Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

Thanks! I sent my orders in and they should work for both A/B because frankly I don't care what my party is doing this turn - I just care what the rooms look like. I really, really hope the doors are where I expect them to be because if not :lol:

I mean it's not like your plan really hinges on door positioning ? The way I picture it, next turn you go Scurry/Cranium Overload and pop cloak, large stam potion to get back Scurry, Jump and Cranium ; turn after that Scurry/Into the Night, small stam potion for both back ; exact same turn next ; and finally Whatever/Cranium Overload or Frigid Apparition. That's like 20+ hexes worth of perfectly safe zipping about, and if you're feeling especially spicy you can even land a couple of smacks on some dudes somewhere in there :). That's without counting boots & invisible long rest shenanigans on top of that.

EDIT : I guess what I'm saying is : Scurry is one giant bullshit card and I love it. Like, most characters have one or two lovely do-nothing top moves to enable their good bottoms. Mindthief has a "move farther than *your* fastest move, AND attack 3 AND have good init" top *as a starter card*. Even Rogue can't boast that.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kobal2 posted:

I mean it's not like your plan really hinges on door positioning ? The way I picture it, next turn you go Scurry/Cranium Overload and pop cloak, large stam potion to get back Scurry, Jump and Cranium ; turn after that Scurry/Into the Night, small stam potion for both back ; exact same turn next ; and finally Whatever/Cranium Overload or Frigid Apparition. That's like 20+ hexes worth of perfectly safe zipping about, and if you're feeling especially spicy you can even land a couple of smacks on some dudes somewhere in there :). That's without counting boots & invisible long rest shenanigans on top of that.

EDIT : I guess what I'm saying is : Scurry is one giant bullshit card and I love it. Like, most characters have one or two lovely do-nothing top moves to enable their good bottoms. Mindthief has a "move farther than *your* fastest move, AND attack 3 AND have good init" top *as a starter card*. Even Rogue can't boast that.
It does. If the door is on the top side I can get to it with Move 5 so I'm good. If it's on the bottom, I'll be one short - which should still be no big deal if there's an open spot next to the door. Then yeah Scurry from there :) if I can pop 3 doors in 1 turn that'll be awesome.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Forgotten Crypt, Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Fixed Master Splinter's hand selection in the spreadsheet.
- Hail has 12 - 4+(2xL) - hit points. She is an ally to you and an enemy to all monster types. She acts on initiative 99 each round, performing MOVE2 towards the altar (b), opening doors and springing traps if necessary. The scenario is complete when she ends her turn in a hex adjacent to the altar. If Hail is killed, the scenario is lost.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 5 with Cranium Overload and Scurry.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (dwarf74) posted:

code:
"CRANIUM OVERLOAD (05) [Lvl4]
TOP: Kill one normal enemy within Range 4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the killed target - Gain XP1 for each enemy targeted with this Attack - LOSS
BOT: MOVE5"

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
Lina Megumin Inverse (Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 7 with Mana Bolt and Flame Strike.
(Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost1)

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (The GoonMind) posted:

code:
"MANA BOLT (07) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range3 - Consume ANY, +1ATK, XP1
BOT: HEAL3, Range1"

"FLAME STRIKE (36) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range2 - Consume FIRE, WOUND
BOT: ATK2, Range2"
Pikachu (Hand8, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 17 with Disorientating Roar and Howling Bolts.

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

code:
"DISORIENTATING ROAR (17) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE - Target all enemies within Range2. - XP1
BOT: Swap the position of any two figures - LOSS"

"HOWLING BOLTS (47) [Lvl1]
TOP:  ATK1, Range4, Target3
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE5 - XP1"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 13, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Actually, do not send STEP B orders yet.

Master Splinter is going first, I already have dwarf74's step B orders and things are going to get...interesting :allears:

I'll update with the beginning of Step B asap and let everyone decide what to do next with better knowledge of what's to come.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

High speed rat Technology incoming?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Actually, do not send STEP B orders yet.

Master Splinter is going first, I already have dwarf74's step B orders and things are going to get...interesting :allears:

:suspense:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Forgotten Crypt Adventures in RATSPEED, Round 2B

- None!

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (dwarf74) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves1 to door hex.

- Living Bones 1, 3 revealed!
- Living Spirits 1, 3 revealed!

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot, continued)! Activates Winged Shoes. Jumps4 to door (1) hex.

- Living Bones 2, 7, 10 revealed!
- Living Spirits 5(E) revealed!

