the cure for coronavirus is worse than the disease.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

They're Republicans.

Oh let's not do this again.

Anyway, if it was earlier in the year the episode would be more like everyone agreeing to hunker down at home for two weeks but then someone cheats and people get sick and Randy gets more vexed every time this happens and then he does it, gets caught red-handed, says something funny and that's acts one and two.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 15, 2020

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Hour long "pandemic special" coming on Sept 30th.
I think if it is the start of a season it'd be good if they could just go ham on coronavirus for one episode then mostly focus on other stuff afterwards, not like the year's been short of other crazy.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6bEaBeOVkg

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It would be kind of weird for it to be the start of the season and not have them advertise it as such though. I still could really see them being willing to wait until spring to actually run a new season and pair it up with one of the reboot animation series.

It would also keep them from feeling like they need to do an election episode. Those haven't really gone that well except maybe the vote or die one...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tegridy Farms 2020 Special. :suicide:

I've never seen a YT video which was 30 seconds long and had a 20 second "CLICK HERE FOR MORE CRAP!" outro.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CBJSprague24 posted:

Tegridy Farms 2020 Special. :suicide:

I've never seen a YT video which was 30 seconds long and had a 20 second "CLICK HERE FOR MORE CRAP!" outro.

I have many many times

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It would be kind of weird for it to be the start of the season and not have them advertise it as such though. I still could really see them being willing to wait until spring to actually run a new season and pair it up with one of the reboot animation series.

It would also keep them from feeling like they need to do an election episode. Those haven't really gone that well except maybe the vote or die one...

I like it when you vote bitch

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They put cardboard cutouts from South Park into the stands at the Broncos game... I think they left out putting in the actual NFL players that have been on the show though...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That's just great.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Did they cut to the crowd much during the game? I couldn't watch it in my area.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The 2008 one was fun.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I doubt they'll do a real "election episode" because as important as this election is, compared to the car crash of 2016 -- or everything else about 2020 -- the election itself is not really fertile ground for comedy. It's more just something everyone wants to get over with already to see if we get 4 more years of this crap. It's like Groundhog Day. I guess the really interesting part could be whatever happens after the election. (I'd sure like for it not to be all that interesting, though.)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Sir Lemming posted:

I doubt they'll do a real "election episode" because as important as this election is, compared to the car crash of 2016 -- or everything else about 2020 -- the election itself is not really fertile ground for comedy. It's more just something everyone wants to get over with already to see if we get 4 more years of this crap. It's like Groundhog Day. I guess the really interesting part could be whatever happens after the election. (I'd sure like for it not to be all that interesting, though.)

Oh there's plenty of comedy to be had if trump wins. Watching meltdowns is a hobby.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

tomorrow's special is airing on comedy central exclusively, right? like not streaming on anything except maybe HBO Max the day after?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It really doesn't seem like they are doing anything to promote it being the start of the season. And it also seems the pandemic special is actually airing at 8PM for some reason. Pretty confident at this point that this is going to be a 1 off 1 hour episode and Season 24 will come at some point in the spring...

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
I feel that way about people wearing their masks below their nose too

"Chin Diaper" hah

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 1, 2020

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Token was kind of asking for it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Randy’s rear end is getting a lot of screen time in this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So Randy is just a straight up villain now, huh? So is Mr. Garrison, but he's been evil for a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I did appreciate Death riding around on the tricycle like it was season 1.