Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

McKilligan posted:

It's like 25 more mombux, plus one time I got a riven sliver!

Yeah but steel path takes way more than 25% more time to kill all the mega tanky stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Sometimes you just want to smash all the really tanky stuff.

That said I also mostly just do t4 and vault bounties in between mining/fishing/hunting expeditions.

I ran t2 bounties, I think, for scintillant drops and that didn't take too long to farm up what I needed for Xaku and like one other thing I forget. But I've been doing all my vault runs with nekros and a smeeta and of my three scint drops one gave me 4 and the others gave me two. I think I've only found one or two just floating about in the vault.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah but steel path takes way more than 25% more time to kill all the mega tanky stuff

Maybe, but Breach Surge Mag on anything less than Steel Path is overkill even for Warframe :/

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Can't hear you over breach surge vauban tearing deimos apart with no care for what bounty it is :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The more I hear of these interactions the more I expect DE to just completely change what ability Wisp gives when subsumed.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Can't hear you over breach surge vauban tearing deimos apart with no care for what bounty it is :v:

I'd be interested in what that build looks like, I need more ideas for subsuming abilities.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Guilty posted:

Yeah that's the point. If you want to group up stuff your speedva would be better off with larva or ensnare than spectrorage and spectrosiphon taking up a mod slot. A max range spectrosiphon has like the same range as a 100% ensnare/larva. You still get speedva dmg bonus and enemy speed bonus but save a mod slot.

If you're looking for energy then dispensary is much better.

Spectrorage does nothing unique that you're not better off having something else.

Certainly not on speedva?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Guilty posted:

Yeah that's the point. If you want to group up stuff your speedva would be better off with larva or ensnare than spectrorage and spectrosiphon taking up a mod slot. A max range spectrosiphon has like the same range as a 100% ensnare/larva. You still get speedva dmg bonus and enemy speed bonus but save a mod slot.

If you're looking for energy then dispensary is much better.

Spectrorage does nothing unique that you're not better off having something else.

It's poorly worded in-game ("Enemies that die within Spectrorage have a 50% chance to drop an energy orb") but the Spectrosiphon effect includes the base 4m charm radius on the outside of the mirror circle. My speedva generates a mirror circle 12m in diameter with a 6m charm radius (range is 148%) therefore the effective diameter of the effect is 24m.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

genericnick posted:

Certainly not on speedva?

I mean, unless you're new and just starting out and don't have the proper mods maxed out, then yes. Speedva should have enough mod slots to have a good efficiency build, combined with arcane energize and zenurik school possibilities that makes energy a non-issue for all nova builds. Certainly you don't need the mass amounts Spectrosiphon gives, and even that hurts you more because you're wasting a mod slot on an augment that gives only one benefit. And if energy is your problem you're better off running dispensary that doesn't require another mod slot and could actually solve all your problems with your build since you have that extra slot. Looking at this build: https://overframe.gg/build/649/nova-prime/4-forma-speedva-best-build-compatible-with-slowva/ you can swap out quick thinking for efficiency and still run what you need to run without any major problems.

My bottom line is that there are better ways to get energy than spectrorage/siphon (dispensery), and there are better grouping mechanisms (larva, ensnare) than spectrorage/siphon. If you need both for some reason, then probably spectrorage/siphon is your best bet.

I can't really think of any frames that might require both other than maybe khora (who is better off with dispensary since she doesn't want to spectro inside her strangle dome) and maybe a minimum efficiency Frost, basically any caster frame with minimum efficiency. Maybe there's a strong caster frame that can be designed with max duration/strength/range and minimum efficiency without a good grouping mechanism that could possible use it, but then you're looking at an unnecessary mod slot.

edit: I will also freely admit I hate the skill with a passion and am totally biased.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Guilty posted:

I mean, unless you're new and just starting out and don't have the proper mods maxed out, then yes. Speedva should have enough mod slots to have a good efficiency build, combined with arcane energize and zenurik school possibilities that makes energy a non-issue for all nova builds. Certainly you don't need the mass amounts Spectrosiphon gives, and even that hurts you more because you're wasting a mod slot on an augment that gives only one benefit. And if energy is your problem you're better off running dispensary that doesn't require another mod slot and could actually solve all your problems with your build since you have that extra slot. Looking at this build: https://overframe.gg/build/649/nova-prime/4-forma-speedva-best-build-compatible-with-slowva/ you can swap out quick thinking for efficiency and still run what you need to run without any major problems.

My bottom line is that there are better ways to get energy than spectrorage/siphon (dispensery), and there are better grouping mechanisms (larva, ensnare) than spectrorage/siphon. If you need both for some reason, then probably spectrorage/siphon is your best bet.