When door (1) is opened posted:

There is no rest among these cursed undead. As you kick through the door into the next room, you hear more commotion from the entrance. “There’s more of them behind us!” Hail yells.
Special Rules: Spawn one normal Cultist for two characters or two normal Cultists for three or four characters at (c).

- Cultist 5 Spawned in hex E1 (c)
- Cultist 6 Spawned in hex C1

If a monster is spawned during a round, it activates as if it had just been revealed, so no "Summoning sickness" for these Cultists. Also, the second Cultist could spawn in F1 if you prefer, so please let me know!

*5. Master Splinter (continued) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves2 to door (2) hex.

- Living Corpse 4(E), 6 revealed!
Master Splinter still has a Move2 and a stab available to her (plus the rest of dwarf74's plan, aka: not die, repeat).

When door (2) is opened posted:

Special Rules: Spawn one normal Living Spirit for two or three characters or two normal Living Spirits for four characters at (d).

- Living Spirit 6 Spawned in hex G2 (d)!
- Living Spirit 4 Spawned in hex E2!

Again, let me know if you want Living Spirit 4 to Spawn in another valid hex (H1, I2, H2). And we're stopping here for everyone to be able to witness Master Splinter, marathon runner. Also so that everyone can send in appropriate orders for Step B! I've also added marker (e) to the map, it's function is probably clear at this point :v:

Edit: also, for whoever is keeping count, these are the amounts of standees left in the box atm:
- 4 Living Corpses
- 4 Living Bones
- 3 Cultists
- 1 Living Spirit

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind! Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Sep 13, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I guess Splinter should move to B1, facetank one zombie one skeleton and one spirit (losing some cards if needed), and repeat next turn for the cheese?

We just need to keep the NPC alive now.

E: spirit 6 in H2 please. It's one hex further from the door.
E2: Lina does her thing, namely mana bolt top on the skeleton consuming anything and flame strike bot on the cultist.
E3: also minor mana potion to generate fire or ice (priority ???) and minor stamina potion to get mana bolt back. And Forked Beam I guess?.

Do we want fire for the +2 dmg or ice for the stun next round?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 13, 2020

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

oh my god, spawning them into the origin room is just a real mean trick presumably designed to counter this exact strategy.

I love it.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Alright, I think we should be able to win it next turn so we just need to work backwards from initiative 99 in the next round. We want hail to be within 3 hexes of the altar tile, which is about half the room in even the worst scenario (the corner). If Splinter stacks 8 on the move, we can be essentially sure that Hail can swap with either Splinter or an enemy and reach the altar with her move 2. I think we want to swap as late as possible to prevent Hail from getting attacked in the last room, which is initiative 87. So we just need Hail, Splinter and Pikachu to survive until then.

So I think we want Splinter to tank the hits this round and pitch cards so that they have invisibility in the next room. We can throw Lina and the bear to the wolves but we want to kill the two active enemies first to protect Hail, so stick with the original plan for Lina. We should generate ice to drop a stun on the Spirits next turn and help survivability, in case we need an extra turn to win it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh I love it when a plan comes together :D

I have an invisibility cloak and I'm probably using it. I will be just fine, folks. I'm more worried about you guys.

I'm going to go to B1 and get a free lick in on the zombie. I want to stay out of their way so they kite themselves towards the first room.

I am Greater Stamina Potioning all my cards back.

Next round I will jump the traps - probably quite late - and get to wherever I need to be in that room. So we're winning next round if you guys can keep Hail alive. (Filling the room with enemies is a great way to make her slow her roll :v:)

Pikachu - next round we'll need to figure out if I need to gun out there early-ish or slow roll it to go late. Please make sure you have some super late and rather early cards in hand after this round.

Old Dun Cow posted:

So I think we want Splinter to tank the hits this round and pitch cards so that they have invisibility in the next room. We can throw Lina and the bear to the wolves but we want to kill the two active enemies first to protect Hail, so stick with the original plan for Lina. We should generate ice to drop a stun on the Spirits next turn and help survivability, in case we need an extra turn to win it.
Why? I think it'd be better to be invisible, stay invisible into late next turn, and run into the next room very late - probably tanking make-up hits from whatever is there, unless we run out of standees :v:. All my jumps are pretty late and Scurry isn't exactly ratspeed fast.

e: If Hail is getting mauled this turn and it's getting scary, I can switch to an early turn next round but probably can't get next to any altars myself if we do it that way. And then I'd also rather not be invisible; I can burn cards and Hail can't.

e2: If I'm not invisible the elite spirit will come after me instead, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Also if you make Ice be advised that Spirits have that Stun card and that could be extremely bad.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 13, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can't Pikachu just swap Hail with anything right next to the altar and we auto-win that way? Or does she need to be alive at turn end?

