Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Rinkles posted:

Just for fun, another quote from that interview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol of course being a microsoft exec you have to come up with this idea by going to africa instead of idk playing one of a jillion popular games that already have it, the field in which you work

yeah lol how long has it existed even like, half a decade or more??

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

phil spencer allow me to introduce you to "gacha"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

This is the absolute funniest poo poo every time I see it and I always have to remember it is completely real

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

acksplode posted:

I really don't understand why the streaming services position themselves as bad replacements rather than good supplements for whatever gaming hardware you already have. Streaming makes way more sense if there's a good library of latency-insensitive games and they're running on more powerful hardware than what you probably have at home. Yet Xcloud is running on One S's and Stadia is offering you Serious Sam and Doom Eternal, I just don't get it. Maybe the set of games that aren't twitchy and could benefit from beefy hardware isn't large, but if you're MS then you're already a publisher, you could fix that.

Yeah I was thinking this today, you could easily highlight games that don't need you to make snap-second inputs and they'd work great within the limitations of streaming.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Turn based strategy games would work great with streaming because nothing is about having to worry about constant twitchy input.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Rad Valtar posted:

Turn based strategy games would work great with streaming because nothing is about having to worry about constant twitchy input.

Had a guy on Twitter very excited to play Gears Tactics at 120fps and its like... yay?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Seedge posted:

Had a guy on Twitter very excited to play Gears Tactics at 120fps and its like... yay?

Edit: whoops read that wrong. Thought it said Gears of War.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rad Valtar posted:

Golf games were great on dialup for the same reason.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seedge posted:

I'd rather play it at double speed 60fps cause it takes half an hour to walk across the maps sometimes

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I had to redownload the app to get it to work. Anyone else have that problem?

mem
Sep 1, 2005
I just had to update my app on the play store and it added cloud to the gamepass app. Im in bumfuck Arizona getting my truck worked on and played some minecraft dungeons and it worked pretty well (don't have a controller with me).

On a fairly weak LTE signal and there was some hitching here and there but it was very playable. Phone is a pixel 3xl. Looked pretty good but I got old eyes.

Don't think I would play shooters or platformers on this, but maybe turn based or puzzle games. Dragon quest 11 would probably be a good one.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Rinkles posted:

Just for fun, another quote from that interview

well first, Africa isn't a country.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do you also do that when people say they went to Europe?

Adhibhautika
Feb 28, 2004
Evil Beast of a Thousand bodies
If you add a 12-month xbox gold code to your current gamepass ultimate subscription it will now autoconvert it to 4 months of gamepass ultimate, so it seems they have updated the conversation rates. At least here in the EU.

Because I just did that.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

If they proceed to call it a country in a non-joking manner, I think it's called for. Although in this story it isn't really clear if the person calling Africa a country was Spencer or the writer.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Adhibhautika posted:

If you add a 12-month xbox gold code to your current gamepass ultimate subscription it will now autoconvert it to 4 months of gamepass ultimate, so it seems they have updated the conversation rates. At least here in the EU.

Because I just did that.

Yeah it only works if you haven't converted over yet. Once you have converted it works like that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
what's the reason for xcloud not supporting all gamepass games?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Probably publisher reasons.

Same reason why Nvidia had to pull games from GeForce Now.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Adhibhautika posted:

Because I just did that.

That's how it's always been, AFAIK.

However, if you let your Ultimate lapse, then add a 12-month Gold and then convert it to Ultimate, you'll get the full 12 months.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

This is the absolute funniest poo poo every time I see it and I always have to remember it is completely real

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Cojawfee posted:

As a European, it would indeed be very dumb to write something like that, yes.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

An xcloud version of a game doesn't necessarily come for free, there's work involved even if it doesn't seem like it. Some developers or publishers aren't willing to put in that time/effort.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

An xcloud version of a game doesn't necessarily come for free, there's work involved even if it doesn't seem like it. Some developers or publishers aren't willing to put in that time/effort.

Yeah the server is based on a 1s but it has a number of differences i imagine might break some poo poo

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

well first, Africa isn't a country.

Lmao

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Series S- 4.25 lb
Series X- 9.8 lb
Mk 1 Xbone- 7.8 lb
XboneS- 6.4 lb
XboneX- 8.4 lb
OG PS4- 6.2 lb
PS4 Slim- 4.6 lb
PS4 Pro- 7.3 lb

PS5- 10.54 lb (estimated)
:captainpop::chanpop:

For all of the focus on the Series X being this big giant heavy box, the PS5 is going to be loving gigantic.

An original, 2001-spec XBox weighs 8.5 lbs.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the ps5 is yuge

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I can't believe Sony finally did it. They beat Xbox at their own game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I got a Trinitron into my house a few weeks ago, I’m sure I’ll manage with the PS5.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

univbee posted:

I got a Trinitron into my house a few weeks ago, I’m sure I’ll manage with the PS5.
Can you take the one out of my house please? You can just have it. Please I just want it gone.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

univbee posted:

I helped my dad send two lovely Trinitrons to the e-waste afterlife about a decade and change ago and I still kick myself about it. Those and two dead 90s Macs are the only recycling center deposits I regret, but in my defense I was in middle school when the Macs got scrapped.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Preorders on the 22nd likely going live 11am eastern, 8am pacific in the US:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1306253731156037632

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Red Warrior posted:

Preorders on the 22nd likely going live 11am eastern, 8am pacific in the US:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1306253731156037632

Why would someone want to go into a store to pre-order something?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Thom12255 posted:

Yelling at retail employees is the closest thing they have to human contact and affection.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

In the case of Gamestop you can trade in hardware/software to pay down the cost of ownership.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thom12255 posted:

Gamestop's business model depends on people going to the store to request a pre-order in person, and then buying something else while the customer is there.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

univbee posted:

In the case of Gamestop you can trade in hardware/software to pay down the cost of ownership.

i was gonna ask if they had reopened trades already but then i remembered this is the company that told employees to wear plastic bags on their hands

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if anyone here actually goes to a physical gamestop to preorder any of these consoles ur not allowed to post here anymore

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Stux posted:

if anyone here actually goes to a physical gamestop to preorder any of these consoles ur not allowed to post here anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My favorite part is when GameStop told employees to remain open even if the cops came by to tell them to close, and even gave printouts to all their minimum wage slaves to hand the police that say “thanks for your service but lol gently caress off”