Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TriffTshngo posted:

jesus this show sounds loving dire

they really have practically zero ideas that don't involve people attacking each other or brawling in the back huh

Hey buddy Mandalorian is loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

baby yoda SHOOTS on storm troopers

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Looks like she might be kinda important from the way she's framed in the trailer too.

First season was pretty episodic, curious to see if she if she just ends up being “important character of the week” or not.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MJeff posted:

Looks like she might be kinda important from the way she's framed in the trailer too.

yeah Disney have never featured a poc character heavily in a trailer and then cut out 90% of their scenes in the actual finished product

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

baby yoda SHOOTS on storm troopers

"It's uh, you know, it's a Lucha thing. He's El Hijo De Yoda but he's not like, actually Yoda's son. They're just working the same gimmick. I guess he could do his own thing but you know, that's the business so he's El Hijo De Yoda"

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Also, as a person who watches a lot of Cartoon Network in the afternoon, I remembered that they've been running commercials for their Wrekkin' Slambulance toy for like a month now with Drew heavily featured and narrating it. Long before it was announced or even hinted at on television. I think they did the same thing with Braun before his ambulance match with Roman (?) a couple years ago. So, the company clearly has some long-term planning and it all revolves around promoting specific toys.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They had the dumb destructible car action figure for like a year and then the SNL guys somehow got an exact replica car of that toy for Braun to rip apart

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

MJeff posted:

Hey buddy Mandalorian is loving good.

i can safely say i've never once given half a gently caress about the mandolorian nor do i ever plan to so rest assured i would never talk trash about it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I get the impression Rey’s daughter is going to turn on them but that sort of seems like a dead end.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1305928977337393152

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Mandalorian...is good.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is Smackdown still taped? if the ref screwed up the finish, wouldn't you just check Mickie out, make sure she's okay, then redo the finish?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Reality Protester posted:

is Smackdown still taped? if the ref screwed up the finish, wouldn't you just check Mickie out, make sure she's okay, then redo the finish?

Neither are taped since moving to the THUNDERDOME

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Rick posted:

I get the impression Rey’s daughter is going to turn on them but that sort of seems like a dead end.

There's time travel in the Mandalorian now?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I like Star Wars but not enough to watch The Mandalorian, and I know Disney is just as evil as WWE, but good on Sasha getting a presumably decent and high-profile payday outside of WWE. I hope this becomes a substantial and lucrative career for her so she can leverage better deals and treatment, or just leave as need be. I don't know if she's a good actor, but even if she isn't she's still too good for this company.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mandalorian is better than any Star Wars you'll have watched since the 1980s

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/139580/what-happened-with-mickie-james-and-asuka-last-night.html?p=1

"The planned finish was for James to tap out to the Asuka Lock but the bell was rung prematurely while James and Asuka were grappling with James selling Asuka trying to lock her in a submission hold.

PWInsider.com has been told by numerous sources that the decision was made to ring the bell out of concern that James might actually have been out on her feet due to the way she was selling the move.

We are told James was actually fine and just did siuch an excellent job of selling that she was out of it that she fooled those in charge, who signaled that the match be stopped, instructions the referee followed."

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1305892983959683073

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw

8PM 1.812mil
9PM 1.734mil
10PM 1.521mil

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

I like Star Wars but not enough to watch The Mandalorian, and I know Disney is just as evil as WWE, but good on Sasha getting a presumably decent and high-profile payday outside of WWE. I hope this becomes a substantial and lucrative career for her so she can leverage better deals and treatment, or just leave as need be. I don't know if she's a good actor, but even if she isn't she's still too good for this company.

People are saying she plays a pretty high profile character too.

I hope Sasha gets a lot of money. She's real good and deserves it.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw

8PM 1.812mil
9PM 1.734mil
10PM 1.521mil

That's down only slightly from last week. They're probably going to do more Raws with taglines as a result.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 15, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

People are saying she plays a pretty high profile character too.