Win condition says Hail reaching the altar; since altars are obstacles she can't step on it and thus reaching has to mean adjacent.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

E: spirit 6 in H2 please. It's one hex further from the door.

Spirit 6 has to spawn in that hex cause it's the one marked with (c). You can only pick the location for Spirit 4.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Can't Pikachu just swap Hail with anything right next to the altar and we auto-win that way? Or does she need to be alive at turn end?

Win condition says Hail reaching the altar; since altars are obstacles she can't step on it and thus reaching has to mean adjacent.
Good question. If she just needs to get there and all we need to do is have one of us surviving, we can definitely make that happen real early. But I think she needs to survive? Let us know if that's a failure condition, please, TiG.

My current plan is to invis cloak this round, and I strongly recommend against making ice because spirits throwing out stuns would be bad. n/m that stun card is super late, it would be fine.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

But I think she needs to survive? Let us know if that's a failure condition, please, TiG.

The Win condition is:

The scenario is complete when she ends her turn in a hex adjacent to the altar.

Which means, she has to be alive at Initiative 99 to take her Turn.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
OK then let's see how this turn goes and we'll plan our next turn accordingly.

Unless someone has a really good argument though, I think it's much better for me to cloak this round and tank next round (if there's a need to tank) in the final room.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

The scenario completes when she ends her turn next to the altar at initiative 99. That's why I suggest the latest possible initiative for the swap. We definitely can tank for Hail on this end but we have no idea what's through the door, so if everything goes before 87, Hail will just walk to the altar and win.

I don't know that it really matters when the cloak gets used but using it next turn could provide more flexibility. For instance, whether Splinter can land on the chest that is definitely in there or whether all the enemies walk toward the party or Splinter on their turn.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Old Dun Cow posted:

The scenario completes when she ends her turn next to the altar at initiative 99. That's why I suggest the latest possible initiative for the swap. We definitely can tank for Hail on this end but we have no idea what's through the door, so if everything goes before 87, Hail will just walk to the altar and win.

I don't know that it really matters when the cloak gets used but using it next turn could provide more flexibility. For instance, whether Splinter can land on the chest that is definitely in there or whether all the enemies walk toward the party or Splinter on their turn.
Oh yeah there might be a chest, right. Um. I'll do my best.

I don't mind tanking a few hits if I need to, and I'd rather they target me than Hail in the last room.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Hmm. That's a *mean* second room, and that surprise pop is bonkers. The least worst plan for me this turn is to let Ash roar at the Cultists then move forward and get absolutely splatted by the ghosts, right ? But it'd be cool if Lina popped some Ice Cola this turn to stun them all next turn with Cold Fire because Hail won't survive a full Spirit barrage I don't believe.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Spirits should aim at bear? Blast up this room as best you can this turn. Stun next turn, cheese.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Kobal2 posted:

Hmm. That's a *mean* second room, and that surprise pop is bonkers. The least worst plan for me this turn is to let Ash roar at the Cultists then move forward and get absolutely splatted by the ghosts, right ? But it'd be cool if Lina popped some Ice Cola this turn to stun them all next turn with Cold Fire because Hail won't survive a full Spirit barrage I don't believe.

Yeah, voting shoot Bones 8 and consume dark with Mana Bolt top, shoot Cultist 4 with Flame Strike bottom if Bones 8 is dead or attack Bones 8 if not. Generate ice with Mana Potion.

I don't like next turn if Hail is on A2, so I think we should occupy that spot in some way. There is also one card in the Spirit deck that is ahead of the move on Flashing Burst, if that's what we use to get in range of Cold Fire next turn.

e. If Ash is in A2, he will take three attack 2s and the Spirits will be in H1, I2, G2 and H2 which is great for cold fire. Lina can move into the door and we should have plenty of tanking power for 1 or 2 turns if needed.

Old Dun Cow fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 13, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Flame Strike is range 2 though.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Omobono posted:

Flame Strike is range 2 though.

Oh right. Welp just have to hope we kill the skeleton...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Waiting for Step B orders from Kobal2 :)

Also, unless the majority is against it, if the Scenario is over by Round 3 or 4, I would suggest the players get another go like the last time it happened.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Old Dun Cow posted:

e. If Ash is in A2, he will take three attack 2s and the Spirits will be in H1, I2, G2 and H2 which is great for cold fire. Lina can move into the door and we should have plenty of tanking power for 1 or 2 turns if needed.