I can't really think of any frames that might require both other than maybe khora (who is better off with dispensary since she doesn't want to spectro inside her strangle dome) and maybe a minimum efficiency Frost, basically any caster frame with minimum efficiency. Maybe there's a strong caster frame that can be designed with max duration/strength/range and minimum efficiency without a good grouping mechanism that could possible use it, but then you're looking at an unnecessary mod slot.

edit: I will also freely admit I hate the skill with a passion and am totally biased.

Wait, was dispensary orb rate not coupled to strength? I never tried what min strength does to that.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Strength just affects the chance that it'll pop out extra orbs/ammo.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Maybe an Ember with spectrosiphon instead of her 4 augment might actually work out better, now that I think about it. Especially since her 4 is LoS. Might have to try it out.

edit: exothermic has a 15% chance to drop while Spectro has 25% chance. I think this could actually be an improvement. Maybe I will farm up a second Gara. Replace ember's 1 with Spectro, and replace exothermic augment with Spectrosiphon, this could be a huge improvement

Guilty fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 14, 2020

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm farming up a second everything. If they're going to give me infinite slots, I'm drat well going to use as many as I can. I'm mostly down to a few Simaris frames, Trinity, and Grendel left to build.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Guilty posted:

A single Streamline doesn't make much of a difference, unless you're also using Fleeting Expertise which isn't an option to a Nova min-maxing duration. It's certainly not enough of a difference to be worth dropping your only survivability mod for it.... Maybe it's fine with the null star damage reduction though.

Guilty posted:

Maybe an Ember with spectrosiphon instead of her 4 augment might actually work out better, now that I think about it. Especially since her 4 is LoS. Might have to try it out.

edit: exothermic has a 15% chance to drop while Spectro has 25% chance. I think this could actually be an improvement. Maybe I will farm up a second Gara. Replace ember's 1 with Spectro, and replace exothermic augment with Spectrosiphon, this could be a huge improvement

Spectro is actually 50% chance, so it's more than 3x as many orbs.
I dunno about how convenient it would be to use though, since she likes to move around a lot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What are people replacing on Vauban? Specifically with Breach Surge.

I think his 1 does stuff but things are so chaotic it's hard to tell.

His 3 is very cool but I don't end up using it that much. If I want to nuke a cluster in a vortex, I'll just use Arca Plasmor.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Don't quote me on this but I think it's his 4

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
What, no. Definitely replace his 3. Vortex is amazing. Of course, you can try out a couple of different configs if you want.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Oh right, that's what I meant, replace the big photon strike skill that summons light from the sky. I thought that was 4

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So I just got a thought to try color matching my Helminth Charger and my Nidus. Hoo boy was that a rabbit hole I dove into. Like, I found a chart full of warframe colors. And a chart that gives RGB/hex values for pet colors. But nothing yet that tells me "To match Hek Green, use color X from palette Y." Need to load the chart of warframe colors into gimp and wave my eyedropper across everything. Fake e: Found it!

Also found several dozen topics on how these rare breeding-only fur colors will fetch upwards of 2000 plat.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I'm farming up a second everything. If they're going to give me infinite slots, I'm drat well going to use as many as I can. I'm mostly down to a few Simaris frames, Trinity, and Grendel left to build.

Whats the best way to cap simaris standing as lazily/fastly as possible?

Dareon posted:

So I just got a thought to try color matching my Helminth Charger and my Nidus. Hoo boy was that a rabbit hole I dove into. Like, I found a chart full of warframe colors.

https://imgur.com/a/FVUu2

this is also really useful for energy-color-does-a-thing fashion (chroma and subsume equinox i guess). Its a little out of date/doesn't have new color palettes.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

TheParadigm posted:

Whats the best way to cap simaris standing as lazily/fastly as possible?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7J63sY-Cwkc

Despite it being Brozime this is a good rundown and demonstration of the quickest and easiest farm for simaris.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
You can just fly between camps on the plains and drop in as Ivara for stealth scans. Never have to kill anything or deal with already scanned enemies getting ported forwards.

Most optimal is doing Simaris daily as well since the reward at the end goes above the daily cap. Steel Path Simaris scan targets are 6-7k rep each. Afterwards go to plains and scan what you need to hit the daily cap.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also note if you are plat starved and already bought everything you want from Simaris, 2-3 days of Simaris rep cap per day can get you a extra Energy Generator and you can sell off any extra's you own for around 70-80p on warframe market.

Which is pretty good return for 10-15 minutes per day.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

which reminds me. Has anyone made a lazy guide for 'afford platinum for slots n reactors' by farming other players/the market yet?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

TheParadigm posted:

which reminds me. Has anyone made a lazy guide for 'afford platinum for slots n reactors' by farming other players/the market yet?

