Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

store is still down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

lol even the most insane turntablists aren't vinyl snobs anymore

nothing wrong with records but when you see beat junkies/xecutioners/skatchpiklz level guys using serato and sometimes even controllers the writing is on the wall
love too press play in itunes and then wiggle a thing to "disc jockey"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

so why would anyone buy an ipad pro now lol

lidar!!!!!

seriously that's like the only functional difference

I don't regret my pro but it would have been cool to pay a couple hundred bucks less for basically the same thing

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
meemaw needs the bigger screen to watch her stories on netflix because of her eyes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

love too press play in itunes and then wiggle a thing to "disc jockey"

djay is a super fun toy, all I'm saying. the ui isn't loving horrible like every other dj software and it hooks into tidal so I can play almost anything from my couch

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

poty posted:

so whats the difference between the watch se and watch 5? i missed the beginning

no always on display is the biggest one. looks like s5 guts with an s4 screen

https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-se/

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

rjmccall posted:

the vinyl snobs have fully retreated into “the sound is so perfect and warm but only the very first time you ever play the record and then it’s irretrievably ruined” which is not really an idea compatible with sharing your music with other people

It’s not as funny when I have to help them move the massive stone slabs they plonk their technics on.

CDJs are also comically oversized only to look ‘pro’.

iPad DJ would be laughed out of the booth even if you can beat match perfectly well with it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

FCKGW posted:

no always on display is the biggest one. looks like s5 guts with an s4 screen

https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-se/

i see also no ecg which even the 4 had.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

djay is a super fun toy, all I'm saying. the ui isn't loving horrible like every other dj software and it hooks into tidal so I can play almost anything from my couch
you've been able to make playlists of MP3s for decades now. you can even edit them as they are playing!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

you've been able to make playlists of MP3s for decades now. you can even edit them as they are playing!

yeah but I don't have to copy them onto my ipad are you not familiar with the convenience of music streaming

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

yeah but I don't have to copy them onto my ipad are you not familiar with the convenience of music streaming
does tidal not let you make playlists? sounds like your streaming software is a piece of poo poo

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

poty posted:

i see also no ecg which even the 4 had.

hmm, you're right

you can compare all the models here https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/

pram
Jun 10, 2001
tidal is janky af

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

pram posted:

tidal is janky af

eh, it has its ups and downs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

does tidal not let you make playlists? sounds like your streaming software is a piece of poo poo
stymieing works better when you make sense on the face of whatever molehill you've decided to die on

pram posted:

tidal is janky af

it is but I can't abide apple music polluting my giant local collection and they have flac

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

glad i got the apple watch 5 earlier this year. aka the apple watch se se

xD

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

stymieing works better when you make sense on the face of whatever molehill you've decided to die on
i'm simply trying to figure out what you need a "dj" app for to play a playlist from your couch

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Last Chance posted:

glad i got the apple watch 5 earlier this year. aka the apple watch se se

xD

Yeah, I might look for one of those instead of the SE. Walmart had them last month for $300

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
is the ipad air the apple product with the 2nd most powerful processor. second only to the macbook pro

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

i'm simply trying to figure out what you need a "dj" app for to play a playlist from your couch

because it lets you mix and loop and pitch bend and do all that stuff, that's like the point of it, it's fun to play with music

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wow qirex you know you can just buy premixed dj sets you fuckin luddite !!!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
might get the new ipad air. my current ipad is the very first original ipad air lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

wow qirex you know you can just buy premixed dj sets you fuckin luddite !!!!

putting on ozark bass attack once my meetings are over

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
does everyone keep their ipad in a case all the time? it never leaves the house, why would I case my ipad?

but if the ipad has a camera bump, then it can't lay flat on its back without a case??

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i case my ipad pro 10.5 because i take it to my partner's house, a house with a few animals. but the ipad air 2 at home stays uncased.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

putting on ozark bass attack once my meetings are over

i got that new one from a bit ago too, 2.5 hours of dnb with a little set of kpop at the end. it got a good reaction

http://ultrawizardsword.net/s/denver-to-seoul-with-love/

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I have a child so you better believe the iPad is in a case

my original air might finally get replaced

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

serato scratch ios edition traktor ios is good and needs suiting, the little usb controller they have for it is cute and functional for basic mixing tasks

edit: whoops wrong app

Share Bear fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 15, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Twerk from Home posted:

does everyone keep their ipad in a case all the time? it never leaves the house, why would I case my ipad?

but if the ipad has a camera bump, then it can't lay flat on its back without a case??
i have a leather sleeve for when it travels. otherwise it’s in hand or by default on a display stand in the kitchen. i think i bought the stand for $1 from a dishware store once. still works well and adjustable

the og ipad air, otoh

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
the solo loop is totally for kids, was trying the size guide and size 1 is for a pre schooler

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

literally who cares about watch stfu tim apple wheres arm mac

have u considered that the watch is, in fact, the arm mac

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still on the OG iPad Pro 12.9". I can't see anything on it that I can't do

Also it has a fingerprint reader and headphone jack which is nice

Case is essential so you can have it in a kickstand mode when watching vids

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I’m ready Tim

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

a neurotic ai posted:

CDJs are also comically oversized only to look ‘pro’.

the ones i've worked on were absolutely packed with hardware. maybe the newer generation is down to one board or whatever, but the older ones needed to be that size to actually hold everything

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

the ones i've worked on were absolutely packed with hardware. maybe the newer generation is down to one board or whatever, but the older ones needed to be that size to actually hold everything

They're sized to fit in club booths, they had the height and depth of a 1200 to work with so that's where they've stayed

since the new one doesn't even have an optical drive I'd imagine the electronic guts of the thing are smaller than the power supply and probably easily fit behind the screen

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

stupid analog signals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

qirex posted:

They're sized to fit in club booths, they had the height and depth of a 1200 to work with so that's where they've stayed

since the new one doesn't even have an optical drive I'd imagine the electronic guts of the thing are smaller than the power supply and probably easily fit behind the screen

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1590127-REG/pioneer_dj_cdj_3000_uxjcb_cdj3000_black.html

2300 usd drat