That's my main plan assuming Meg kills the cultist. If not, I'll just bite the (many, many) bullets myself.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

Waiting for Step B orders from Kobal2 :)

Also, unless the majority is against it, if the Scenario is over by Round 3 or 4, I would suggest the players get another go like the last time it happened.
I may just do a mic drop if this works out and take a victory lap. I'll let you know :)

If this doesn't, I'll happily play this scenario again the "right" way

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Paging Kobal2 to the thread again :D

I've tried running the update with the orders you've provided, but I'm at an enpasse : the main issue is that your orders assume that the SW would focus and kill Cultist 4, while she is focusing Living Bones 8 instead. So...Cultist 4 is 99% going to be alive at the start of your Turn, making both set of orders difficult to follow through.

I've tried to figure out your intent, but I'm not sure about your order of preference on:
- who's tanking between Pikachu and Ash and
- if you want to leave hex A2 free for Hail to move into.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Paging Kobal2 to the thread again :D

I've tried running the update with the orders you've provided, but I'm at an enpasse : the main issue is that your orders assume that the SW would focus and kill Cultist 4, while she is focusing Living Bones 8 instead. So...Cultist 4 is 99% going to be alive at the start of your Turn, making both set of orders difficult to follow through.

I've tried to figure out your intent, but I'm not sure about your order of preference on:
- who's tanking between Pikachu and Ash and
- if you want to leave hex A2 free for Hail to move into.

Lina can focus fire the cultist instead, no problem.
E: starting with Flame Strike just in case.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I am paying very little attention to what's going on in that bottom room because I feel bad for doing this to you. :D

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Forgotten CryptAdventures in Admin Time, Round 2B continued

- None!

*5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (dwarf74) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves2 to B1. Attacks Living Corpse 6 for 3 (1base, +0mod +2bonus) damage!
Master Splinter is at 8 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Cloak of Invisibility. Gains INVISIBLE.
Master Splinter uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry, Corrupting Embrace and Cranium Overload.

Tune in next Round for Master Splinter's adventures in breaking the game :allears:

7. Lina Megumin Inverse the Orchid Spellweaver (The GoonMind) posted:

- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Mana Bolt (top)! Consumes DARK. Attacks Living Bones 8 for 5 (3base, +2'mod, SHIELD1, POISON) damage! Gains 1XP.
Living Bones 8 is killed!
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Flame Strike (bot)! Attacks Cultist 4 for 2 (2base, -1mod, POISON) damage!
Cultist 4 is at 3 HP and is POISONED.
Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Mana Bolt and Forked Beam.
- Lina Megumin Inverse uses Minor Mana Potion to generate ICE!
ICE is now strong.

17. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Kobal2) posted:

- Ash the Bear focuses Cultist 4! Attacks Cultist 4 for 4 (2base, +1mod, POISON) damage!
Cultist 4 is killed!
- Pikachu uses Howling Bolts (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move 2 to A2. Gains 1XP.
- Pikachu uses Disorientating Roar (top)! COMMANDS Ash to MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE all enemies within Range2! Gains 1XP.
Cultist 5 is at 1 HP and is MUDDLED and IMMOBILIZED!
Pikachu uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers Disorientating Roar, Howling Bolts and Vicious Ally.

22. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 5(E) focuses Ash! Flies3 to door (1) hex.
- Living Spirit 1 focuses Ash! Flies2 to F1. Attacks Ash for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage.
Ash is at 11 HP and is MUDDLED.
- Living Spirit 3 focuses Ash! Flies2 to H1. Attacks Ash for 0 (2base, -2mod) damage.
Ash is at 11 HP and is MUDDLED.
- Living Spirit 4 focuses Ash! Flies2 to F1. Attacks Ash for 1 (2base, -1mod) damage.
Ash is at 10 HP and is MUDDLED.
- Living Spirit 6 focuses Ash! Attacks Ash for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 8 HP and is MUDDLED.

That's an impressive number of blanks in a row!

27. Cultists posted:

- Cultist 5 focuses Ash! Loses IMMOBILIZED and MUDDLED
- Cultist 6 focuses Hail! Moves1 to F1. Attacks Hail for 4 (2base, x2mod) damage.
Hail is at 8 HP.

And that's a x2 crit on Hail :v:

74. Living Bones posted:

- Living Bones 1 focuses Ash! Moves3 to A2.
- Living Bones 2 focuses Ash! Moves3 to C1.
- Living Bones 3 focuses Ash! Moves3 to F2.
- Living Bones 7 focuses Ash! Moves2 to G2.
- Living Bones 10 focuses Ash! Moves3 to B1.