Last year I did if you look through my post history, it's pretty much the same still just factor in fortuna and deimos stuff you can sell and the arcanes and mods the factions offer that let you convert rep to plat, just feel free to add in more relic opening on fast missions or converting kuva into good rolls on a meta riven.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Another good idea to start doing about now is to stock up on faction rep and as many faction statues as you can. We're due for another unvaulting soon and usually when that happens you just buy up the relic pack in your faction, get the new prime stuff, and you can sell it for a couple hundred plat

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
honestly I'm enjoying Pillage on Vauban a lot more than I enjoyed breach surge. breach surge and flechettes jerking each other off endlessly is funny and all, but stripping 60% of their armor per cast with pillage lets Flechette do murder like god intended it to

Guilty
May 3, 2003
As an unofficial totally arbitrary based on nothing benchmark I've been using is to see what builds can clear out steel path Mot. So far the few combinations I've found that absolutely decimates Mot to the point where it's boring and I'm running around trying to find things to kill:

Khora - replace 3 with dispensary

Mesa - replace 1 with pillage

Atlas - replace 2 with ensnare

Saryn - replace 2 with breach surge

If you know any other major combos, please let me know. I'm about to test out Mag and breach surge. I'm sure it'll be just as strong

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Saw this earlier, and I'm not sure if its OP, but it is interesting. https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/irxz14/surprisingly_the_best_frame_for_soma_prime_is/ damage double-dippers playing off each other to turn one hit to 4-5.
maybe grendel's works similiarly?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

v1ld posted:

You can! That's how I maxed it both times. But you cheese it by turning in the gem drops for standing, not the standing gained from the mission. Gems are good for SU, more so than for Patron, so mining works well too.

poo poo! I didn't think of that. that's really a much better way to do it. thank you!!!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

TheParadigm posted:

Crack relics for rare parts, accumulate faction standing and sell exclusive mods and arcanes, run the daily sortie and sell ayatan sculptures and veiled rivens.

You make more money by finding some patch of content that most of the playerbase hates and running it for the drops, but DE has been consistently killing (or at least devaluing) these kinds of farms one by one for years.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

honestly I'm enjoying Pillage on Vauban a lot more than I enjoyed breach surge. breach surge and flechettes jerking each other off endlessly is funny and all, but stripping 60% of their armor per cast with pillage lets Flechette do murder like god intended it to

That sounds neat. Really need to get started on Deimos and get Pillage/Condemn.

Arcane Arachne works with Flechette Orbs giving them the 2.5x damage boost. The 30 sec Arachne timer is a little shorter than Flechette's duration but I just get into a rhythm of drop orb+wall latch and don't have to keep an eye on the timer. The damage boost is significant given Flechette already scales with enemy level.

Wall latch can be awkward in some maps, also goofy.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

v1ld posted:

Arcane Arachne works with Flechette Orbs giving them the 2.5x damage boost

wait what

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I never noticed with my boom boom bow and Mirage TBH. The penis tower Infested take the longest and it's only like 2-3 arrows before they die horribly.

Speaking of what's the best to put on Mirage? I need more survivability with her, so Hildryn's Pillage?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Its probably not the best but I've been enjoying energized munitions in place of her 4.

spam anything from tetra to tonkor

Guilty
May 3, 2003

BMan posted:

wait what

Yeah Arachne works on all damage sources. It's pretty good if you like wall latching

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

skaianDestiny posted:

I never noticed with my boom boom bow and Mirage TBH. The penis tower Infested take the longest and it's only like 2-3 arrows before they die horribly.

Speaking of what's the best to put on Mirage? I need more survivability with her, so Hildryn's Pillage?

Null Star from Nova would probably be a good bet if you want survivability. Get at least 200% Duration and tank range way down to make your particles easier to maintain. Both of these build constraints line up just fine with Gun Platform Mirage but won't work as well on Explosive Legerdemain or Prism builds.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I've been using the maulson with mirage and jesus it's like a k pop of death

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

For those doing Ivara stealth scans, if you grab the Oxylus Botanist mod from Simaris early on, you can equip it during Steel Path runs on any level with plants to get roughly a bazjillion of the local fauna. Mildly handy for Helminth and Silver Grove. More importantly for me, it lets me tick two "I'm doing something useful" boxes at once in my head, which is way easier to deal with than only doing one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Guilty posted:

Yeah Arachne works on all damage sources. It's pretty good if you like wall latching

Wiki says all weapons but sadly Protea's Turrets don't seem to get the buff, at least in the simulacrum. The game may not consider her turrets weapons though flechette orbs most certainly do get the buff.

Here's the comment from the Vauban wiki page that made me try it:

A Lone Tenno posted:

Flechette Orbs are affected by a handful of warframe mods that give weapon stats but don't specify a weapon class. As far as I've discovered, this includes Vigorous Swap, Arcane Arachne, Arcane Avenger, Tek Collateral, and Provoked. Arachne in particular is worth 2.5x damage and is pretty easy to maintain, definitely worth considering for a build.

It's possible that orbs are a special weapon class as implemented in the code and the behavior may be an unplanned side effect. Should test and see if the 1 is similarly affected by Arachne, though its damage is less important.

E: Didn't test Protea's slash grenades either.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 15, 2020