Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Retribution has been owned on both Smackdown and Raw to end the show... on Smackdown it was to like jobbers like Tucker

On Raw it took 6 people - Not gonna lie I kinda pop'd when The Hurt Business came out - I mean maybe because it's like the first 4 person stable in forever (other than Seth/Buddy/AOP which lasted all of 2 weeks or so) and they came to DEFEND THEIR RING (although they run Raw Underground when they want to!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Perfect :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Seams posted:

so is Keith Lee a heel

Nah.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Majinfoose posted:

New World Organization brother!
In hindsight it is very funny that Hogan's best stint in the 90s came after he formed a union.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

When was Jeff's last DUI? My mind is fuzzy I feel like it was last year then Reby and Jeff's wife got into an argument on twitter

He got in one not too long ago where he hit Elias with his car

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Attacking a babyface champ backstage seems pretty heelish!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

There is nothing wrong when terrible ideas like Retribution get made to look stupid. There is nothing they can do with this group that would be entertaining except to bury them quickly and take them off TV.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Seams posted:

Attacking a babyface champ backstage seems pretty heelish!

It was a mutual fight after McIntyre claimed he was saving Keith from being a loser

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Retribution is supposed to be stupid because ANTIFA is stupid. loving ANTIFA, lol. -Vince

Book it

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Retribution feels like they heard the Dark Order was getting over down in Jacksonville and only watched Dynamite up through December to see what the deal was.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I can wait for RETRIBUTION to be a team at Survivor Series.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Michael Cole casually mentioned the Gold Rush is in two weeks at Clash of Champions. No explanation of what the Gold Rush is was given.

According to Wikipedia, in WWE terms Gold Rush is either:

a tournament to declare a number 1 contender (as they did in 2005)

or

a tournament to declare a new champion (as they did to crown the first NXT champ)

So, :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Later in the show it became clear that Gold Rush is just the dumb, unnecessary subtitle they've added to Clash of Champions and they pretended like everybody just automatically knew that.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

gaslighting is the future of marketing, it's the way brands r going 2 win

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So let me get this straight.

Lana and Natty get squashed in a tag match where Lana eats the pin, then Nia and Shayna attack them, and then Nia, the most unsafe worker in the company, puts Lana through a table.

Gee. I wonder if Vince is being petty about someone joining another company...

EDIT: This tweet loving makes the whole thing: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1305697799644819456

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 15, 2020

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Gold Rush would a be good name for a big ol' championship scramble for the IC title since there's already a bunch of people fighting over it. Six dudes, twenty minutes, have it change hands about eight times; good clean fun for everyone.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I just realized that these needless subtitles like GOLD RUSH and HORROR SHOW are just the lazy version of giving your cool promos for PPVs a neat theme. In a better timeline we would at least have the 2020 version of Freddy Blassey talking about the heart-pounding rush for gold, instead of just getting the theme slapped on at the last minute.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bring back Great Balls of Fire coward Vince

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i know what gold rush is

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
So I've just been reading the recaps for years at this point (thanks J-Ru) and I may have missed something, but since when is Adam Pearce the authority, and also why?

Seth Rollins posted:

i know what gold rush is

It's a very good song by Basia Bulat, followed by a really good album by Neil Young.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jerusalem posted:

[*] WWE Champion Drew McIntyre said he has a displaced fractured jaw but is wrestling anyway. He'll face Randy Orton in an Ambulance Match at Clash of Champions.
[*] Adam Pearce announced that if Keith Lee beats Drew tonight in a match, he'll replace Orton at the PPV if Orton isn't cleared in time.

Wait but if Orton isn't cleared in time...he can't have the match anyway so you'd need a replacement anyway.

quote:

[*] Asuka (C) defeated Mickie James in a match for the Raw Women's Championship. The ref called off the match in a weird ending while Mickie was in a submission hold. Zelina Vega then came out to call out Asuka and challenge her for the title.

Maybe Mickie was tapping verbally when the match got called off?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Wait but if Orton isn't cleared in time...he can't have the match anyway so you'd need a replacement anyway.

Maybe Mickie was tapping verbally when the match got called off?

She looked extremely confused and surprised when the ref called it, so that's probably not it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

adam pearce became high on stimulants and created the gold rush last night and forced it upon vince mcmahon at his personal gym at 3:35am. in the morning. vince mcmahon had no choice but to gold rush

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hangman adam pearce is the self-medicating millennial and i'm "here for it." We stan a king. i just found out he is too old to be a millennial.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

It was a mutual fight after McIntyre claimed he was saving Keith from being a loser

So we're back to "all WWE babyfaces are jerks"?

Vandar posted:

So let me get this straight.

Lana and Natty get squashed in a tag match where Lana eats the pin, then Nia and Shayna attack them, and then Nia, the most unsafe worker in the company, puts Lana through a table.

Gee. I wonder if Vince is being petty about someone joining another company...

EDIT: This tweet loving makes the whole thing: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1305697799644819456

Hahahahahaha the utter pettiness of this company

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Adam Pearce

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

So we're back to "all WWE babyfaces are jerks"?

Hahahahahaha the utter pettiness of this company

Ahh yes, the classic “I released you and let you go but you are forever owned by me. Don’t even think about working anywhere else because you are branded with WWE.”

All associated with you shall be punished.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The gold rush is a great sandwich and I wish there were more Roy Rogers around

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Cavauro posted:

Hangman adam pearce is the self-medicating millennial and i'm "here for it." We stan a king. i just found out he is too old to be a millennial.

He's a member of Generation X, generation strange (sun don't even shine through his window pane)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lance Storm says the ref mouthed that Mickie dislocated her shoulder and that's why he called it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Lance Storm says the ref mouthed that Mickie dislocated her shoulder and that's why he called it

She didn't really look like it after the match/at the finish.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Pylons posted:

She didn't really look like it after the match/at the finish.

I'll take the ref occasionally stopping a match early over them not stopping matches that obviously needed to be stopped.

Also that show sounds aggressively stupid as expected, and Keith Lee attacking drew backstage stands out for being pointless and another reminder that there are no good guys in WWE.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1305719507189669888

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

So I've just been reading the recaps for years at this point (thanks J-Ru) and I may have missed something, but since when is Adam Pearce the authority, and also why?

Drew McIntyre actually asked at the tail end of his promo at the start of the show,"Who put you in charge anyway?" :lol:

But to be serious, the last few weeks Pearce has been an increasing presence, and just before one of the PPVs (Payback I think?) there was a storyline where Vince was giving him instructions so I think they've at least half-assed demonstrated that Pearce is a WWE official with some authority.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I don't think I have seen Adam Pearce, is he Drake Maverick with a fake mustache?

Also, does he end promos with "PEARCE OUT!"?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Adam Pearce is Edge's real name. he had to retire from wrestling, so they're letting him be the general manager for the rest of the time left on his contract.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

I don't think I have seen Adam Pearce, is he Drake Maverick with a fake mustache?

Also, does he end promos with "PEARCE OUT!"?

he's the Scrap Daddy and mortal enemy to bobby dempsey

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Adam Pearce picked a shoot fight with Jamie Kennedy at a disastrous public access New Years Eve special years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Suge D aka Pineapple Pete was on Raw Underground in the crowd today.

Give him the 5 year contract Vince