I hope Sasha gets a lot of money. She's real good and deserves it.

if she's being billed as Sasha Banks and not her real name then she's just receiving whatever she gets after WWE takes their cut

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe is dying

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Also, as a person who watches a lot of Cartoon Network in the afternoon, I remembered that they've been running commercials for their Wrekkin' Slambulance toy for like a month now with Drew heavily featured and narrating it. Long before it was announced or even hinted at on television. I think they did the same thing with Braun before his ambulance match with Roman (?) a couple years ago. So, the company clearly has some long-term planning and it all revolves around promoting specific toys.
They did the same thing with the Shark Cage, I honestly don't know if it's WWE telling the toy company they're doing a gimmick or if the toy company is saying "hey we're making this, can you promote it"

The first time NXT did the shark cage it was so jarring because Paul Ellering rarely, if at all interfered in matches before that and didn't do it after either

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

fatherofmustard posted:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/139580/what-happened-with-mickie-james-and-asuka-last-night.html?p=1

"The planned finish was for James to tap out to the Asuka Lock but the bell was rung prematurely while James and Asuka were grappling with James selling Asuka trying to lock her in a submission hold.

PWInsider.com has been told by numerous sources that the decision was made to ring the bell out of concern that James might actually have been out on her feet due to the way she was selling the move.

We are told James was actually fine and just did siuch an excellent job of selling that she was out of it that she fooled those in charge, who signaled that the match be stopped, instructions the referee followed."
But they wouldn't stop Flair from trying to murder Kairi after everyone on the planet knew she had a concussion. :tinfoil: I wonder if they've got their fingers on the trigger after the Matt Hardy accident

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

But they wouldn't stop Flair from trying to murder Kairi after everyone on the planet knew she had a concussion. :tinfoil: I wonder if they've got their fingers on the trigger after the Matt Hardy accident

i mean better safe than sorry.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, I forgot about the shark cage match lol

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

the wwe is dying

nice!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah what the gently caress? Do they actually think one of their best workers would be so incompetent at their job as to actually choke someone out?

But clearly this woman who can barely stand is good to go for that powerbomb through a table have fun out there Charlotte!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

the wwe is dying

Spend less on Thunderdomes

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

its well known that all wrestling shows on major television networks continuously plummet in viewership as the night goes on. its a very normal thing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if they think the person is out, they're supposed to check the arm three times and if it's limp then the match is over. am i the only one around here who gives a gently caress about the rules.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Reality Protester posted:

if they think the person is out, they're supposed to check the arm three times and if it's limp then the match is over. am i the only one around here who gives a gently caress about the rules.

MARK IT ZERO!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I think the best way to make retribution awesome is when they unmasked they have no skin on their faces so now they are all people with bloody skulls and they scream constantly while mildly wrecking poo poo.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 15, 2020

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Waffleopolis posted:

I think the best way to make retribution awesome is when they unmasked they have no skin on their faces so now they are all people with bloody skulls and they scream constantly while mildly wrecking poo poo.

this except they also shoot fire like Scorpion from MK

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hurt Business is the only good thing on RAW. I loved them beating the jobber gang and they all look so drat cool. Cedric is one of my favorite people in wrestling and seeing him shine is nice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There might've been more significance to Hurt Business defending RAW if they hadn't debuted like the same time Retribution did, and did more than just harass Apollo Crews and R-Truth for a couple months.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Don't forget Main Event Bobby vs Drew!

I mean good for Lashley; he's never been my thing but whatever, his matches are usually short enough. It's funny at this point last year Main Event Bobby was starting his feud with The Best Man (which ultimately ended June 2020 :psyduck: )

bartok
May 10, 2006

My favorite part about Raw is I've been using it as an excuse to watch movies in my backlog I've been putting off because they were over 2 hours. This week it was an excellent Korean horror movie called The Wailing and next week I'm finally going to watch The Irishman.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

WWE is a toy company
AEW is a t-shirt company
Impact is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw

8PM 1.812mil
9PM 1.734mil
10PM 1.521mil

raw: not actually in very many faces