:skeltal::skeltal::skeltal:

82. Living Corpses posted:

- Living Corpse 4(E) focuses Ash! Moves1 to E2.
- Living Corpse 6 focuses Ash! Moves1 to C2.

99. Hail posted:

- Hail focuses The Goal! Moves1 to C2.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- The Monsters's deck is shuffled!
- ICE is now waning.
- FIRE is now inert.
- Hail has 12 - 4+(2xL) - hit points. She is an ally to you and an enemy to all monster types. She acts on initiative 99 each round, performing MOVE2 towards the altar (b), opening doors and springing traps if necessary. The scenario is complete when she ends her turn in a hex adjacent to the altar. If Hail is killed, the scenario is lost.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
"Everyone itt is also encouraged to input their orders (card selection+initiative pick) for the Hero currently controlled by the Goonmind!
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves."
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 14, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm fairly sure we also put in an order to minor stamina potion mana bolt and forked beam back.

Initiative 20
Forked Beam
Cold Fire

Alternative: initiative 26 with flashing burst.

Plan: move to B1 and stun. This way we're facetanking cultist 5 while cultist 6 goes on Ash.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

I'm fairly sure we also put in an order to minor stamina potion mana bolt and forked beam back.

Fixed that! Thanks :)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Omobono posted:

Initiative 20
Forked Beam
Cold Fire

Alternative: initiative 26 with flashing burst.

Plan: move to B1 and stun. This way we're facetanking cultist 5 while cultist 6 goes on Ash.

Do this.

Old Dun Cow
Sep 5, 2006

Am I crazy or were the cultists in the room spawned this turn?

Nevermind, I see that this was explained above.

e. I agree with Forked Beam and Cold Fire, 20 but I think Lina should move to the door tile. The cultists will attack Ash and Pikachu on this turn. If things go badly in the last room, that will give us the option to keep Hail where she is for another round of Hodor. Otherwise she would move to the door and certainly die on the following turn.

Old Dun Cow fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 14, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Old Dun Cow posted:

Am I crazy or were the cultists in the room spawned this turn?

Nevermind, I see that this was explained above.

Yeah, Summoned and Spawned creatures behave quite differently (including the rule on initial placement) and it may have been better to differentiate the naming scheme a bit.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Next round, it doesn't matter how fast I go, does it? This is now Pikachu's decision. It's all coming down to what Hail can survive, and I'm specifically worried about the spirits' target all in range card. But this final room is uncertain, whereas the early dungeon is certain, so i think a late swap is probably better. But there's still that risk.

e: oh stunning the spirits? Nice. I can blissfully tank whatever awaits me. Got plenty of cards and can Stam potion stuff back.

I'll be jumping in and moving to wherever in the room a chest would be. If you think we can wait until later in the round to pull Hail in, cool. I'll go on the later side because the zombies are probably going to end up focusing on me through the traps and I might as well stay invisible give them a chance to waste their turn first.

Unless you guys are worried in which case I'll go mid-fast.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 14, 2020

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If Megumin stuns spirits 1, 3, and 4, then 6 can't reach Hail without getting disadvantage over simply attacking Ash and spirit 5 can't kill her.

The cultists are not focusing Hail right now and they don't have any relevant AoE, while there's a big furry bear in the skeletons' way.

E: I think Pikachu is acting s l o w l y this turn but those two zombies can't ever be relevant. Whatever is inside the last room still gets to act no matter what.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 14, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

E: I think Pikachu is acting s l o w l y this turn but those two zombies can't ever be relevant. Whatever is inside the last room still gets to act no matter what.
There's a weird edge case where they could become relevant if, for some reason, we decide to take an extra round before winning (and their initiative this turn is late enough, and the first room is blocked off enough that they focus on me instead).

I don't think me going on my earlier card next turn nets our team anything - because I will always be going after Lina but before Pikachu.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
I think, just this time, Splinter should not go invisible this turn. You've got umpteen cards to bleed to nix damage. Just full on movement to control where you land/grab goodies while you're at it.

I'll act late either way.

Kobal2 fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kobal2 posted:

I think, just this time, Splinter should not go invisible this turn. You've got umpteen cards to bleed to nix damage. Just full on movement to control where you land/grab goodies while you're at it.

I'll act late either way.
I won't be invisible at the end of my turn. I'll be taking the last room on the chin.

I'm booking it as far as I can go while jumping. Going definitely on the late side, but I know you can go later.